Thread: BGR for SSHIP?

Icon5 BGR for SSHIP?

First thanks for the great work on this mod, I reinstalled SS to check it out, but I have to admit I have a soft spot for BGR, I almost cant play Medieval 2 without it, so I have to ask if there is a BGR version compatible with this mod? is there any demand for BGR to be included? it could be BGR IV, V or even III, Im not picky.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 29, 2022 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Categorisation after moving to a subforum.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: BGR for SSHIP?

BGR is not included in SSHIP and is not compatible (or doesn't work).
    As Byg is not active anymore and as a permission has to be granted to be able to use BGR in another mod/submod, I'm afraid that it won't be implemented.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

As far as I know byg already gave permission to include his mod in other mods and even uploaded a guide on how to do it, and since this is not a separate mod but is part of SS I highly doubt it would ever be a problem, else why would be upload a guide specifically for that?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

BGRIII is partially included in SS6.4.
    In the BGR forum (and unless I'm mistaken) Byg has specified that any use of his work needs his permission.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've been an avid player of the BGR for years. I've perceived it as the pinnacle of historical moding: what can you represent with the tools provided by the Medieval 2 engine. However, I've recently played the Titanium with BGR_IVE and some new thoughts concerning the BGR and the SSHIP popped to my mind. My new opinion is presented below. In general, I think that the SSHIP does the trick of providing an immersive experience better than the BGR does. Some insights concerning particular modifications:

Centralization of the system of political power: generals are losing their skills (Loyalty, Piety, Command) as the kingdom grows (more precisely: the number of settlements). This makes the game more challenging for the player for longer time because it counters the snow-ball effect. I'm not so happy with this solution, it removes some positive emotions of the player: as a result of your successes, your generals are getting worse and worse. Not good game-desing-wise. I think the anti-snowball could be implemented in a simpler yet more sophisticated way. In particular, the Loyalty mechanism should prevent it: read this thread describing the solutions that are partly implemented in the SSHIP. Unfortunately, much more work is needed for a full implementation of this vision, especially balancing of the frequency of traits appearing.

Army Field Morale: I think this mechanism is a bit redundant because the experienced BGR-player rarely gets on very long expeditions. Yes, a casual player would go for a conquest spree spending many turns in the field - and this system does constrain such behavior. But such players don't pick the BGR, they play simpler mods. For the others it’s a rather cumbersome system as you need to check traits very often just to learn if a general has not crossed the limit of being in the field (eg. traveling between settlements). The same situation concerns the supply system. I think it's better to have a simpler version that produces similar outcomes: easier to grasp, more intuitive to play. The SSHIP 0.97 has a more straightforward system implemented (description of the system here). I hope it'll find a sweet spot: realistic but easy to grasp for the player.

Supply System
    – the BGR one requires the player to check traits each general very often and to make tricks to avoid consequences. A supply system that simply takes some money out of treasury (scaling with the size of the forces, perhaps exponentially) seems to me a better one: the player just know that sending an army is costly (I've made an argument for this in this entry) but won't spend much time in tracking the numbers. This was present already in the SSHIP 092 (even if only for the siege costs). One of the tmodelsk sumbmod options also introduces costs for campaigning. The SSHIP 0.97 a system of significant supply costs that can be lowered by skills of the general and his staff (ancillaries). The player is fully informed about system and costs: with a few pop-out windows describing the systems and messages popping out each time a general starts incurring the supply costs and traits that constantly indicate how high they are, shall the player wish to update himself.

Limitation on the foreign expedition as the faction growth (War Councilors' system)
    – it kills the role-playing with the generals that are not WC (so all beyond number 4: FL and 3 WCs). In big faction you simply disregards any other general than FL/FH. A more flexible system is better, IMO. In the SSHIP from the version 0.96 on, there is a "ministerial office system" (ancillaries available in limited number, depending on the buildings available to the faction and stage of the game). The aim is thus achieved through lower Loyalty and high costs of foreign expedition (the supply costs mentioned above) if there's no right general. I.e. the player can send any general but if this is a low-loyalty he'd rebel on the way, if he doesn't have LogisticalSkill (or equivalent) he'll incur huge costs on treasury, and if he's a BadCommander the troops will lose morale very fast.

