Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ahowl11's VE Mod (Old Discussion) v7 Rise of the Serpent

Default ahowl11's VE Mod (Old Discussion) v7 Rise of the Serpent

Hello! I bring to you the first version of my mod that will enhance the vanilla experience!
    My goals for this mod are:
    1) Keep vanilla look and feel intact
    2) Keep Vanilla factions, but enhance them and fix historical inaccuracies
    3) Make a better, well rounded game
    4) Add immersion without killing original feel.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The main things added in this version are:
    An extended east map, so that Parthia, Seleucid and Scythia can have a better starting position.

The Bugfixer mod by player1, located here
    All Factions mod by Hader, located here
    Elements from Darthmod such as formations and unit stats
    New Animations by Signifierone, Prometheus and Alin
    Formatted to work on the Alexander expansion to incorporate all of it's features
    Many small fixes found in the credit list!

Installation
    To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory, or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when making a shortcut, include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW
    v1.0 Features and Credits
    -Vanilla map extended east to incorporate Parthia and Persia. Better starting positions for Parthia and the Seleucids. Also two regions, one in Caledonia (Scotland), and the other in eastern Arabia are included.
    --10 Regions Added in Total, complete with resources, and mercenary pools.
    -Darthmod Unit Stats and Sizes
    -Darthmod formations
    -Got rid of Wardogs, Incendiary Pigs, Screeching Women and Arcani
    -Added officers and standard bearers to all eligible units, including cavalry. Complete with new animations.
    - Fixed Grain Bug
    -Added Bug Fixer mod by player1
    -Added All Factions mod by Hader
    -Added the following fixes to units from Medusa0
    --Cilician Pirate throws Harpoon
    --Town Watch Shield Bug fixed
    -- Julii Hastati & Principes have Shoulder Pads like other Roman families
    -Added new animations made by Signifierone, Prometheus and Alin
    --Roman Infantry fight properly
    --Phalangites use two hands
    --Hoplites fight overhand and use different formation
    --Cavalry have different poses depending on their weapon
    --Archers and horse archers use bows correctly
    --Javelinmen fire at a faster rate
    -Fixed Rebel Strat Banners so they reflect the correct culture
    -Made mod compatible with Alexander.

Thank you for helping me:
    -Suppanut
    -Robbe
    -Lanjane
    -comrade_general
    -uanime5
    -countberengar
    -saul_tyre
    -texoman
    -mausolos

Tired of playing vanilla with Bronze Age Egyptians? Well, the problem has been solved!
    In this edition of my enhancement mod, I focused almost exclusively on remaking Egypt into the Ptolemaic Empire. It is a must when you are trying to enhance the vanilla game, and quite frankly I'd like this to be pretty historical, not a blend of fantasy and history, or a time-warp.

The Ptolemaic Phalanx awaits orders

With this version, you will receive the following:
    -ReallyBad AI script for battles (this is largely untested, but it has popular demand in the community, because apparently it does a good job of making battles harder. I'll be testing myself, but please give feedback on it!)

*To activate the script, when the campaign starts, select a settlement, then click on the advisor. Then check your treasury to make sure that 1 denarius has been added to your treasury. If you exit out to start/load another campaign, before you do, click the '?' button in the menu and it will terminate the script. Otherwise you'll need to restart the game!*

- Egypt completely overhauled to Ptolemaic Empire. From the units, to the culture, names, sounds, and icons, there is nothing 'Egyptian' about this faction other than the location it starts in.

Ptolemaic Egypt with new General/Captain designs

- 3 New Settlements: Hippo Regius, Aleria, and Iconium. The first two are for Carthage and the latter is for the Seleucids.
    - New Greek Officer for all Greek factions, including the Rebels.
    - Rebels now have a Greek Standard Bearer
    - Militia Hoplites now have shirts!
    - Historical Battle of Raphia updated to accommodate Ptolemies

