Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default .

Last edited by Callistonian; October 26, 2020 at 11:49 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

Looks very good!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Second that!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

So regions have been removed from th map if I understand correctly?

Sounds interesting. I could try to do some playtesting.

Hello.
    This submod lookslike awesome !!! And I have some of questions. This submod have already instalation files? If yes, when I can take this file instalation to play in this Submod Heirs of Elendil?

@Incredible Bulk - Some regions are being repurposed. There is a hardcoded limit of 199 regions so I can't add new ones but I can shuffle them around. So far, the only change was removing the "Land of the Druedain" region from Andrast and re-adding Tol Fuin as a separate region. This was a difficult choice because on the one hand, Tol Fuin is so far out of the way that it will almost never see action or use. But on the other hand, it's an interesting location to discover and I didn't like how Andrast was turned into "Land of the Druedain" when there is no indication that the Druedain lived that far south or east of the White Mountains and it meant dividing Andrast into two regions with the new "Andrast" region not actually being in Andrast. Currently, the only other region I am thinking of repurposing is the Lower Gladden region as I find there to be way too many regions packed into the upper Anduin vale already.

@Dsonsion - Thanks, please contact me on Steam if you haven't already so I will remember to send you the playtesting instructions and files.

@Elendil Narmolanya - This mod is in the final development and playtesting phase. There are currently no public download links. If all goes according to plan, I would like to have it released officially by the end of the month.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Thank you Callistonian

Thanks very much Callistonian

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Really interesting, could you upload the image with a higher resolution? maybe try using Imgur.
    Discordapp link kinda destroy the view completely cropping them :|

@Melvasul - That's the actual resolution of the pics, sorry :/ All of them are on the Discord page but they're not any better since I took them in the smallest game window resolution (which I use for modding). I probably could have devoted more effort to the pics but... eh.

By the way, I love your work with the hotseat campaigns. I would be really interested to know if HE works in hotseat.

Looks cool. But for the eriador retainers you might want to add more faces because it uses only one for their final upgrade since I made them use only one. Also you might want the cardolan line infantry to use the same length spears for their upgrade. And possibly change the helmets to be consistent. You should also change the color of the third dunedain ranger and horses archer bow to be more consistent. These are just my nitpicks but I am looking forward to this sub

@TheCoweingComa - So... you're saying I need to learn Milkshape? Making CAS in 3ds is no problem but I've been actively trying to avoid learning Milkshape. Guess it's about time for it, eh? Thanks for the suggestions and of course thanks for the assets, really top stuff. I would add you to the credits but it seems I haven't yet attained the ability to edit my posts.

Yeah for modding medieval 2 it is good idea to have milkshape. Regarding credit just add it on when you can.
    Also one final thing to take into consideration is to give the dunedain blademasters gloves because I forgot to add them on myself.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 25, 2018 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

WOW this is a mammoth effort +rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

@Callistonian
    images regard: it would be nice to do it since these versions are really really little, and so we cannot appreciate all of them at their max!

(but do not worry, even other people have done this discord upload then link on the twcenter )

hotseat regard: well I would have to take a look at the whole it(to be honest mostly/only descr_strat and campaign_script) BUT if the mod has been done in a good way(those 2 files particularly) without any shenanigans then yes, everything can be made hotseat compatible!

(IF someone tells you otherwise they are just lazy and do not know how to really work on the files)

@Melvasul - As I mentioned in one of the 'suspected bugs', the only issue I am aware of that would be potentially hotseat incompatible is if I used LocalFaction instead of I_IsFactionAIControlled somewhere in campaign_script, which I'm sure I did despite my best efforts. I can send you the latest descr_strat and CS files if you want to look them over, I have designated all my new CS scripts in the header.

Here is a working link to the Discord page (where you can find me so I can send the files): https://discord.gg/e63yBJR

I would update the OP with that link but TWC seems to want me to spam out 25 posts before I can edit my own posts... you know, to prevent spamming.

@TheCoweringComa - I've fixed all issues except diversifying the facial features for the final upg Eriador Retainers. Still figuring out how to handle variations. But, for this unit it's almost unnoticeable since the helmet covers almost the entire face.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

This is the submod DaC's been in need of for quite some time, and I am especially exited to see the Orocarni mountains on the map. I do have a few suggestions however;

1. The model used by the Tharbad Tollmen was received quite poorly on Moddb, and the reason for this is that many did not feel as if it fit with Middle Earth's aesthetic. I am inclined to agree, and it does not look in place at all with the rest of the ND roster.

2. The AA Merchant Guard, another unit from Reforged, has a pretty boring looking model that is a reskin of the Merchant Guard Bree gets anyway, and it doesn't fit with the rest of the AA roster. I felt like this unit was little more than a filler in Reforged, and indeed, it subtracts a unit slot that could be better used elsewhere.

That's pretty much it. Everything else is superb. If you'd like, I can also give you a brief tutorial/rundown of how to add new faces to a unit in Milkshape. The entire process shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes, depending on if you can get the hang of it.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

@Celtic Magister - Thank you, that means a lot.

1. I read the reviews on ModDB before I added the Tharbad Tollman, and I discussed it with Crimson Behelit. While I don't feel any obligation whatsoever to follow the aesthetic set down by Weta Workshop and New Line Cinema, I appreciate that this is what most fans associate with a Middle-earth aesthetic and that units which abruptly break from it (i.e. distinctly medieval plague doctors) are seen as unthematic. However, in HE the "Tharbad Pikemen" are returned to their original role as "Arnorian Pikemen" and I was in need of an interesting Tharbad unit. I was immediately in love with the look of the plague docs from Reforged and the idea that Cardolan, which we know was particularly hard hit by the Great Plague leading directly to the collapse of that kingdom, would have a unit reminiscent of this history. So despite the poor reviews on ModDB, I decided to go for it - but I am still very much open to suggestions. If I don't get better suggestions for a Tharbad unit that I really like, I may simply remove the unit and use the slot elsewhere. Here is my current list of units to potentially recycle:

- Clan Hunters (Dunland Militia Archers)
    - Khandish Hunters
    - Easterling Ballista
    - Misty Orc Crossbows
    - Rhudaur Raiders (Angmar Rhudaur Javelinmen)
    - Osgiliath Veterans
    - Pirate Ship
    - Mountain Orc Hunters
    - Breeland Militia Spearmen
    - Watchmen Axeguard (Breeland City Axemen)

I have no doubt that some of the unit additions I've made will be much more controversial than the Tollmen.

2. The AA Merchant Guard isn't even a reskin, it's just a retexture. But, this means it doesn't actually take up another unit slot. I have also used the dwarf variant for the 3 dwarven factions and the Dol Amroth variant for DA and Gondor (but didn't post the screenshots because it would be a bit redundant). Again, these are all just one unit with 4 different textures, trainable from higher level market buildings. One thing that I am considering doing is only making them available to train in certain regions, but I haven't come up with any good ideas of which regions these should be.

It would be great if you could quickly teach me how to work with variations in Milkshape. I will contact you on Discord, thanks!

In terms of the Expediation to Khazad Dum failing what do you mean by that is this an arbitary elimination of the faction if AI controlled if so that sound like a terrible idea or is this a random event because it would be completely unfair to the AI let alone the player
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast