Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [RP HS] Quenta Silmarillion - First Age Roleplay Hotseat - SIGN UP

I agree with the above solution.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

I also support joerock's proposition.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Now that I heard a better idea than mine I support aswell.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

“Let me lead our armies, father! I am ready!”

High Chieftain Guorwe resisted the urge to snap back at his son in kind. He understood why Nurwe wanted to go, but despite the latter’s words, he was not ready to go into battle once more. Guorwe was not blind; he could easily see how his son was haunted by his first experience in battle. Gradually the veil was lifting, but the life had not yet fully returned to his eyes. So no, Nurwe was not yet ready.

“My decision is final,” he stated, more coldly than intended. Nurwe’s teeth ground together, but he held his tongue, breaking eye contact and taking to staring at the floor with something akin to petulance. Guorwe bit back a sigh.

“Soon enough it will be time for you to lead our forces in battle again, my son,” he said, softening his tone. “But for this first foray into enemy lands, should it not be the high chieftain at the head of our army?”

Nurwe had no answer for that, his own expression betrayed his acknowledgement of the point.

“Besides,” Guorwe continued, “I need you to learn the fine art of diplomacy as well.”

“Diplomacy,” Nurwe repeated bitterly. “You mean the fine art of answering ridiculous letters from weak kings begging for help. What do they think we are doing down here in the south, dancing around campfires and counting tree rings?”

“Every people believes its own menace to be the most dangerous in all the world,” Guorwe replied sagely. “They are frightened, and frightened leaders call for help, without considering the situation of the recipient of their pleas. You will make them understand, that we Laegrim are fully engaged in our own war. We are doing our part; by our blood alone is a massive horde of evil creatures prevented from sweeping upon their lands from the south. You will also inform them that if we prevail in this struggle, we will not hesitate to send aid. And you will be cordial about it. You will be-”

“Kingly?” Nurwe supplied, a hint of amusement quirking his lips.

Guorwe smiled grimly. “Precisely.”

Guorwe heaved a deep breath, taking comfort in the memory. That had been a few days ago. A few days of fast marching to reach the edge of their realm, to cross the river into hostile territory. An army of wolves and bats was gathering. Scouts had reported that they were spread out in order to avoid detection, which is why Guorwe had decided on a preemptive strike rather than allowing them to combine their forces and invade the Laegrim homelands once again. He prayed the enemy was still spread out, as the scouts had indicated.

They were. If the wolves and bats had worked together and attacked in one massive wave, Guorwe was not sure his army could have prevailed. But the savage beasts knew no discipline, and when presented with a veritable feast of elven victims, they were unable to resist their hunger and charged in piecemeal. Even so, many Elves lost their lives. Despite the losses, after the battle morale was high among the survivors. They had won their first victory in enemy lands. With skill and luck, they hoped to ensure that their comrades back home would never have to fight in their homelands ever again.

Morgoth:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKe...ew?usp=sharing

Battle 1:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xRk...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v7h...ew?usp=sharing

Battle 2:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WPf...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GN4...ew?usp=sharing

Battle 3:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_l...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/108Z...ew?usp=sharing

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Need slight extension

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Sorry to hold up the hotseat, but I didn't really pay attention to this apparent rule change until it came time to play my turn. Dragon posted this on discord last week:

I don't like allowing the evil creature factions to use spies without restrictions. To me, a better solution is to say that if an evil creature army successfully sieges a settlement for one turn (meaning the enemy can't relieve it), then the admin can spawn them a ballista so they can assault the settlement. Evil creatures already have excellent AR and cavalry MP. The don't need the advantage of being able to assault well-defended settlements without restriction. Those advantages more than make up for their inability to recruit ballistas/catapults, IMO.

I realize bats can fly over walls and spiders can crawl over them. But sentries would see a large army of evil creatures coming from a long way off, and a well-defended settlement would resist for a long time regardless. So the defenders would have time to bring reinforcements in from other areas. The only way to represent this in-game is to treat the evil creature armies the same as everyone else. Make them siege a well-defended settlement like everyone else, and then allow them to assault the settlement after one turn like everyone else.

I need to know which way this is going to go before I play my turn.
    Alright, lets implement that!

Dragon is an admin too anyway, so it will not create any delays.

And of course, if they have "normal" siege equipment (like the one with Glaurung), they can still take a settlement in one turn...
    Last edited by Jadli; November 27, 2018 at 01:31 AM.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Booming laughter echoed in the halls of Angband, causing all of the denizens in the fortress to cower in awe of the dark voice of their master.

The house of Beor has fallen and now the pitiful children of Illuvatar have assembled in protest.....

Morgoth chuckled at the defiance he saw from the Elves, watching their assembled hosts using dark magic. His own forces had assembled at the ruined Elven fort where his armies had first struck at the beginning of the war. In the east his armies were on the move as well, marching and destroying all in their path towards the eastern plains of Ard Galen. The war was progressing well so far and the Morgoth was eager to see his finest creations destroy all that the Valar held dear.

