Thread: Agents

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Default Agents

So, how do they work now ? Does anyone know ? I've been looking in this and the official forum and there's no mention of them - apparently everyone but me knows exactly what they're doing ...

I get that they have to earn their abilities now, not a bad idea ( although I'd bet the AI is unable to use them properly ) - but what do you need to get ?
    ie. I can get the skill increase to casualties when poisoning the water supplies, but I still cannot actually poison water supplies - 50 turns in a new campaign and I can still only "reconnoitre" a settlement.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Agents

the risk of failure is higher and the outcome is is less significant compared to vanilla. I use them mostly passively as each kind of them has good passive application.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Earn abilities . How ?
    What they do ?
    Where did you find any clue ?

I found just that - Fixed agent "Chieftain" label being mispelled
    Even managed to crash PFM with agent action tables.
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    Earn abilities . How ?
    What they do ?
    Where did you find any clue ?

I found just that - Fixed agent "Chieftain" label being mispelled
    There is a button for every agent called smth like "start deploying" when u press ot they stay where they are and do continuously some actions depending on the type of agent. for isnt. a spy reveal invisible units, incready security against other agents' actions, a governor increases cultural influence and gives bonuses to public order and taxation (may vary for different recruits). Veterans I mostly put into an army for they give xp to the troops (altho they also can be deployes in the se way).
    Anyways, by doing this they all gain xp, and then u can upgrade their abilities ( both active and passive).
    Hence, in time they get more and more influential for ur campaign.

Agents should mostly work however they work in vanilla. Other than some of their actions being nerfed a bit in terms of outcome, they should have the same actions that they have in vanilla. Some now have to be unlocked via skills, which you can see when hovering over the skill selections.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Agents should mostly work however they work in vanilla. Other than some of their actions being nerfed a bit in terms of outcome, they should have the same actions that they have in vanilla. Some now have to be unlocked via skills, which you can see when hovering over the skill selections.
    did u touch the probabilities? cuz it seems failures accure way too often.

There is nothing on Wiki.
    Authority is the thing for spy ?

Persuasion

Your spy will attempt to use strength of character to persuade the target character to act in your faction’s favour. Their level of authority, along with the zeal of the target character, influences the success of this action. Authority can be increased through skills, character traits, and household members or objects.

Temptation

Trickery can be a powerful weapon. Your spy uses authority to tempt their target to act in your faction’s favour. This authority, along with the zeal of the target character, determines the success of this action. Authority can be increased via skills, character traits, and any household members and objects they may have.

Coercion

The threat of brutal violence can be persuasive when attempting to influence a vulnerable target. Coercion depends on your spy’s level of zeal, along with the cunning of the target character. Zeal can be increased through the acquisition of skills, character traits, and household members or objects.

My spy is a food basket ?
    I have +3 food

Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post

My spy is a food basket ?
    I have +3 food

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [emoji38][emoji1]
    give me a break 🤣

Yes they steal food. +3 food

What do you need unlock to defect target ?
    Can hover only over Steal , Assassinate , Reduce . Steal - how much ? You can't sell - pet snake

Farm is costing more maybe I will have use for that mobile farm.

Do they still make suicide if you imperium do not support them ? I need 4 of them to feed my empire.

60 unrest - good I don't need armies. How much Ai cheats on happiness ?
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 08:23 PM.

Here is the guide.

Use Spy for Rebellion, Food and Stealing ( I hope that is more money back than it cost) if you have free one. Not sure what zeal ones are good for - they will die quick (save scum). Extra movement ?(use port for double movement)

Dignitary - no guide for them is needed. I like blue/green ones but red ones (zeal) are really useful in early game. They can convert, yeak (do not pick that - rebellion is nice thing for public order) but they can research better. Pro tip - research is growth , everything you have including generals should research and kill corruption. You don't need traits to win battle and night commander is cheat.

Champion. If you screw the map use them to replenish your troops. Free ones . Put them in the army until they die. They can kill from start so you don't need spy anymore. Pick traits randomly because they are always OverPowered or play like man without them. if you need them to train your troops just start on harder difficulty

Hardcore users . Replenish is crap and your champions can replenish double ( I wonder how?). Other agents - you will not have money for them anyway and rebellion is sure thing - why to waste money ? Food ?

Edit . My Dignitary is ugly and I m broke. In what fantasy He can seduce ?
    My spy need more AA but it is GIRL. I m ready to spend money to have more girls on map. Seduced ?

Edit 2
    My Dignitary seduced another Dignitary. Love on first sight (2% chance). I have +3 growth with my Spy Girl and I m loosing 1000 people per season per province. Everybody is 100 % happy after rebellion. I killed elephants with stones . My General can kill 500 per battle or die from stone

Edit 3
    Managed to lose half of population. 20,000 per province (60000+ excluding slaves) in few turns and everybody is 100% happy

I m having even bigger growth +4 . Why they died ? Killed my own general by friendly stone and I will decimate my slingers. Or not - they can kill elephants
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 09:44 PM.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    So, how do they work now ? Does anyone know ? I've been looking in this and the official forum and there's no mention of them - apparently everyone but me knows exactly what they're doing ...

I get that they have to earn their abilities now, not a bad idea ( although I'd bet the AI is unable to use them properly ) - but what do you need to get ?
    ie. I can get the skill increase to casualties when poisoning the water supplies, but I still cannot actually poison water supplies - 50 turns in a new campaign and I can still only "reconnoitre" a settlement.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
    You're not the only one! I got in a fair way and still couldn’t poison armies or garrisons, which apart from scouting is my main reason for investing time and effort into spies!

Poison is always nerfed in DeI. Killed 6 guys - never picked that again. Assassinate vs generals is always nerfed. Assassinate on spy is risky - you can loose that +3 food
    Authority based spy can be used on map. But can't remember when was useful. In mid game they could distract big factions to move their armies away from you (when they level up)
    Spy need defense so cunning is their base. They are useful in unrest

Champion is the same - duel or whatever is nerfed. They are for buffing your main army and it looks like they are far better to eliminate other agents . Unrest slaves works in tandem with spy. Never had one so this is theory.

Dignitary -defect is crit. and you will try to fetch another dignitary. Will not work -risk is to high.

In DeI cool stuff from vanilla is nerfed . If you pick cool stuff final result is dismiss that agents and build passive better ones. Rule of thumb any action against army, garrison or general is waste of time. You can slow/stop targets if it helps . If you put any of them in your army you are untouchable.

Deploy them and forget about them. Move spy to fetch trade then deploy it for food on enemy territory .

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for the comments - so is it possible to get the "Poison the water supplies" skill again or is that one just gone ?

Mass poisoning is there. But Settlement sabotage is authority based . It gives just recon. >No other option is listed
    You can wreck baggage train on enemy army.
    Assassinate is listed.

Agent actions are limited. Did not get Poison the water supplies as option. I edited my spy with save manager to max and beyond level

It is up to Dresden to change Agent action tables or it is bugged (if such actions do exist in vanilla)

Destroy ammunition is Authority based. On zeal path
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 12, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Thanks Sonny! Just a shame it's changed, it was there the other day!

I think we use all currently vanilla actions and I dont know if adding new ones or the old ones back in is possible.

Most of it make no sense - you can raise something and cant perform it. Is it moved to crit chance ? Mass poisoning for example ?

Noticed that chances for crit are very low . Difference must be huge. Crit improving perks could be useful. Should test crits but eventually someone will know what half of perks actually do. Ones without action but with chance .

Some of our skills probably have old effects that need to be removed or changed.