Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Heirs of Elendil

@jedi7000nathan - I was going to do expanding boxes to explain all of the new scripts but then I found out I can't edit my posts on TWC :/

That particular script only happens if the player is neither Khazad-dum nor OotMM. In T.A. 2994 (turn 96), if the Moria provinces are controlled by KD faction, they will be given over to OotMM. This will only eliminate the KD faction in the event that all of their generals were in Moria when the provinces change hands. This script is designed to weaken the good factions overall at the expense of the AI's KD faction. The OotMM are a more serious threat in HE and may eliminate KD and Vale on their own before this script even happens. I am planning on implementing limited faction revival scripts so that the player will have the opportunity to revive dead factions such as Khazad-dum based on specific conditions.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

You can edit post

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No, he can't edit his posts until he has 25 posts.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Then spam till you get 25

I can't be the only one who sees the irony in that.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Preferably no spamming, oui, oui.

If you need an update prior to you've fulfilled the criteria to do so yourself, you can ask local moderator to solve it for you.
    Point out what to do here or PM me and I'll solve it.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi Callistonian! Got a question; how will the reforming the various kingdoms work in-game? Specifically what will I as a player have to do to get, say, Arnor

@Ngugi - The mod isn't ready for release yet so I suppose I'll just keep making comments until I get there, otherwise I will PM you with what needs to be changed. Thanks for the offer.

@HonestOnyx - We're still testing and there have been some issues with the successor kingdoms scripts. But theoretically, the conditions for Arnor are: Aragorn alive, Annuminas rebuilt (House of Kings moved here), at least turn 70, four key Arnorian cities owned, not at war with Bree-land, Bree-land is alive, and ND has at least 20 provinces.

You then get a choice to unite. Selecting yes unlocks all Arnor units, optionally unlocks all successor kingdom units (this is a setting you decide at the start of the campaign), Aragorn gets some ancillaries and titles, and, if Bree-land is AI controlled, you get the option to incorporate Bree and even the option to adopt Bree's banners.

The successor kingdoms are similar. Each one has a "pathway" for uniting the kingdom which revolves around a key character. You must capture the 'core regions' and a certain number of the 'peripheral regions'. And, depending on the kingdom, you may have to rebuild a city. I tried to make each successor kingdom feel unique so their pathways and final unit rosters will play very differently. They also have different effects on your diplomatic relations with neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @jedi7000nathan - I was going to do expanding boxes to explain all of the new scripts but then I found out I can't edit my posts on TWC :/

That particular script only happens if the player is neither Khazad-dum nor OotMM. In T.A. 2994 (turn 96), if the Moria provinces are controlled by KD faction, they will be given over to OotMM. This will only eliminate the KD faction in the event that all of their generals were in Moria when the provinces change hands. This script is designed to weaken the good factions overall at the expense of the AI's KD faction. The OotMM are a more serious threat in HE and may eliminate KD and Vale on their own before this script even happens. I am planning on implementing limited faction revival scripts so that the player will have the opportunity to revive dead factions such as Khazad-dum based on specific conditions.
    Can the player prevent this; say for example I'm playing as Northern Dunadain or Imladris and I'm allied to Khazad-dum and I have an army near their either Moria settlement when the event happens can I reinforce the attacks with my own forces or does the AI auto win regardless of what I as the Player do?
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

The two OotMM armies will auto win but each one is only 4 units. So if you have an army standing by, you would have no problem just taking the settlements and giving them back to KD. Now, if KD faction was destroyed, then it's tricky because I haven't decided on a good mechanism for reviving factions yet. Currently, Dol Amroth, Khazad-dum, and OotMM are the three I'm looking closest at for revival scripts. Also, the two OotMM armies will only spawn and take Moria if the provinces are controlled by AI KD and no other faction.

[QUOTE= Here is my current list of units to potentially recycle:

- Clan Hunters (Dunland Militia Archers)
    - Khandish Hunters
    - Easterling Ballista
    - Misty Orc Crossbows
    - Rhudaur Raiders (Angmar Rhudaur Javelinmen)
    - Osgiliath Veterans
    - Pirate Ship
    - Mountain Orc Hunters
    - Breeland Militia Spearmen
    - Watchmen Axeguard (Breeland City Axemen)

I have no doubt that some of the unit additions I've made will be much more controversial than the Tollmen.

