Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Err.. Hmm.. Wierd, even if I click on Show there is nothing on the Spoiler.. Do you happen to also have a steam workshop link? Also, do you have a vannila version?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.d - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Steam: there will be never a steam link, only TWC
    Vanilla: there will be never a rome vanilla version, only DeI
    Download: I removed the spoiler

Thanks, now I can see the link.

Patrician

Good , never heard about spoiler issues before.
    Are you using a phone/tablet maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    Description say R6 agents and generals with medals . Legendary generals are the best.
    It will be long time before I have lvl 6 general . I did not trigger anything with 67% popularity civil general with lots of battles but it was not fresh start.

Found mostly updates to trust after this lines game should update buffs
    local function Prime_CharacterEntersGarrison(context) -- Merge v1.2 & v1.3 events

--Log("Prime_CharacterEntersGarrison", "Popular Civil General entered Garrison - Buff 4");

So it is listed on Imperium page. It is not event ?

Yup it is third picture on mod page . I was looking in wrong place (Events)
    Rank 6 is required to generate trust only for champions (and spies, in another part of the code). At first glance, generals seem to be providing buff from rank 2+ (but maybe the referenced rows in the db are empty?), I'll test it in this days

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Rank 6 is required to generate trust only for champions (and spies, in another part of the code). At first glance, generals seem to be providing buff from rank 2+ (but maybe the referenced rows in the db are empty?), I'll test it in this days
    It should show . General in city. But effect is listed in Imperium level list (same place where detailed trust is displayed)
    Had to fix Orbis Terrarium (removed all lighting from campaign map) will put General to confirm.

Lvl 2 general nothing, don't have better one
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

Patrician

I'll work on libraries, so we won't work on the same things

@ivanpera:
    please, if possible change generals' script for always giving a certain effect depending on level, from 1 to last.
    And try to do 5 of them, militaristic, slightly milit., balanced, slightly statesman, statesman. Think this should be triggered through libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post

@ivanpera:
    please, if possible change generals' script for always giving a certain effect depending on level, from 1 to last.
    And try to do 5 of them, militaristic, slightly milit., balanced, slightly statesman, statesman. Think this should be triggered through libraries.

You want me to make so that generals give a costant buff based upon their level and "profession"? Maybe it's better if you PM me.

Yes it is possible but
    civil_buff_3 = true;

if curr_char_name == general_buff_1 and civil_buff_1 == true and civil_buff_2 == false and civil_buff_3 == false and civil_buff_4 == false then

It is toggle you need new lines everywhere.
    Make sure that you want just two.

Popularity level not levels will trigger the buff.
    moral buffs last for ten turns if you own whole province or 5 if you own just region.
    Should have notes somewhere.

Patrician

^ So this won't trigger depending on general's rank, but from his popularity level taken from people's trust values?

To be honest I would prefer that this general thing becomes more indipendent from people's trust dynamics, so it would be better to put general's rank more than his popularity.
    Then his poularity will keep interacting with trust values, as it is now.

If anyone has some proposals of any sort, please, you're free to state them.
    Be clear in describing them though.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 11, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

Need more reading . My conclusions might be wrong. Did read only some lines. There are lines in other scripts about technology and personality traits- they must match DEI stuff
    I found just part about popularity giving bonuses. There are lines about balanced , civ, and military generals. Script is picking traits to choose category.
    It is picking cunning, zeal and authority - more you have more trust you get
    there are different regain rate for trust below 300 and above.
    It can trigger rebellion.

traits - type of general
    Popularity level - buff if they enter in garrison mode

Not sure what medals do but they add to popularity (rate).

First I must found what is listed in game. I think that rank on general bodyguard card is Popularity level of that general.
    Medals could give bonuses. Rank of general can also give bonuses but this will require rewriting.
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 11:57 AM.

I don't like idea of entering city with whole army to get morale boost. It is rebellion in DEI. Kind a balanced on second thought.
    Medals are popularity. More you have bonus is higher
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 11, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

Patrician

^ I agree, with people trust was too much easy getting bonuses.
    Anyway could be that we'll change direction for this generals' thing. It depends on what kind of new traits team is up to for DeI.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta version - aug.07/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Will this be compatible with your Testudo modules Jake?

Worked out an alternate version off of yours. Changed some verbiage (Mostly to Latin), and tweaked a few values. Also set the default to climb back to 500 rather than 300 so it's a bit more forgiving. Changed role to "Persona," Decorations to "Vitae" and Skills to "Virtues." Also changed some of the names for medals and replaced the whole jewelry thing with 3 categories for traits (Gold, Silver, Bronze). Also, trust is now "Public Sentiment" which is either Waxing or Waning. Lemme know what you think or if you need any of my sub-files to this. Link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jusbpsg2eq3gqta/%2540%2540%2540%2540%2540%2540%2540_Fides_Populi.pack/file

Examples: Expansionism becomes Providentia. Battles becomes Fortuna. Leadership = Nobilitas. Social = Civitas. Alliances = Societas. Research = Innovatio. Defense = Securitas. Dignitaries = Integritas. Popular Champions = Charisma. Generals = Virilis. Food = Fecunditas. Economy = Frugalitas. etc... Thought it made it a bit more immersive to try to capture some of the social/religious concepts.
    Last edited by tullyccro; August 11, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

If I want to translate this mod, can I do that directly with the texts, or do I have to integrate the texts into my original language file?

Thanks for the answer
    Last edited by Sedulus; August 12, 2018 at 02:29 AM.

Patrician

@itsweeting: 100% sure

@tullycro: good ideas here! (I opened the file, didn't use it in game)
    - ok to have latin etiquettes, but there must be a guide (non in game, just a file guide) to let people understand what that etiquette comprehends, or it will remain quite a mistery. I don't find some of your actual latin terms too satisfactory, btw, some will need to be changed. I'll do. But I have still to work on libraries, maybe something will change, dunno yet.
    - ok to change medals' etiquettes, maybe better with something about eagles, or some other symbol, more than modern olympic's terms.
    - what is that 500/300 thing? You didn't change trust points values into script. Trust is set to start at 500 and can go from 1 to 1000 (for now).
    - trust is public sentiment? Mmmh I don't like that much. We could call it just Fides, to remain inside latin terms.
    - what values did you tweak? Share a list plz. Are they better?

@sedulus: just change mod txt > db and terms inside scripts, I think. For sure you won't have to edit other packs.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 12, 2018 at 07:36 AM.

He changed trust decay rate to be low at 500. In mod it kicks at 300 so you will drift to 300 faster.
    Could not download (media fire spammed me so I lost interest)

-- NATURAL CONVERGENCE TO 300 (FROM ABOVE AND BELOW) FOR MAIN KPI
    if trust > 300 then trust = trust - TRUST_REGAIN_RATE
    elseif trust < 300 then trust = trust + TRUST_REGAIN_RATE
    end

Change 300 to number that you like. You should in theory drift to that number if you don't do anything. My opinion is that lower number will put you more in bad trust but this is balancing issue after you finish your skeleton .

Patrician

@sonny: ok thanks (in mediafire do right click and open new window, not left click)
    @tullyccro: nice dynamic, could be interesting

----------

Want to share some long-term planning ideas I'm privately discussing with ivanpera.

Why I started modding it from the beginning, and not just adapting?
    First, 'cause mod is quite old and may things have happened since.
    Second, simply 'cause my inutition told me.
    Fides Populi would be fine just balancing some features, but there are still a lot of possibilities to improve it.
    And it is better to plan and consider those possibilities ongoing and through different opinions, imo.

