Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [RP HS] Quenta Silmarillion - First Age Roleplay Hotseat - SIGN UP

Morgoth limped back and forth in his dark hall, seething in fury at the wound that now ached his left foot. The bastard Fingolfin had stabbed him deep in the foot with his cursed sword Ringil just before he died. Never has
    Morgoth before felt such as this, or any pain for that matter and he would remember the fight with Fingolfin for eternity. Never will he allow himself again to be duped into such folly. His toying around with the elf in their little duel had led to this and he only needed to experience something once to never repeat the same mistakes again. None of his potions or spells seemed to heal the wound.

No matter, I will wear this as a reminder to wipe out his scum race from existence! ​ He thought to himself.

However, he took comfort in knowing that the war was proceeding well in the south. The elves and men were in full retreat and valley of Sirion was in the hands of his armies. Soon his armies will push further south and continue this war of annihilation against all of his father's creations...

Gobel Rivill was in ruins as Gothmog and his brother Mal stomped to the center of the fortress. The Elven king Angrond was tied to a post as Orcs threw javelins and shot arrows into him, avoiding hitting the head or the heart. The first of the kings to be captured, he would be the recipient of the orcs' much anticipated torture games. Gothmog, however was not of a mood to watch his troops entertain themselves. He was furious by the news that Sauron, his master's lieutenant, had taken Barad Eithel along with the glory in the capture of such a prized holding. Even though Gothmog had captured a King, he was a creature of darkness and did not want to share the glory this war would give. The sight of the elf king angered him even further and the Balrog stomped over. Taking his fiery whip he struck the king, who howled in agony as the fiery whip slashed his skin. The surrounding orcs all stopped cheering as they cowered in the roars Gothmog bellowed. The elf was hardy for after ten or so hits of tremendous power, he was still breathing. Gothmog snorted and grabbed the elf, ripping him off the post. He raised him in the air and grabbed his legs and with a mighty roar pulled the screaming elf apart in a shower of blood. Throwing the upper and lower bodies in opposite directions for the orcs and wargs to eat, Gothmog stomped over to his brother Mal.

"Gather the forces and prepare to move South. I will not have Sauron take my glory!"

Sauron looked at the citadel of Barad Eithel from a nearby hill as his army had engulfed it's mighty walls. The elves had retreated beyond the mountains, only leaving a small garrison inside which allowed his spies to open the gates without much issue. He would soon join up with his lord's other armies led by Gothmog, who he liked to taunt for he knew the Balrog hated him. He sensed that soon he would do things that would put him in the spotlight for their Dark lord and gain more favor than Gothmog could ever dream of.

In the east, more and more villages and towns burned in the face of Morgoth's armies. Soon the forces of Faenor would pay and their cities would burn for defying the dark lord.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Melon; January 17, 2019 at 04:28 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

House Ulfang up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/u3a95h
    Crushed the remnant figthing force of House Beor
    https://imgur.com/06OMuD2
    https://imgur.com/95KwNBi

I can only write my RP tomorrow or monday.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Gaming Emeritus

The men of House Beor made a last desperate attempt to reclaim their lost lands. Lead by Belegund all men that gathered the courage to follow him moved towards Cirith Anach, the settlement guarding, watching and allowing passage through the pass of Anach. However their last, defying attempt againts the Dark Lord and his forces ended today. Glaurung let many of his children that followed him to run freely in the lands of Beor and they soon caught up the scent of men. Quickly swarming towards their prey the drakes, led by an adult Uruloki fire drake, stroke down the unsuspecting men quickly decimating the last fighting force of House Beor. On this dark day only a few managed to escape from the battle, but even these survivors were hunted down in the following days.
    Glaurung himself didn't even bothered with the small mortals. His aim was the Pass of Sirion to go through with the Balrogs and push the influence of the Dark Lord even further. On his way a small company of men tried to ambush him, but their weapons evne fueled by rage were nothing againts the thick skin of his. Glaurung breathed fire and death, killing many and scattering all that left. He continued his march and after he crosses the pass, more will fear his name and power.

Ungoliath was trapped within her lairs, it's entrance surrounded by elves ready to assault her home. However she is more delighted as ever, as all these elven men will make a fine feast for her everlasting hunger and will be a good breeding material for her smaller children aswell. She just have to wait for the elves to get caught in her many web traps within her lair, that is also labyrinth for the unsuspecting preys.

Amon Ereb was taken over by House Ulfang and their men repaired this once, ruined outpost to a well fortified citadel, however their guard were down, when the creatures of the night attacked upon their lands. While one of the pack has been defeated the other now, a week ago another enroached Amon Ereb preventing the defenders to leave, while waiting for the time to swarm upon them and feast on their meat and blood. However fate was merciful to all those men, as the creatures left the citadel in the past days. The Dark Lords voice rang throught them and ordered a new direction and being only creatures all followed his command, leaving the citadel and moving somewhere else. No one knows the reasons, only the Dark Lord himself.

