Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ahowl11's VE Mod (Old Discussion) v7 Rise of the Serpent

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v7 Rise of the Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Not for this mod because there’s no intention to add Bactria or India.
    Well they could be just strong rebels, just to have more regions for the other factions.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I’m actually saving city slots by excluding those areas. So it’ll allow for more immersive areas elsewhere. Just about every mod includes Bactria and India, and I kind of want this mod to be different.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Hi Ahowl11, congratz for your new addition !
    I'm having a look at it
    If you check the names files under "illyria" they apparently used dacian names, as a duplicate. Both Illyria and Thrace are difficult to represent as factions indeed. Too small, foggy, divided historically. Thrace had its time under the Odrysians about 430 BC, the Ardiaei and Dardanians had some success with the Illyrians but that's pretty much it. Yet they are integrated into most mods. However, warfare-wise they are very close.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    Hi Ahowl11, congratz for your new addition !
    I'm having a look at it
    If you check the names files under "illyria" they apparently used dacian names, as a duplicate. Both Illyria and Thrace are difficult to represent as factions indeed. Too small, foggy, divided historically. Thrace had its time under the Odrysians about 430 BC, the Ardiaei and Dardanians had some success with the Illyrians but that's pretty much it. Yet they are integrated into most mods. However, warfare-wise they are very close.
    Thank you, and yes they are very similar in how hard they are to represent but I think I made the right decision in sticking with Thrace.

I took a bit of a break, but have started working on Scythia

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Got any guess on when it's done?

I'm always playing Hellenic/Roman factions, so I'm still waiting for one in order to try out your mod.

Probably In a week or two, and I’ll be getting the Greeks and Romans done last. That way their campaigns will have a richer experience.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Bigger map is planning with more regions?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

The map already extends to the Aral Sea and yes I’ll be adding more regions, to make the game more immersive, but it’s a tricky task to keep the balance so I’ll probably wait until all factions are finished.

Hello! Here is some news:

Currently Scythia is being finished, however we are not at a point for release. Things have already been delayed (holiday season is just too busy) so there will be a Christmas release! So on the 24th/25th be looking here for the release.

Since it's Christmas we decided to bundle two more factions into the release along with some other features that we are still discussing.

Can you guess which factions?

Also, for those who have downloaded and played, I am going to create a feedback thread. I really would like to hear your thoughts on how the mod plays with some of the new features as well as your thoughts for improving the mod.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season, stay tuned for the Christmas release!

~ahowl11

I AM CLOSING THIS BASED OFF OF EVENTS THAT HAVE TRANSPIRED THIS MONTH.

*The downloads above will still be available, but the mod has gone back to basics. Read more about my decision here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234