Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    How are u able to reunite arnor and coquer minas thirit,osgiligath,minas ithil?
    Are you interested about the features of the script or my playstyle?

I downloaded and followed the installation steps but the shortcut and the bat file launches Medieval 2. Also, how do you install the patch?

Hm my game crashed with unspecified error anyone else encounter this error?

@altar360 - you need to be sure that the folder in which you have installed HE is named "Third_Age_3_HE" and not "Third_Age_3" or anything else (or alternatively, you have changed the .cfg and .bat files to whatever your folder is named, although these files are already set up for Third_Age_3_HE so it is probably easier to just rename the folder.

@NoldorinElves - When does this crash happen? When launching? At the end of a turn? When loading a battle? Does anything show up in the log?

Quote Originally Posted by NoldorinElves View Post
    Hm my game crashed with unspecified error anyone else encounter this error?
    Apply LAA

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @altar360 - you need to be sure that the folder in which you have installed HE is named "Third_Age_3_HE" and not "Third_Age_3" or anything else (or alternatively, you have changed the .cfg and .bat files to whatever your folder is named, although these files are already set up for Third_Age_3_HE so it is probably easier to just rename the folder.

@NoldorinElves - When does this crash happen? When launching? At the end of a turn? When loading a battle? Does anything show up in the log?
    Now I just feel silly. I checked letter by letter to see if there was a typo. The HE was spacebarred once away from the underscore. But the space was so tiny I didn't notice. So I backspaced and now it launches. But it crashes on the opening title screen. Would adding the patch be a simple fix for that?

It happen right in the middle of a turn change when i'm about to attack goblin town then boom crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirundo View Post
    Are you interested about the features of the script or my playstyle?
    Iknow what i have to do to unite the kingdoms.
    I recreated arthedain and then arnor but when i conqured edenwaith,dunland and isengard mordor conqured gondor
    Maybe i should have helpt gondor after i became arnor?
    But then i have to ignore edenwaith clans who will spam armies and attack me
    Gondor is so far away and it is a nightmare to send reinforcment there and that mordor spam is impšosible to handle.
    Alies are idiots,dol amroth knights lose ewerything wery fast,rohan holds on but only at edoras and helms deep,everything else they lose

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

I still can't get tired of playing this awsome submod! But, pray tell me Callistonian, is there anyway to give Gondor the standard General's Infantry Bodyguard of regular DAC?

@Altar360 - Sounds like you maybe didn't install the mod correctly as there should be no issue launching. You should definitely apply the LAA patch regardless of whether or not that is related to the crash.

@NoldorinElves - Sounds like something that shows up in the log file. I have a YouTube video here https://youtu.be/FDX-IR7Xe5I?t=462 There are ways that the submod can cause end turn crashes and these will probably show up in the log. There are also just end turn crashes in DAC that don't show up in the log and have never been fixed so I recommend that you save your campaigns as I show in the video.

@Kindjal83 - You can give Gondor their infantry BG but it will require some modding. All of the assets and data are still present (except perhaps the small/large UI). You would need to get the EDU data and UI from DAC and that would be it. But you should also be aware that the infantry BG model has been repurposed in HE as the final armor upgrade for the Gondor spearmen.

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    Iknow what i have to do to unite the kingdoms.
    I recreated arthedain and then arnor but when i conqured edenwaith,dunland and isengard mordor conqured gondor
    Maybe i should have helpt gondor after i became arnor?
    But then i have to ignore edenwaith clans who will spam armies and attack me
    Gondor is so far away and it is a nightmare to send reinforcment there and that mordor spam is impšosible to handle.
    Alies are idiots,dol amroth knights lose ewerything wery fast,rohan holds on but only at edoras and helms deep,everything else they lose
    I don't know, what are you doing wrong, in my campaign I could easily deal with Enedwaith, Dunland and Angmar, so I could send an army to Gondor. Dol Amroth has fallen, but I re-took the stronghold, thus establishing a foothold, which I used to get Osgiliath. By holding Osgiliath, Gondor was defended, and by a quick offensive I got Minas Morgul, and I reunited the kingdom.