OOC: I hope my RP so far is good enough for my current roles, as I feel mine insignificant compared to others sometime.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

@General Dragon: I think you're doing a wonderful job of conveying the comings and goings of the evil creatures you play with in a enjoyable way. It's more difficult to make engaging dialogue between unnamed creatures, like for instance Wargs or Dragons, than between established human/Elven/Dwarven characters, which most of the other factions have. This gives you a lot of freedom which can be a positive thing but also a negative one. The only exception for you is Glaurung, someone who has gotten some "screentime" and characterisation in the book, the Children of Húrin. It is said, in this book (don't know if you have read it), that Glaurung his strengths lie more in his evil mind than in physical strength, though that does not mean he isn't a physical powerhouse, so you can work with that for your RP. RP wise, you'll have still much to look forward to with Glaurung and I think he's your greatest strength in writing RP.

Of course this is advice and you can do with it as you please. You're doing just fine with what you're doing right now.
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; January 22, 2019 at 08:42 AM.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Fingon

Fingon was devastated by the news he received about his father’s death. He spent hours alone in his tent, contemplating on the events of the past few days, trying to get to grips with things. He was obviously groomed to lead his people as king one day, but he thought that day would come in a later time.

However, he knew he needed to harden his will and resolve. After all, he was now responsible for his people. He assumed the king’s responsibilities and ordered the strengthening of his forces. Every able elf and man was to be armed and prepared for the defense of their homeland.

Fingon knew he could count on the stout hearts of the men of Dor-Lomin. Already men were being sent to strengthen their army. Once Fingon got his military force in order again, and bolster it with fresh blood, he could start thinking what the next move would be. Right now he could but wait and observe. The movements of his enemies were now crucial and would dictate the plans and devices for the upcoming days.

Hurin

Hurin found himself with his men forlorn in a land he knew very little about. His brother and father, he hoped, safely retreated to the land of Fingolfin. He was sure that in the king’s hands they would be safest for now. However, he needed to look after himself and the few score stragglers that were with him. After passing the evil looking fortress on the river Sirion, his scouts came in reporting that a regiment of men was ahead.

So, Hurin met with the people of House Haldad, who offered him protection, since it was a much greater company. He was glad of the meeting and hoped they could escape together the pursuit of the orcs.

Feanor: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hH...FCqHc9c60nOzc3

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Extension needed, doing some talk that pretty much eater makes me survive a turn or two longer, or seal my doom

Edit: Turn will be up tomorrow

Doriath https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kMR...ew?usp=sharing
    RP tomorrow, as per usual. Spent hours on this save, and all for naught. Balrogs pack quite the punch. A bit too much, imho.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The House of Fëanor

Amrod had no rest. He had ridden hard to the west with all the swiftest cavalry Maedhros could muster, to come to the support of the House of Bëor, to drive back the enemies assaults there. However, the elves and men in the west were crushed in a violent and brutal battle, with many tears shed. Arriving now would only mean death, as the cavalry alone could not hope to do enough alone. Thus, they returned to the east, where there were reports of drakes in the east. They made camp in a small settlement with wide green pastures, just east of Himring where Maedhros was gathering reports. The next day darkness filled the sky. Trumpets sounded. The enemy had come.

No warning. No sound. No sight. The enemy had struck quickly and hard. The watchtowers in the north gave no warning, and the enemy came bearing down from out of nowhere. Two great hosts of fell orcs, led by Balrogs. Oh, how terrible these spirits of darkness are. The Elves could not resist them, for they were many and had come upon the elves unbeknownst. Amrod barely had time to fortify the outer walls, and the enemy laid siege. Scouts were sent west and east, to Maedhros and Maglor. They had the largest parts of the elvish infantry under their command, and if both marched out they might defeat the orc hosts.

Maglor was having dinner when the messenger came bursting through the door. He quickly rose, and bid him to the table.
    What news?
    Lord, it's your brother Amrod! The enemy has come from the north! Two great swathes of Balrogs, we must march out and save him!
    Amras, the twin of Amrod spoke up.
    Maglor, I beseech thee. Save our brother. We must go. Please.
    I am afraid we cannot. Do you not see the wounded flocking our quarters? They come from the east, where an army of dragons come towards us. If we leave this city and go west, thousands will die. We cannot. We must hold fast, and have faith in Maedhros to drive the Balrogs back
    So be it.

The messenger bound westwards came to Himring midday, and made his way through the city. He could feel the heat of the smithies, and the smell of the bakeries. Around him children played and jested, adults worked. He then came to where Maedhros had his quarters, and found him in a sorry state.

Maedhros looked as if he had barely slept. His long, red fair hair had become dirty. His eyes were dull and blank. Looking over a vast pile of documents, he was fully immersed. Messengers went to and fro, taking notes and orders. He barely looked up when the messenger came in, but raised his voice in a low, exhausted tone.

