Thread: Allegience beta 2 arrived - some awesome new features as well as assembly kit

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Default Allegience beta 2 arrived - some awesome new features as well as assembly kit

According to the lastest dev blog on update 2 the new features look great. As well as usual balancing there's some big changes to things like heroism, a whole new decision-style system and the release of the assembly kit!

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/allegiance-update-beta-2

Taken from the above link:

Today the second version of the Allegiance beta is now available, which includes changes made as a result of feedback gained on the first beta as well as introducing other additions and changes to the game we have wanted to make. The big new addition is Decrees, a version of the Rites system from Total War: WARHAMMER II that allows players to make a choice to spend something in return for a bonus for a number of turns. We’ve also made large changes to mechanics like Heroism, Legitimacy, Tribute, Here King and introduced a new mechanic called the Burghal system for the English Kingdoms.

EDIT:

Seems like only Dave and BoB are working for me, Terry, Ted and the variant editor all throw errors that seem to mention Attila. Do we need Attila installed for those tools to work or something?

Last edited by Rewinged; August 02, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Allegience beta 2 arrived - some awesome new features as well as assembly kit

Another update.

Okay so first the Assembly Kit downloaded automatically after restarting steam. I started working on a mod, quit out to test something and there had been a ninja patch as well as ninja edits to the blog post saying you need to sign up for beta for Assembly Kit to use it. So I did that and it was somewhat working. Spent another 8-10 hours working on a mod, woke up today and it's gone AGAIN. This time they got rid of the beta branch completely and took out all mention of the assembly kit from the blog post too. So frustrating losing work over and over just because they can't decide if/when/how to release the mod tools -_-

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Allegience beta 2 arrived - some awesome new features as well as assembly kit

Itīs called beta for some reasons...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Yeah I understand that, Jack Lusted replied to me anyways, he said users were having more problems than expected so they've taken it down until it's more stable. In case anyone is interested I backed up the assembly kit before it was taken back down. I've had others say it all worked fine for them so may as well share it for anyone able to make use of it. Extract with 7zip, preferably in your Thrones of Britannia folder, just make sure to remove the Assembly kit from steam first in case it overwrites it again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IW...B_C7f2fmADxMh0

Thanks fam, keep us posted on news regarding the updates to the tools!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I wasn't expecting so many issues with TOB and Assembly Kit though.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Well at least they are working on it. With any luck they might even fix some of the problems from the Attila version like the buggy startpos compiling. It'll be nice to be able to just compile it without all the workarounds/moving files around

Do we know if we're ever going to get a variant editor for Thrones?