----------

What do we have till now (mostly similar to prime's vanilla):

1) a scaled range for trust points from 1 to 1000 (instead of a fixed one from 50 to 550)
    2) 11 effects based on trust points (10, in vanilla)
    3) overhauled effects
    4) some events that are triggered by effects and declare trust level's change (they are a little bugged now, they tend to show a turn earlier, think it's a % math function issue)
    5) libraries, that assign trust points every turn checking a lot of things
    6) all generals are etiquetted (check general unit UI) in 3 classes: militaristic, balanced, statesman. Trust points (and effects) are differently assigned depending on strat-map situation.
    If a militaristic is outside garrison, you'll gain trust points, if a statesman is garrisoned, you'll gain.
    7) all generals have a popularity % that comes from libraries
    8) there are some more effects for high level popularity generals depending on strat-map situation (should be popularity that trigger them, it seems)
    9) there is a Current decoration list with 3 different levels (should be prizes obtained through wars giving you more popularity)
    10) there is a Decorations list (have no idea, think you'll get some trust bonuses points depending on some library things)

----------

What are my long-term planning ideas for a polished and good version of people's trust:

1) scaled is surely better, 1000 points have still to be confirmed, could be that range number will be different between 4 tpy and 12 tpy
    2) maybe 11 are too many, dunno yet, could be they'll be different between 4 tpy -7 levels- and 12 tpy - 11 levels -
    2a) it would be better not to have a single effect, but spilt it into 3: global one (like now), military (sort of war weariness), civic (sort of civic progress) and adjust libraries consequently.
    Why do this? I have some experience through modding testudo and I've understood that having an "algorythmic" effect is really better than a "linear" one.
    With 3 different effects (i.e. you could be quite good in overall popularity, good in civic progress but very bad in war weariness - there are a lot of possibilities) you'll play different situations in campaign, that adds a lot of longevity and deepness.
    3) this is important and has to be understood in-game, I begin to be quite staisfied with the post #60 list, btw
    4) if we'll do 3 different effects it will be better to cancel them, or it will be too spammy (just go to faction panel and check icon)
    5) have to be balanced and revised yet
    6) this is quite good but it needs an overhaul (I can't tell you why, sorry, don't ask, please):
    5 different levels of LOYALTY taken from trait libraries (instead of 3 of APTITUDE - militaristic, balanced, statesman), from less to highly loyal,
    and every general in strat map should give effects (and/or trust points) related to his loyalty lvl and what he's doing on strat-map.
    7) ok, just revise library (notice that with LOYALTY now, you can have a popular unloyal or an unpopular loyal general), think popularity will continue to give trust points only, and not effects, dunno
    8) dunno, maybe it would be better to remove popularity buffs, to limit complexity
    9) well, ok, they should assign trust points only but I didn't check its dynamic yet
    10) same at point 9), most probably
    +11) do custom events (or link to some DeI's) to give/remove trust points, so to make it more unpredictable
    +12) eventually allow to give/remove trust points by spending something (money, food, whatever) through custom buttons (similar to change capital script, you know you have that new button)

----------

Ok, should be everything (sorry if I'm tedious), correct me if I wrote something wrong for first part, and, please, share opinions about the second (yours long-term planning idea, comments).

In the case this path (or another similar) is taken at some point, it will require some work.
    I can do the dirty one, but for the polished one, a good scripter (one like ivanpera if he'll agree, not one like me) is certainly needed.
    I'm not asking anything to anyone, but I do think there are potentialities in your people trust that shouldn't be wasted and taken to a DeI level.

Anyway this is an open platform, so anyone can do or say the hell he wants. This post is just for sharing ideas, that's all.
    Better if we do this in an organised way, for obvious reasons.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 12, 2018 at 09:31 AM.

Did not have any problems with FP. Buffs are minors so you can ignore them in early game. You don't need to check them but i will have rebellions soon. Will see if this can change the way I m playing.
    After long time I will rebel the Rome just to see what I will get with 3 rebellion in the same time. I m trying to get military buffs in early game . -10 upkeep outweight everything else in first 20 turns (when you are safe).
    Should not have any problem to regain that trust.
    I m loosing to many people and this will put me in -35 tax rate. So every region I own is producing nothing. Trade penalty fits with reduction of upkeep.