I know what you come to tell me. I have heard the news. I knew I should have told Amrod to make camp here, instead of letting him go about his will. He is a fool, just as his twin is. I hope Maglor keeps Amras from doing anything rash. As for Amrod, I cannot help him.
    Do you not care? He will die!
    Do I not care? The first thing I did when the news reached me was to ride out. I rode as hard and as fast as I could, and I saw the enemy host. They were numerous, and the balrogs fierce. Too numerous and well armed. Even if Maglor was fool enough to ride out from the east to meet the foe, our combined forces would not beat them. A costly draw if we can isolate on of their armies, but then the second will crush us. It is a battle from which we cannot emerge victorious. I wish I could do something, anything to fight them, but alas, I cannot. I simply cannot. I wish I could save my brother, but I cannot!
    He let out a scream in frustration, before standing up and turning to the messenger.
    Ride back to Amrod, if you can sneak past the enemy lines. Tell him there is nothing to be done, and that he is to brace himself for his fate. I will not give him false hope, he deserves better. Now go!

The messenger turned to go, but not before he noticed tears running down Maedhros' dirty cheek. As he went through the doorway, a man came through.

Bór

The city of Himring was vast, larger than any city back home. Mehdi smelled fairer smells than he had ever smelled before. He could not understand how something so mighty could be threathened. The darkness must press harder on the elves of Fëanor than any man. Coming into the centre, he went past the guards and came to Maedhros, brushing past a sad elf on the way out.
    Yes? What do you want?
    Fair Maedhros, we have heard of the enemy coming from the north. I have come on behalf of my king, Udir Ishi, and my people, we men in the House of Bór. We might not be as fair as elves, nor as fierce, but we can fight. We will do what we can to save what is fair in this land, and fight the darkness. Our warriors are marching towards here as we speak, the cavalry double-timing. Stand fast, and we shall do what we can to help.
    Maedhros raised his gaze, and looked straight at the messenger.
    Thank you

Last edited by King Athelstan; January 31, 2019 at 03:36 AM. Reason: RP
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Extension needed, doing some talk that pretty much eater makes me survive a turn or two longer, or seal my doom

Edit: Turn will be up tomorrow

Doriath https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kMR...ew?usp=sharing
    RP tomorrow, as per usual. Spent hours on this save, and all for naught. Balrogs pack quite the punch. A bit too much, imho.
    Sorry, but since the beginning it was made clear this hotseat is not going to be about winning etc, but about enjoing the RP. Spending hours on reloading might be a bit pointless. Perhaps you can do something about it via RP.
    Last edited by Jadli; January 30, 2019 at 04:13 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Sorry, but since the beginning it was made clear this hotseat is not going to be about winning etc, but about enjoing the RP. Spending hours on reloading might be a bit pointless. Perhaps you can do something about it via RP.
    I know I know, the reloading was doing slightly different movements to try to win, as the battle was in quite good odds etc. And hey, writing RP about winning a battle for a change would be fun
    RP is in anyways
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

The first army of Doriath left the safety of the forest , to seek the lair of Ungoliant , and was pleasantry surprised to see the great cave had been surrounded by the forces of King Turgon of Gondolin . To make contact with these most worthy of elfves , a scout was sent ahead of the army, to check out the situation at the nest, before the army proceeded, as the elf's of Doriath had no wish to aggravate the problems and the history between the sylvan elf's and the elfs of the Noldor.

In the east, the outriders of Doriath rode eastwards at ever greater speed, heading to the base of the mountain range , and hoping to find a settlement of the dwarfs so they could complete their mission. Earlier in the day , messages where received from the Noldor elfs, representing the sons of Feanor to the north , which seemed to be under fierce attack from Balrogs and the massive armies they commanded. The elfs to the north asked for aid, but the cavalry stuck to the mission they had been granted, as everywhere in the lands seemed to be at risk , these days, and even if they rode day and night , they would arrive too late, and with too little strength to make any difference in the battles to the north.

There was also a message from the Falathrim warning of another great evil army of beasts that was approaching from the southwest , and scouts returned highlighting there was indeed a army there, but it was currently attacking a Nargothrond settlement , and a message was sent to Finrod to make a coordinated response to such a threat.

--------------------

Gorlim [otherwise known as the unhappy] crawled forward on his belly moving the branches of the brush a little to the side, as he looked over and examined the ground before him . The sight he could see , showed a large orc camp sprawled over the lands below, with all its trials and tribulations , as the orcs beat and whipped the miserable slaves they had captured from the nearby human inhabitants. Unfortunately for Gorlim, the strength of the orcs in this area, had been growing of late, due to the activities of him and his leader , Beren who had shepherded the outlaws, to kill around a four score orcs and goblins [he reckoned], and leaving their dissembled and burnt bodies, as a message that the orcs didn't fully rule these lands. He slowly held his breath, slowly letting the foliage move back into place , as he crawled backwards leaving the site , as silently as he had arrived, planning a different route to his objective , which was the whole point of this hunting trip.

It had been some weeks since he had departed Beren since the last raid and his travels had net him another ten individual kills of orc from a distance with his bow, and it seemed his personal fame might have been elevated, he mused due to the increased patrols the orcs had implemented in the captured lands , as they sought to capture the outlaws. Overhearing some of the orcs speech , he gathered that the high command of the orcs , was split between Gothmog and Sauron in this area, and each sought to impress Melkor with there prowess in battle , and sought ever greater victories on the field , leaving a minor Balrog in charge of the situation to subjugate the previous lands of Beor.