THE NEW PTOLEMAIC EMPIRE FACTION ROSTER & RECRUITMENT
    Example: Vanilla Unit - New Unit
    BARRACKS
    Tier 1: Nubian Spearmen - Militia Hoplites
    Tier 2: Nile Spearmen - Levy Pikemen
    Tier 3: Desert Axemen - Phalanx Pikemen
    Tier 4: Pharaoh's Guards - Royal Pikemen
    RANGE
    Tier 1: Slingers & Skirmishers - Peltasts
    Tier 2: Bowmen - Archers
    Tier 3: Pharaoh's Bowmen & Onagers - Onagers
    Tier 4: Heavy Onagers - Heavy Onagers
    STABLES
    Tier 1: Desert Cavalry - Militia Cavalry
    Tier 2: Nubian Cavalry - Greek Cavalry
    Tier 3: Nile Cavalry & Camel Archers - Companion Cavalry & War Elephants
    SMITH
    Tier 1: Egyptian Chariots - N/A
    Tier 2: Egyptian Chariot Archers - N/A
    PORT
    Tier 1: Bireme - Bireme
    Tier 2: Trireme - Trireme
    Tier 3: N/A - Quinquereme
    GENERAL
    Pre-Marian: Egyptian Chariots - Greek Cavalry
    Post-Marian: Nile Cavalry - Macedonian Cavalry
    OTHER
    Tier 1-6 Peasants (Egyptian) - Peasants (Greek)

The new Ptolemaic Unit Roster (excluding Peasants, who are campaign only)

CREDITS
    My main source for unit textures and unit cards was from the mod 'The Hellenic States' or 'THS' made by comrade_general. Other units were redone by my good friend Lanjane. The officer, is from a Russian mod, Barbarians Revenge, they have done an amazing job with their units.
    The 3 new cities were taken from the Vanilla Balance Mod, made by Barbarossa82 on totalwar.org
    The ReallyBadAI Script was made by Germanicu5 and it was intended for M2TW. Again, this is experimental, I am not sure how it will work with RTW.
    I want to thank uanime5 for everything he does to help, Lanjane for his amazing art skills, suppanut for his mapping genius, comrade_general for all things re-coloring, and my friends on slack who give feedback, advice and ideas.
    Download

To Install:
    One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.
    If you have the last version of the mod, simply extract into the same location and overwrite your files. Make sure to delete the map.rwm file in HRTW/data/world/maps/base folder.
    If this is your first crack at my mod then follow these instructions:
    To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory, or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW

Features listed in the forum or the latest article, once approved!

Enjoy!

The Gauls were always a pushover in vanilla. They had hordes of shirtless warriors who'd rout as instantly as they'd charge. Those units still remain. However, vanilla never really gave them any support. Historically the Gauls had a sophisticated society and civilization, based off status and nobility. In this version of my mod, I wanted to give more immersion to the Gauls and their military, as well as upgrade their building tree for the late game. Lanjane was crucial to their development, I was just the one adding files in, so please give credit to them, for the best Gallic representation that a vanilla mod can offer!

The New Look Gauls Await the Germanic Horde

Here are the list of features in v3:

- Barbarian UI from BI added to barbarian culture
    - New Strat Map Captain for Gauls
    - New Barbarian Officer and Carnyx Musician attached to Barbarian Units
    - BI buildings added to campaign and battle map. Only Gaul has access to all of the buildings though.

New UI, Captain and Buildings

- Gallic Roster completely overhauled

- Battle AI script activated on battles (including custom battles!) instead of campaign. It actually works now, check it out!
    *TO ACTIVATE BATTLE SCRIPT, CLICK THE BATTLE ADVISOR ONCE THE BATTLE BEGINS
    - Druids available at all lvl3 Temples for Gauls
    - Naked Fanatics changed to Gaesatae and now available only to Gaul as a mercenary unit. No other factions can hire them.
    - Around 14 new units for the Gauls total.

New Gallic Roster

I know the features list is sort of small, but the Gallic Roster is a lot larger and more complex, and it took a lot of time to make it.

Here is a look at the Gallic Roster in Detail:
    GOVERNMENT

Tier1 - Warband & Gallic Levies

BARRACKS

Tier1 - Spear Warband & Sword Warband
    Tier2 - Spearmen & Swordsmen

Tier3 - Veteran Spearmen & Veteran Swordsmen
    Tier4 - Chosen Spearmen & Chosen Swordsmen
    Tier5 - Gallic Champions

RANGE

Tier2 - Slingers & Skirmisher Warband
    Tier3 - Archer Warband
    Tier4 - Forester Warband & Ballistas
    Tier5 - Onagers
    STABLES
    Tier2 - Gallic Light Cavalry
    Tier3 - Gallic Cavalry
    Tier4 - Gallic Heavy Cavalry

Tier5 - Gallic Noble Cavalry

Again, the main credits go to Lanjane for helping me create the roster on paper and then edit/make all the units and graphics. Other credits go to: Macedon Expansion, Barbarians Revenge, Rise of Empire, Extended Greek Mod and Extended Cultures Mod.

