Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta version - aug.07/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

The ranks don't match with the actual rank of the general. I mean, with this submod you can see General X: 4 rank while he maybe got 3 stars (meaning rank 3) at his porthole on the left side.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_02 version - aug.08/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Can't find link between global growth and replenish. If this is removed or nerfed (-1000%) mod is good to go.

Edit
    Food replenish bonus should be removed. It looks like on off switch . +5 growth is 9% +2 growth is 6%. 40-50 men per turn.
    Even with hardcore mod you can blitz from start if you first building is food. Had few turns (autoresolve) and conquered whole region.
    Everybody likes me and rebellion in other province will never happen. Patrol mode is not needed if you have +5 surplus.
    Build 2x peregrini autoresolve army and never stop.

Edit 2
    Winter is good for patrol mode you will replenish at normal rate - for me it is 21.
    Editing Trust replenish rate all to negative will actually unbalance game . My previous suggestion was based on that.
    Removing that also is maybe better. Minor symbolic bonuses for lowest and highest Trust is currently on my mind but I m afraid that even 1% is too much.
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 08, 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_02 version - aug.08/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

DOWNLOAD beta_02 - aug.08/18 @ #1 post

I've worked a little with these new features:
    - changed total trust points, No more 500, but 1000 now. So every 100 points trust effect will change (from 100 to 1000, 100 is min, 1100 is max). This is to delay a little trust changes. Starting point at 550.
    Hope it won't get you stuck into few trust levels only. But I'm sure that basing it to 1000 points is better than 500.
    - changed a lot of values inside constant library, trying to balace it better (notice that other library script still has to be revised, so not every value will concurr to final trust points)
    - redone all effects. I've removed a lot that were completely futile and added many different effects. For now. Better to start with a lot of light effects and then decide.
    - I'm not willing to give only bonuses with good trust, and maluses with poor. So I put bonuses for military effects when you're on low trust (and maluses when on good). Why? 'Cause I don't want a line between red and green. Some mixture is better. We can consider unit soldier more faithful when political situation is on the edge more than when everyone's happy. Dunno, let me know what you think about.
    - I've made celebrations and tumults too much overpowered, both in bonuses or maluses. Please report, I'm always playing 12 tpy, don't think I'll see any general dying soon.
    - being able to make trust points growing will be more difficult (hoping not too much)

Replenishment issue: I've lowered replenishment values, didn't check the bugged part, if there is any. Dunno yet.
    Issue should have been removed wiping out all those effects that were not depending from FP.

Cheers

@ Sonny: can't understand what you're searching for. What link?
    Anyway this version should remove that repleishment issue
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 09, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta version - aug.07/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    The ranks don't match with the actual rank of the general. I mean, with this submod you can see General X: 4 rank while he maybe got 3 stars (meaning rank 3) at his porthole on the left side.
    Weird, in the main script the rank is retrivied via selected_global_char:rank() function when selecting a character and never modified. Can you post a screenshot? I will check in the following days when I'll download again the new update

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    Can't find link between global growth and replenish. If this is removed or nerfed (-1000%) mod is good to go.

Edit
    Food replenish bonus should be removed. It looks like on off switch . +5 growth is 9% +2 growth is 6%. 40-50 men per turn.
    Even with hardcore mod you can blitz from start if you first building is food. Had few turns (autoresolve) and conquered whole region.
    Everybody likes me and rebellion in other province will never happen. Patrol mode is not needed if you have +5 surplus.
    Build 2x peregrini autoresolve army and never stop.

Try deleting the db entry that I highlited before instead of setting the value to 0.
    I don't remember if global food impacts on growth even in vanilla DeI, but by deleting that line the at least the bonus to replenishment seem to have gone for me
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 09, 2018 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

@ T_Boy:
    Ranks are matching, it starts from 1 for trust as 1 is for general rank (stars). Does this go crazy on higher levels?

@ivanpera:
    "I don't remember if global food impacts on growth even in vanilla DeI, but by deleting that line the at least the bonus to replenishment seem to have gone for me"
    please share pack, didn't understand anything about this replenishment discussion.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 08, 2018 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    please share pack, didn't understand anything about this replenishment discussion.
    Honestly, I didn't completely follow it either, but since he was complaining about the replenishment bonus given by food surplus (row 80 in the db, I highlighted it some posts ago) and he said that changing values in the db had no effect, I suggested removing that row.

Is it compatible with DEI please make it real for the love of god it gimes A lot of realism to the game!!!!

Patrician

@ivanpera: in beta_02 I removed every effect that is not people trust only, thought some of them came from some trust's events. They didn't so they have been wiped out, so probabaly that replenishment issue is gone.
    I think that prime wanted to do a good replenishment when having good trust and a nearly impossible when having a bad trust.
    That thing going from 500 to 1000 points it's not well balanced yet. Dunno, maybe 1000 is good for 12 tpy only. We'll see when we have libraries balanced.

@sinuhe2: since pack it's inside DeI submods thread it should be quite obvious that pack is for DeI only and all his compatible (non external scripted) submods. It is written near the download link in 1st post btw.

Why after I uploaded beta_02, a lot of people have downloaded beta_01 only?
    Please, if you're gonna test it, download latest version.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 09, 2018 at 05:47 AM.