Another few weeks of careful avoidance and even a few days hiding out in a cave, allowed the older hunter, to return near to the village he was born , and his heart began to beat faster , at the hope that was being rekindled in his soul . Could it possibly be true , that his wife had survived the orc attack and raid, that had lead to the destruction of all he held dear? This indeed would be perhaps another mystery that he could solve on this mission, which he had requested from Beren , and the reason for his separation from the outlaw band, and here just over this hillside , he would be within sight of his old home.

Nearing the hillside, he saw what seemed to his eyes a small miracle of sorts, as half the village had been destroyed, but half still remained with children running around in the narrow streets, and smoke rising from chimneys of the thatched cottages . Still suspicious of tricks he sought , to see something wrong with the scenario , his eyes sucked in , but no evil could he see nearby, and with his heart, filling with hope and gladness, he slung his bow over his weary shoulders and began to move down the hillside with his eyes focused on his own home. Children seeing the figure slowly descending from the nearby hill scattered , disappearing between swiftly shut cottage doors, and the grizzled hunter, moved into the street he knew so well, but his eyes had only one thought , for one particular homestead, were smoke slowly wove upwards in a welcome familiar pattern of his health.

As he neared his thatched home , he saw a glimpse of his wife, waving at him from the window , for she had lost none of her youthful charm, and seemed as bright and sunny as the day he had married her. He began to break into a run , ready to reach the door, to throw it open , and his heart , almost burst out of its chest, with happiness when a large blackened hand reached unto his right shoulder, and he spun around , looking into the face of a orc champion , with his band of twenty orcs standing behind the leader, with weapons and bows pointed at the unfortunate man of Beor.

Forced to the floor, and hands bound , he shouted and screamed to be reunited with his wife, who had vanished from the window of the cottage, and many of the orcs forced him to the floor , beating at his back to break his furious struggling when he heard the heavy ground breaking steps of a Balrog stepping out of the shadows to the north. The orc champion was relieved that someone of authority had arrived , and stepped back to explain to the Balrog , who they had captured and explained the situation , to the otherworldly demon , who began to grin a toothy grin of opportunity.

"Outlaw of Beor! You stand here .... in defiance of the word of Melkor and his conquests? Have you nothing to say ..to plead for your life ?", rasped the tall balrog, between growls of heat filled outbreaths which wilted some of the nearby vegetation .

"I would give you my life and more" , spoke the unfortunate Gorlim , "If you but release my wife...and let her go free....", said Gorlim who still looked to his old cottage, where there was still no more sign of his wife from the window, and some small part of him , still wished to see one more glimpse of her before he was slain .

The Balrog considered the words of the pitful man of Beor , that knelt before him , looking over the village, and the house , that held the glances of the captured Gorlim and laughed aloud delighted at his price, against the backdrop of cheering and dancing orcs.

"I shall give you that and more....." , breathed the Balrog , "For Sauron thought that some of the outlaw bands of men , would return .........and to the first of those that returned , looking for there loved ones, I was bid to say his words..", the Balrog hesitated a second , as if recalling the words of his master.

"Sauron bid me say thus.............Sauron is not as evil as many believe him to be and he understands the struggles of men .......To this end , if you would but give me the hidden location of the outlaw band .....Then for his show of submission, he would grant ,a oath .....[said the Balrog pointing a clawed finger at the cottage] ...that he would be reunited with his beloved wife...", said the Balrog in slow deliberate voice.

Gorlim didn't think he would be a much of a oathbreaker in telling the Balrog the location of the hidden camp , for he thought It might be possible that Beren might have changed the camps position , with the shear fact, that Gorlim hadn't returned for over a month [is how he rationale'd it to himself], and with the chance of regaining his wife, his life would be fulfilled . It took only five more minutes of consideration , when his voice spilled out , that the outlaw band was hidden around Tarn Aeluin.

"Can I now be reunited with my wife?", called out Gorlim , his desperate need to see and be with his wife again , blinding him from his situation.

The Balrog laughed aloud , at the pitful man , unhooking a massive axe where red veins of blistering heat, speckled the black iron axe head, as Gorlim felt the heat emanating of both Weapon and the Balrog.

"Know then....Man of Beor .....That my master , thanks you for your information , .........unfortunately what you perceive as your wife is but a mere spectre , of those that had already fallen in these lands ...recreated by Saurons magic......But he will ...as promised reunite you with your wife", finished the Balrog, observing the dawning hope of the man turning to dismay as the giant axe swung down , relieving Gorlim of his troubles.......

{This was to be done from one of the evil factions..and indeed one did ask to avoid using the characters of Sauron[who actually was the character at hand] or Gothmog as they had other purposes to achieve in the war that raged amongst the lands...}

----------------------------

Beren didn't hear the ambush of his band of outlaws at the camp of Tarn Aeluin as he was distracted with the return of his party from there new orc raid they had just completed . Orcish black arrows appeared everywhere , as Beren ducked hither and thither, until he finally hit the floor rolling into the undergrowth. He saw Belegund the younger [his cousin] take a arrow in the throat as he fell to the ground, with a gurgle , and also saw on the beach near the tarn , the fallen body of Ragnor , but of the others he saw no signs. Hearing the sounds of combat ,all around , he stealthy got to his feet , and moved around the light trees that surrounded the tarn , finding only fallen bodies of orc and men, and after hearing the sounds of combat cease , knew that he was all alone and without help , as it was probably likely that most of his companions had fallen in the ambush they had walked into . Knowing that it would be certain death to return to camp , he fell back into the nearby mountains , where he hunted and kept a low profile for a few months , before he returned to overlook his camp , only to find the heads of all his fellow outlaws[apart from Gorlim] stuck on roughly shaped posts around the camp with all of there possessions all heaped together and burnt.

