Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

Is there a list of all the new units included in this mod? I think Isengard has some explosive cart unit but I can't see it in custom battles. I'd like to play around with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by piratesfordragon View Post
    Is there a list of all the new units included in this mod? I think Isengard has some explosive cart unit but I can't see it in custom battles. I'd like to play around with all of them.
    There is a bomb cart unit, Mordor and Isengard can use it. If you want to get it, on the battlemap selection screen set period from early to high, late, or all. Pay attention, though, because if you choose all, you cannot play Northern Dúnedain: they have so many units altogether due to the Beacon of Hope system, that the game will crash then.

Quote Originally Posted by altilagi View Post
    Does this mod work with the total war submod? Mod looks great, currently downloading and excited to give it a try!
    Of course, it doesn't.

@beleroy - I'm not sure if installing HE over 2.1 will work. But I am sure that DAC 2.2 is stable and works fine so you probably had a problem with your installation. I would strongly encourage you to update to 2.2 and make sure it is working fine before installing HE.

thanks, i've succeeded to install heirs of elendil. i've been helped at discord.

Amazing work done here, I always missed the function of unite arnor on DaC but now with your submod I can!
    I liked a lot the roster of Cardolan, so far the campaign is running smooth and its been a ton of fun.

Keep the good work!

Hey loving the submod, was orginally confused about how uniting each of the kingdoms worked but figured it out. However i do have a few suggestions/ questions.
    1. Can Isenguard still build sawmills? been doing a playthrough but havent been able to build it even after building most other building and barracks event.
    2. Is it normal for dwarves of ered luin to attack Dunedain? It seems weird since they are suppose to stop caring about issues but instead as soon as they accepted the ring, they goto war with me even if there is a rebel region between us
    3. Are the gunabad guard meant to keep their shield wall despite now being 2 handed units?
    4. Would it be possible to give each of the main dunedain unique bodyguards matching their mini faction? For example Aerenia instead of steel bows, she has Girithlin Arbalist Guard and Coruven having troll hunters. Perhaps even remove blade masters from Aragorn and instead give him vets of umbar so you give hailberad(at the moment hailberad can single handedly win wars because of his body guard)
    5. you might want to nerf Aragorn army on his return. The 3 vets + aragorn blademasters are enough to steam roll through isenguard and dunland towns or even a few other places on the way back to your starting position. maybe lower the number of vets he has by 1?

@heavenoverhell - Thanks for the feedback!

1. Looks like they cannot because the hidden resource HiddenI is missing from the Isengard region. However, Heirs of Elendil does not make this change (it is also missing in the vanilla DAC files). I suppose the building was cut. We may experiment with adding it back in now that you mention it.

2. It is not unexpected, that's for sure. Especially if you weren't allied with them before they accepted the ring.

3. No, they are not (nor are they supposed to have stakes). Thanks.

4. We are probably going to swap out the three Ranger Captains' BG units when they unite their kingdoms in the next version. But their starting BGs will probably stay the same because the post-kingdom-unification units would be unthematic (i.e., if Cardolan isn't united but you still have an OP post-unification Cardolan unit).

5. The Aragorn RPG is going to be completely overhauled in the next version. What will probably happen is that he gets one unit for most of the quests he completes during his wandering when he returns to Imladris. The Umbar Veterans are already trainable at Umbar and they will simply become more trainable there as the Gondor/ND unit that comes from that region.

@Callistonian

Downloaded and been playing a TON over the back half of last week and this weekend, am super enjoying it. I have a few questions, listed below. As a bit of subtext, I'm around turn 180 or so (really taking my time, and doing a lot of roleplay stuff, which this submod is amazing for!), and have pretty much everything West of the MM (and parts of the Misty and Grey Mountains, half the Vale of Anduin) sans Lindon and Ered Luin's usual stomping ground, and settlements south of the Isen river. All my custom generals (Aragorn, Halbarad, Coruven, and Aerenia) are alive, though I do have Gandalf the White at this point. I went with the Arthedain successor kingdom path first, and by now Arnor is reunited and am getting all the Arnor units, and all the Rhudaur units are active and recruitable for me.

1- I've reunited Arnor, and I'm not getting any of the unique Cardolan units (Riders/Reclaimers/Defenders) or the Girthlin Arbalist Guard, only the Line Infantry, Regulars, and Archers. I was under the impression that once I reunited Arnor, I would get all the other kingdom-specific unique units unlocked. Even if the Cardolan units are still locked to the point-generation, surely I would have accumulated enough points by now to unlock them.

2- I've noticed that my Eriador units (retainers, archers, spearmen) are disappearing from my recruitment options in settlements they were previously able to be recruited at; as in, the unit card isn't even present (as opposed to just being grayed out) in the recruitment area. Are they somehow tied to town or city tier? Earlier on, they were recruitable, even alongside Cardolan Defenders/Line Infantry/Archers but seemed to be getting phased out.

3- I also never received the 'random Cardolan units spawning from time to time in Aerenia's army', is that mechanic tied only if you go the route of choosing Cardolan first?

4- This is a bit of a request, but, is it possible to have the Eriador Spearmen get similar reskins as you upgrade as the archers/retainers? The sword/archer units do, and so the spearmen is an odd-man out in terms of appearance. I'm a sucker for uniformity in my armies, and so I actually spend quite a bit of time pairing units with similar looks in my army comps, especially in the later portions of the game where I don't have to worry about optimizing my comps, and the upgraded retainers (esp. the silver tier) look great with some other Arnor units.

@Reign_SSB Thanks for the feedback.

1. Those two Cardolan pathway units aren't available because the script that makes the successor units available post-Arnor unification doesn't change the necessary variable to unlock them. This is an easy fix in EDB and it will be save game compatible. If you contact me on Discord, I can send you the file.

2. Looks like the Retainer units do indeed get phased out unintentionally in the 1.2 files. They are only available from the first level of castle militia barracks. Again, I can send you a file that fixes this.

3. Yes, that only happens if you are on the Cardolan pathway.

4. This is a good idea that we will implement for the next version as well as upgrading the unit UI when Arnor is united.

@Callistonian

Thanks a ton for the responses, I very much appreciate it (and love the idea of upgrading unit UI post-unification)!
    I'll make sure to join the discord channel this evening/tomorrow evening and request those files from you.

Lovely work with this mod and handling the oft-requested unification in a great way, and I'm definitely looking forward to future versions!

@Reign_SSB

@Callistonian

Wow, that was way quicker than I expected! Love it , and very much appreciate you taking the time to do it. Can't wait to see them in the next version! Thanks so much!

Hey,

First of all, I want to thank you for amazing mod, which gives me a lot of fun!

But I have some strange bug with reforming Reunited Kingdom - I've fullfilled all conditions and script still doesn't work:

- Turn 120
    - ND-> Arthedain-> Arnor
    - Alliance with Gondor (I know it isn't a requirment)
    - Minas Tirith and W. Osgiliath under Gondor control, E.Osgiliath, Annúminas and Minas Ithil are mine
    -Aragorn somehow doesn't have Narsil or Anduril (but i've completed quest in Harad and placed him in Imladris)
    - I have to admit, that I've cheated for gold and added population in Annúminas (and I've changed name to Annuminas) - I play mostly fore fun

So, do you have any idea how to fix it (for ex. using console command)? I can upload my save if you want.

Thanks,

Is Gondor supposed to be getting soundly defeated by Mordor by turn 30-40? Minas Tirith has been taken twice along with Osgiliath and Cair Andros, and they're starting to attack the other settlements. Is this common or a fluke with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @Reign_SSB

Amazing, but their spears seem to be in need of correct textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Biniu View Post
    Hey,

But I have some strange bug with reforming Reunited Kingdom - I've fullfilled all conditions and script still doesn't work:

- Turn 120
    - ND-> Arthedain-> Arnor
    - Minas Tirith and W. Osgiliath under Gondor control, E.Osgiliath, Annúminas and Minas Ithil are mine
    -Aragorn somehow doesn't have Narsil or Anduril (but i've completed quest in Harad and placed him in Imladris)
    - I have to admit, that I've cheated for gold and added population in Annúminas (and I've changed name to Annuminas) - I play mostly fore fun

So, do you have any idea how to fix it (for ex. using console command)? I can upload my save if you want.

Thanks,
    The script fires, when all four required settlements are in one faction's hand. So either Gondor has Minas Tirith, W. Osgiliath, E. Osgiliath and Minas Morgul, or the Northern Dúnedain have all four. So you just have to give E. Osgiliath and Minas Ithil to Gondor. You will get them back right away.

Thanks a lot, It worked!

I have another question - is HoE compatible with this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D)-for-DACV2-2 ?

Thanks a lot, It worked!

I have another question - is HoE compatible with this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D)-for-DACV2-2 ?
    You are welcome!

Please, correct me, if I am wrong, but I am sure that they're not compatible.
    Last edited by Hirundo; October 17, 2018 at 05:44 PM.

Hey,

- Turn 120
    - ND-> Arthedain-> Arnor

Thanks,
    How are u able to reunite arnor and coquer minas thirit,osgiligath,minas ithil?