Thread: [Submod] War of the Seven Kings (WIP)

Default [Submod] War of the Seven Kings (WIP)

Hello guys!
    As everybody else, I've been waiting for the 1.0 version of Westeros Total War. Once I got my hands over it, the constant CTD's overdid me. So, I gave up and looked for good submods of the previous version of Westeros Total War. Badger Dude's Fire & Blood is my favorite to date, but anyway I decided to edit a few things and came up with a new submod which I'm calling War of the Seven Kings. This is my first attempt to mod Medieval Total War 2, I'm not familiar with most of its features. Also I'm not familiar with the policies of most mods, since War of the Seven Kings is like a compilation of other submods, mainly Fire & Blood, plus Winds of Winter, Kingdoms of Rivers and Hills, also a few mods outside Westeros Total War like Stainless Steel. So, I'm not sure if I can release it. In any case, I'm going to need some help in order to finish it. The backstory of War of the Seven Kings is the following:
    King Robert Baratheon is dead, and his heir Joffrey "Baratheon" sits in the Iron Throne now. But his grip to the throne is far less secure than that of his "father". King Joffrey executed Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell for high treason. Basically Lord Stark was executed because he challenged Joffrey's position, claiming he's not the rightful heir of the late king Robert, but a bastard born of incest between Queen Cersei, and her brother Jaime Lannister. Lord Stark told this to Stannis Baratheon, in a letter, and Stannis told it to every lord in Westeros. Now Joffrey can rely only in the backing of some nobles in the Crownlands and that of House Lannister of the Westerlands.
    From the North, Robb Stark, son of Eddard is marching south to avenge his father. Recently, he has been declared King in the North by his bannermen and is determined to secure the independence of the North and Riverlands from the Iron Throne. Accompanying him are his powerful bannermen, including Roose Bolton, lord of the Dreadfort and Wylis Manderly, heir of White Harbor. Robb has secured an alliance with his maternal uncle, Lord Edmure Tully of the Trident, and together they are engaged in a bitter conflict against the Lannisters of the Westerlands and Crownlands.
    In the meantime, taking advantage of the chaos in the mainland, Balon Greyjoy has reclaimed his Driftwood Crown and declared the independence of the Iron Islands once again. Since most of the Stark bannermen are fighting south of the Neck, the ironborn, led by Theon Greyjoy (Balon's son and heir) and Victarion Greyjoy (Balon's brother) has landed in the western coasts of the North, in an attempt to invade it. House Frey of the Crossing can have a big impact in the war at this moment, but old Walder Frey as usual is cautious, and remained neutral for the moment. He is watching carefully how the conflict unfolds and he knows he can't remain neutral for long.
    In the South, Lord Stannis Baratheon has declared Joffrey an usurper and himself the rightful king. He has gathered an army of sellswords in his fortress of Dragonstone and is determined to attack Kings Landing. But his rigid personality has left him with few friends, only some nobles around Blackwater Bay and his wife's family, the Florents are supporting him. Nonetheless he is a skilled commander, and very determined man.
    Meanwhile, Renly Baratheon, Stannis's younger brother also is claiming the Iron Throne. He is a good diplomat and a charming man. He has secured the allegiance of most of the stormlords and married Lady Margaery Tyrell of Highgarden thus securing the huge resources of House Tyrell and their vassal houses, mainly the Hightowers and Redwynes. Although now Renly can gather the largest force of all kings, a nasty surprise is coming for him from Essos.
    With the deaths of Viserys Targaryen and Khal Drogo, Daenerys Targaryen is left with only Jorah Mormont at her side. But everybody remember House Targaryen, the dynasty which ruled Westeros for almost three centuries. Certainly the many Westerosi exciles do it. Illyrio Mopatis finds her, and introduces a young man claiming to be Aegon Targaryen, the son of Rhaegar, who most believed to be dead. Illyrio is planning to unite the two of them, and launch an attack in Westeros to reclaim the Iron Throne for Aegon. Daenerys needs Aegon's army, mainly the Golden Company, the best of the sellsword companies in Essos in order to return home. Aegon needs Daenerys to recognise him as a true Targaryen, so everybody else would do it as well. So another king, Aegon VI Targaryen join the war of the "five" kings, by landing in Tarth and the coast of the Stormlands, taking Renly by surprise. Ser Barristan Selmy joins them after being dismissed by Joffrey as commander of the Kingsguard.
    The Targaryens secures the allegiance of House Martell and their powerful bannermen, the Yronwoods. They wants to see the son of Elia Martell on the Iron Throne, rather then Baratheons or Lannisters. Also in the Riverlands, House Darry is engaged in the conflict against Joffrey, by supporting their liege lords, the Tullys. But being staunch supporters of the Targaryens as for tradition, they hope for Aegon to gain the throne, so the Darrys might regain the former glory of their house.
    House Arryn is the only one of the great houses to remain neutral in this chaos. At the moment they have to worry about the raids of the Hill Tribes of the Vale, which after Jon Arryn's death, have become more active. But they can't remain neutral forever. Westeros is engaged in a Total War.
    But, cold winds are rising in the vast areas of the lands beyond the Wall. The Free Folk knows, they must go south in order to survive the coming winter. The nations of the true north have united around Mance Rayder and declared him the King Beyond the Wall. Yet another king, the seventh in this chronicle. Only the Night's Watch stands between the Wildlings of Mance and the Seven Kingdoms. And the order of the black brothers isn't at their best shape at the moment.

Who will win?
    It's up to you to decide it.

This is the backstory, the map is the one of Fire and Blood with a few modifications. There are twenty playable factions. I discarded the declaration scripts of Badger Dude and put the factions at war with each other from the beginning.
    What do you think guys?

Default Re: [Submod] War of the Seven Kings (WIP)

Here you can see the final map of this submod and the 20 factions starting position.

Is There a download link for this yet?

Is There a download link for this yet?
    No, this is work in progress.

I thought to publish a few screenshots:

Wylis Manderly, is also marching in the Riverlands, following the orders of Robb Stark.

Tyrion Lannister, the hand of the king is marching with his hill tribesmen to meet the foes of the crown.

Harry Strickland, the captain-general of the Golden Company has landed in Westeros.

I do apologize for the low quality of the screenshots. I do not have a lot of experience in this matter. I hope you likes it.

Looks good. I'm looking forward to when this is finished, I will most likely do a series on my channel with this mod when its done.

Can I help with anything here? I need this submod!!!

Same here.

Sounds Good ,map looks good. Unit cards ok ,but could be polished a bit .The fire and blood mod units are Aw-sum looking.I would definitely Try this mod out.

Hey guys, I wanted to thank you for your support but unfortunately this submod is dead.
    There are several reasons that I decided to stop working on it, the main one is the units. I feel that re-skinned vanilla units are not good enough anymore. I do like the units of the Game of Thrones Enhanced submod, they are the best units ever made for MTW 2 in my opinion, so I'm working over it (version 4.9). But this is just a little project of mine, I don'y have any permissions from Mr. Nguyen or anybody else. To be fair, I never contacted them, since what I'm doing is just replacing the campaign map with the one made by Toho many years ago and also I'm adding new settlements and their respective anchillaries, alongside some new characters. After I finish it, I'm going to try to add a playable Targaryen faction that will work throughout scripts, but right now I'm not good at scripting. If I succeed, then maybe can contact Mr. Nguyen and see if either me or him can release it as an update of his submod.
    Best regards to all of you!