What helped me a lot was diplomacy. I never actually destroyed Enedwaith, Dunland and Angmar, I just used diplomacy against them. I took some territories from Angmar, which I did not need, and offeref to give them back to them in exchange for peace. They accepted, and never attacked me again, because they were constantly in war with the Blue Mountains. Enedwaith was at war with Lindon and Dunland, so I invaded them, fought my way to the sea, and they were glad, when I offered a peace. From the ports which I now secured, I sent my armies to Dol Amroth, to aid Gondor. And I dealt with Dunland the same way I dealt with Angmar. You know, there is a reason this mod is called Divide and Conquer.

@Altar360 - Sounds like you maybe didn't install the mod correctly as there should be no issue launching. You should definitely apply the LAA patch regardless of whether or not that is related to the crash.

@NoldorinElves - Sounds like something that shows up in the log file. I have a YouTube video here https://youtu.be/FDX-IR7Xe5I?t=462 There are ways that the submod can cause end turn crashes and these will probably show up in the log. There are also just end turn crashes in DAC that don't show up in the log and have never been fixed so I recommend that you save your campaigns as I show in the video.

@Kindjal83 - You can give Gondor their infantry BG but it will require some modding. All of the assets and data are still present (except perhaps the small/large UI). You would need to get the EDU data and UI from DAC and that would be it. But you should also be aware that the infantry BG model has been repurposed in HE as the final armor upgrade for the Gondor spearmen.
    Alrighty, guess I'll retry it. So how do I install the patch?

@Altar360 - You just drop the data folder from the 1.2 download onto your existing data folder and start a new campaign.

Now it's different this time trying to load a save game crashed my game, tho this what the log says :

19:00:03.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 16250, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scripts (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    19:00:05.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 7638, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(MinasIthilLiberator) level(Minas_Ithil_Saviour_effects_desc).

Quote Originally Posted by Hirundo View Post
    I don't know, what are you doing wrong, in my campaign I could easily deal with Enedwaith, Dunland and Angmar, so I could send an army to Gondor. Dol Amroth has fallen, but I re-took the stronghold, thus establishing a foothold, which I used to get Osgiliath. By holding Osgiliath, Gondor was defended, and by a quick offensive I got Minas Morgul, and I reunited the kingdom.

What helped me a lot was diplomacy. I never actually destroyed Enedwaith, Dunland and Angmar, I just used diplomacy against them. I took some territories from Angmar, which I did not need, and offeref to give them back to them in exchange for peace. They accepted, and never attacked me again, because they were constantly in war with the Blue Mountains. Enedwaith was at war with Lindon and Dunland, so I invaded them, fought my way to the sea, and they were glad, when I offered a peace. From the ports which I now secured, I sent my armies to Dol Amroth, to aid Gondor. And I dealt with Dunland the same way I dealt with Angmar. You know, there is a reason this mod is called Divide and Conquer.
    HAAHHA! U can get something usefull from diplomacy?
    LOL i always destroyed angmar and eweryone and had to deal wit those last stand spam armies.
    I didnt know that u can get lasting truces cuz it didnt make no sense to me being at peace with morgoth folowers.
    THANK U!
    Last edited by PavleSubich; October 21, 2018 at 07:26 PM.

@NoldorinElves - Those are non-fatal errors which are not causing your crash. What faction is the save for and what turn number? Do you have any earlier saves you can revert to?

QUESTION: Are we going to see a possibility in one of the future releases to reunite the kingdom playing as Gondor?
    Last edited by Hirundo; October 22, 2018 at 01:55 PM.

@Hirundo - Gondor will not be able to unite the Reunited Kingdom, as such. But we may implement a script for Gondor to bring the Northern Dunedain rangers under their dominion if certain conditions are met.

Hi Callistonian, great work, the mod adds nice content to ND! I need your advise on a rather sensitive topic though. I am around t 30, got the sword from Elrond but since his return from Umbar, Aragorn is getting bombarded with marriage offers at the start of every turn. Should I let him to explore the local talent, or he is better to focus on the war for now (waiting for fate solving the matter)?

PS: does anybody know what Rhudaur law says about divorce???

@Orkmann - I encourage everyone to just marry him off since the "scripted marriages" aren't true marriages recognized by the game. There may or may not be a partial fix for that situation in the next version.