Additional costs:

• Recruitment prices: it's not so easy to foresee the additional costs, the player has to count each time what he's going to pay (add: for a unit, for cavalry, for elites etc.). It's cumbersome, it'd be better to simply adjust the upfront prices of the units. SSHIP: units are more expensive, with the elites much more. The structure of the costs (upkeep-recruitment ratio, prices of elites - militia etc.) are more logical. No hidden costs - the player just pays what he sees.
    • General’s wealth system – way too cumbersome, you need to check traits and count everytime if there's a risk of default, you need to make tricks to avoid bankruptcy etc. SSHIP: no such system.
    • One-time financial outlays at Coming of Age, marriages, refill of baggage wagon – these are good mechanisms as that bolster up the worth of any existing general. It makes the player more careful about generals (eg. not sending them to a sure death just because he's got one nasty trait) as new ones will incur costs. These are simple, easy to grasp for the player and transparent measures: you know what’s going on and you don’t need to scan through the traits every time. SSHIP: costs for new generals (CoA, recruited, married, adopted) introduced, and also for marriages. Clear messages (either through historical info or through the traits) are also there for the player to get his bearings.
    • Scutage / taxing the nobles – no needed. You give money with one hand and takes it away with the other. The sum is usually 0. Why to bother? It' historical only for England in 12th century and after, but, afaik, not for the whole Medieval world. SSHIP: no such a system.
    • Crusade / jihad costs – they’re simple and make a decision to go on a long crusade voyage costly. It conveys the historical problem: any crusade would drain the resources out of Europe (while providing for potential some benefits if the crusade is successful). It's good for the gameplay as it creates a real decision-situation for the player: would you risk bad relations with the pope or lose money? Or maybe you need higher authority for the king? SSHIP: additional costs introduced with clear information for the player.
    • Inflation related to the faction size – it’s welcome as it limits the snow-ball effect of big or advanced empire. However, I think it's better to do through exponential costs of garrisons to keep the far-away cities under control or through a normal M2TW mechanism of corruption in those cities. In the SSHIP 097 there's a mechanism providing a similar effect: the costs of having a crown.

Recrutiment limitations:

• WarCouncil / Professional Training Staff system – very cumbersome: you need to check which general has it, transfer it from one to another etc. Furthermore, there're two ancillaries fulfiling similar functions. And WarCouncillor may even be only a trait (for the FL, the junior one), not an ancillary. You need to check and get your bearings all the time. Very complicated while it should be intuitive and simple. SSHIP: not introduced but the aims (lower availability of elite troops, recruitment only by some trusted generals) is achieved through other means: the re-fill of the recruitment pools of the elite units is much slower, some ministerial offices have big discounts on the prices that make only some generals good as recruiters.
    • Only 3/4 places to recruit in a big faction (as there’re 3/4 PTS), with castles having higher requirements (both PTS and WC) – too much of artificial limitation. In the game it should be natural. In the SSHIP this is simply through the availability of the castles as the player has much incentives to re-built castles to be money-making cities. Besides, it forces the player to use most of the time crappy units what kills the game experience. It's better done in the SSHIP - through elite troops low regeneration of pools and very (high) prices for the best units. I think the SSHIP solution gives such a choice as, eg., feudal heavy cav is 4-times more expensive than a decent infantry.
    • Religion requirements – good for the gameplay as the player needs to take care of the situation in his provinces. I think it should be done for the "factional" units but not for all units. I don't think the "religious" units should have such limitations (as it's now in the SSHIP).

Smaller issues:

• Cohesive Fighting Unit – it negates the role of a good if not successful fight. Thus while it may be impact well on the AI performance, it's bad for the player experience (he'd think "why should I play this battle well if the AI will regenerate all the losses?). At the minimum, it should be much lower than 70% (eg. 30%). SSHIP: not implemented: good fight and incurring losses on the enemy are always rewarded for the player. However, the AI generals have a few special traits that increase the changes of regeneration.
    • Over Confidence Trait – the incentive for the player to actually fight the battles should be positive, not negative. Eg. the player should chose to fight manually because he want a good trait for his general, not fearing a bad one. SSHIP: many, many triggers for good traits and ancillaries for fighting as underdog. The opposite is almost entirely not rewarded.
    • Crime&Punishment – I’ve failed to see how the system is either improving the gameplay or adds much to the historical flavour. Furthermore, it's perhaps not historical in (most?) of the places and times. Very cumbersome to manage by the player - one needs to check traits very often. SSHIP: not implemented.

All in all, I think the SSHIP (perhaps with a few tmodelsk tweaks) provides a better gameplay experience. If somebody is interested in the matter, I've written a review of the SSHIP, it's still relevant.

JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 19, 2023 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Info on what's available in the SSHIP 096+patches
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Limitation on the foreign expedition as the faction growth (WarCouncillor system) – it kills the role-playing with the other generals. In big faction you simply disregards any other general than FL/FH. A more flexible system is better, and now it is in the 0.9.6 with some of the "high offices".

• Cohesive Fighting Unit – it negates the role of a good if not successful fight. Thus while it may be impact well on the AI performance, it's bad for the player experience (he'd think "why should I play this battle well if the AI will regenerate all the losses?). At the minimum, it should be much lower than 70% (eg. 30%).
    • Over Confidence Trait – the incentive for the player to actually fight the battles should be positive, not negative. Eg. the player should chose to fight manually because he want a good trait for his general, not fearing a bad one.
    Some explanation how the SSHIP will achieve these goals without the BGR complexity:
    - the traits needed for a good general (eg. Chivalry to be able to make the the settlements grow) will be awarded only if the player choses to fight manually and with inferior numbers. Also lost battles may provide good traits if they're fought with inferior strenght. I've already modified some triggers in this way, and I'll continue.
    - conquering a settlement (ideally: each one) will grant a title "Conqueror" providing -1 Loyalty (besides +1 Authority and +1 Popularity). That means that the player will rather try to make conquests with the Factions Leader - as Byg wanted it to be. Otherwised, a few conquered settlements and the general has 0 Loyalty and rebels. Or the general turns into usurper (due to high Authority).
    - the player can give a Ministerial office and a Provincial Title for the general that is supposed to conduct military operations.

Actually, the Army Field Morales is in the SSHIP: if you stay longer in the enemy lands, you'll lose morale.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 27, 2020 at 10:41 AM.

Furthering the topic, the Army Field Morale system that will be included in the SSHIP in the next version is below.

In the current version of the SSHIP, there is a similar system but simpler and it concerns all difficulties. It lowers the morale while abroad and makes it higher while at home.

Description:

Army morale system[note that this system works only at the Very Hard campaign difficulty]
    Each general has a trait describing current state of morale of troops under his command. If they have been in the homelands for some time, they’re likely to be Ready for Action. If the general is a Good Commander or Inspiring Speaker, they may even be Eager To Fight. In both cases they will have good morale in battles.
    Once the army moves, it will lose morale after a few turns of marching and the troops will became Weary. It happens faster if they’re in enemy lands or at the sea, or they conduct a siege, or they lead by a Bad Commander. If they do campaign for very long time, they will became Despondent, Undisciplined and even Mutinous. It will result in lower morale in battles and slower movement on the campaign map. The general will also (temporarily) lose Loyalty and Command.
    Anyway, for the troops to recover their morale, the army has to come back to the homelands and rest a bit, preferably in a settlement. Alternatively, it may fight ferociously stronger enemies – the victories will buoy up the spirit of every soldier!

The trait
    Code:
    ;=========================================================================================;----- Army Campaign Morale -----------------------------
    ;--------------------------------------------------------
    ;--- levels(points): 1(4),2(8), 3(12), 4(16),5(20),6(24),7(28),8(32),9(36)

;------------------------------------------
    Trait ArmyCampaignMorale
        Characters family

Level ACM_Bent_On_Glory
            Description ACM_Bent_On_Glory_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Bent_On_Glory_effects_desc
            Threshold 1

Effect Loyalty -2
            Effect TroopMorale 3

Level ACM_Eager_To_Fight
            Description ACM_Eager_To_Fight_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Eager_To_Fight_effects_desc
            LoseMessage  ACM_Eager_To_Fight_lose_desc
            Threshold 5

