Thread: Where are the older versons of Hyrule total war availble?

Default Where are the older versons of Hyrule total war availble?

I'm trying to get all the older versions of hyrule total where can I find them?
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Where are the older versons of Hyrule total war availble?

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    I'm trying to get all the older versions of hyrule total where can I find them?
    It's probably impossible unless Neph himself has them saved.

I do only have the installation-files for the 3.0 version (lots of bugs unsolved) and two versions of 3.6 and i could share one of them. I do also have the old submod files for 3.6, as well as the Great Sea beta (no campaign, and most units are not implemented - only New Hyrule and a few heroes, Seablin ships and Lanayuru units. Plus one Rito unit i think..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 23, 2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

what are the two versions of 3.6?
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    what are the two versions of 3.6?
    I have made personal modifications to both.

I will only share the one that is the most outdated.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

So share it, duh. Why not to?

Quote Originally Posted by MCreeper View Post
    So share it, duh. Why not to?
    Because i am working on a submod and don't want to share it until it's ready. That is why i will only share the outdated stuff.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Because i am working on a submod and don't want to share it until it's ready. That is why i will only share the outdated stuff.
    And i did asked specifically about "outdated stuff". Why not to share it (with me)(properly)?

Quote Originally Posted by MCreeper View Post
    And i did asked specifically about "outdated stuff". Why not to share it (with me)(properly)?
    Should i send you the installation-files for 3.0 or the "messed-around" 3.6 version?

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Should i send you the installation-files for 3.0 or the "messed-around" 3.6 version?
    Well, if it's "or", i'll prefer 3.6.

All the old versions did exist on a particular site called gamefront.com:

Version 2.0 of Hyrule: Total War (the official mod,) released on 28th September 2012. This was the first ever release with a campaign - he had a custom battle demo released in 2011.

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...total-war-v2-0

FILE DESCRIPTION
    The Hero of Time has chosen to return to the past, a choice that ultimately has ruined the charts of history and sent Hyrule into chaos. Major wars that were already decided have unmade themselves, allowing fallen armies a second chance at these critical events in Hyrule's history. This is where you, the player, comes in.

Version 2.1 of Hyrule: Total War (the official mod,) released on December 25th 2012:

FILE DESCRIPTION
    This version adds seven new factions to the campaign, NPC membership treaties, and more.

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...total-war-v2-1

Version 3.0 of Hyrule: Total War (the official mod,) released on September 20th 2013:

FILE DESCRIPTION
    This version includes tons of brand new sound effects and a new campaign.

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...-v3-0-part-1-2

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...-v3-0-part-3-4

Version 3.5 of Hyrule: Total War (the official mod,) released on December 23rd 2013:

Improved campaign, Ancient Hylians/Rise of Ganon Hyrule Historia Missions etc:

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...-v3-5-part-1-2

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...-v3-5-part-3-4

Version 3.6 of Hyrule: Total War (the official mod,) released on July 7th 2014.

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...total-war-v3-6

Twilight Missions released separately and are nowhere to be found in a working state.

Version 3.7 of Hyrule: Total War (the official mod,) released in December of 2014 - included fixes, the Gerudo Wars Hyrule Historia Missions and other stuff such as new units for certain factions, improvements and such. I do believe that the custom settlement capitals arrived already in December of 2013 - even though some were created later for 4.6.

https://www.gamefront.com/games/medi...total-war-v3-7

The 3.8 smaller update consisted of maybe 7-8 smaller community patches by Empress Tedster, Sir Lion and others fixing bugs and issues in the mod - it also released in December of 2014 after the main 3.7-release. Undying Nephalim released all the main releases of the mod until this point.
    In the beginning of 2015 he decided it was time to update all the rosters and as such the new version of the mod started development. I never updated 3.8 for years.
    Then started a submod based on it in November of 2016. Most of my time was spent on other projects until November of 2018. That's when my focus was returned to Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate. And during the summer of 2019 it had its first release. Now in 2021 we've had the almost completed mod released, only one update remains. You can download 3.7 to see how much the submod did change. 3.8 was just smaller patches fixing errors and bugs in 3.7.

I just tried 3.7 and it CTD on start-up sadly. Not sure what the cause is. 2.0 worked fine and had interesting differences in its agent unit_info cards.
    But I want to look at something more finished. It would seem 3.7 had the same as the current version of the submod. 2.0 had bigger cards.

I managed to start 3.7 - The download-file lacked the animations/engine-folder. I did insert it from a different HTW - And it started. The issue with 3.7 is that the campaign is so unstable. But the custom battles might be more nice to look at, as compared to Classic Ultimate.

You'd need to move over the engine-folder. As it is missing. Copy it from a different HTW!

3.7 worked for me after I took the engine-folder from 4.6. I'd suggest to use the folder of Classic Ultimate as it has combined all of Neph's animations from HTW 3.8, Great Sea and that of 4.6 into one single file. 3.7 works with that folder! It also only has the Hyrule Historia Campaign. Meaning that many factions will spawn into the campaign in the late game. Such as the Order of the Wizzrobe, the Sheikah, the Kingdom of Ikana and the River Zora.

The Stalfos will crash but they won't spawn until turn 275 or so.

They are playable, but do crash if spawning for the ai.

I found this old upload from January, 2019 of Hyrule: Total War 3.7.4 which I named 3.8 (despite 3.8 having the remade Order of the Wizzrobe-roster which this doesn't have,) and this version isn't 100% an original version because I had altered the stats of units and their morale as well as made some bodyguards or caps/gens available to the factions in at least custom battles, maybe even in the campaign - so yeah - it has some changes by me from late 2014 but it's the version I had when I started my "Classic Ultimate"-submod.

I'm happy I did find it because the Gerudo Wars Hyrule Historia Missions are included in their original form here- with unaltered 2014-files - something i couldn't find anywhere because I had remade these files to work with my submod after removing most of the heroes from the custom battles, and as the Gerudo Wars Missions were separate from any of the main downloads I no longer had access to them in their original form - the package at moddb is also altered and is no longer using the original files. With the originals found I can easily add them to the older versions found above without having the coding cause missing portraits and heroes due to the altered code of the other package from the submod,

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z4ut7...le3.8.rar/file
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 15, 2023 at 07:12 PM.

- The Havamal