Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMA: Hi! I'm Denethor, Steward of Gondor. Ask me anything!

Default Re: AMA: Hi! I'm Denethor, Steward of Gondor. Ask me anything!

The smallest comforts are those which soothe the soul while a father awaits the return of his son, Boromir.
    IS ... he back yet?

Indefinitely Banned

Hello sir. Do you like to travel? Do you drink beer?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The Steward returns to answer queries, despite tending tirelessly to the realm of his people...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Bo1Bo1Sha3 View Post
    How are we talking if it is 2018 and I have a computer while you are sitting in a room during some unknown era taking place in a fictional work by JRR Tolkien?

It is 3018 of the Third Age, my deranged subject, and you have just earned yourself a visitor's pass to the dungeon jail below. Enjoy thy stay, because your nonsense words of madness are welcomed there within the confines of your cell, not these grand and majestic halls, where they do not befit the presence of the steward of Gondor. Guards! Seize him! And cup bearer, bring me more wine. Dark are these days that must be filled with some form of pleasure and merriment, be it alcoholic and liquid in form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    I am most grateful for these clarifications Lord Denethor.
    There is still much to be clarified it seems.

Me? Never! I am but a simple scholar traveling from... Umbar, and collecting... folk stories, of various Northern and Eastern peoples that we Southerners from the Harad find... peculiarly interesting.
    South of the Anduin in Harondor is where you hail from, is it then? We have much to discuss if you have seen the enemy and his movements of late. Of which clan of the south do you belong and is it Dunedain blood that flows through your veins, no matter how diluted with Southrons over these many generations? Tell us what thy opinion is of the usurper Castamir. I think we would all like to hear it.

Of course not, noble Lord, I am merely seeking an advice from such a brilliant mind such is Yours.
    A wise choice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Of course not sire, a mere jest in good humour, nothing more. But I trust the Kingdom of Rohan would ride to Gondors aid!

Would you Steward, light the beacons in Gondor’s late hour?
    Horse lords of the Rohirrim are of little use to Gondor and they answer the call to aid their liege lord in a most delayed manner. If they were not so numerous and holding the whole of Calenardhon, I would see fit to have them punished for skirting their oaths of fealty. Besides, our brave and noble cavalry from Dol Amroth, our stout ax men of Lossarnach, and our hardy marines from Pelargir will come to the aid of the White City in dire need. Corsairs have raided our shores before, Orcs have penetrated the western side of the Anduin in days past, but as before we shall push them back once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    IS ... he back yet?
    He departed on a certain day that I shall not reveal, for such information is only privy to those in which I place my highest trust. You are not among such great and noble men, suspicious claimant as you are of being a servant of the heavens orchestrated by Eru Iluvatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Shogun Panther View Post
    Hello sir. Do you like to travel? Do you drink beer?
    Wine of the finest grapes is my preference, but if needs be and wine cannot accompany a far-flung journey then a stock of the finest golden mead from a suitable tavern will satisfy the Steward for a time.

Greetings, m'lord.

What are your opinions on growing feminist movement in Middle-Earth? In recent years, women have been spotted covertly joining Rohan's armed forces, and there are even disturbing rumours of a she-orc leading one of Mordor's armies.

Will you support inclusion of women in Gondor's armies or follow the example of elves, who allow women into highest positions in military and even government?

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

My lord.. how do you keep your hair so shiny and wavy? be it Maybelline?
    Last edited by Krieglord; September 03, 2018 at 03:55 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Lord Denethor, why did you set yourself on fire and then jump of a cliff. Were just indecisive or were you hoping to put out the fire?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

a true descendant of Numenoreans would have survived the jumping!

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Im sure our Lord Denethor was simply trying to rally the men with a display of courage..

Also might you give us some insight into your internal thoughts in this moment?

Last edited by Krieglord; September 04, 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12