@ivanpera: in beta_02 I removed every effect that is not people trust only, thought some of them came from some trust's events. They didn't so they have been wiped out, so probabaly that replenishment issue is gone.
    I think that prime wanted to do a good replenishment when having good trust and a nearly impossible when having a bad trust.
    That thing going from 500 to 1000 points it's not well balanced yet. Dunno, maybe 1000 is good for 12 tpy only. We'll see when we have libraries balanced.

@sinuhe2: since pack it's inside DeI submods thread it should be quite obvious that pack is for DeI only and all his compatible (non external scripted) submods. It is written near the download link in 1st post btw.

Why after I uploaded beta_02, a lot of people have downloaded beta_01 only?
    Please, if you're gonna test it, download latest version.
    Dont need for the attitude I didnt realized but anyway thanks for the Info

What if good trust levels would be "easy" to obtain (like having big bursts of popularity when leading winning wars or lowering taxes) but hard to maintain (since when all is going well people are going to highlight your errors)?
    Maybe I can apply some modifiers and penalties in the script for having high levels of trust

Patrician

@sinuhe:
    sorry if I've been too abrupt.

@ ivanpera: think this will require different math function for this (it's the local function that triggers trust lvl effects):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    line 332 of main script (originally values were based on 50, not 100)

function Prime_ApplyEffects(faction_name)
    local k = 1;
    for i = 100, 1000, 100 do
    if trust >= i and trust < i+100 then
    local effect = "prime_trust_" .. tostring(k);
    --Log("Prime_ApplyEffects - Effect :",tostring(effect));
    scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle(effect, faction_name, 2);
    segment = k
    return
    end
    k = k + 1;
    end
    end

Really cool idea if you're able to. Could be done by diversifyng trust points needed between levels near average and top (or bottom) ones.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 09, 2018 at 06:22 AM.

I doesnt matter ☺️☺️☺️ Just wishing play this wonderful mod with DEI and maybe someday TED for sieging the original Carthage siege that ca showed us in the pre Alfa footage!!!!

Patrician

Have a nice campaign and please report impressions or anything else!

Really cool idea if you're able to. Could be done by diversifyng trust points needed between levels near average and top (or bottom) ones.
    Diversifying the levels needed for each level shouldn't be a problem, if you have nice values in mind write me. The idea I proposed earlier si harder to implement, maybe we can start with yours

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Diversifying the levels needed for each level shouldn't be a problem, if you have nice values in mind write me. The idea I proposed earlier si harder to implement, maybe we can start with yours
    As you want, your choice, but please describe better your ideas.

values for mine would be (1 is worst trust lvl)
    - trust lvl 1: 100-199
    - trust lvl 2: 200-289
    - trust lvl 3: 290 - 369
    - trust lvl 4: 370 - 459
    - trust lvl 5 (avarage lvl and starting points at 500): 460 - 549
    - trust lvl 6: 550 - 659
    - trust lvl 7: 660 - 779
    - trust lvl 8: 780 - 899
    - trust lvl 9: 900 - 999
    - trust lvl 10: 1000 - 1100

I would work based on 1000 and then make 2 versions for trust points libraries, one more dynamic (higher values) for 4 tpy, one more static (lower values) for 12 tpy.

As you want, your choice, but please describe better your ideas.
    I have nothing concrete in my mind, I was just thinking of experimenting with modifiers based on your trust level that would have been applied when calculating trust. Like, the higher your level of trust, the lesser trust you gain from your actions while obtaining more distrust for negative events

Patrician

sorry, better this way:

- trust lvl 1: 100-149 (49)
    - trust lvl 2: 150-279 (129)
    - trust lvl 3: 280 - 399 (119)
    - trust lvl 4: 400 - 499 (99)
    - trust lvl 5 (avarage lvl and starting points at 525): 500 - 549 (49)
    - trust lvl 6: 550 - 649 (99)
    - trust lvl 7: 650 - 769 (119)
    - trust lvl 8: 770 - 899 (129)
    - trust lvl 9: 900 - 1049 (149)
    - trust lvl 10: 1050 - 1100 (50)

Can't say which way is easier for scripting, think it would be the same for in-game porpuses, so check what's easier. I don't think I'm able to do this kind of scripts.
    I'm just a monkey , I look, I copy, I adapt, but can't "create".
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 09, 2018 at 07:35 AM.

Can't say which way is easier for scripting, think it would be the same for in-game porpuses, so check what's easier. I don't think I'm able to do this kind of scripts. I'm just a monkey , I look, I copy, but "can't" create.
    I don't think it would be the same (with heavy enough modifiers you could end losing more than one level of trust for a single error when you are at top levels) but your way in certanly easier to test.
    I *should* have already done it. I'm going to test it soon and if it'll work I'll make it prettier and then send it to you

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_02 version for DeI - aug.08/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Cool! I'll start working on libraries with latest DeI version, but it depends if my colleague will come to studio or not this afternoon. She's female, she can't understand a true man, she would just insult me seeing me here.

Please guys, give some +rep to ivanpera. Yeah, rep is childish, but it's a really simple way to show respect and honour his work.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_02 version for DeI - aug.08/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Nice job @ivanpera and @jake keep it up guys.
    Plus Rep ofc.