Effect TroopMorale 2

Level ACM_Ready_For_Action
            Description ACM_Ready_For_Action_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Ready_For_Action_effects_desc
            Threshold 9

Effect TroopMorale 1

Level ACM_Troops_Weary
            Description ACM_Troops_Weary_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Troops_Weary_effects_desc
            Threshold 13

Effect TroopMorale -1
            Effect MovementPoints -1

Level ACM_Troops_Despondent
            Description ACM_Troops_Despondent_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Troops_Despondent_effects_desc
            Threshold 17

Effect TroopMorale -2
            Effect MovementPoints -2

Level ACM_Troops_Undisciplined
            Description ACM_Troops_Undisciplined_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Troops_Undisciplined_effects_desc
            GainMessage ACM_Troops_Undisciplined_gain_desc
            Threshold 21

Effect TroopMorale -3
            Effect MovementPoints -3
            Effect Command -1
            Effect Loyalty -1

Level ACM_Troops_Desperate
            Description ACM_Troops_Desperate_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Troops_Desperate_effects_desc
            GainMessage ACM_Troops_Desperate_gain_desc
            Threshold 25

Effect TroopMorale -4
            Effect MovementPoints -4
            Effect Command -2
            Effect Loyalty -2

Level ACM_Troops_Mutinous
            Description ACM_Troops_Mutinous_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Troops_Mutinous_effects_desc
            GainMessage ACM_Troops_Mutinous_gain_desc
            Threshold 29

Effect TroopMorale -5
            Effect MovementPoints -5
            Effect Command -3
            Effect Loyalty -3

Level ACM_Too_Many_Years_Away
            Description ACM_Too_Many_Years_Away_desc
            EffectsDescription ACM_Too_Many_Years_Away_effects_desc
            Threshold 33

Effect TroopMorale -5
            Effect MovementPoints -5
            Effect Command -3
            Effect Loyalty -3
    The in-game descriptions for the player
    Code:
    {ACM_Bent_On_Glory}    Army Bent On Glory{ACM_Bent_On_Glory_desc} This General is inspiring his troops through great victories. They will follow him anywhere, even on the longest, hardest adventures. His Glory hunting is causing suspicion and resentment at home and creates dangerous thoughts about going his way alone.
    {ACM_Bent_On_Glory_effects_desc} -2 Loyalty, +3 Morale for troops on the battlefield.  Troops likely to keep their morale high for a long time.
    {ACM_Eager_To_Fight}    Troops Eager To Fight
    {ACM_Eager_To_Fight_desc} His troops are eager to fight for him in a long campaign.
    {ACM_Eager_To_Fight_effects_desc} +2 Morale for troops on the battlefield. Troops likely to keep their morale high for a long time.
    {ACM_Eager_To_Fight_lose_desc} Strike while the iron is hot! This General is inspiring his troops, through great victories, they will follow him anywhere, even on the longest, hardest adventures!
    {ACM_Ready_For_Action}    Troops Ready For Action
    {ACM_Ready_For_Action_desc} His troops are ready to fight for him in a campaign.
    {ACM_Ready_For_Action_effects_desc} +1 Morale for troops on the battlefield
    {ACM_Troops_Weary}    Troops Weary
    {ACM_Troops_Weary_desc} The troops need to recuperate their strenghts by resting in home lands, and even better in a settlement. A great battle won would make miracles to their morale, though.
    {ACM_Troops_Weary_effects_desc} -1 Morale for troops on the battlefield, -1 movement point
    {ACM_Troops_Despondent}    Troops Despondent
    {ACM_Troops_Despondent_desc} The army needs to rest in home lands, and even better in a settlement. A great battle won would make miracles to their morale, though.
    {ACM_Troops_Despondent_effects_desc} -2 Morale for troops on the battlefield, -2 movement point
    {ACM_Troops_Undisciplined}    Troops Undisciplined
    {ACM_Troops_Undisciplined_desc}Years on active service has taken it's toll. The army needs to rest in home lands, and even better in a settlement. A great battle won would make miracles to their morale, though.
    {ACM_Troops_Undisciplined_effects_desc} -3 Morale for troops on the battlefield, -3 movement point\n -1 Command, -1 Loyalty
    {ACM_Troops_Undisciplined_gain_desc}The troops need to recuperate their strenghts!
    {ACM_Troops_Desperate}    Troops Desperate
    {ACM_Troops_Desperate_desc}Many years away from home have eroded this army's native values and discipline to a severe extent. It needs to rest in home lands, and even better in a settlement. A battle won would also help to recover morale.
    {ACM_Troops_Desperate_effects_desc}-4 Morale for troops on the battlefield, -4 movement point\n -2 Command, -2 Loyalty
    {ACM_Troops_Desperate_gain_desc}Many years away from home have eroded this army's native values and discipline to a severe extent. It lost it's fighting value and need to recuperate.
    {ACM_Troops_Mutinous}    Troops Mutinous
    {ACM_Troops_Mutinous_desc}This army has not returned home for many years. It needs to rest in home lands, and even better in a settlement. A battle won would also help to recover morale.
    {ACM_Troops_Mutinous_effects_desc}-5 Morale for troops on the battlefield, -5 movement point\n -3 Command, -3 Loyalty
    {ACM_Troops_Mutinous_gain_desc}This army has not returned home for many years. As a matter of fact, it's unlikely to return at all.
    {ACM_Too_Many_Years_Away}    Too Many Years Away
    {ACM_Too_Many_Years_Away_desc}This army has not returned home for many years. It needs to rest in home lands, and even better in a settlement. A battle won would also help to recover morale.
    {ACM_Too_Many_Years_Away_effects_desc}-5 Morale for troops on the battlefield, -5 movement point\n -3 Command, -3 Loyalty
    The triggers:
    Code:
    ;========================================================================================= Army Campaign Morale;----- Army Campaign Morale ---------------------------
    ;--- levels(points): 1(1),2(5) - 3(9) - 4(13),5(17),6(21),7(25),8(29),9(33)

