Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: .

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

Quote Originally Posted by kurt230 View Post
    no I mean if you can play the submod on dac 3?
    Oh I am sorry, yeah I think it will be compatible with V3, that is why I asked on the first place...

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

@kurt230 - HE 2.0 will be compatible with DAC 2.2 or DAC V3. However, there are quite a few things we are not including from DAC V3 (see ModDB post).

@Gaberking

1. Will there be any special feature if Dwarves captured Mount Gundabad? Gundabad is sacred place for dwarves and I wonder if capturing it will get them anything special, like special strong unit or something?
    The Hammers of Gundabad unit will only be recruitable from that settlement. I believe there are some additional building and trait related bonuses.
    2. Does Gondor get any sort of new units with new version? Or does anything happen to Gondor's roster exept mounted bodyguard? If so, what?
    I don't think we've done anything to Gondor's roster relative to V1 (with the mounted BG + Blackwatch). The BG will probably be getting a bit of a nerf and the faction probably won't start with as many or any at all (the cav BG is a bit OP and people tend to abuse it). If you have any suggestions for their roster do let us know.
    3. When you unite Gondor and Arnor, what happens to Gondoric generals and armies? Like Boromir and Faramir? Do they disappear or do they join you?
    Any generic Gondor generals (born, adopted, married, etc. after turn 1) will join the RK with the Gondor general strategy model but with the Arnor default BG. Any starting Gondor generals (the dozen or so generals starting from turn 1) will be respawned outside (or possibly inside if we can work out a bug) their original settlements IF they are still alive at the time of the RK event. They will be spawned with their original BG units and Gondorian strategy models and they will pass on a "Captain of Gondor" trait to their children which will also give them Gondorian strat models. However, AI-Gondor likes to kill off Boromir and Faramir fairly early which makes it unlikely that you will get them at the RK. We have considered some alternatives for when Edain are human and Gondor is AI that would involve sending Boromir and Faramir off map or even just respawning them when dead for the RK since most people will be eager to use them. However, Arnor is already maxed on strat models so Boromir and Faramir and the other Gondor generals will all share a single default Gondor general strat model.
    4. This one is more of a technical one, will there be any information on which regions you should get to start doing the Successor Kindoms unification process? And also more potential information on how to unify Arnor and stuff...because I belive since everything is new, old unification rules don't work anymore.
    There is no message telling the player which regions to take to start a successor pathway, but you only need a single region to be given the offer and if you intend to unite one of the kingdoms it's pretty unlikely you'd miss the regions which give the offer. Once you start a pathway, you will be able to press Z (or another hotkey) just like in V1 to see your objectives, same for Arnor and RK.

I see, thank you again for the answer...as for Gondor:

I agree with you about the nerf of bodyguard, but I have some potential suggestions. First would be to maybe, if it would be possible, add any sort of scrip to Gondor. I know this mode is meant to advance and enhance Northern dunedain faction, however one think I disliked about Gondor in DaC is that it is scriptless...they are one of most known and important faction IMO in the entire game and I always wished for them to be somehow unique or something. Now, I am not saying that you should enhance Gondor to the epic level you did with the ND, but maybe give them ability to unite the kingdom themselves in case player is playing it. I know Aragorn is ND faction leader and that he is lore-wise the one who can unite it, but I don't know, maybe just give a Gondor an ability to do something unique, or to have some of the Arnor units themselves or something like that. As for the roster, as I said, I think that, if there are no unit places avalable, you should give them the option to train some units from Arnor, like pikemen, infatry or something of that sort, not cavalry because that is meant to be their weakness...or maybe you could remove some low tier AoR units and add new units, something that would be between mid and high tier...maybe something like Numenor units from Reforged submod but weaker? And maybe give them a bit of reskin on a new level of upgrade like you did with spearmen? I know I am asking for a lot, but I am of course just offering my suggestions, nothing more. I would be glad to hear your reply soon and thank you for it in advance!

The good news is that Isen did expand the 4th age armor upgrade for the Gondor units to their other mainline units (swords and archers and possibly others). This is the armor upgrade that is only available for the spearmen in HE V1.

We almost certainly will not be allowing Gondor to unite the RK (although they will probably do this in DAC). Not only does it specifically break the lore to allow Denethor's heirs to unite the RK, it also (more importantly) creates an unwanted gameplay symmetry between Edain and Gondor wherein their late stage campaigns begin to look almost the same. We did briefly have a script where Gondor could get the Edain to join them, but we abandoned that and it's unlikely it will show up in 2.0. I might be persuaded to release a reverse-RK script as a submod after 2.0 is done but we will have to see.

As for other scripts for Gondor, we have discussed this quite a bit in the past. There just don't seem to be any good ideas floating around for a Gondor script. At one point we discussed an 'expanded fiefdom' script where the regions would be more autonomous in various ways but it felt a bit artificial. One thing I have considered doing is using Boromir's old unarmored strat and battle models in some sort of quest script. We have so many scripts on our plate at the moment that this would have to wait.

Lastly, we will not be cutting any of Gondor's low tier units. One of the great things about DAC is that it does have a broad spectrum of units from low to high which allows the user to appreciate the high tier units by contrast with the low. People frequently request cutting low tier units to make room for shiny stuff from elsewhere but I don't think it's a good policy. Gondor's roster is pretty well fleshed out right now. There have been a few changes in DAC V3 and V4 (Lamedon Clansmen etc.) but we probably won't incorporate those. I love the Numenor units in Reforged but we have no Numenor faction in HE and I think those brilliant units should stay where they belong, in Reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    The good news is that Isen did expand the 4th age armor upgrade for the Gondor units to their other mainline units (swords and archers and possibly others). This is the armor upgrade that is only available for the spearmen in HE V1.

We almost certainly will not be allowing Gondor to unite the RK (although they will probably do this in DAC). Not only does it specifically break the lore to allow Denethor's heirs to unite the RK, it also (more importantly) creates an unwanted gameplay symmetry between Edain and Gondor wherein their late stage campaigns begin to look almost the same. We did briefly have a script where Gondor could get the Edain to join them, but we abandoned that and it's unlikely it will show up in 2.0. I might be persuaded to release a reverse-RK script as a submod after 2.0 is done but we will have to see.

As for other scripts for Gondor, we have discussed this quite a bit in the past. There just don't seem to be any good ideas floating around for a Gondor script. At one point we discussed an 'expanded fiefdom' script where the regions would be more autonomous in various ways but it felt a bit artificial. One thing I have considered doing is using Boromir's old unarmored strat and battle models in some sort of quest script. We have so many scripts on our plate at the moment that this would have to wait.

Lastly, we will not be cutting any of Gondor's low tier units. One of the great things about DAC is that it does have a broad spectrum of units from low to high which allows the user to appreciate the high tier units by contrast with the low. People frequently request cutting low tier units to make room for shiny stuff from elsewhere but I don't think it's a good policy. Gondor's roster is pretty well fleshed out right now. There have been a few changes in DAC V3 and V4 (Lamedon Clansmen etc.) but we probably won't incorporate those. I love the Numenor units in Reforged but we have no Numenor faction in HE and I think those brilliant units should stay where they belong, in Reforged.
    Yeah, I agree with you. It was of course only a suggestion and I am always opened to se the arguments to counter it. Thank you for the answer, can't wait for the new version to come out!

I again have a question that came to me, I hope I am not bothering you with these...if we decide to play as Rhudaur in the new version, we can't unite Arnor, but can Reunited Kingdom still be united? And also, when you unite the kingdom, do you get all the units from other successor kingdoms? Thank you again in advance for the answer!

Only Arnor can unite the Reunited Kingdom. As Rhudaur cannot unite Arnor, they also cannot do the RK. In V1 there was an optional setting that would unlock the other successor units when Arnor was united. We have removed this option in V2 so you will not be able to get the other successor units when you unite Arnor. Each successor kingdom is much more unique now and we didn't want to 'cheapen' the experience by unlocking their units for Arnor regardless of the path taken. In other words, we have done what all the other unit-unlocking scripts in the mod do. You will simply need to keep multiple saves to experience the different pathways.

Only Arnor can unite the Reunited Kingdom. As Rhudaur cannot unite Arnor, they also cannot do the RK. In V1 there was an optional setting that would unlock the other successor units when Arnor was united. We have removed this option in V2 so you will not be able to get the other successor units when you unite Arnor. Each successor kingdom is much more unique now and we didn't want to 'cheapen' the experience by unlocking their units for Arnor regardless of the path taken. In other words, we have done what all the other unit-unlocking scripts in the mod do. You will simply need to keep multiple saves to experience the different pathways.
    I see, that is okay, I see your point and I agree with it. It will certainly give Rhudaur more uniqe gameplay compared to others! Thank you again for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker1976 View Post
    Доброго времени суток Каллистиан! Что по поводу дополнения о переходе Дол-Гулдура и Ангмара под власть Мордора, после воплощения Саурона? Уже можно скачивать Ваш мод?
    No.

