Thread: Three Kingdoms Mmmmmm!

Default Three Kingdoms Mmmmmm!

Just seen the latest trailer for 3K and it looked like Warcraft Three Kingdoms!.........I feel .CA have lost there way with this if it is supposed to be an historical addition. Very arcade!! Thank heavens they are continuing with updating Rome 2.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Three Kingdoms Mmmmmm!

What looks like Warcraft? I mean honestly. Colours looks too colourful? Do you want to see some China pictures with such vivid colours? :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

I think I meant Warhammer!

What what exactly? I mean units? Characters? Campaign map?

The colours! Campaign map giant mountains lime green in your face presentation. It all needs toning down. I'm not a Warhammer fantasy fan and this has the feel and the look of fantasy!!

Honetly I love the warm colours and looking at some china landscape pictures....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

lol just adjust your monitors color tone then! you want blander, move it to the left and you have less colorful.
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Since when does color selection makes a game arcade?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Since when does color selection makes a game arcade?
    It doesn't. But these people have already made up their minds about 3K in truth. They claim they are open but in reality they are just looking for their suspicions to be confirmed, and grasp at the tiniest of straws and jump at the smallest of shadows to prove their hypothesis. It's like going into an experiment knowing the conclusion you want to draw.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Honetly I love the warm colours and looking at some china landscape pictures....
    I am sure you are aware pictures can be modified to have more or less colors, luminosity, contrast, saturation, warmness, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    I am sure you are aware pictures can be modified to have more or less colors, luminosity, contrast, saturation, warmness, etc
    Sure as can be lights and such settings in TWs. Look at how many times CA changes colours for R2 alone.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The pictures look more than great. The question that emerges is will older PCs being capable to support tha quality. Remember how "heavy" Rome II and Attila were for even 1 or 2 years old PCs not to mention 5 or 6 years old ones like mine.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The pictures look more than great. The question that emerges is will older PCs being capable to support tha quality. Remember how "heavy" Rome II and Attila were for even 1 or 2 years old PCs not to mention 5 or 6 years old ones like mine.
    3K will be 64-bit game as WH1+2. My PC is almost 3 years old and running WHs at max while still having issues in Attila....So that“s it, if you can run WHs with decent quality, FPS..you probably won“t have many problem with 3K as well.

Sure quality, everything will goes up as with any TW but they will as well optimize engine a bit. Unless of course they would created another Attila, sure...
    Last edited by Daruwind; August 16, 2018 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Total War game was CPU-based-performance game.

You could easily get quality maxed out. I never worried about quality of graphic, my 5 years old PC with GTX 1060 6GB could handle everything.

But I see big performance improved lately. They did great jobs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    Total War game was CPU-based-performance game.
    You could easily get quality maxed out. I never worried about quality of graphic, my 5 years old PC with GTX 1060 6GB could handle everything.
    But I see big performance improved lately. They did great jobs though.
    Nvidia GTX 1060 was launched in 2016. That's 2 years ago. It's little misleading to call your PC 5 years old.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Nvidia GTX 1060 was launched in 2016. That's 2 years ago. It's little misleading to call your PC 5 years old.
    Yeah indeed misleading.

My PC only have one new graphic card. The rest is 5 years old components. CPU i7 - 3770 (not even K, overclock version), Ram 16GB (8x4, not quad channel, still works at dual channel, I just adds extra to get 16GB) and you could guess the rest.

My point is, I only upgrade VGA to GTX 1060 6GB and its handle Total War game like golden. Unless I go crazy with "numbers" of units on screen. 4 armies vs 4 armies anyone? You needs CPU powered NASA PC for that...