Download

ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod v4
    Way of the Woad

Not many mods gave the Britons a chance.. forums everywhere debated on what factions to replace them with. EB gave us the most accurate representation about 10 years ago, but no other mod tried. My own beloved RTR even scrapped them, and no vanilla mod did anything for them except maybe give them a few anachronistic units. That has all changed, in v4 of my mod, you will find the Britons to be exceptionally well done, all thanks to the wonderful and expert help of lanjane.
    In vanilla, the Britons were a bit of a mysterious faction, until we all saw them destroying the Germans on every play through. They like the Gauls were a simple faction with chariots of death, in this mod much has changed.

Britons ready for the Fray!

Here's the list of features in v4:
    - Britannic roster completely overhauled
    - Veggiemod by Robbe Aerts implemented (his work is amazing!)
    - Higher Level Buildings available for Britons
    - Grain Resource re-added as it's not a bug, take advantage of it in the 6 regions it is located in!
    - Phalanx bugs fixed.. they are more cohesive and men don't slide backwards and glitch out
    - Redid Fatigue.. All heat modifiers based on the vanilla -2 - 5 scale, and all units have either hardy or very_hardy. This is a better solution to turning fatigue completely off
    - Mercenary Peltasts now have Peltast skin in mercenary color. Illyrian Mercenaries are back to the way they looked in vanilla.
    - New Transparent bases under settlements.. No more white patches!
    - New Strat Map Captains for each faction, thanks to crazyroman!
    - Culture Specific Battering Rams, from tutorial made by Seasoned Alcoholic
    - Towers rate of fire reduced, thanks to Robbe!
    - Peasants in Settlement viewer don't have the faction colors anymore.

New Britannic Roster

The Britannic Roster in detail:
    GOVERNMENT

Tier 1 - Warband & Youths
    Tier 2 - Levies
    BARRACKS
    Tier 1 - Spear Warband & Sword Warband
    Tier 2 - Spearmen & Axemen
    Tier 3 - Swordsmen and Fanatic Spearmen
    Tier 4 - Chosen Spearmen & Chosen Swordsmen
    Tier 5 - Champions & Sword Masters
    RANGE
    Tier 1 - Slingers
    Tier 2 - Skirmisher Warband
    Tier 3 - Ambushers
    Tier 4 - Archer Warband
    STABLES
    Tier 1 - Britannic Light Chariots
    Tier 2 - Britannic Heavy Chariots
    Tier 3 - Light Cavalry
    TEMPLES
    Tier 2 - Woad Warriors & Wolfhounds
    Tier 3 - Druids
    GENERALS
    Barbarian Warlord (Chariot)
    Barbarian Chosen Warlord (Heavy Cavalry)
    The roster is a bit backwards in some regards but that is because the Ancient Britons were not as developed as the Gauls, they were somewhat behind the times. As the game begins in 270 BC, we didn't want to have a time warp, so the Britons will have a really weak roster to begin the game and later on develop into a very strong roster. This should change game play in that area of the map drastically.

Chariots charge in with their javelins hurling!

DOWNLOAD HERE

ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod v5
    Germanic Mystery
    The Germans have a few representations in the RTW modding world. Realistic mods like EB, RS2, RTR and Res Gestae all have very nice rosters. However for fans of a more simpler vanilla fee, they are lacking. XGM has a decent roster, but there still felt like a lot was lacking. In this mod, they finally got their overhaul.

The Germans are a hard faction to approach when modding. There is not a whole lot to pull from and look at to get an accurate idea, but after some research, discussion and viewing other mods from other games, we came up with something that we believe really enhances the German faction. This is not aimed at historical realism, but more game play driven with a historical flavor to it.. With that being said, don't expect any mythical or fantastical units either! In this installment, you'll receive a brand new German roster and building tree, as well as night battles and some traits and ancillaries from BI. Other features and fixes will be listed below!