;----------------------------------------------------------------------- ACM safety valves
    Trigger ACM_Safety_In_Case_of_Bug_Min
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale < 1
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel = 4

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale 9 Chance 100

Trigger ACM_Safety_In_Case_of_Bug_Max
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 8    ; level 9 is currently not used

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale -4 Chance 100

;----------------------------------------------------------------------- ACM decrease at home (cumulative triggers)
    Trigger ACM_Improve_From_High_Value_AtHome
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 5
            and not InEnemyLands
            and not EndedInEnemyZOC

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale -2 Chance 100

Trigger ACM_Improve_From_High_Value_AtHome_Resting

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 5
            and not InEnemyLands
            and not EndedInEnemyZOC
            and RemainingMPPercentage > 90

Trigger ACM_Home_Improve_In_Settlement

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 3
            and EndedInSettlement
            and not EndedInEnemyZOC
            and Treasury > 0                       ; the kingdom is able pay the troops for ease they woes

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale -1 Chance 100

Trigger ACM_Home_Improve_In_Settlement_Resting

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 3
            and not InEnemyLands
            and not EndedInEnemyZOC
            and RemainingMPPercentage > 80

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale -1  Chance  100

Trigger ACM_Home_Improve_GoodCommander

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 2    ; goes to level "Eager Troops"
            and not InEnemyLands
            and not EndedInEnemyZOC
            and Trait GoodCommander > 0
            and Trait FitForOffice > 1            ; not insane or ill

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale -1 Chance 50

Trigger ACM_Home_Improve_Before_Expedition_GoodSpeaker

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 2
            and Trait ArmyCampaignMorale < 3
            and not InEnemyLands
            and not EndedInEnemyZOC
            and Trait InspiringSpeaker > 1
            and Trait FitForOffice > 1

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale -1 Chance 33

;----------------------------------------------------------------------- ACM decrease due to battles won
    Trigger ACM_Improve_Clear_Victory
        WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
              and WonBattle
              and BattleOdds < 1
              and BattleSuccess >= clear
              and PercentageEnemyKilled > 40
              and Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 1            ; may get to Bent on Glory, especially if other triggers fire
              and CharacterIsLocal