[/QUOTE]
    Hey man! Your mod looks wonderful and very ambitious! However concerning Osgiliath Veterans, well its a very flexible and useful archer unit which ups the ranged section of Gondor. I hope you dont remove it Anyway, im looking forward for further developments for your submod, it looks promising as hell (for a RK begger)

@Gollum - That list is a bit outdated. I've already cut the pirate ship (wasn't doing anything, pirate fleets now use corsair ship) and the Easterling Ballista has been replaced with the black powder hwacha from reforged which I find to be a much more entertaining unit. None of the other units have been touched yet and I've added a few candidates to the chopping block. Currently, the Osgiliath Veterans are still in the game but I'm thinking of converting them to a Reunited Kingdom-only steelbow type unit. The units that are most likely to be cut in the near future are the Goblin Crossbowmen and the Watchmen Axeguard - goblins don't need a crossbow unit just to demonstrate that they "like devices of war and such" and the axeguard I never really liked, don't think it's thematic with Bree and I might just replace them with the spearman equivalent (which was cut from DAC) or just use the slot elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    @Gollum - That list is a bit outdated. I've already cut the pirate ship (wasn't doing anything, pirate fleets now use corsair ship) and the Easterling Ballista has been replaced with the black powder hwacha from reforged which I find to be a much more entertaining unit. None of the other units have been touched yet and I've added a few candidates to the chopping block. Currently, the Osgiliath Veterans are still in the game but I'm thinking of converting them to a Reunited Kingdom-only steelbow type unit. The units that are most likely to be cut in the near future are the Goblin Crossbowmen and the Watchmen Axeguard - goblins don't need a crossbow unit just to demonstrate that they "like devices of war and such" and the axeguard I never really liked, don't think it's thematic with Bree and I might just replace them with the spearman equivalent (which was cut from DAC) or just use the slot elsewhere.

Indeed if you want to replace the Osgiliath Veterans by another late game range unit, well i dont complain about that, especially steelbows. You can use some of the textures of the veterans, the shield especially is very cool and fits well a heavy protected Elite range infantry unit. I was also wandering if you wanted to add Winged Swordsmen from MOS to the game? Its a very cool unit that, compared to the Lossarnach Axemen, trades the AP for extra armour. It can be RoR like Amon Hen Swordsmen.
    Finally, do you have plans to add an elite cav unit for Gondor? Like if you reunite the Kingdom with ND or play as gondor, and with both of them construct the Tower of the Moon, in addition to the Minas Ithil Guardians, you could have Ithilien Knights? A more of a stain fighting cav unit, that doesnt have a lot of charge bonus but a good attack stat? Or is it a bit of an overkill for the Gondor faction? Anyway i throw ideas and i dont know what it represent in terms of work so i'll stop here...

I don't have any plans to port anything from MOS as I have never played the mod and I don't think they have an open source approach to their content. I am not planning on adding an elite cavalry unit for Gondor. Heirs of Elendil re-adds their cavalry bodyguard, which is a very elite cavalry in its own right. And I think the decision on DAC's part to make Gondor infantry focused and Dol Amroth heavy cavalry focused was a good one. I don't see any reason to change that dynamic.

How do we get in on a play test? Was about to start a new ND campaign anyway.

Barring the unlikely event that I decide to make large, substantive changes to the mod in the near future, I will not be needing any additional playtesters. But rest assured, the mod should be released very soon. The to-do list consists of the following:

- fix strat model import/export issues
    - fix fourth age unit audio issues
    - fix some coastlines
    - do my own final playtesting

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmmm, looks very promising! Very promising indeed! Best of luck with development!
    My only criticism and its very, very minor one, is that the level three Dunedain Rangers (judging on the pics from the OP) don't look very "rangery." Maybe have a few of the soldiers retain their hoods?

This project sounds exciting!

@isa0005 - I like the professional look of the fully upgraded Rangers. But I see what you mean. I won't make a separate download for it, but you will be able to easily change the upgrade levels in the EDU and I can tell you how to do that.

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

This sounds great!

I'm curious, are you the one writing all these scripts?