Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Warhammer - BOTET · Alternative Cut

Default Re: Call Of Warhammer - BOTET · Alternative Cut

Well, Garnash, get to moddin then xD

Reeeeaaaally cool Mod, I love it.

Halflings are their own Faction?! But Why? Instead of Border Princes and the like? Weird choice, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Well, Garnash, get to moddin then xD
    I needn't to do that, it was just a suggestion about how really should be look like those specific cities at least, if the Alternative Cut's team doesn't do it, i'll just use the same look from the older Botet then.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Reeeeaaaally cool Mod, I love it.

Halflings are their own Faction?! But Why? Instead of Border Princes and the like? Weird choice, I think.

Probably is based on the formed alliances in the BOTET, where the Halflings are. These are the alliances in BOTET, what i know:

Doom's Forces:
    Beastmen, Chaos Dwarfs, Daemons of Chaos, Dark Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos.

Order's Forces:
    Albion, Amazons, Araby, Bretonnia, Cathay, Dwarfs, Empire, Estalia, Halflings, High Elves, Ind, Kislev, Lizardmen, Nippon & Wood Elves.

Gaia or Non-Alligned Forces:
    Dogs of War, Fimir, Hobgoblins, Norse, Ogre Kingdoms, Vampire's Coast & Tomb Kings.

You can watch it here too (on top, click on the Army Book's panel, 9th edition, you'll see the armies's distribution)->http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Garnash View Post
    These are the alliances in BOTET, what i know:

Doom's Forces:
    Beastmen, Chaos Dwarfs, Daemons of Chaos, Dark Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos.

Order's Forces:
    Albion, Amazons, Araby, Bretonnia, Cathay, Dwarfs, Empire, Estalia, Halflings, High Elves, Ind, Kislev, Lizardmen, Nippon & Wood Elves.

Gaia or Non-Alligned Forces:
    Dogs of War, Fimir, Hobgoblins, Norse, Ogre Kingdoms, Vampire's Coast & Tomb Kings.

You can watch it here too (on top, click on the Army Book's panel, 9th edition, you'll see the armies's distribution)->http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.com/
    Beard Brotherhood:
    Beastmen, Chaos Dwarfs, Dwarfs, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Norsca

Beardless Entente:
    High Elves, Orcs, Dark Elves, Lizardmen Wood Elves, Fimir, Vampire Counts, Amazons, Daemons, Hung

Axis of Mustaches:
    Kislev, Ind, Empire, Bretonnia, Ogre Kingdoms, Cathay, Dogs of War, Estalia, Tilea, Khuresh, Kurgan

Federation of False Facial Hair:
    Tomb Kings, Orcs with Chin Squigs

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Beard Brotherhood:
    Beastmen, Chaos Dwarfs, Dwarfs, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Norsca

Beardless Entente:
    High Elves, Orcs, Dark Elves, Lizardmen Wood Elves, Fimir, Vampire Counts, Amazons, Daemons, Hung

Axis of Mustaches:
    Kislev, Ind, Empire, Bretonnia, Ogre Kingdoms, Cathay, Dogs of War, Estalia, Tilea, Khuresh, Kurgan

Federation of False Facial Hair:
    Tomb Kings, Orcs with Chin Squigs
    Love the names of the groups xD.

Looking by what factions have in the mod, what do you think about this?

Order Forces:
    Allies: Bretonnia, Kislev, Empire, Halflings, Tilea, Estalia, Araby, Marienburg.
    Enemies: Chaos, Death & Destruction.
    Neutral: Gaia.

Gaia Forces:
    Allies: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Amazons, Dark Elves, High Elves, Dwarfs.
    Enemies: Chaos, Death & Destruction.
    Neutral: Order.

Chaos Forces:
    Allies: Beastmen, Pestilens, Daemons, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Dwarfs, Skaven.
    Enemies: Order, Gaia & Death.
    Neutral: -

Death Forces:
    Allies: Vampire Coast, Mousillon, Undead Legions, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings.
    Enemies: All.
    Neutral: -

Destruction Forces:
    Allies: Norsca, Black Orcs, Orcs & Goblins, Savage Orcs, Night Goblins, Ogre Kingdoms.
    Enemies: All.
    Allies: -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnash View Post
    Love the names of the groups xD.

Looking by what factions have in the mod, what do you think about this?
    Warhammer Fantasy's allies/enemies/neutral paradigms are very complex, kind of like real world countries. Like The Empire, Bretonnia, Kislev, Dwarfs, High Elves, Wood Elves, etc. all have a general preference for the world not being covered in Daemons, Greenskins, Undead, or Skaven, but beyond that, they're mostly not really close allies. For instance, The Empire has some loose and general treaties with Bretonnia, Kislev, Dwarfs, and High Elves, but in Total War terms they're like trade rights and non-aggression pacts, not military allies, or even defensive allies, and asking for military access would be a hard NO unless they were being killed. To go back to real world countries, it's like looking at Medieval Europe and seeing all the countries like England, France, Germany, Spain, etc. all joining the Crusades and Reconquista and such together, and taking that to mean they were all friends and would go into the same category as a united alliance, which...

