Thread: [Resource pack for AE developers] - Ahiga's various panoplies v1 (Scale Corselets)

Default [Resource pack for AE developers] - Ahiga's various panoplies v1 (Scale Corselets)

If I wasn't so busy with projects I'd try and help you guys more directly, but I want to share some of the new assets I've done for DEI since I was planning on sharing it with you guys too.

Included below is a recent project I did there, where I updated the steppe scale cuirass model (and also a shoulderpadless one I forget the name of model wise). I did a number of variations and also did unmasked tunic variants with them. That is to say the tunics do not change colors based on faction or as you can tweak them to in the TWeak.

You will want to follow the guidance I mention for which tunics you need to use with it to avoid clipping issues.

The work is all my own (or Avetis, but we have a mutual sharing partnership) I believe, so there is no problems for you guys using it. NOTE: This has no utility for a player to drop in, since it isn't assigned to any units or any equipment VMDs. This is just for AE developers or sub-mod developers to utilize as they equip units/make VMDs.

Alright, here you guys go.

@DEI_Scale_Cuirass_Eastern_Bronze_1
    @DEI_Scale_Cuirass_Eastern_Bronze_2
    @DEI_Scale_Cuirass_Eastern_Iron_1
    @DEI_Scale_Cuirass_Eastern_Iron_2
    @DEI_Scale_Cuirass_Eastern_Horn_Leather_1
    @DEI_Scale_Cuirass_Eastern_Horn_Leather_2

^ Each of those groups have 3 per VMD. So it's 3 Bronze cuirasses in Eastern Bronze 1 , 3 in Eastern Bronze 2. Meaning you have 6 bronze cuirasses (on steppe armor model), 6 iron cuirasses, 6 horn/leather cuirasses. You could combine them into one, but the VMD limit of 5 means there's an odd man out.

@DEI_undertunic_Eastern_Drab_A
    @DEI_undertunic_Eastern_Drab_B
    @DEI_undertunic_Eastern_decorated_A
    @DEI_undertunic_Eastern_decorated_B

^ Each of these has 5 tunics (maybe the drab has 3, I forget) They are alpha channeled to specifically work with @DEI_Scale_Cuirass_Eastern, and will not work with other models I'd think or it'll look off. Drab is colored and undyed hues with no decorum. Meant for lower/middle tier troops. Decorated are ornate Achaemenid style tunics (indeed using designs I already shared with you guys I think), so should be used for middle and high tier units. None are masked, meaning the colors are the same regardless of faction.

@DEI_SCALE_CORSELET deal with shorter (hip length versus Eastern cuirass being mid thigh) cuirasses. You need to use either @DEI_undertunic_corselet_shortsleeve_A or B or @DEI_Undertunic_corselet_longsleeve_drab_A or B or @DEI_undertunic_corselet_longsleeve_decorated_A or B with it.

All material in this resource pack has the prefix @DEI. So just search for that on TWeak.

In armour/ you will see @DEI_COMPLETE_SET_. You can use these or refer to them as a template for how to set up armor from this pack. I have included a template of all the basic armor setups I've made for this set. You can see them here:

Leftmost is the short sleeve corselet look. It needs to have a standard R2 legs/arms with it.

Center is the corselet with long sleeve and pants. Should be 10 drab options (undecorated) in 2 VMDs, and 10 decorated in Eastern style in 2 VMDs. Rightmost is Eastern scale cuirass style. Should be 10 drab and 10 decorated in 2 VMDs each (so 4 VMD total). In terms of the scale cuirasses they are the ones I've screencapped from before. Around 6 Iron eastern scale (Mid thigh),6 bronze, 6 horn/leather. I forget how many hip-length scale cuirasses but something like 5 bronze, 5 iron, 5 "Roman" (with the mantle piece), and 5 quilted.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uf...B7a6SS6Frm4Aaj

They already have sprites assigned to them. I used my 3CC sprites which are a brass and iron version for armor, and for tunic and pants I used an off/white (tunic) and brown (pants) because I found at least with my 3CC stuff (Where Romans are often in brown pants and off white tunics) it looks less jarring than when you go from vanilla bright sprites of a faction color to actual outfit. Feel free to change it.
    Last edited by Ahiga; July 29, 2018 at 07:56 AM.

Default Re: [Resource pack for AE developers] - Ahiga's various panoplies v1 (Scale Corselets)

Thank you Ahiga for sharing these wonderful assets! We will treat them as royalty
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Default Re: [Resource pack for AE developers] - Ahiga's various panoplies v1 (Scale Corselets)

Sounds good Sheridan. I'll have more forthcoming as I complete stuff for DEI. If there's anything in FOTE you guys need feel free to grab it. I am pretty sure anything you'd need will not be from outside of the mod's team so I don't think you need to copy our credits.