Bear Warriors await orders

Here's the list of features in v5
    - Germanic roster completely overhauled
    - Bugs from Veggiemod fixed (no more random crashes from weather, climate or day types)
    - Internal feature, but we saved over 30 unit slots. Lanjane has made a few 'shared' models that each barbarian faction can use and still have the unit look distinct based on culture. Kudos to him for this idea, it was a lot of work, but it paid off! (This will allow for more units in future releases)
    - BI traits and ancillaries from BI that fit in the RTW timeframe have been added. More will be added in future releases. Included are the UI and sounds for messages.
    - Night Battles from BI have been added fully. Some characters can fight night battles from the beginning, check it out.
    - Britons have a small shakeup to their roster.. They lose Youth Slingers, but gain Britannic Slingers.. they will still have regular Slingers, now available in their government building. This was done mainly due to us wanting to conserve unit slots.
    - Britons also lose their chariot general sadly :'(. They were not working well at all and I was getting a lot of negative feedback. Historically, chariots were just transportation service for nobles, so don't think that they were used like they were in vanilla! Britons now have standard Barbarian Warlord for an early general.
    - Mercenary Peltasts have correct UI
    - All units have working sprites, this took awhile and we had an entire day worth of CTD's but it was fixed and everything runs smoothly. If you have any issues with the sprites, please let me know.
    - Teutoburg Forest Historical Battle updated to be playable with new Germanic roster.
    - New Mercenary unit exclusive to the Germans, Harii Warriors. Look around to see where you can recruit them!

New Germanic Roster

The Germanic Roster in detail:
    GOVERNMENT

Tier 1 - Warband
    Tier 2 - Levies
    BARRACKS
    Tier 1 - Spear Warband & Clubmen
    Tier 3 - Veteran Spearmen & Swordsmen
    Tier 4 - Pikemen & Chosen Swordsmen
    Tier 5 - Chosen Spearmen & Chosen Axemen
    RANGE
    Tier 1 - Slingers & Skirmisher Warband
    Tier 2 - Archer Warband
    Tier 3 - Forester Warband
    STABLES
    Tier 1 - Light Cavalry
    Tier 2 - Heavy Cavalry
    Tier 3 - Germanic Noble Cavalry
    TAVERN
    Tier 1 - Night Raiders
    Tier 2 - Berserkers
    TEMPLES
    Tier 2 - Wolf Warriors
    Tier 3 - Bear Warriors
    EXCLUSIVE MERCENARY
    Harii Warriors
    GENERAL
    Barbarian Warlord
    Barbarian Chosen Warlord
    The Germanic roster starts off very weak, you'll find it hard to sustain minimal casualties in the early game as nobody has armor and you basically have spears, clubs, javelins and slings. Germania is also a tough location to start in due to lack of population growth. If you can expand though, you have a lot of great warriors available that do AP damage and strike fear into their enemies. I broke down recruitment to also include the tavern, as vanilla uses it, I thought I would expand on that. So you have multiple ways to supply your Germanic raiding party!

Romans running for their lives as the Harii give chase!

Download and Installation:

Download v5 HERE

ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod v6
    Sons of Zalmoxis

Yet another faction that has not received a ton of love in the RTW modding community (aside from realistic overhauls). Dacia is a very interesting and diverse faction. Historically, they were located in modern day Romania, and were known as the Getae to the Greeks. A large debate has existed between scholars on whether the Dacians were actually part of the Thracian culture. Since RTW features both Dacia and Thrace I thought I'd simply expand on that feature instead of merging them into one faction like other mods.

Veteran Swordsmen waiting for the Romans to advance

The Dacians are more barbaric than Thracians so they keep the Barbarian culture, but we did majorly overhaul the look of their units. Here are the features:
    - Complete overhaul of Dacian Roster
    - New Barbarian City models on the map, made by Lanjane
    - New Bastarnae Mercenary unit model and texture
    - Macedonian Cavalry units have normal unit sizes instead of unusually large sizes
    The thing that bugged me about vanilla Dacia is that they were basically the Gauls in brown with a falxmen unit, and it was pretty boring. Now they have a full fledged roster full of unique units. Even the common units don't look like Gallic copies. See for yourself!

The Dacian Unit Roster

The Dacian Roster in detail:

GOVERNMENT

Tier 1 - Warband
    Tier 2 - Levies
    BARRACKS
    Tier 1 - Spear Warband & Sword Warband
    Tier 3 - Veteran Spearmen, Veteran Swordsmen, & Pikemen

Tier 4 - Chosen Spearmen & Chosen Swordsmen
    Tier 5 - Chosen Pikemen & Champions
    RANGE
    Tier 1 - Slingers & Skirmisher Warband
    Tier 2 - Archer Warband & Chosen Skirmishers
    Tier 3 - Chosen Archers & Ballistas
    Tier 4 - Onagers
    STABLES
    Tier 1 - Light Cavalry

Tier 2 - Heavy Cavalry & Dacian Horse Archers
    Tier 3 - Dacian Noble Cavalry

TEMPLES
    Tier 2 - Falxmen
    GENERAL
    Barbarian Warlord
    Barbarian Chosen Warlord
    The Dacian Roster is one of the most diverse, and the largest roster that we have formulated so far. They have a lot of heavy infantry, as well as good missile units and a diverse cavalry selection. They even have some siege units for the late game. All in all, this should make one of the more boring factions one of the most interesting factions in the game!
    New Barbarian City Models by Lanjane

Download and Installation:

Download v6 HERE

ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod v7
    Rise of the Serpent

Thrace is by far the most obscure faction in Rome Total War. It seems like the devs had originally planned for an Illyrian faction when at the last minute, they decided to make Thrace instead. Why? Every faction in this game that is non roman had a significant war or series of wars against Rome. Thrace had some minor altercations it seems. I was so perplexed by the idea of this faction that I almost turned them into Illyria. However, this is a vanilla enhancement mod that is supposed to add some historical flavor, not a realism mod.. so I left them in, and made them as interesting as possible!

Thracian Infantry

Thrace is a weird faction to mod in game terms as well. They are 'greek' in culture but historically they seemed to be a mix of Greek and Barbarian. The engine doesn't allow us to do much with that, and I didn't want them to seem 'barbarian' so I kept them as Greek, but made their units wild and fearsome. This faction is extremely unique compared to some of the others, and they should be a lot of fun to play with!

Here is a list of all the features in V7:
    - Complete Overhaul of Thracian Roster
    - New Feature: Culture. This is based off the BI religion feature and heavily influenced by XGM
    - Thracian 'Faction Destroyed' video now properly appears
    - Two new music tracks added to non roman and non barbarian campaigns. They are the Greek and Eastern intro tracks
    - Mod now runs with -noalexander. This enables intro videos to run again, so make sure you put that in your target line or the mod won't work!
    - Thrace has an exclusive Mercenary Unit to recruit in it's homelands: Bastarnae
    - All sprites are corrected, so there shouldn't be any missing anymore.
    The Thracian Roster is large and diverse, a far cry from the vanilla faction that seemed so bare. Check it out!
    Thracian Army

The Thracian Army in Detail:
    GOVERNMENT

Tier 1: Peasants
    Tier 2: Hillmen
    BARRACKS
    Tier 1: Swordsmen & Spearmen

Tier 2: Thracian Infantry & Thracian Spearmen
    Tier 3: Veteran Infantry & Pikemen

Tier 4: Thracian Heavy Infantry & Royal Pikemen
    Tier 5: Thracian Noble Infantry & Noble Falxmen
    RANGE
    Tier 1: Peltasts & Slingers
    Tier 2: Archers and Thracian Peltasts
    Tier 3: Heavy Peltasts & Ballistas
    Tier 4: Noble Peltasts & Onagers
    STABLES
    Tier 1: Militia Cavalry & Thracian Lancers
    Tier 2: Thracian Cavalry

Tier 3: Thracian Noble Cavalry
    Tier 4: Thracian Heavy Cavalry
    GENERAL
    Thracian General
    Thracian Armored General
    MERCENARIES
    Bastarnae
    This was one of the most fun rosters to make, and it should make for a very interesting campaign. As a player, you have multiple strategies to choose from. There are strong infantry and skirmishers as well as cavalry. There are also pikemen, so a smart general will use his selection wisely!

New Feature: Culture!

DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:
    Download here

To Install:

One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.
    READ CAREFULLY: If you have the last version of the mod, you must first go to HRTW/data/world/maps/campaign and delete the Alexander & Battlefields folders. Then, simply extract into the same location and overwrite your files. Make sure to delete the map.rwm file in HRTW/data/world/maps/base folder. THEN in your target line, make sure to add -noalexander to the end of it.

To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory, or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW -noalexander
    IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS, NOTHING WILL WORK!

For more visuals, check out the screenshots area on my moddb page!

