Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Warhammer - BOTET · Alternative Cut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Call Of Warhammer - BOTET · Alternative Cut

I worked on this secret project for a few months with the help of Whiff overseeing the project and Ryu from the Discord digging in all the official lore sources available along Games Workshop existence. It's an alternative version of BoTET, with the Empire unified as a faction, adding a bunch of new factions, units, heroes...

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/6Ra2WnE

The factions available in this version are: Bretonnia, Kislev, Empire, Vampire Coast, Amazons, Halflings, City-States of Tilea, Kingdoms of Estalia, Sultanate of Araby, Beastmen, Clan Pestilens, Marienburg, Dukedom of Mousillon, Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos, Norse, Black Orcs, Orcs & Goblins, Undead Legions, Chaos Dwarfs, Skaven, Savage Orcs, Night Goblins, Ogre Kingdoms, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Lizardmen and Dwarfs.

Last edited by kallaikoi; March 15, 2020 at 09:51 AM.

Default Re: Call Of Warhammer - BOTET · Alternative Cut

{edited}
    Last edited by kallaikoi; August 18, 2018 at 06:40 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Wow! This is awesome and exactly what I've been waiting for!

Interesting addition. Thanks for trouble.

Is this your preferable version of COW, or you just wanted to add additional experience and option to it?

Could you please uploaded somewhere else, or use the torrent? Megaupload allows only 1.4 GB to be downloaded.
    Last edited by Mr. Blob; August 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM.

Lizardmen heroes do not have assets in place. They are just in the battle model database as entry. This causes crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Lizardmen heroes do not have assets in place. They are just in the battle model database as entry. This causes crashes.
    Good catch, the people working in the mod already fixed that.

Could you please upload them, lizardmen hero models only, of course. I am working on your COW cut too. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Could you please upload them, lizardmen hero models only, of course. I am working on your COW cut too. Thanks in advance.
    I threw the files in the Discord channel I pointed out in the first post. Anyway you should meet these individuals, they are making the project advance steadily and all together could make it even faster. They are not a team, just some people that started working out the Alt-Cut together these days with the goal to make it playable and upload it publicly soon. The more hands the better. I'm personally helping them with whatever they need like those files.
    Last edited by kallaikoi; August 18, 2018 at 07:03 PM.

Any chance this is being finished? I know the team are throwing themselves into Dragon Age Total War, still... I figured I'd ask anyway.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Any chance this is being finished? I know the team are throwing themselves into Dragon Age Total War, still... I figured I'd ask anyway.
    Kalla and the other Alt-Cut Developers are not affiliated with Dragon Age Total War, but I'm helping these guys out with advice and models here and there when I want to take a break from DATW modding. :-)
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Hello, everyone, what's up? I'm new here. This looks pretty cool. Wishing to download & test it already, also i'll make the spanish translation, in case that it's necessary.

I just watched a vid, where Mayor the Glorious (the spanish youtuber "mayorcete gamming" or "MundoWarhammer") will be a char in Estalia's faction from this mod, that was so funny & fits perfect. About his char, i would suggest some changes:
    1- Change "Religious" by "Sigmar is My Lord" & modify the description from the trait to: This man is a proud devote to Sigmar. The people who follows him know it & his enemies fear & respect him by that.
    2- Change "Mathemathic" by "Siege Master" & this would be the description: This man perfectly knows everything about how to face a siege. +2 to the Command attacking or defending the walls, +30 points to building, +15% of trade.
    3- Maybe he would fit better in a regiment of Swordsmen or in a Guard of the Sun than one of Blunderbussers.

Firstly, apologize for a bit of spam, but i can't edit my last message & i need cause there was something wrong to correct, which is about point 1:

Quote Originally Posted by Garnash View Post
    1- Change "Religious" by "Sigmar is My Lord" & modify the description from the trait to: This man is a proud devote to Sigmar. The people who follows him know it & his enemies fear & respect him by that.
    In Estalia, the religion is about the goddess Myrmidia or the Cult of Solkan, so, knowing the youtuber, i think that would fit even better these new changes:
    1-Change "Religious" by "All by Myrmidia" & modify the description from the trait to: This man is a proud devote to Mirmydia, the goddess of the wise strategy & the justice fury from the sword. The people who follows Mayor know it & whorships him, his enemies fear & respect him by that. +3 to piety

PS: If some admin can, could edit my first message, editing/adding the new changes for point 1 & delete this reply after done? Thank you, if this is the case.

Garnash, unfortunately development of this submod has ceased. Furthermore, regarding your ability to edit posts, you will be able to do so once you've posted a certain number of times. Keep contributing to the TWC like the way you are and I'm sure you'll be able to edit your posts in no time!

Cheers,
    isa0005.

EDIT: Perhaps the admins should lock the thread and give a note that development of this mod has stopped perhaps?

Garnash, unfortunately development of this submod has ceased. Furthermore, regarding your ability to edit posts, you will be able to do so once you've posted a certain number of times. Keep contributing to the TWC like the way you are and I'm sure you'll be able to edit your posts in no time!

Cheers,
    isa0005.

EDIT: Perhaps the admins should lock the thread and give a note that development of this mod has stopped perhaps?
    I just heard about this submod from the youtuber Mayorcete a few days that devs told him they were trying to balance the units before the final release & now you say that it's ceased. How bad & sad to know it. Anyways, thank so much for the news

I get my information directly from the Devs on their discord. They're focusing on a new mod Dragon Age Total War. They might return to this when its finished.

I get my information directly from the Devs on their discord. They're focusing on a new mod Dragon Age Total War. They might return to this when its finished.
    Yep, i got the info too. Thanks anyways

It's still in development, NouH helped a lot with the balance lately. I just didn't have time for it, still job to be done. More info and any potential new Beta on the Discord.

This looks awesome. Perhaps a dumb question, but is there any link to download this Alternative Cut (besides discord)? Happy New Year to all, btw !

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    This looks awesome. Perhaps a dumb question, but is there any link to download this Alternative Cut (besides discord)? Happy New Year to all, btw !
    I want to download it, cause discord really doesn't work fine for me, so, while the mod is still in developing, although i would love that they upload on mega too, we probably have to wait.

PS: Happy new year to you too & the rest of the community ^_^, yep, i know a bit delayed from my part, sorry xD.

The download in the Discord channel is a Google Drive of 6.2GB, it take me 10 mins to complete, more than 45 mins to extract 18.5GB, just as many other mods for kingdoms, no trouble there.
    Great mod, the Vampire Coast, Amazons and Araby are a must play, but my favorite are the wicked Halflings!
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast