Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

Hello there! Another question regarding the submod. I managed to reclaim Arthedain, the script triggered if i wanted to reunite Arthedain, i said yes, then i got a pop up saying that rhudaur is making alliance with Angmar. Long story short, Angmar is at 2 settlements, i managed to reforge Arnor and i got Cardolani units as well (because i choosed to be able to recruit all the AOR units in Arnor at the beginning of the game). However i dont have any of the Rhudaur units, do i must wipe out Angmar completely? Or should i redo a full campaign to wipe out Angmar before reuniting any of the kingdom, in order to get rhudaur units?

@Gollum my precious - Most of the Rhudaur units will not be available in version 1.0 simply because the Rhudaur Barracks building can't be built unless you pick Rhudaur. This has been fixed in version 1.1.

@all

Despite several weeks of pre-release playtesting, a lot of the scripts in Heirs of Elendil are not working or are not working exactly as intended. I have fixed a lot of these issues in V 1.1, but I have decided not to release the patch until I have had a chance to thoroughly playtest everything for myself. And with school now resumed and my attention almost completely diverted from this project, I can't honestly say how long that will take. For now, the project is on hold.

I know a lot of people have already started campaigns with HE only to find that certain scripts don't work and I sincerely apologize for that. At this time, I would encourage you to not start a campaign with V 1.0 of this submod and to simply wait until V 1.1 is released. Once 1.1 is released, I would encourage you to check the Discord to see if other people (perhaps those more willing to be testers) have reported success with the scripts. I will leave V 1.0 up for download since I don't know when I will be able to post 1.1. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @Gollum my precious - Most of the Rhudaur units will not be available in version 1.0 simply because the Rhudaur Barracks building can't be built unless you pick Rhudaur. This has been fixed in version 1.1.

@all

Despite several weeks of pre-release playtesting, a lot of the scripts in Heirs of Elendil are not working or are not working exactly as intended. I have fixed a lot of these issues in V 1.1, but I have decided not to release the patch until I have had a chance to thoroughly playtest everything for myself. And with school now resumed and my attention almost completely diverted from this project, I can't honestly say how long that will take. For now, the project is on hold.

I know a lot of people have already started campaigns with HE only to find that certain scripts don't work and I sincerely apologize for that. At this time, I would encourage you to not start a campaign with V 1.0 of this submod and to simply wait until V 1.1 is released. Once 1.1 is released, I would encourage you to check the Discord to see if other people (perhaps those more willing to be testers) have reported success with the scripts. I will leave V 1.0 up for download since I don't know when I will be able to post 1.1. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
    I have absolute understanding and I am glad that the mod comes out sometime.

Luckily he will not be dropped.

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

What is the canonical route of thorongil back home? It is never explained.

Hello, love the idea of the mod even though its still buggy. I can't wait for 1.1 to release. Anyways I was wondering why watchtowers cost so much more gold now. I started Erebor since the ND isn't ready yet, and each tower costs 1500 gold. Is this intentional?

@YuriVII - There is a tradeoff in this mod between easter eggs and advertising. On the one hand, I like letting the player discover features, but on the other hand, they are often confusing if the player has no information about them and can be confused with bugs. Basically, it will be to Aragorn's advantage to stop in Lothlorien (which is where he canonically stops on the way back to Eriador in T.A. 2980) and to stop in King's Land (Edoras) which is not canonical, but just my suggestion. Stopping in Lorien will reveal a pathway back to Eriador which is significantly safer and faster than the Gap of Rohan or the western coast routes.

@Universal Bum - I have just now reduced the tower cost by 50%. You are not alone in questioning the cost and I realize that 1500 is a bit much. But the idea behind making the towers more expensive is that in DAC they are essentially free and I feel this belies the very real strategic value they hold for the player. The line of sight (LOS) is one of the only genuine advantages the AI has over the player (since the AI plays as if toggle_fow were always enabled) that isn't completely contrived like giving the AI more money or taking money away from the player. I wanted to set it up such that the player would be forced to make strategic decisions about where and when to place towers and that this decision would be a trade off against building any other conventional building at a settlement. Furthermore, although a tower provides better LOS than most strat map objects (units, generals, diplomats, spies, etc.) it has no upkeep cost so all of its cost for its useful lifetime has to be condensed into its price tag. And as a final reason, adding a tangible price tag to the towers allows us to have noticeable culture variations for it. For example, ND towers cost 500, Gondor towers cost 600, and everyone else' cost 750 reflecting the fact that ND as a culture are rangers by trade (representing a lower upkeep investment) and likewise for Gondor which was known for building outposts. And with the new system, I can add further thematic variations as they are suggested.

I hope that clears up the reasoning behind towers and I will refer people to this post in the future.

You prolly already know this: Arthedain doesn't form. Also, once you form one of the minor kingdoms can you go on to form Arnor? Does the script work like Arthedain->Arnor->Reunited Kingdom or does it work like Arnor->Reunited Kingdom and choosing the succesors just keeps you as a successor?

It's also a bit inconvinient when choosing kingdoms. It asks: Do you want to focus North, and I'm thinking. I don't know what are my other options? Why do I gotta accept or choose now. But I guess I can just go to the autosave if I dont like the choice.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Hello

I did a new install of TATW to test this out and unfortuantley I'm CTd'ing on the splash screen.

My log is as follows, there are a lot of errors in export_descr_buildings but I'm not sure if this is what is specifically causing the issue as the log has stuff in it even if the game runs fine. I installed DOP verison 07_06.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    09:54:54.618 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:54:54.618 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    09:54:54.620 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:54:54.621 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:54:54.621 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:54:54.622 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:54:54.622 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:54:54.622 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    09:54:57.284 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scripts (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    09:54:57.284 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    09:54:57.285 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    09:54:57.285 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction khand (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction united (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to c_arnorian_military_camp (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction scotland has gap in building prior to northern_university (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction united has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    09:54:57.286 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    09:54:57.286 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    09:54:57.297 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 15, column 14
    Invalid building name <guild_masons_guild>

As far as I can see, I've installed this mod correctly but I obviously gone wrong at some point
    Last edited by gaunty14; September 09, 2018 at 04:03 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

@YuriVII - Arthedain should be working even in V 1.0 assuming you picked it at the Ranger Council. All three of the successor kingdoms can naturally go on to form Arnor no earlier than turn 70 (however, only Arthedain works in V 1.0). You can also decide against uniting any of the successor kingdoms and still unite Arnor. Or you can even decide to pass on Arnor altogether and unite the Reunited Kingdom. The RK will unite Arnor but it will not unite a successor kingdom. Arnor will unite the successor kingdoms if you have that option enabled. Unfortunately, it is not possible to present the player with multiple choice dialogues in Medieval 2, we only have yes/no choices. So to do a multiple choice, we have to string together some yes/no options. It should be fairly obvious which is which and I do encourage players to say every turn as the last digit of the turn number for issues like this and also because of end turn crashes.

@gaunty14 - There are several script related buts in V 1.0, but it will still launch correctly. If it does not, it is because you have not installed the files correctly. Once you have installed TATW 3.2 and DAC 2.2, make sure it works. Then drop in DOP and make sure that works. Then drop in HE on top of that. Or, wait for V 1.1 which should be out very soon.

Well my arthedain script never worked. I had all the core region plus 4 on the periphery plus a rebuilt Fornost, it was also turn 60. I did cheat population for Fornost though because I wanted to see if the script worked without waiting 200 turns for it to get up to 4000 population. Does the script disable when its cheated? Or do you actually have to have all periphery regions and not just four?

[QUOTE=Elendil Narmolanya;15659505]@YuriVII
    Have You build Mason's Guildhouse in Deadman's Dike? You must build this, to upgrade this Stronghold to Fortress and change name to Fornost Erain. I have the same problem with rebuild Fornost, but this Mason's Guildhouse will help. And the script will working rightful.

Apparently I have to have 4000 pop and a masons guildhouse. Yeah, I rebuilt it. Still doesn't seem to fire. Is there some message or something? I do have blademasters and stuff, so maybe I did rebuild it. But I also had those guys before I rebuilt fornost.

Cant load the submod.I followed the instructions as stated and still i got only casual 2.2dac goin.My batch file aint workin so im using Binary Distribution - Guan Ziyang's Universal Mod Launcher.Any advices how to fix and load Heir or Elendil?

@YuriVII - My only suggestion is that you check the z-key conditions for Arthedain and make sure you meet all the conditions.

@DoctoreSrb - You are obviously not launching correctly. I suggest that instead of using the "universal mod launcher" you instead set up a launcher for the submod. I have posted a video on how to do this on the HE discord in the #announcements section.

Ok , did watched your video on discord done same as instructions command and i moved step ahead.Yet im getting an error when loading screen starts , it loads only text heirs of elendil and closes the game without any errors popping out.

15:55:36.339 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:55:36.339 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    15:55:36.343 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:55:36.344 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:55:36.345 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:55:36.346 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:55:36.346 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:55:36.346 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:55:41.139 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scripts (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    15:55:41.139 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    15:55:41.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    15:55:41.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    15:55:41.141 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    15:55:41.141 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction khand (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction united (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    15:55:41.142 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    15:55:41.142 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to c_arnorian_military_camp (unavailable at level zero)
    15:55:41.143 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - faction scotland has gap in building prior to northern_university (unavailable at level zero)
    15:55:41.143 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - faction united has gap in building prior to royal_academy (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to citadel
    15:55:41.144 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    15:55:41.144 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 17281, column 33
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to citadel
    15:55:41.157 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3_HE/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 174, column 24
    Unable to find building_battle localised string 'gatehouse'

How's this coming along? I like the look of the dunedain units.

Just wanted to provide you guys with an update. I know a few people are still waiting on V 1.1 to start a campaign, and that is still something I encourage you to do. Based on my playtesting and the valiant efforts our playtesting team, I believe the only major issue remaining is that we have somehow killed the One Ring destruction script. I.e., the one ring cannot be destroyed at Mt. Doom (although everything else about the One Ring script works fine). This is the only issue preventing the release of 1.1 at this time.

The only aspects of the One Ring script that have been changed are 1) the Witch King stops respawning for Mordor when he goes to Angmar and 2) the Witch King is killed when the One Ring is destroyed (in theory at least). If we cannot get the One Ring script to work by any other means, it is likely that we will have to compromise and allow Mordor to have the Witch King potentially simultaneously with Angmar (trading a serious bug for a minor bug).

That is where we stand as of right now. I'm really looking forward to releasing 1.1 in the near future not only so that you guys can experience the submod as it was originally intended but also so that we can start working on the next version of the mod (for which we already have a serious backlog of ideas). Thanks for your continued support of the HE project and thanks again to those who have volunteered their time playtesting.

Callistonian
    @

I am really looking forward to 1.1 and even more that the mod has a future. ^^

So I can assume that unit skins and upgrades for the collective dunedain are already finished, since you only mentioned the ring script as a problem?