For some of those other groupings, like putting Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts together under "Death", that's generally wrong, too. Most Tomb Kings HATE Vampire Counts and all servants of Nagash. Settra would never serve Nagash, and Khalida spends as much time as she can hunting every Vampire she can find. Nagash had several wars in Nehekhara, losing most of them eventually. He only ended up taking over all the Undead in The End Times because he was resurrected with god power and obliterated all Tomb Kings who wouldn't submit to his authority. Even within the Vampires, the different Bloodlines and kingdoms are generally independent from each other, and they don't all get along. Strigoi vampires are often hunted down and killed if any Lahmians or Von Carsteins find them near their lands. Mousillon, Sylvania, the Vampire Coast, Silver Pinnacle, Gashnag's petty kingdom in the Border Princes, Blood Keep, etc. are all independent from each other, and will happily go to war with each other, even. Basically, the Undead are only anywhere close to unified if Nagash is walking around forcing them to join him or die.

Then for some other factions, they'll mostly fight each other, but occasionally form temporary alliances to take on another enemy together. Skaven, Dark Elves, Greenskins, Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, Norscans, and especially Ogre Kingdoms all fall under this category. In fact, even within their own factions their forces are mostly alliances to benefit themselves and fight stronger enemies, with each individual in the armies trying to get ahead of their rivals, and their rivals are everybody else. So a Skaven forming an alliance with a Dark Elf to coordinate their forces to attack a Lizardman Temple-City together isn't much different to either of them as doing so with another Skaven or Dark Elf respectively, their main goals always are to try to betray everyone around them enough that they get ahead themselves without being betrayed and killed first.

And I don't know where the word Gaia is coming from, do you have a source for that? Dark Elves, High Elves, and Dwarfs being put together in an alliance is crazy, they're all super enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post

And I don't know where the word Gaia is coming from, do you have a source for that? Dark Elves, High Elves, and Dwarfs being put together in an alliance is crazy, they're all super enemies.
    In the End of Times, Tomb Kings & Legions of Nagash (Incarnate of Death) fight together, cause the Chaos is the End of everything known. In the Chaos Forces are Vlad, Isabella, Mannfred & Luthor Harkon, the Von Carstein have their own ambition.

Gaia means world, they fight by the world.

In the End of Times, Malekith (Incarnate of Shadow) becomes the new phoenix king with the help of Teclis (Loremaster of Hoeth), he marries with Alarielle (Incarnate of Life), so, he finally rules Ulthuan. In the Chaos side we have Tyrion (avatar of Khaine) & Morathi (avatar of Hekarti) . Tyrion, eventually, will die & be revived, becoming the Incarnate of Light.

Look the sides from last battle in BoTeT & you'll understand why i put them together:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Forces of Chaos
    • The Swords of Chaos
    • The Hordes of Chaos
    • The Bloodied Legion of Khorne
    • The Plague Hordes of Nurgle
    • The Daemonic Legions of Chaos
    • The Armies of Khaine
    • The Hordes of the Under-Empire
    • The Beasts of Chaos
    • Archaon, the Everchosen
    • Be'lakor the Dark Master
    • Seerlord Thanquol
    • Shadowlord Verminking
    • Festak Krann, Champion of the Rotting Horde
    • The Glottkin, Champions of Nurgle
    • Arbaal the Undefeated, Champion of Khorne
    • Dechala the Denied One, Champion of Slaanesh
    • Valnir the Reaper, Champion of Nurgle
    • Egrimm van Horstmann, Champion of Tzeentch
    • Aekold Helbrass, Conqueror of Kislev
    • Kordel Shorgaar
    • Sigvald the Magnificent, Champion of Slaanesh
    • Valkia, Gorequeen of Khorne
    • Vilitch the Curseling, Champion of Tzeentch
    • Mannfred von Carstein
    • Ku'gath Plaguefather
    • Dechala the Denied One
    • Morathi, Avatar of Hekarti
    • Tyrion, Avatar of Khaine
    • Vardek Crom the Conqueror