CREDITS
    V1-4
    -Lanjane - Thank you for for the careful precision that you put into the units and their detail
    -crazyroman - Thank you for letting me use your strat map captains mod!
    -Robbe Aerts - Thank you for all of your work with Veggiemod and allowing me to use it, as well as your advice on the phalanx bugs and fatigue, and finally slowing down the rate of fire of towers
    -uanime5 - Thank you for all of the mapping help and making this map possible!
    -Saul_Tyre - Thank you for testing and putting my mod into the youtube world!
    -EB - For the inspiration especially on Sword Masters and woad tattoos.
    -Suppanut - for explaining to me the secrets of the Grain Resource and how it's not a bug, but misunderstood and misused
    -Quinn_Inuit - for helping me with fatigue
    -BHL_20 - for testing and helping with the battle script
    -Seasoned Alcoholic - For tutorial regarding culture specific rams
    -webbird - For some elements of the new Woad Warrior model
    -Rise of Empire - Champions unit
    -comrade_general - Skin & UI for Barbarian Chosen Warlord from THS mod as well as all of the Ptolemaic Skins and Characters
    -Macedon Expansion - For Unit Inspiration and pieces of models and textures
    -Barbarians Revenge - For Unit Inspiration and pieces of models and textures
    -Extended Greek Mod - For Unit Inspiration and pieces of models and textures
    -Extended Cultures Mod - For Unit Inspiration and pieces of models and textures
    -Barbarosa82 - 3 new cities from your Vanilla Balance Mod
    -Solon de Atenas - Carnyx musician model from your RTRA mod
    -player1 - for your BugFixer mod
    -Germanicu5 - For your ReallyBadAI mod
    -z3n - Helping with activating the ReallyBadAI mod
    -Hader - For your All Factions Mod
    -Darth Vader - For your Darthmod formations and unit stats that make these battles so fun and balanced
    -Signifierone, Prometheus & Alin - For your hardwork on animations.
    V5
    - Lanjane for awesome unit detail, as well as a few ideas for internal benefit.
    - Crazyroman for testing and support
    - Robbe Aerts for willing to fix some bugs
    - RTRPE for the Harii Warrior model, and parts of Veteran Spearmen Skin
    - EB for hair and leather helmet, as well as inspiration
    - Res Gestae and RS2 for inspiration
    - Barbarians Revenge for Bear Warrior model
    - ME and Lanjane for Chosen Axemen model
    - XGM for Club model
    - comrade_general - Skin & UI for Barbarian Warlord for Britons from THS mod
    V6
    - Lanjane for unit work, ui cards and new settlements, as well as fixing some sprites
    - Kirilakristi for expert advice and analysis on Dacia
    - crazyroman for testing
    - Diadochi Total War for the Veteran Swordsmen, and Veteran Spearmen models as well as a texture
    - Barbarians Revenge Mod for Dacian Noble Cavalry, and Dacian Horse Archer base models
    - Macedon Expansion Mod for Chosen Skirmisher and Chosen Archer Warband base models
    - Rise of Empire Mod for Chosen Spearmen, Pikemen, Chosen Pikemen, Champions and Heavy Cavalry base models
    - 77 BC mod for Axemen base model
    - RS2 for base settlement models for Barbarian Culture
    V7
    Credits:
    - Lanjane for amazing unit cards and some model/texture edits as well as his own creations
    - BHL_20 for his awesome work on culture. He gave it his own flavor, and it fits in perfectly!
    - kirilakristi for analysis on Thracian Roster
    - Mausolos for letting me not forget about the Bastarnae
    - crazyroman for testing
    - XGM for Noble Falxmen Model & Culture idea
    - ME mod for some models & textures
    - Barbarians Revenge Mod for some models and textures
    - Rise of Empire mod for some models and textures
    - webbird for Thracian face skin
    - Everyone who's following and supporting this mod on moddb, Exilian and TWC
    - Everyone on Slack who keeps the community alive

Finally, thank you all for downloading and making this mod happen!
    ~ahowl11

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod

Great work!

Sounds nice. Though not a big fan of vanilla I will surely give it a try. Good job
    My AAR- The Restoration of the Empire-A Vanilla Byzantine AAR

ahowl11's VE Mod v2 - Egyptian Makeover
    RELEASE

Tired of playing vanilla with Bronze Age Egyptians? Well, the problem has been solved!
    In this edition of my enhancement mod, I focused almost exclusively on remaking Egypt into the Ptolemaic Empire. It is a must when you are trying to enhance the vanilla game, and quite frankly I'd like this to be pretty historical, not a blend of fantasy and history, or a time-warp.

The Ptolemaic Phalanx awaits orders

With this version, you will receive the following:
    -ReallyBad AI script for battles (this is largely untested, but it has popular demand in the community, because apparently it does a good job of making battles harder. I'll be testing myself, but please give feedback on it!)