Also, can you use English languadge to communicate here, please? Not everyone on TWC are fluent with Russian, and therefore impolite to use languadge unknown to many forum members.
    P.S. Sorry for rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker1976 View Post
    Доброго времени суток Каллистиан! Что по поводу дополнения о переходе Дол-Гулдура и Ангмара под власть Мордора, после воплощения Саурона? Уже можно скачивать Ваш мод?
    The feature has not been implemented yet. As I said before, we will not be adding Angmar to the script but Dol Guldur will probably be incorporated. I should tell you that this is currently a very low priority item on the to do list so it might not show up in V2.0 but perhaps a subsequent patch.

I don't mind if you post in Russian (edit: although there are apparently rules on TWC prohibiting it, so probably best to use Google Translate beforehand). If you can't read/write English than I suppose you will be equally intelligible regardless of which one of us uses Google Translate. I'm aware that HE has some following in the Russian TW community and you are most welcome to participate regardless of language barrier. In fact, I believe someone was working on a Russian translation of the mod.
    Last edited by Callistonian; September 15, 2019 at 08:30 PM.

Edxard's Avatar Laetus

Привет. Thank you, we have a good translation of version 1.2. Now we are waiting for version 2.0. Many of us do not know English ... I myself write with Google translator.

@Edxard - I'm honored that you guys have seen fit to translate the mod. Whoever is responsible should contact me on Discord so we can discuss promoting the translation through official channels, perhaps as a submod for HE. I don't know of many mods that have foreign language support, it would be pretty awesome.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In fact, you're not allowed to post in a foreign language. Alternatively you may post in both languages.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

The feature has not been implemented yet. As I said before, we will not be adding Angmar to the script but Dol Guldur will probably be incorporated. I should tell you that this is currently a very low priority item on the to do list so it might not show up in V2.0 but perhaps a subsequent patch.

I don't mind if you post in Russian (I'm not aware of any forum rules prohibiting it). If you can't read/write English than I suppose you will be equally intelligible regardless of which one of us uses Google Translate. I'm aware that HE has some following in the Russian TW community and you are most welcome to participate regardless of language barrier. In fact, I believe someone was working on a Russian translation of the mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edxard View Post
    Привет. Thank you, we have a good translation of version 1.2. Now we are waiting for version 2.0. Many of us do not know English ... I myself write with Google translator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    In fact, you're not allowed to post in a foreign language. Alternatively you may post in both languages.
    Araval is right, it is not permitted to post in a foreign language, which on this forum means any other language than English. Any posts that are written in a foreign language and are spotted by a (local) Moderator are likely to be deleted. Occasionally posting something in a foreign language and in English might be tolerated, depending on the situation. Having an extensive discussion in two languages most probably not.

From the Rules:

Hard-to-Read Posts (1 or 2 points)

Posts that disrupt the message boards for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited, to:

• Conducting conversations in languages other than English. The exception is in forums explicitly designated for a specific language other than English.
    • Posting excessively in capital letters, leet speak, or other hard-to-read writing styles
    • Using misleading topic titles
    • Consecutive posting. (I.e., double posts, triple posts)

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

In light of TWC's rules concerning posting in foreign languages, we have added a translator bot to our Discord page: https://discord.gg/5qT7SEj

Simply type ?en before putting in foreign text and it will automatically translate to English. We have also considered setting up dedicated Russian, French, etc. language channels for mod support as demand requires.

Hi.

Does this submod reduce, or increase the difficulty of the game ?
    What are top 3 hardest factions now ?

@Jojo_Fr - Different people might have different answers to that question. From my own experience with HE 1.3, I would say the overall difficulty is pretty much unchanged. The submod adds some scripts that might introduce elements of difficulty like the Witch King and the possibility of Ered Luin accepting a ring, but I still play the faction somewhat similarly to how I played ND in DAC 2.2. The purpose of the submod isn't really to increase or decrease the campaign difficulty.

That said, 2.0 will be quite a bit harder for the Edain faction relative to ND or Bree in DAC. ND did get a bit harder in DAC V3 and that's sort of the level I'm going for with 2.0.

Will these unit be unlocked when we reunite Arnor and Gondor ? And if not will it be possible to manually edit the script so we can still get these units after we unlocked a successor Kingdom ?

@axel2775 - yes, you can always edit your files.

In light of the lack of news concerning the mod, I decided to start recording a bug-hunting run for the Edain of Eriador campaign with the Arthedain pathway. You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHSeb18Ri0