Thread: 2018 Hotseat Awards Rules and Discussion

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default 2018 Hotseat Awards Rules and Discussion

2018 TWC Hotseat Awards

It is time for the 6th annual TWC hotseat awards! This year, all awards will encompass all sections.

The Award Categories

Most Feared Commander
    Who makes everyone tremble with fear when they face him in hotseats? Who is the best player?

Most Chivalrous Commander
    Who always keeps his promises and alliances? Who would rather die then betray his ally?

Most Devious Commander
    Who is the greatest betrayer? Who would do everything to win, including betraying his closest allies?

Most Promising Player
    Who is the best new guy? Who was holding his own against veterans in his first hotseats? Who can even give the most experienced hotseaters a beating?

Best Roleplayer
    Who brings the most realism?

Best Diplomat
    Who is the best at winning with the quill rather than the sword? Who can convince even his worst enemy to help him?

Best Hotseat Admin
    Who is the best administrator?

Best Signature
    Who brings the best bling to every game they play?

How it works

Each player can nominate three other players for each category.
    Use each respective thread for each category for posting your nominations, polls will be added at a later time once nominations are tallied.
    You can nominate the same player for different awards, but you cannot nominate yourself.
    A player must receive 3 nominations to be included in the voting phase. Exceptions may be made depending on overall number of nominations, at the discretion of gaming staff.

Nominations shall be open for a period of one week, with a voting period of one week to follow.

Prizes

Winners shall receive an awesome signature created by Lifthrasir and will get +50 rep.
    Runner ups will receive +25 and +10 reputation respectively.

Some things to remembber:

You can only nominate players who have played in a hotseat in one of the sections in the last 6 months.
    Remember that it is not allowed to create new accounts and vote on yourself, if we detect this then you will be banned from the entire hotseat area forever.
    All players from all sections may participate.

Have fun and may the most worthy contenders win!

Award
    Rules and Regulation
    1: No self-nomination/voting. Self-votes/nominations will be discarded from the results.
    2: No creating secondary accounts to vote. We can and will detect this and act accordingly.
    3: Members that win a category will receive reputation (+Signature) and an additional 25 in the event of winning multiple categories.
    4: The reputation from the 'Best Signature' category will be split evenly between the signature holder and it's original creator.
    5: The ruling of respective Gaming Staff on any matter related to the awards is final. If you've any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Gaming Staff counsels civility. We allow (unlike many TWC site awards) expression of opinion on categories and/or reasons for ones decision but will not tolerate uncivil or outright insulting and/or demeaning behaviour. This freedom to discuss is a privilege that few if any Twc awards offer and is something that can and will be taken away if abused.
    Last edited by Hader; August 24, 2018 at 07:03 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: 2018 Hotseat Awards Rules and Discussion

Glad to see that the awards are up

However, I believe we are missing (two) special requirements/rules for The Most Promising Player? Specifically only those that joined their first hotseat (on TWC) during the last season should be eligible, as otherwise anyone can be nominated. And in this category it should be extended for the full year (= since the last awards) as otherwise we are just unjustly excluding half of all the newbloods who joined the community in the wrong part of the year...
    Last edited by Jadli; August 24, 2018 at 07:53 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Good luck to all!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

As it looks that I will make some more stuff here, I guess that these awards are for the General Category, right? Also if there's a specific theme to be respected for the sigs, just let me know

Btw, good luck to all competitors
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

This year we're doing them cross-sectioned
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Tell me the truth: you do enjoy giving me hard time with these sigs, don't you?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can someone explain the best Signature award? I'm not really sure I get the point of it, and it runs into the added cycle of winning the sig award based on a sig you earned from a previous hotseat award.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Tell me the truth: you do enjoy giving me hard time with these sigs, don't you?
    Well, perhaps the winners could pick what theme (westeros, tatw, tes, historical, etc) they want themselves

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Can someone explain the best Signature award? I'm not really sure I get the point of it, and it runs into the added cycle of winning the sig award based on a sig you earned from a previous hotseat award.
    You can also get signatures from winning a hotseat, self made and so on...

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm still not sure what a signature has to do with hotseating though is the main point.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Blog Entries

I feel my signatures connection to Hotseating is pretty obvious
    and Peaman

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Votes are being tallied, the voting phase shall begin as soon as they are done and polls ready.

Ah, thought I had missed this - going to be fun observing this one.

I wonder if they still remember me, or who I've got to kill.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I wonder if they still remember me, or who I've got to kill.
    We do.
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    We do.

This man is dead
    He is no more
    He died a little each day
    Like a thief, the Chateau D’If has stolen him away
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Blog Entries

Voting phase is now live

Blog Entries

Voting is done, we'll tally the results and have everything wrapped up shortly

Blog Entries

cedric37, my fellow partner in the Art Staff, has made a draft for the winners' sigs that can be seen here. So, if you guys are happy with that, I can ask him to carry on once the results are published.

If not, cedric37 and I are open to suggestions

Blog Entries

I have already expressed my admiration for them in his workshop thread, I'm very happy with that
    and Peaman

Will be fun follow

Blog Entries

One final vote lies ahead before all results are posted, a tiebreaker for most feared commander can be found here