Returning to the cave in the mountains , Beren spent the night weeping at the loss of his friends and kinsmen , but by the morning his resolve had returned. Hunting by day and by night , he returned to the forests, perfecting his woodcraft, he sought orc death after death for revenge of his family and tribe. {add jermiah Johnson song.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOQCyjHRzss } . Day after day , living in the wilds , he began to learn the ways [and friendship] of the animals of the forest and mountains which aided him greatly in escaping the attention of the massive party of orc capture parties . Week after week , he ambushed the smaller orc patrols , cutting them down , or raiding orc camps , and leaving one or two dead orc sentries from silent kills, that the rest of the orc camp would find in the morning light. Eventually his fame grew far and wild , as he caused so much confusion and destruction at his hands , that a massive bounty was put on his head, equal to the sum [and regard] that they place on Fingon of the Noldor in there respect for the troubles he was causing for the evil side in the lands of Beor.

With the new bounty on his head, and with the new orc commanders given extra legions to scour the land to bring his head to Sauron , he knew that that hiding in the lands of Beor , would be a death wish , and as he was starting to recover from the anger and dismay he had felt at the loss of his folk , and growing tired of the killing he had wrote and withdrew to the south , leaving his homelands [he hoped not for the final time], and entering into the realm of Doriath, skirting around the edge of the mighty forest and often at times , wandering inside marvelling at its beauty. But one day , he found a different type of beauty within the forest..

The leaves were long, the grass was green,
    The hemlock-umbels tall and fair,
    And in the glade a light was seen
    Of stars in shadow shimmering.
    Tinúviel was dancing there
    To music of a pipe unseen,
    And light of stars was in her hair,
    And in her raiment glimmering.

There Beren came from mountains cold,
    And lost he wandered under leaves,
    And where the Elven-river rolled
    He walked alone and sorrowing.
    He peered between the hemlock-leaves
    And saw in wonder flowers of gold
    Upon her mantle and her sleeves,
    And her hair like shadow following.

Enchantment healed his weary feet
    That over hills were doomed to roam;
    And forth he hastened, strong and fleet,
    And grasped at moonbeams glistening.
    Through woven woods in Elvenhome
    She lightly fled on dancing feet,
    And left him lonely still to roam
    In the silent forest listening.

He heard there oft the flying sound
    Of feet as light as linden-leaves,
    Or music welling underground,
    In hidden hollows quavering.
    Now withered lay the hemlock-sheaves,
    And one by one with sighing sound
    Whispering fell the beachen leaves
    In the wintry woodland wavering.

He sought her ever, wandering far
    Where leaves of years were thickly strewn,
    By light of moon and ray of star
    In frosty heavens shivering.
    Her mantle glinted in the moon,
    As on a hill-top high and far
    She danced, and at her feet was strewn
    A mist of silver quivering.

When winter passed, she came again,
    And her song released the sudden spring,
    Like rising lark, and falling rain,
    And melting water bubbling.
    He saw the elven-flowers spring
    About her feet, and healed again
    He longed by her to dance and sing
    Upon the grass untroubling.

Again she fled, but swift he came.
    Tinúviel! Tinúviel!
    He called her by her elvish name;
    And there she halted listening.
    One moment stood she, and a spell
    His voice laid on her: Beren came,
    And doom fell on Tinúviel
    That in his arms lay glistening.

As Beren looked into her eyes
    Within the shadows of her hair,
    The trembling starlight of the skies
    He saw there mirrored shimmering.
    Tinúviel the elven-fair,
    Immortal maiden elven-wise,
    About him cast her shadowy hair
    And arms like silver glimmering.

Long was the way that fate them bore,
    O'er stony mountains cold and grey,
    Through halls of ireon and darkling door,
    And woods of nightshade morrowless.
    The Sundering Seas between them lay,
    And yet at last they met once more,
    And long ago they passed away
    In the forest singing sorrowless.

The tale of Beren and Lúthien
    Written by J.R.R. Tolkien
    The Lord of the Rings (1954 )

{I think this tale gives the meeting of Beren and Lúthien best....as There he met Lúthien, the only daughter of King Thingol and Melian the Maia, as she was dancing and singing in a glade. Upon seeing her Beren fell in love, for she was the fairest of all elves. She later fell in love with him as well, when he, moved by her beauty and enchanting voice, gave her the nickname "Tinúviel" (which means nightingale.) ]

After their meeting , the two lovers spent many of there happiest days under the stars within the peace of the forest, but both knew that such peaceful days [no matter there own wishes] could continue without the involvement of the rest of the world . It didn't take King Thingol long , to learn the news of his own daughter , had sought companionship in the arms of a mortal man . Despite the wise words of Melian , Thingol summoned the pair to the courtroom , to seek the truth of the situation , and so lo! , the pair , approached the courtroom of Thingol , and Melian in perhaps the greatest elfven kingdom under the stars to plead for them to be bound together.