Trigger ACM_Improve_Average_Victory
        WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
              and WonBattle
              and BattleOdds < 1
              and BattleSuccess >= average
              and Trait ArmyCampaignMorale > 1
              and CharacterIsLocal

Trigger ACM_Improve_Close_Victory
        WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
              and WonBattle
              and BattleOdds < 1.4
              and CharacterIsLocal

Trigger ACM_Improve_Any_Victory
        WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
              and WonBattle
              and CharacterIsLocal

Trigger ACM_Improve_SettlementCapture
        WhenToTest GeneralCaptureSettlement

Condition CharacterIsLocal

;----------------------------------------------------------------------- ACM increase (cumulative!)
    Trigger ACM_Deteriorate_Troops_Moving

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale < 6      ; moving won't make troops mutinous
            and RemainingMPPercentage < 80
            and FactionIsLocal

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale 1 Chance 100

Trigger ACM_Deteriorate_Troops_Abroad

Condition Trait ArmyCampaignMorale < 8
            and InEnemyLands                         ; also at sea

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale 1 Chance 50

Trigger ACM_Deteriorate_BadCommander

and InEnemyLands
            and Trait NaturalMilitarySkill < 1
            and Trait BadCommander > 0              ; also low Military / Pagan education is thus taken into account

Trigger ACM_Deteriorate_EnemyContact

and InEnemyLands
            and EndedInEnemyZOC                  ; also besieging

Trigger ACM_Deteriorate_AnyDefeat
        WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
              and not WonBattle
              and Trait ArmyCampaignMorale < 8
              and CharacterIsLocal

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale 2 Chance 100

Trigger ACM_Deteriorate_Defeat_Woeful
        WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
              and not WonBattle
              and BattleOdds > 1.2
              and Trait ArmyCampaignMorale < 8
              and CharacterIsLocal

Affects ArmyCampaignMorale 2 Chance 100
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 07, 2020 at 02:27 AM.

The modifications to make the SSHIP more in the spirit of the BGR continue to be implemented. Examples:

(1) Anti-hoarding mechanism is introduced (along the same vein of various additional costs in BGR, and also anti-inflationary mechanisms in the other mods):

Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
            and Treasury > 200000

log --- economy script anti-hoarding script for keeping over 200k treasury (50%)

console_command add_money -100000
            historic_event MONEY_LOSS_FOR_KEEPING_HUGE_TREASURY                ; info for the player so that he's aware 
            set_event_counter player_treasury 53    

end_monitor

and Treasury > 100000

log --- economy script anti-hoarding script for keeping over 100k treasury (30%)

console_command add_money -30000

if I_EventCounter player_treasury < 53                            ; so that no more than 1 info a turn appears on the screen (needed becaus the monitors are consequtive)
                historic_event MONEY_LOSS_FOR_KEEPING_HUGE_TREASURY
            end_if

set_event_counter player_treasury 52            

end_monitor

and Treasury > 50000

log --- economy script anti-hoarding script for keeping over 50k treasury (20%)

if I_EventCounter MONEY_MEDICI_FAMILY > 0
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_southern_european > 0

log ------ terminate monitor for SE after Medici Family
                terminate_monitor            
            end_if    

if I_EventCounter MONEY_FUGGER_FAMILY > 0
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_northern_european > 0

log ------ terminate monitor for NE after Fugger Family
                terminate_monitor            
            end_if    

console_command add_money -10000

if I_EventCounter player_treasury < 52
                historic_event MONEY_LOSS_FOR_KEEPING_LARGE_TREASURY
            end_if                

set_event_counter player_treasury 51

end_monitor

and Treasury > 20000

log --- economy script anti-hoarding script for keeping over 20k treasury (20%)

if I_EventCounter MONEY_BARDI_BANK > 0
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic > 0

log ------ terminate monitor for catholic after bardi
                terminate_monitor            
            end_if    

console_command add_money -2000

if I_EventCounter player_treasury < 51
                historic_event MONEY_LOSS_FOR_KEEPING_SIGNIFICANT_TREASURY
            end_if        

set_event_counter player_treasury 21

end_monitor

(2) Mechanisms forcing the player to use his generals to lead the armies (along the same vein of the BGR's War Councillor ancillary)

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 21, 2022 at 03:35 AM.