Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

@Skibir - I encourage you to update to V 1.1 where that issue has been resolved.

@altilagi - There is no "total war" sub-sub-submod set up for Heirs of Elendil. Maybe that is something we will do for the next version.

@Kindjal83 - After you get the Shards of Narsil at Imladris, Aragorn's quest is "over" in the sense that now he has rejoined with the rest of the faction to unite Arnor. But you can still get the Oathbreakers at Edoras at any time after this.

oh i didnt know that cuz there are no oathbreakers in the custom

The 1.2 patch is now live.

Major Features
    - Last Stand armies, AI bankrupcy prevention script, and dynamic garrisons have all been made optional settings at the campaign start.
    - Little maps show the required core and periphery regions for the 3 successor kingdoms' objectives.
    - Northern Dunedain's starting disposition has been randomized for replayability. The patch also fixes a lot of minor bugs like silver surfers and spawn coordinates for scripts.

Please note that the patch requires a working installation of V 1.1 and is not save game compatible. Please check the first page for the full change log.

hi people, i have a personnel request, i know this is not the right place ( sorry Callistonian ) but could someone change the imladris bodyguards for me? it´s very simple. it´s just change their helmets for the arnorian winged ones, and the annúminas knights shields. i want to make them a special royal guard elite. i know people have their one projects but this is really very tiny change and i would be very grateful

in my opinion, the most interesting submod for dac so far
    Last edited by ulfi; October 03, 2018 at 06:52 AM.

Great mod just wondering though after you go to Rivendell and your given the Shards of Narsil should you get a script (next turn) to reforge it?, Im at Turn 45 and have recreated Arthedain just wondering if Aragorn needs Anduril to claim the kingship of Arthedain because Halbarad is currently steward
    "The when Fingon heard afar the great trumpet of Turgon his brother, the shadow passed and his heart was uplifted, and he shouted aloud: "Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered crying: "Auta i lómë! The night is passing!"" (Silmarillion, Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad

Fingon, High king of the Noldor

@Jmcd08 - Aragorn should get Anduril once Arnor has been united. It is an effect, not a condition of that script.

Oh ok thank you must of got mixed up with the script from Dac
    "The when Fingon heard afar the great trumpet of Turgon his brother, the shadow passed and his heart was uplifted, and he shouted aloud: "Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered crying: "Auta i lómë! The night is passing!"" (Silmarillion, Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad

Fingon, High king of the Noldor

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Amazing submod!

Been playing on v2.1 because I dislike v2.2 but my body is now ready for this Quick question though do I need to install the dwarven overhaul on top of this before installing this or directly install this on top of v2.2? Sorry if its been mentioned already but I can't find the answer.

Okay i need some help there. How to get Aragorn? I was unable to defeat that full army in umbar, so i just took the city, and got some text which didnt explain anything what's next. Then i returned him by ship to Rivendell, hoping it will trigger something, but waiting for 7 turns did nothing. Turn 45 right now. Do i have to Rebuild Arthedain first?

@Zhodster - You do not need the Dwarven Overhaul for HE V1.1+1.2. The necessary files are already included.

@Nirandon - The Thorongil quest can only progress if 1) the Haven Captain is defeated or 2) the quest fails before Thorongil lands at Umbar or after the Haven Captain is defeated. If the quest fails after Thorongil lands at Umbar but before the Haven Captain is defeated, you get stuck in the Twilight Zone because there is currently no contingency for that in the script. If you are planning on doing the Thorongil quest, you really need to win that battle. If you were unable to win that battle, it should have been virtually impossible to then capture the settlement of Umbar without using console commands. My first suggestion would be to restart from the point of the Haven Captain battle and make sure you win it. But if you really want to continue your campaign, you can try killing the Haven Captain character if he still exists on the map. That might allow Thorongil to still spawn as Aragorn north of Ithilien depending on the turn number.

I played till turn 200 or something like that and easterlings won
    Gondor was destroyed,erebor,wodland elves,dale and from the evil factions only mountain orcs werent destroyed by me but isengard,angmar,dunlendings and edenwaith clans were destroyed by me.

It took to long for me to rebuild arnor and i atacked dunland,edenwaith instean of helping gondor now i dont feel like playing anymore with the dunedains and i dislike gondor in mods cuz they have so many fantasy units and so lees cool movie units alsov no cool caracter like gandalf and aragorn.

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    It took to long for me to rebuild arnor and i atacked dunland,edenwaith instean of helping gondor now i dont feel like playing anymore with the dunedains and i dislike gondor in mods cuz they have so many fantasy units and so lees cool movie units alsov no cool caracter like gandalf and aragorn.
    You heretic! How dare you say that about Gondor?

What do you mean by fantasy units? Which are not in the movies? Because every single unit of every faction, except Imladris, Misty Mountains, Lothlorien, Rohan, Gondor, Mordor, Isengard, Harad, Rhun, Erebor, Woodland Realm and Dale, and most of these factions' units, too, are not in the movies. They are not against the lore, though, take the Axemen of Lossarnach for example.

And Gondor has maybe the best set of cool characters: Boromir, Faramir, Forlong, Duinhir - all of them are ing heroes. With very good bodyguard units, too.

I knowbut look at the mordor units.All those orcs are so belivable. They all look like something mordor has while gondor units have leather armor or maybe not even that And then u have those kilt guys i dont know what they are called.
    Somehow i dont like gondor units except those laters and Gondor has no cool main caracters except maybe boromir and he is not even a king like aragorn.
    Last edited by PavleSubich; October 12, 2018 at 08:09 AM.

Hey love the mod, haven't upgraded to 1.2 since I was already partway through a campaign for 1.1. Anyways I've been unable to reunite with Gondor and I can't figure out why. Maybe it is just because I'm not in 1.2, but I have fulfilled the requirements needed, its turn 150, I took Minas Ithil, and Gondor has the Osgiliaths, and Cair Andros. I of course completed Aragorn's quest by bringing him to Imladris long ago in my campaign and already have had control of Arnor. Is there something I could have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Bum View Post
    Hey love the mod, haven't upgraded to 1.2 since I was already partway through a campaign for 1.1. Anyways I've been unable to reunite with Gondor and I can't figure out why. Maybe it is just because I'm not in 1.2, but I have fulfilled the requirements needed, its turn 150, I took Minas Ithil, and Gondor has the Osgiliaths, and Cair Andros. I of course completed Aragorn's quest by bringing him to Imladris long ago in my campaign and already have had control of Arnor. Is there something I could have missed?
    I looked into the scripts, and they are the problem. Of Minas Tirith, the two Osgiliaths, and Minas Morgul either Gondor has to have all four, or the Northern Dúnedain has to have all four. Just send a diplomat and give Minas Morgul (/Minas Ithil) to Gondor.

@Universal Bum - As Hirundo has already said, it's an either/or for all four of the regions. I don't have separate conditions for every possible ownership combination for the four settlements as that would be quite a long script. I could have also used a single counter incremented when Gondor/ND or others capture those settlements, but it would fail for the case where someone purchases a settlement. We are planning on changing those conditions in the next version of the mod to something less silly.

@Callistonian @Hirundo - Thanks I will gift it over to Gondor so that I can finally unite the kingdom. I was afraid I bugged out the script somehow haha.

can one play at Heirs of Elendil with dac 2.1 only?
    i have not managed to install dac 2.2, it crashes from the start!