Thread: Unable to Modify Unit Color Configurations via Assembly Kit?!

Default Unable to Modify Unit Color Configurations via Assembly Kit?!

Hello all! I recently got into modding again and am on theverge of creating, in my opinion, one of the best mods I have personally made.But, I have hit a bit of a snag. Perhaps it is because it has been years sinceI have modded Shogun 2 using the Assembly Kit, but I can't for the life of memodify the colors of any of the units! My plans for this mod involve bothmodifying the unit parts of pre-existing units and having those units maintaina certain color configuration despite the faction that the unit is a part of.All of my units have the right unit parts, but they are not of the right colorconfiguration!

Please note that I am fully aware that there is a tablelabeled "uniform_to_faction_colours" where I can edit the Primary,Secondary, and Tertiary RGB codes for the units. Many times I have created rowsfor all types of units (standard, garrison, and multiplayer) and for each role(soldier, officer, standard bearer) and manually typed in the RGB codes Idesired. And I did export the table "uniform_to_faction_colours" andmade use of the BOB.

I know some of you are going to suggest that I use PFM, butI was able to accomplish creating faction-independent color configurations inthe past. I remember that much. Not to mention, I tried using PFM today andcan't wrap my head around it so I think I will commit to the Assembly Kit.

To help you all give me better guidance, here is some ofwhat I did and what I observed:

1) I chose the colors and color configuration via the UnitEditor. When I go to "uniform_to_faction_colours", I would find thatthe RGB codes matched those that I chose at the Unit Editor, but it would say"LOOKUP NOT FOUND" under "type" for all the units whosecolors I customized.

2) I left it as it is, exported the table, went to BOB, anda made a Pack file and found that the colors did not carry over to the unitsin-game. So, I changed the type to the appropriate keys (soldier, officer,standard bearer). That didn't work either. So, instead, I left those rows thathad "LOOKUP NOT FOUND" unaltered and made new rows for each of theunits and input the appropriate keys (soldier, officer, standard bearer) andRGB codes. That didn't work as well. I then decided just to delete those rowsthat had "LOOKUP NOT FOUND" and maintained the rows that had theappropriate keys. And, you guessed it, it failed!

3) On my first attempts to get this mod working, I noticedthat the standard bearers did not have the right unit parts. Instead, theymimicked part-for-part the soldiers of their unit. But, as I experimented intrying to get the colors to stick, the standard bearers, somehow, became how Iwanted them. I am not sure if it meant anything, but I am hoping someone canfind enlightenment here.

4) When I do the BOB, I noticed that I only seem to make useof Working Data and Retail. Nothing seems to get selected under Raw Data.Perhaps I should select something under Raw Data?

5) When I was experimenting in exporting Tables, I wouldsometimes check or uncheck "Export Dependencies" and/or"Suppress XML Copy." Perhaps I am not exporting the table properly?

Please help! I have literally been at this all day! I thankyou all in advance!

Default Re: Unable to Modify Unit Color Configurations via Assembly Kit?!

Okay, if you had some screenshots, it would be easier to understand some things you have mentioned.

Okay, first, did you create any new unit parts? Or did you just use existing ones?
    If you are using existing models, see if in the map of the texture of that unit parts, that it has a "texture_colour_mask" file. If a unit part doesn't have a texture-mask file, than it can't overlay those colors you put in "uniform_to_faction_colours".
    If you are using an existing unit and you just want to replace the colors, than indeed you need change the colors, but you need to look which uniform it has (at uniforms), for the name of the uniform (for example: Default_Bandit_Hattori). And in the "uniforms_to faction_colours" you look for the name of the uniform (aka Default_Bandit_Hattori). If it's not there, you create a new tab and add the uniform name of the unit and change the color for the type of unit (officer, soldier, musician or standard_bearer).

If you finish, save it and open BOB and go to the "Raw data" => "EmpireDesignData" => "uniform_to_faction_colours.xml" (Data Export: Provider actions and Consumer actions) and go to "Retail" => "data" => "mod.pack" (to create a mod pack) and click Start.
    This will create a mod.pack file in your retail folder and a binary folder in your working data (in db).

Default Re: Unable to Modify Unit Color Configurations via Assembly Kit?!

Thank you for replying. But, I am afraid I did as you said and it still does not appear to be working. May I ask for further suggestions?