Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 30.jul/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

I am wondering if I read this correctly....You said you're going to work on an exchange region feature???? This feature alone is more important than most any that have been submodded thus far. I thought this was not possible in RII....they managed it with Attila though.

EDIT:
    I just came across this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...om_next_patch/

This is very important....has anyone already done so for RII?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 30.jul/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

Yeah, the lua function has ben released by CA something like a year ago. I'm quinte sure that using the VPS system is the correct choice for this type of feature.

Civis

Please update this submod to the newest version 1.2.5 thanks

Patrician

You can play it with no problem at all, as for RPGu and PIGS.

You'll need to have PIGS to play VPS.

You can't play Alexander with any of my mods.

------

I'll update things in time.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jul.30/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

just a quick preview of next release actors
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

there will be some general/slight rebalancements
    there will be new factors coming from events
    expansionism is based on number of regions owned

I'm working on a new system (this will affect next PIGS version too) about political actors (I think this will be definitive):
    - characters (individuals)
    - ruling party
    - other parties
    - military
    - population
    - outlanders

so we have every part of the society covered, well, maybe slaves could be needed actually. Dunno.
    Yeah I'll add slaves too, came to my mind just now as I writed this post
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 11, 2019 at 09:43 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_02 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jul.30/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

The way actors faction in this system is based solely on dice rolls or the system is counting points from various sources? Influence of parties for example? And it will affect the PIGs intrigues I presume?

Patrician

read 1st post for a better description.
    sometimes there are just dice rolls, sometimes there are just game conditions, sometimes they are mixed.
    actors values are mostly random.
    it is not possible to do much (there aren't many conditions to pick via script) and if it would possible it would just have reaaaaally long scripts (so, probably, I wouldn't do that either)
    dice rolls are fine, they work really well and add a reasonable unpredictability to the campaign. I think I'm weighting them pretty well.

yeah, same actors will be inside PIGS
    could be that I will link the VPS and the PIGS Policy Outcomes (which will be redone from scratch), not sure about that yet.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    just a quick preview of next release actors
    so we have every part of the society covered, well, maybe slaves could be needed actually. Dunno.
    Yeah I'll add slaves too, came to my mind just now as I writed this post
    Just wanted to tell you about that; slaves were a definitive factor in ancient times in all human history. That's good Jake. You're going to make even a better (sub)mod.
    P.S. Pray to providence to keep your ideas fresh.
    Last edited by leonardusius; October 11, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

@leonardusius.

I may didn't understand very well the VP project and its interaction alongside PIGs but I would dare to say that slaves as a part of the political scene they didn't have a role at all. They were the gears in hard labours that rotated the ancients economies in a large extent but were not 19 century workers, they were "machines".

Patrician

I'm not much interested in historical chatting (obviously trying to keepaway completely unhistorical features) but I actually think that slaves are to consider not just cuffed guys working in mines but also high tier slaves who surely had political weights.

Anyway I'm interested in describing what's happening inside your rule (during the game), so there will be slaves too.
    Keep in mind that (regarding VPS) we are talking about an economical/war/civic/diplomatic/political feature (only the first one is mostly done) and surely slaves had their roles into economical matters.

Surely slaves won't affect the gamplay like some other actors.
    you can say that (in order of importance, so this will weight when I'll assign effects) they are:

- ruling party
    - other parties

- character
    - military
    - population

- slaves
    - outlanders

every actor will work with different effects (some will be common, some specific)
    also every actor will work with different turn paces (to better resemble time passing)

------

Interaction with PIGS is a technical thing, I can link various parts through scripts.
    One day PIGS, RPGu and VPS won't be able to "live" one without the other 'cause they will be internally linked.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 11, 2019 at 01:10 PM.

Patrician

here, this should be pretty definitive (for next release, at least).
    in grey brackets there are descriptions about 12tpy (turn means every turn, season means every 3 turns, year means every 12)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 11, 2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    @leonardusius.

I may didn't understand very well the VP project and its interaction alongside PIGs but I would dare to say that slaves as a part of the political scene they didn't have a role at all. They were the gears in hard labours that rotated the ancients economies in a large extent but were not 19 century workers, they were "machines".
    Man, you don't realize the picture as a whole. Slaves means ...ECONOMY, and that's speak for all.

Patrician

true.
    nikos was actually speaking about slaves being inserted into the political scenario more than this economical feature.
    anyway, slaves will be actors, even if they won't have place in every "political" feature I'm doing.
    or, they'll have a really low % to participate.

nikos was actually speaking about slaves being inserted into the political scenario
    Yes, this was my point. Since VP reaches ( or it will in the near future ) other areas except economy and since we allready have a dedicated mechanic that count slaves as an economic paragon ( both from vanilla mechanism and the sell slaves edict ) I thought it was unessesery. Anyway, the really low % gives me comfort jake, did I say that I love colouring texts? You made it so much easier to understand what is going on.
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 03, 2019 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Quote tag corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    nikos was actually speaking about slaves being inserted into the political scenario
    Yes, this was my point. Since VP reaches ( or it will in the near future ) other areas except economy and since we allready have a dedicated mechanic that count slaves as an economic paragon ( both from vanilla mechanism and the sell slaves edict ) I thought it was unessesery. Anyway, the really low % gives me comfort jake, did I say that I love colouring texts? You made it so much easier to understand what is going on.
    Again, colors are...good. But slaves ...more. Because they means economy and economy is money and money is everything...always. Well, it's true, but it's sad.
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 03, 2019 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Quote tag corrected.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

VPS_Alpha_01
    is out!

THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTUDO ONLY (NO DOWNLOAD AVILABLE FOR DeI vanilla).
    PIGS, RPGu and VPS are beginning to merge each other, so I don't think there will be (no more) a separated download for them.
    As soon as I release TESUDO 1.7 I'll do another mod for DeI vanilla where those 3 are merged. A sort of TESTUDO without the turtling features.

- Rebalanced many things
    - Added Expansionism, Trade, Characters, Outlanders and Slaves
    - Check #1 post for a pretty complete list

Last edited by Jake Armitage; December 01, 2019 at 05:51 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213