*To activate the script, when the campaign starts, select a settlement, then click on the advisor. Then check your treasury to make sure that 1 denarius has been added to your treasury. If you exit out to start/load another campaign, before you do, click the '?' button in the menu and it will terminate the script. Otherwise you'll need to restart the game!*

- Egypt completely overhauled to Ptolemaic Empire. From the units, to the culture, names, sounds, and icons, there is nothing 'Egyptian' about this faction other than the location it starts in.

Ptolemaic Egypt with new General/Captain designs

- 3 New Settlements: Hippo Regius, Aleria, and Iconium. The first two are for Carthage and the latter is for the Seleucids.
    - New Greek Officer for all Greek factions, including the Rebels.
    - Rebels now have a Greek Standard Bearer
    - Militia Hoplites have shirts!
    - Historical Battle of Raphia updated to accommodate the Ptolemies

THE NEW PTOLEMAIC EMPIRE FACTION ROSTER & RECRUITMENT
    Example: Vanilla Unit - New Unit
    BARRACKS
    Tier 1: Nubian Spearmen - Militia Hoplites
    Tier 2: Nile Spearmen - Levy Pikemen
    Tier 3: Desert Axemen - Phalanx Pikemen
    Tier 4: Pharaoh's Guards - Royal Pikemen
    RANGE
    Tier 1: Slingers & Skirmishers - Peltasts
    Tier 2: Bowmen - Archers
    Tier 3: Pharaoh's Bowmen & Onagers - Onagers
    Tier 4: Heavy Onagers - Heavy Onagers
    STABLES
    Tier 1: Desert Cavalry - Militia Cavalry
    Tier 2: Nubian Cavalry - Greek Cavalry
    Tier 3: Nile Cavalry & Camel Archers - Companion Cavalry & War Elephants
    SMITH
    Tier 1: Egyptian Chariots - N/A
    Tier 2: Egyptian Chariot Archers - N/A
    PORT
    Tier 1: Bireme - Bireme
    Tier 2: Trireme - Trireme
    Tier 3: N/A - Quinquereme
    GENERAL
    Pre-Marian: Egyptian Chariots - Greek Cavalry
    Post-Marian: Nile Cavalry - Macedonian Cavalry
    OTHER
    Tier 1-6 Peasants (Egyptian) - Peasants (Greek)

The new Ptolemaic Unit Roster (excluding Peasants, who are campaign only)

CREDITS
    My main source for unit textures and unit cards was from the mod 'The Hellenic States' or 'THS' made by comrade_general. Other units were redone by my good friend Lanjane. The officer, is from a Russian mod, Barbarians Revenge, they have done an amazing job with their units.
    The 3 new cities were taken from the Vanilla Balance Mod, made by Barbarossa82 on totalwar.org
    The ReallyBadAI Script was made by Germanicu5 and it was intended for M2TW. Again, this is experimental, I am not sure how it will work with RTW.
    I want to thank uanime5 for everything he does to help, Lanjane for his amazing art skills, suppanut for his mapping genius, comrade_general for all things re-coloring, and my friends on slack who give feedback, advice and ideas.
    Download

To Install:
    If you have the last version of the mod, simply extract into the same location and overwrite your files. Make sure to delete the map.rwm file in HRTW/data/world/maps/base folder.
    To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory, or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW

Enjoy!

Default Re: ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod v2 - Egyptian Makeover

Looks nice, especially since those damn egyptians got finally fixed !
    What other updates and fixes do you have in mind next if i may ask ?

Quote Originally Posted by Manteli View Post
    Looks nice, especially since those damn egyptians got finally fixed !
    What other updates and fixes do you have in mind next if i may ask ?
    Hey thanks! It'll be a little bit before Moddb posts the file/article but please have a look!

Only thing I will say, is that I have many ideas, and a solid plan. But I won't show my cards right haha. Just play, and keep checking here, there is a lot more to come!

OMG great work!!

Congratz with the new release

Great work, ahowl. Always nice to see some love for vanilla.

EDIT: Also, congrats on getting so popular on ModDB. Between this and (of course) RTR 8, you've done tremendous things for this community!
    Last edited by Cyprian2; August 20, 2018 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Great work, ahowl. Always nice to see some love for vanilla.

EDIT: Also, congrats on getting so popular on ModDB. Between this and (of course) RTR 8, you've done tremendous things for this community!

Thank you friend, I just can't stop modding until my ideas are made into reality, but I owe a big thanks to those who I have included in the credits!

Small news update!