At the court, Thingol was seething inside , that a mortal man had sought the hand of his daughter, and despite the words of Melian , the doom of pride was within him , that one of the first born of the world would stoop so low , as to fall for a mortal , one of the fairest elfs in all the lands, and to a mere man at that. He tapped his finger on his throne room chair as Beren approached and made his case , for the hand of his daughter, as his tapping grew ever pronounced to the clear dismay of Melian who observed her husbands quirks of behaviour and knew what that meant. Clearly Beren was a man , of heroic statue , as the massive bounty that Sauron had placed on his head, showed, and his heart was in the right place, in the house of Beor that had resisted the darkness from the north, and his father had saved the life of a elfven lord he respected in the name of Finrod Felagund ,King of Nargothrond , for he bore the ring of Barahir , once owned from that noble house of Nargothrond which he respected dearly.

But still this was his only daughter , and he was still but a mere mortal , so the king stood , interrupting the struggling plea's of both his daughter and Beren for there marriage to be accepted , and with his right hand still being held by Melian , he gave his proclamation of his thoughts of the marriage.

"Worthy Beren, ......its is clear ,you are man of some stature and heroism , and your name is known throughout the land, as a clear enemy of Melkor .......But you hold in your hands , the dearest of prizes for me , my wife and our people. You must prove to me and my people , that you are worthy of her love , and such a gift that I can give, by showing you have the courage and valour to keep her safe , especially with the enemies you keep."

The courtroom became silent as many of the noble elves took a deep breath , as all wondered where the king was going with such a statement, and Melian began to look anxiously at her own daughter, still feeling the pride and outrage of the elf-lord through his hand.

"To this ....I will give you a task , which if you can complete, ...you can have the hand of my daughter , who you cherish , and even a title with lands to spend the rest of your life in comfort within the safety of our lands", pronounced King Thingol.

Hope flared aknew within Beren and Luthie'ns eyes , as they saw all there dreams coming to pass, but for others of the court, who knew Thingol best, and suspected something more was still unsaid.

"For this quest I shall give to you Beren.......If you can but pluck one of the Silmarils , that adorn Melkors crown , and return it to me , so that I can give our people , the light of the valar , that is now hidden to the world, back to the elfs , then....as a replacement for the one and only light that we have here...my daughter ..that lights our forest best I will offer in return.", said Thingol , his eyes shining with triumphant fire , knowing the impossibility of the quest he had set the young man.

The courtroom erupted in anger, and furious questions as Beren and Luthien departed, as it seemed the love of the young couple was sure to be doomed at such a impossible quest , the king had set. King Thingol sat back on his throne , crossing his hands ,and a small grin broke out on his face, at the task he had thought out , highly pleased with himself, not even seeing the frown and dark looks his wife, Melian gave him from the other royal seat.

Beren exited the throne room with Luthien in toe , where they confronted and spoke together about the task the king had set upon him , with luthiel asking him not to attempt such a quest , and pleading that the king would surely relent such a task in time. But Beren refused such to face such shame , and swore he would complete the task no matter the obstacle , for surely their love was meant to be , and that hope would surely lead his quest to success.

With Beren definitely set on the path to complete the impossible quest, Luthien then swore that she to would not be parted from him , and that she would also travel with him , so that at least in that fashion they should not be parted from each other . Beren consided the risk that he would be putting her under, and with the arrival of the royal guards, placing there hands on Luthiel to keep her underguard to not leave the lands of Doriath , seemed to dispel any doubts that she should stay , and that he would return , when he had completed the deed.

Beren departed the land of Doriath the next day , and was given plenty of elfven equipment that was befitting of a elf friend , and a nobleman of Beor, and escorted to the western edge of the forest , where the rangers of doriath wished him all the best, and left him to his own devices. Beren slept the night uneasy in his sleep on the edge of the forest, but rose early in the morning , with renewed hope in the task ahead. He would need allies and help to complete such a task , and his options were rather limited. He moved his head to the side, seeing in his mind eye a memory of Luthien's face and her smile which comforted him and knew that he couldn't let her down , and so he took his first footstep's westwards towards the lands of Nargothrond ,and his fathers friend , Finrod , where he might seek some help , and also the remainders of his own people , the House of Beor , who also lay to the west, where he might find some friends and travelling companions , to complete his quest.

Turn to Falathrim ,
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qm6ktuxpa...rim_8.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:15 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

The time had come and king Turgon ordered the elves of Gondolin march to breach the walls of Ennas Mornathron.. Hundreds stormed the walls on ladders while a ram was battering the wooden gate and it soon fell though Turgon and his men were met with no resistance and the town seemed empty though there was a foul smell and a sense of death in the air..

It was only when the elves were securing the streets, the vulnerable elves who were divided and dispatched throughout the town to search for any evil were set upon by the spawns of Ungoliant..