The Forces of the World
    • The Empire of Man
    • The Tsardom of Kislev
    • The Kingdom of Bretonnia
    • The Isles of Ulthuan
    • The Realm of Athel Loren
    • The Mountain Kingdom of Karaz Ankor
    • The City-States of Tilea
    • The Kingdoms of Estalia
    • The Empire of Lustria
    • The Undead Legions of Nagash
    • The Armies of the Tomb Kings
    • The Hordes of Waaagh Grimgor!
    • The Celestial Empire of Cathay
    • The Nation of Araby
    • The Kingdoms of Ind
    • The Kingdom of Nippon
    • Karl Franz, Incarnate of Heaven
    • Malekith, Incarnate of Shadow
    • Alarielle, Incarnate of Life
    • Nagash, Incarnate of Death
    • Balthazar Gelt, Incarnate of Metal
    • Tyrion, Incarnate of Light (revived)
    • Grimgor Ironhide, Incarnate of Beast
    • Caradryan, Incarnate of Fire
    • High King Thorgrim, Avatar of Grungni
    • Gotrek Gurnisson, Avatar of Grimnir
    • Araloth, Avatar of Asuryan
    • Aislinn, Avatar of Mathlann
    • Imrik, Avatar of Nethu
    • Daith, Avatar of Vaul
    • Orion, Avatar of Kurnous
    • Eldyra, Avatar of Ereth Khial
    • Martak, Avatar of Ulric
    • Slayer King Ironfist
    • Valten, Champion of Sigmar
    • Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir
    • Teclis, Loremaster of Hoeth
    • Katarin, Ice Queen
    • King Louen Leoncoeur
    • King Gilles le Breton
    • Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar
    • Grand Theogonist Volkmar
    • Arkhan the Black
    • King Settra the Imperishable
    • Neferata, Vampire Queen
    • Khalida, Queen of Lybaras
    • Tehenhauin, Prophet of Sotek
    • The Celestial Dragon-Emperor of Cathay

It's a f u c k i n g madness. Look the BoTeT Chrono ->End of Times Chrono

Parcial Chrono from BoTeT

Other source from BoTeT Chrono->End of Times

A suggestion:
    If i don't remember bad, i saw that the Bolt-throwers didn't do any damage to buildings, if i ain't wrong, i think that they should do 10 at least.

PS: I recommend to read the novels from BoTeT's period to understand the end of this age & the old warhammer, cause it will change everything. After that, the factions won't be the same never more in Sigmar's Era, at least, not as they were in the past, we'll have factions like the Idoneth Deepkin , and the Karadron Overlords look really badasses.
    Last edited by Garnash; May 12, 2019 at 01:01 AM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Does this version include any additional animation that is not in the original BOTET?

What are you plans to keep the large factions like Empire from dominating everything? I suppose the High Elves in the mainline BoTET could do the same, as could the Lizardmen and I think Dark Elves.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Domesticus

Hello!

Is there a released version of BOTET AC in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Hello!

Is there a released version of BOTET AC in 2019?
    Nop, still only is the beta in their discord.

There are one Update March 1.0!!
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Relentless Hunter 7's Avatar Libertus

So, guys, great work with the sub-mod so far. The only major issue I have until now, is that most factions have very elite and costly bodyguard units for their important lords at the beginning of the game (where you don't have a lot of source income btw). This, as a result, brings the treasury down VEEERY quickly in a matter of some turns. You'd have to disband all of your initial units, but even that might not be enough (I mean, Malekith's Black Dragons cost at least 3000 upkeep each turn - still a lot of money).
    And even if you chose the quick expansion route, you'll still be very low in cash and undeveloped by the time you have suicided your starting forces by attacking everywhere. I feel like the game as it is, forces you to play in a specific way because of that. And that's not good.

A more minor issue, would be with factions like the Vampire Coast for example. The roster as it is is very small and I expected a lot more units. But, on the other hand, I understand that this is still a beta so many things are to be added over time.

Which is the Alt-Cut discord channel? I think they delete the channel...How can we know the new updates about this submod? It's an amazing mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    Which is the Alt-Cut discord channel? I think they delete the channel...How can we know the new updates about this submod? It's an amazing mod
    Updated link to the "BOTET Community" new Discord server in the first post of this thread.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

This submod for BOTET looks really interesting as an alternative if you want to play some of the least known factions of Warhammer.

hi i liked the mod (especially Empire as one faction, and playable halflings) but I found the 'lore'/backstory for Araby disrespectful and kinda mocking/taking cheap shots at my faith. So was disappointed to find out that Games Workshop made up lore like that.

(and also i found out about the whole crusading lore against Araby by other factions, seemed to stick out, and kinda feels dehumanizing when I see even in games ppl always fantasizing about going on crusades and slayin us easterners.

I didnt mind so much the generic fantasy idea of an mid eastern type faction, however i would have liked it if they made it without the religious/prophet and arab based angle and went for something more mythical like disneys agrabah/prince of persia/1001 nights or some other fictional story setting

(on a side note i even noticed with the third age lotr mod the 'evil' east factions had arab type sounding names).. sadface..
    I just like fantasy though. Anyway I hope u can understand where im coming from, im not trying to troll or hate on your mod , I like playing order factions on normal botet, i have found it fun , also i was wondering seeing as its an 'alternative cut, would cathay, ind, nippon be added on a world map in any future update? i like samurai and terracotta soldiers seem cool

Also I was thinking an anime fantasy game would be kind of cool (different factions from different fantasy anime games or tv shows) too (like shining force!!) but thats a seperate thing not relevant to this lol (i thought i would put it out there anyway as it came to mind and some modder might like the idea ))..

Amazing job, may I know when will the edition with Cathay be released?

God, there's no one around!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Cathay View Post
    Amazing job, may I know when will the edition with Cathay be released?
    They've said that they do not have release dates. It's released whenever it's ready.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast