Thread: V1.6 - Money money money

Default V1.6 - Money money money

Hi !

I just started to play to COW 1.6 a few days ago. Great mod, great work, not so many bugs and the greatest pleasure of leading my armies in the world of Warhammer.
    I tried the campaign a half-dozens time, and each time I faced the problem of economy : at the begining the cities dont raise enough money to support the armies. Even without recruiting or building, withouth hiring mercenaries, and whereas I pressure my beloved taxpayers in the hardest way. After 10 turns its the debts, bankrupcy and the collapse of the troops by exhaustion, under the endless assaults of enemies spawning everywhere.
    Question is : is it normal ? is it playable ?

I'm slightly considering to cheat... or try the 1.5 version, hoping it would be better balanced...

Any clue from more experienced players ?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: V1.6 - Money money money

For the older version I made a submod that developed all cities and towns to the max so money wouldn't be an issue. If you want you can try to modify your faction starting position or something to enhance your standing grounds.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Default Re: V1.6 - Money money money

The economy is designed to be insanely difficult. In exchange merchants are capable of making much more money from the start compared to vanilla or most mods. My problem is that I've never liked merchants but without skillful deployment of them maintaining your finances is all but impossible.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!