Hundreds of elves died when the spiders, great and small started to attack the elves throughout the city though a hard fight was fought in the streets of Ennas Mornathron and soon the Turgon and his men had the spiders surrounded in the town centre..

Turgon arrived to the front of the lines to lead to final charged and finally rid middle earth of Ungoliant and her spawns..

Only a dozen spiders were left but the greatest challenge was Ungoliant who was now a huge beast after all she has consumed these last years.. The great spider spots king Turgon and rushes his position in an attempt to kill the elf king of Gondolin..

Elven archers rained arrows upon the spiders killing all but the arrows bounced of Ungoliant and the great spider crashed into the elvish line sending dozens into the floor and crushing them. It seemed as though none could stop her as she ravaged her way towards Turgon, slashing and cutting she finally reached the elven king who stood firm with the staff of doom in one hand and glamdring in the other.. The king wore silver steel with his family crest on the breastplate..

Upon seeing the elvish king Ungoliant charges Turgon savagely trying to claw turgon though the elf was quick and was able to dodge her attacks.. The battle had lasted half an hour until finally king Turgon drives Glamdring deep into Ungoliants huge head finally slaying her..

With her death Ennas Mornathron was recaptured for the house of beor though no songs were song as near a thousand eldar lay dead..

Nargothrond up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/o5yvllzswde86kf/QS_Nargothrond_8.sav/file

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Nargothrond and the House of Bëor

Crossing the gates under the river Narog, Beren was brought to the magnificent halls of Finrod, Nargothrond. He had been caught on the Talath Dírnen by the ever watchful guards. He was led through the wonderous cavesystem until they reached the King's quarters where the golden-haired Finrod sat. Finarfin's firstborn's eyes looked kindly on the man of Bëor's House, clearly weary from his travels but garbed in the fine clothing of Doriath. A strange thing indeed, since humans were not allowed to enter Doriath and most of Bëor's folk had migrated to Hithlum to live with the men of Hador. Beren was brought before Finrod who recognized the kin of Barahir immediatly.

“Mae govannen kin of Barahir! What brings you to my halls so urgently?”

Beren did not reply and simply put his hand in his pocket. From it he took a silver ring in the form of two snakes adorning emerald eyes, one supporting a crown of golden flowers the other devouring. It was Finrod's ring whom he had given to Barahir, Beren's father, after the Dagor Bragollach. Finrod's eyes went from the ring to the man's eyes, who started to speak.

“I am Beren, son of Barahir of the House of Bëor. I am the last of my noble House and come asking your aid in my quest.” Beren said.
    “My father told me if I were to ever be in need I should come to Finrod Felagund, friend of Barahir.”

“Your father was right, I am indebted to him and his line and I will aid you as much as I can.”
    “Pray tell what this quest of yours is, Beren son of Barahir?” Finrod answered.

“My quest is to steal one of the Silmarils from Morgoth's crown.”
    the man replied.

The King's face creased in concern. A dark doom surrounded this man and Finrod had a sense of foreboding evil.

“Why in the name of the Valar would you embark on a task that is sure to fail and will certainly lead to your death or worse?” he asked Beren.

They talked long and openly about the quest and why Beren was embarking on it, to win the hand of Lúthien. It was clear to Finrod that Thingol wanted Beren dead but by invoking the Silmarils in such a fashion he had bound himself to its doom. Finrod said that a dark curse laid upon the jewels and that any who spoke of them in desire would awaken a sleeping power. The Oath of Fëanor.

“Though your quest seems hopeless, I am honourbound to aid you and will do so willingly. I will stand true to the word I gave Barahir.” the King said.

Following their private conversation, Finrod tried to convince the elves of Nargothrond to join him in helping Beren in his need but was counteracted by Celegorm and Curufin of the House of Fëanor, who had taken residence in Nargothrond after the disaster of the Dagor Bragollach and had grown influential at court. Celegorm spoke in a fell voice, befitting a son of Fëanor, that this 'man' had no right to claim one of the Silmarils as they rightly belonged to Fëanor's descendants, as stated by their Oath. He quoted a part of said oath, that none would stand between them and the Silmarils be they foe or friend, be he foul or clean, brood of Morgoth or bright Vala, Elda or Maia or Aftercomer. And that they would make war upon all who witheld the Silmarils from them. Curufin added in a soft but dark and foreboding tone of all the horrors that would befall Nargothrond if they were to aid this man. The Sons instilled such fear and doubt within the Noldor of Nargothrond they were not willing to leave their stronghold on the river Narog and argued that Finrod could not demand it from them. Finrod, disheartened, being abandoned by his people, took from his golden head his silver crown and cast it down on the floor, saying.

“Your oaths of faith to me you may break as you please, but I am bound by honour and friendship to this man and I will hold true to my word. I hope there are some who have not forgotten their allegiance as that I won't leave my own kingdom like a beggar thrown through the gates.”

Ten elves rose, with Edrahil as their leader who took Felagund's crown and bid the King to appoint a regent until their return. Finrod appointed his nephew Orodreth to be regent until his return but said to him.

“Should I not return, brother-son, you are to lead our people in these troubling times. Should I not return you will be the last of the House of Finarfin east of the great sea save for my sister Galadriel who resides in Doriath.
    Remember that. Farewell!”

Thus Finrod and Beren left Nargothrond with no more than ten companions.

The party hastened north, following the Narog to its source in the Ered Wethrin (Shadow Mountains) Near the Falls of Ivrin they came upon a small band of Orcs which they swiflty slew in a night assault. Here they donned themselves in the Orcish garb and took their weapons and by the power of Finrod's spells their forms were changed to resemble the creatures of Morgoth. Disguised they made great progress north entering the Vale of Sirion where they would have to pass their first obstacle, Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the Isle of Werewolves.

Battle screenshots
    Took back Tasarinan from the beasts of the wilds

Khazâd ai-Belegost up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gl6571...ost_8.sav/file
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; February 05, 2019 at 10:08 AM.

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

Oh sorry guys been really busy will have this turn-up tomorrow. Really sorry.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ahsracj0i0jt1mg/QS_Laegrim_8.sav/file Hey guys will have Rp up tomorrow I will try and do the insane amount paladin bob does while at uni.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

The news this fortnight was initially good. The enemy voluntarily relinquished its siege of Amon Ereb, leaving the House of Ulfang in control of the fortress. Gradually, however, the incoming messages grew darker. Massive hordes of bats, wolves, and other creatures gathered in the forests to the west, larger than anything the Laegrim had yet faced. Meanwhile, a new force of feral beasts was spotted advancing from the south. Soon the elves would once again be locked in a battle for their very survival.

High Chieftain Guorwe had for a brief time allowed himself to wonder if the worst was behind them. Had the main strength of the enemy been exhausted? Perhaps his forces could even consider advancing once again, and begin to pacify the dark, deep woods. Only now did he comprehend his folly. What had his people overcome so far, other than the gust of cold wind before the onslaught of the storm?

Will we be able to survive this? he wondered, gazing up at the solemn sky as it grew ever more bleak with the retreat of the tremulous sun. In the gloom of twilight, the chilling breeze provided no answer.

Morgoth:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-iX...ew?usp=sharing

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

The remnants of the Gondolin forces that had dispersed in the north had been routed but few survivors remained to bring fear and news of defeat to their kin in the south. The forces of the Dark lord begun to prepare their drive through the sirion pass into the south, setting up camp in the ruined forts that the Elves had built to contain Morgoth. More and more foul orcs were marching from Morgoth's citadels in the north to reinforce the armies of Gothmog and his Balrogs. In the east, the Elves of Faenor had suffered a major defeat as Amrod and his swift force of mounted troops had been encircled in their keep and annihilated. The once green plains of Ard Galen were now a wasteland of ash and fire as the armies led by Balrogs ravaged it wherever they went.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Melon; February 17, 2019 at 05:16 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know how Paldinbob does it i only got 500 words.

The reports where coming runners from across the dwarven kingdoms. The news was for always bad it seemed not a single victory was taking place and the world would crumble around them this evil darkness taking root in the world forevermore. The elves were battered beyond repair, the human tribes had been wiped out leaving nothing but darkness. And yet from the Blue Mountains, hope may come. The dwarves readied themselves for a way for the ages a war which would see their race rule the world or crumple the time for the elves was beginning to end. Humans had lost their noble houses with no one left to lead them it would be chaos with the human’s tribes raiding for food and land.
    “The time has come my friends we can not sit on our mountains sitting on the gold our forebears bled to get. We the dwarfs must now take an active stance in the world around us. No longer shall we linger in our fortresses we shall push forward and avenge all who have fallen to darkness every race will know that we the dwarves shall save this world,” the hall erupted with a cheer as the dwarves devolved back into their drinks.
    Another dwarven general lifted his axe into the air.
    “My brothers it has been shown the elves have no care for what has happened. We were never told of an attack which left us exposed. It is clear that we will rise to the challenge we shall lead the free people it is clear that we can win the war by dragging this so-called dark lord out of his hovel. We the dwarves shall push out and have victory by our beards victory shall be ours. Call the pikes we need them to make new coats from the scales of these dragons.” The hall erupted in another cheer.
    Looking out of the tent the massive army had been assembled the full might of the mountains had been assembled. The heavy plate could be found everywhere miners and smiths in equal number mining every night using the metal to build up their forces. Each day more weapons were made and every night armour was made. Day and night some areas of the camp where forever bathed in an orange glow. This would be the time of the dwarves.
    There was the fear from the east many small colonies where lost and yet the enemy had yet to be seen it was a worry. But even then, the dwarves had good information on the homeland of the dragons. The new dragon hunters had managed to sneak into there lairs finding the dragons and their small baby kin all needed to be killed to safeguard the free people. Humans would rule the plains, the dwarves the hills and mountains and the elves the forests. It was the only way forward. Everything else had to be purged.

Gaming Emeritus

Ulfang up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/wr6aon
    Will write my RP tomorrow.
    Took another settlement with the wolves.
    https://imgur.com/a/wuABJ7r

Gaming Emeritus