Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Alpha_01 [upd: dec.01/19]

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.e - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Don't think so, maybe some elements in some custom campaign.
    Anyway, I've made some progresses and first beta pack (regarding the Economical Trust) is almost ready
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 22, 2019 at 07:30 AM.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Fides Populi (your people's trust)] - beta_03 version for DeI 123.e - aug.10/18 - TESTERS APPRECIATED!

Patrician

Really, really good news, here.
    I was able (really easily tbh) to link political intrigues to the virtual points system.

You simply push the dedicated Intrigue butoon and, voilą, the range will be affected (and loyalty will be lowered obviously...)
    This means that useless PIGS Intrigues like PARTY MEETING, POLITICAL ORATION, CONSULT ARUSPEX, POLITICAL SURVEILLANCE will die and let their place to other intrigues influencing the virtual point system!
    I've also added 2 different random events (the Minor Event with +/- low values and triggered randomly every turn. The Major Event with high +/- values and triggered every 2 years for 4tpy and every year for 12 tpy, exactly as per the PIGS Policy Outcomes)

here's an example regarding a standard turn

and here's one where I've just used the intrigue and the Major Event is triggered

Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 24, 2019 at 05:27 PM.

''This means that useless PIGS Intrigues like PARTY MEETING, POLITICAL ORATION, CONSULT ARUSPEX, POLITICAL SURVEILLANCE will die and let their place to other intrigues influencing the virtual point system!''
    I admit I don't know well the subject here but eliminating those intrigues isn't a good move, imho (only judging from denomination actions perspective, it's unrealistic because ALL were highly present in ancient Rome 2 universe)

Patrician

Those 4 intrigues are custom made, for PIGS, I've already erased a lot of them giving new purposes
    Vanilla's are Send Gift,Praise, Insult, Provoke
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 25, 2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Those 4 intrigues are custom made, for PIGS, I've already erased a lot of them giving new purposes
    Vanilla's are Send Gift,Praise, Insult, Provoke
    I will keep older PIGS version because i like the denomination and effects. I said before: party meeting, political oration, and the others, are excellent intrigue concepts because they were REAL. You can't replace them with anything other. I think adding new ones without deleting the older, is the answer.

Patrician

you can't add intrigues

you can't add intrigues
    So, you basically replace only the terms ? Ex: Send Gift become Party Meeting and so on... ?

Patrician

well, no...
    some things are hardcoded, some things are not, It's like playing chess when I have to do a new intrigue (replacing an existing one)
    some things I remove, some things I mod, some things I add
    you can open PIGS pack and have a look, it's quite complex

standard places to mod intrigues are:
    1) campaign variables
    2) a couple of political tabs
    3) polical trait script
    4) then there are the texts, which, more or less, will describe the changes
    and then I've added to the political event all those random incidents who are affecting treasury, power and giving faction effect, different effects depending on the intrigue purpose
    and now I know I can link them (not everyone 'cause not every intrigue has a non hardcoded event) to the virtual points system which, believe me, it's 100% a good thing
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 26, 2019 at 03:55 AM.

well, no...
    some things are hardcoded, some things are not, It's like playing chess when I have to do a new intrigue (replacing an existing one)
    some things I remove, some things I mod, some things I add
    you can open PIGS pack and have a look, it's quite complex
    So, I highly suggest to let them there.

Patrician

have faith, man.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_01 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd.20.jun/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

VPS_Beta_01
    is out!

After almost a year....
    The first module regarding economy is ready.
    It may need some balancements but I don't think it should be far from being good.

Keep in mind that, as every other of my mods, it's an hardcore mod.
    Play it an normal difficulty.
    In my humble opinion an hardcore normal is better than a vanilla hard.

Don't be scared, it may seems complicated with all those numbers but if you like strategy you'll end loving it.
    Please test it and report impressions

Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 30, 2019 at 06:59 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_01 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd.20.jun/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage;1580630[CENTER
    After almost a year....
    [/CENTER]
    The first module regarding economy is ready.
    It may need some balancements but I don't think it should be far from being good.
    Very good stuff here Jake ! I like ....numbers. First impressions for me show a good logic path for the game. And hope that for the other 3 chapters we will not wait another....3 years. Thank you very much, bro.
    Last edited by leonardusius; July 01, 2019 at 06:03 AM.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_01 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 30.jun/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

No don't think so, now that I have the script showing things as I want I shouldn't need much time to do the others. At a basic and playable leve, at least.
    I would like to do all the 4+1 and then return back and start adding/removing things.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_01 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 30.jun/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

This is indeed a very good news. Waiting for the other TRUSTS, so.

Patrician

NEWS

Sorry guys, the pack I've uploaded yesterday had some Testudo value (I wrongly copied/pasted).
    Please redownolad the packs into OP.
    I've also added a light version which will slightly raise tax level threshold points (into script) and lower effect penalties. So, it's a less hardcore version.

Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 01, 2019 at 11:51 AM.

Civis

Why not use it in the official dei campaign

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 30.jul/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

VPS Beta_02
    is out!

- Reworked factors (now it's more campaign wise and less abstract)
    - I've used the usual PIGS system conceptually based on Ruling Party, Other Parties, Military and Population
    - Rebalanced some parts of the script (it seems to me it's working well, the testudo version at least)
    - Check OP for changes
    - Guys, I really need reports to understand how this works for DeI vanilla

@Gasmio
    NO, for 2 reasons:
    1) it's on its beta_02 version
    2) it requires attention and consideration, it will make the campaign harder so it's not for everyone

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Virtual Points System] VPS_Beta_02 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 30.jul/19] - TESTERS NEEDED!

Hey man, I see you've been working on a lot of interesting mods, but they are all beta. I'm interested in learning Total War modding in my free time, I already have experience with coding (C++, Java and Python), any chance I could help you on developing these mods?

Patrician

Yeah absolutely, doors are wide open (my only experience with coding - I am an architect - is about videogames but thanks to time and ivanpera - another user - I reached a satisfying level).
    Quite soon I'm gonna open a closed group for scripters here in TWC, I'll invite you (we should be 5-6 guys for now).
    In the meantime you may check the scripts by downloading submods (and DeI ofc) and the available lua functions here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xavvz..._v1.1.ods/file

I call them beta but they are actually playable, since I have a lot of things to do still I just pefer the beta/alpha labels.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 01, 2019 at 06:51 PM.