I am plowing through barbarian factions with the help of my good friends Lanjane and Texoman. Gaul is all but finished, just needs a few tweaks. The Britons are now under discussion! The next release will include overhauled factions of Gauls, Britons, Germans and Dacians!

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Thank you friend, I just can't stop modding until my ideas are made into reality, but I owe a big thanks to those who I have included in the credits!

Small news update!

I am plowing through barbarian factions with the help of my good friends Lanjane and Texoman. Gaul is all but finished, just needs a few tweaks. The Britons are now under discussion! The next release will include overhauled factions of Gauls, Britons, Germans and Dacians!
    They are gonna be complete rework of skins or just an improvement of the vanilla ones ?
    Last edited by crazyroman; August 28, 2018 at 04:50 AM.

A bit of both. Some are reskinned and some have new models and skins. They don’t stray from vanilla at all. Once the last few tweaks are made I’ll be writing a article on them at moddb and obviously post it here
    Last edited by ahowl11; September 04, 2018 at 02:14 PM.

ahowl11's VE Mod v3 - Gallic Pride
    RELEASE

The Gauls were always a pushover in vanilla. They had hordes of shirtless warriors who'd rout as instantly as they'd charge. Those units still remain. However, vanilla never really gave them any support. Historically the Gauls had a sophisticated society and civilization, based off status and nobility. In this version of my mod, I wanted to give more immersion to the Gauls and their military, as well as upgrade their building tree for the late game. Lanjane was crucial to their development, I was just the one adding files in, so please give credit to them, for the best Gallic representation that a vanilla mod can offer!

The New Look Gauls Await the Germanic Horde

Here are the list of features in v3:

- Barbarian UI from BI added to barbarian culture
    - New Strat Map Captain for Gauls
    - New Barbarian Officer and Carnyx Musician attached to Barbarian Units
    - BI buildings added to campaign and battle map. Only Gaul has access to all of the buildings though.

New UI, Captain and Buildings

- Gallic Roster completely overhauled

- Battle AI script activated on battles (including custom battles!) instead of campaign. It actually works now, check it out!
    *TO ACTIVATE BATTLE SCRIPT, CLICK THE BATTLE ADVISOR ONCE THE BATTLE BEGINS
    - Druids available at all lvl3 Temples for Gauls
    - Naked Fanatics changed to Gaesatae and now available only to Gaul as a mercenary unit. No other factions can hire them.
    - Around 14 new units for the Gauls total.

New Gallic Roster

I know the features list is sort of small, but the Gallic Roster is a lot larger and more complex, and it took a lot of time to make it.

Here is a look at the Gallic Roster in Detail:
    GOVERNMENT

Tier1 - Warband & Gallic Levies

BARRACKS

Tier1 - Spear Warband & Sword Warband
    Tier2 - Spearmen & Swordsmen

Tier3 - Veteran Spearmen & Veteran Swordsmen
    Tier4 - Chosen Spearmen & Chosen Swordsmen
    Tier5 - Gallic Champions

RANGE

Tier2 - Slingers & Skirmisher Warband
    Tier3 - Archer Warband
    Tier4 - Forester Warband & Ballistas
    Tier5 - Onagers
    STABLES
    Tier2 - Gallic Light Cavalry
    Tier3 - Gallic Cavalry
    Tier4 - Gallic Heavy Cavalry

Tier5 - Gallic Noble Cavalry

Again, the main credits go to Lanjane for helping me create the roster on paper and then edit/make all the units and graphics. Other credits go to: Macedon Expansion, Barbarians Revenge, Rise of Empire, Extended Greek Mod and Extended Cultures Mod.

Download

For more visuals, check out the screenshots area on my moddb page!
    Last edited by ahowl11; September 25, 2018 at 04:40 PM.

Default Re: ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod v3 - Gallic Pride

Congratz with the release!!!!

Congrats on the release man! Keep up the great work!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Well done laddie, I've given it a test run for several turns and it's looking good and beginning to take it's new shape, massive improvement to the Egyptians & Gauls, waiting to see what you do with the Britons & Dacian's, what's not to like?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 04, 2018 at 07:59 PM. Reason: typos
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Looking good man! Looks to be turning into a really well done mod
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

Wonderful. This has become one of my favorite projects to follow for RTW.

Centenarius

Good work! i'm curious to see how the other factions will evolve in the future.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

I can't wait for the Dacians,Germans and Britons !!! Keep it up !!

everything is looking great and wonderful so far, keep it up! can't wait for the next updates!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast