Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @NoldorinElves - Those are non-fatal errors which are not causing your crash. What faction is the save for and what turn number? Do you have any earlier saves you can revert to?
    Okay so far so good no crash is happening this time although i'm i still concerned about that mid turn crash but i swear if that problem happen again i will report to you right away

Thanks Callistonian, so finally I gave my blessings to him, and he is currently enjoying the honeymonn at Carn Dum

So far everything worked fine, no crash after 45 turns. One minor observation: in regards to the unification for Rhudaur, the in-game message(what I got upon hitting Z) says I need two peripheral region, instead of three.

@Orkmann - You should only need 2 peripheral regions plus the four core regions for Rhudaur. You may have purchased/traded for one of the regions which didn't count towards the total.

Hmm, I have all four cores, plus Rhudaur Lowlands and Mountains of Gram. Conquered all of them, no trading. The script however, triggered only after taking Goblin's town. Also, in the first page of this thread, under scripts you wrote it takes 3 peripherals, so that's why I assumed that is the correct one.

Interesting. Well, I have edited the OP but it may well require 3 peripherals currently. At any rate this system will most likely be changed in the next version to something more logical.

@Hirundo - Gondor will not be able to unite the Reunited Kingdom, as such. But we may implement a script for Gondor to bring the Northern Dunedain rangers under their dominion if certain conditions are met.
    The lovliest thing would be a script where aragorn comes to aid gondor and then he can reunite ot
    Cuz aragorn is the one that unites not the northern or the southern dunedains

BTW im playing with gondor now and il try to find liking in the unit roster.

Will the mod be updated for a new upcoming version of Divide and Conquer?

@PavleSubich - I would like that as well, the problem is synchronizing Aragorn's arrival at Minas Tirith with an attack from Mordor or some other enemy without it being completely artificial.

Civis

I am playing ND and have started the Cardolan event. When I press z I get the Cardolan requirements so I expect the script is working. I was wondering how I make the crypt? I have conquered Barrow downs, but I dont get any build option for it. I have already built the Tharbad bridge, both upper and lower part, no event triggered. Not sure if that is ok. A small guidancewould be appreciated
    I love your mod so far. Just need some directions.

Regards

Trym

@PavleSubich - I would like that as well, the problem is synchronizing Aragorn's arrival at Minas Tirith with an attack from Mordor or some other enemy without it being completely artificial.
    Maybe it could be trigered by osgiligat or minas thirt being besiged or sending a diplomat to stay one turn at the N Dunedain capital

Were there any aragorn arival scripts in other mods/submods?

@Trym - You still need to reach 350 points for unification even if Tharbad bridge has been rebuilt. This may take some time depending on how many Cardolan regions you control.

@PavleSubich - I may try to come up with something for this actually. I've been meaning to incorporate the Oathbreakers into some sort of script beyond just "Aragorn stands in Edoras for a couple turns".

Civis

OK, I also understand you need to get Fornost and Barrow downs to grow to next level to rebuild/make crypt.
    Another "problem?";
    At about turn 70 I sent out an expedition by sea to help Gondor against Mordor. Mordor has already taken the main cities and are advancing west. Got a river crossing event. I conquered Minas Tirith and both Osligath parts. But when I make the Muster field building; In East Osligath I can recruit nothing at all. In Wast Osligath and Minas Tirith I can recruit basic Gondor sword, spear and archer troops, but I have to wait 99 turns?? Is this correct?
    I also think I had the "better barracks" event, but I got no new troops, but I have still not been able to form Cardolan.
    I guess I have to wait even more. I have all the Cardolan lands. I am at turn 78 atm. (And yes, been injecting gold via console.. sorry )

Do u need to upgrade any of the osgiligats to form the united kingdom?

@Tyrm - It looks like that it is how we set it up for Gondor units pre-Reunited Kingdom. The idea is that they really aren't available until the RK event, although it is pretty silly to taunt you with a 99 turn wait so we will probably make basic militia available pre-RK in the next version. As far as Cardolan goes, you will just have to be sure you have met all the conditions in the objectives, the script has been confirmed to work. If you have met all conditions and control all Cardolan regions, it should take no time at all to reach 350 points although there is unfortunately no way of displaying how many points you have.

@PavleSubich - You do not need to upgrade Osgiliath to form the Reunited Kingdom.

Drevlianin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaberking View Post
    Will the mod be updated for a new upcoming version of Divide and Conquer?
    +1

But I will try this MOD anyway
    So many scripts! Wow!!!!!!!!

Version 2.0 of Heirs of Elendil is being built on top of DAC 2.2. When the next version of DAC is released at some point in the future, we will eventually get around to porting Heirs of Elendil to that version. We do not have a firm time table for V 2.0 nor are we aware of any release dates for the next version of DAC. I will say that porting HE to the next version of DAC will take quite a long time so do not expect it to happen as soon as the next version of DAC drops.

I began my first campaign at HE yesterday.
    Despite poor stability I like it! It's the fresh wind =)

Searching for Tol Fuin was interesting quest!
    Thank you!
    But it's something strange that there is domination of dunedain culture in Himling.
    I think that settlement must be more elvish.

Civis

The mod is rock stable if you apply the long adress aware. I tried first without it and I got CTD all the time. After I applied it I have had no clars at all.
    I dont remember where I found mine, but there is one at ModDB that might work. ( https://www.moddb.com/downloads/large-address-aware1)
    I think it let 32 bit games use more memory. Correct me if I am wrong....

Trym

Laetus

Hello! I'm really enjoying DaC and Heirs of Elendil so far, but I wanted to let you guys know of an issue I ran into after installing Heirs of Elendil (V1.1 + 1.2 Patch - V1.1 from ModDB and 1.2 from MediaFire). Note that this was with a clean, functioning DaC 2.2.

When I ran the .bat, the menu loading screen flashed briefly, then returned to desktop with no error.

From the "system.log.txt":
    Code:
    02:53:14.120 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 15, column 14Invalid building name <guild_masons_guild>
    02:53:14.138 [game.script.trigger] [info] 
    Event triggers information:
    I was able to find the culprit fairly quickly thanks to this excellent debugging tool; shout-out to Callistonian for his setup video. Anyway, the file "export_descr_guilds.txt" has these lines:

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Guild masons_guild
        building guild_masons_guild
        levels  100 250 500
    ...but the corresponding "guild_masons_guild" doesn't exist in the file "export_descr_buildings.txt". Where the entry exists in DaC, between the "guild_assassins_muslim_guild" and "guild_merchants_guild", it is absent in the corresponding "Heirs of Elendil" file. I tried putting the building information from the DaC file into the HE file, but that didn't work. So instead I got rid of the line in "export_descr_guilds.txt", and the game booted up just fine.

I'm assuming this was intentional, as the Mason's Guild is removed in both versions of HE (1.1 / 1.2). However, I'm guessing the "export_descr_guilds.txt" file is supposed to be regenerated or included with HE, but is not (or was not in my case.)