Gothmog watched the army in the distance, his fiery gaze piercing the distance the horizon, for he could see farther than most other beings. The Elvish host was large and forces from all many of the kingdoms had assembled. It was futile and naive for them to think they had any chance of destroying the mighty horde he was leading. Now that the House of Beor was destroyed, no human kingdom could come to the Elves' aid in significant numbers. Once this host was destroyed, the door lay would be open to the south and the Elven kingdoms themselves. Soon he would see to it that they would all burn....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gaming Emeritus

House Ulfang up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/i6due2

I can write RP either tomorrow or in saturday at one point.

Captured a dwarven village, a Feanor fort, Ungoliants Lair, a Laegrim village and Nargothrond settlement. The siege on Raugdauth ruins has been broken (forgot to take victory result screen, but I think it is obvious it was possible).
    https://imgur.com/a/mPuFo8D

With the new rule for my factions I used it to take some of the above mentioned places. The Feanor fort, Ungoliants lair and Nargothrond settlement was besieged in previous turns (nargothrong settlement was besieged 2 turns ago and was still under siegeup to now).

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Houe of Ulfang subbed, Fingolfin up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/5o1o3u...fin_6.sav/file

Creatures of the night defeated! PICS

Gaming Emeritus

The remnants of House Beor has been scattered every way they could to survive the onslaught the dragons brought upon them, but their attempt most of the time failed, as the fast moving drakes quickly caught up to the fleeing men. Only a handful managed to retreat back to a remote settlement south from their former capital, making a last stand and to bear the banners of their house one last time. Glaurung sent many of his children to deal with, that token remnant presence, while he slowly marched towards the west, towards the land off the elves, to bring his flames to turn everything into cinder.

In the outskirts of the mighty Blue Mountains a small dwarven village fell to the onslaught of drakes, that suddenly strike on the settlement. At the same time on the other side of the mountains a small elven fortification aswell got destroyed by the drakes. Both place the defenders stood no chance againts the draconic forces and quickly died in the fights. The host of the dragon horde enswarming the inner mountains returned to the dwarven city, that got overran by their sheer number, to make sure the former dwarven halls will be be a good new frontier colony for the children of Glaurung.

Between the lands of Beor and Doriath Ungoliant stormed his former cave, feasting on the small number of men, that defiled his lair and burned out many of her fine web creations. She satisfied her hunger of those poor souls and quickly remade his lair back to its former glory and already preparing to create a new generations of spiders to enroach the rich elven lands.

The creatures of the night felt their first major defeat by the forces of light and the dark lord doesn't not like failures. With the horde being defeated and chased back to their lairs a small number of elves tried to follow them to lead their mighty army to smoke the ruins out. Unfortunately while they were sneaking, they weren't alone in the woods following the trails of the defeated packs, they were watched by another, smaller but newly arrived wolf pack. They stroke from the shadows quickly killing half of the elves and chasing the rest away. The survivors managed to escape with their horses, but they didn't find the lairs, not yet atleast.
    Another smaller horde made its way through the vast green plains on the edge of the Laegrim borders, to move around the great rivers that protect their lands and hit them in another location. A small avari village was the destination, that also held an entrance into the inner Laegrim kingdom. The village was quickly overran and its denizents were killed without mercy.
    With bloodlust flowing through the warg horde rampaged through the lands of the men belonging to House Ulfang. The large pack even dared to assault an army of men, however in their lust for human flesh, they were caught in a trap instead, as a reinforcing human army closed down on the flank of the raugdaur swarm, quickly shredding through them, killing many of the creatures and scatter the ones that ran away. Even after the initial first battle a second smaller one happened, where a slowly reorganizing pack was hit hard and chased away with even more dead warg left behind.
    At the borders of the Kingdom of Nargothrond the large town of the elves finally was overrun by the swarm of bats and wargs, that surrounded the settlement for weeks now. With no reinforcement and any help coming the defenders were quite weakened and on a moonless night the creatures attacked, quickly overrunning the walls and running rampant within the town itself, turning it into a bloodbath. Not many made it alive from it and now a soulless town was left behind, as the swarm moved to their next target.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Fingolfin
    [IMG][/IMG]

“Yes, my king, the Balrogs are still encamped at the fort and the vicinity,” said one of the captains. “Our scouts are stationed all around the camp, ready to inform us of any movement.”

“Do we have a better estimate now of how many legions we are facing, Durufin?” asked the king.

“The orcs are numerous, like ants on a hillock; the scouts informed me there must be close to ten thousand of them, not counting the Balrogs and trolls.”

Fingolfin stood up from his chair and looked at the elvish encampment on the western slope of the hill, where they rested for the night. Then his eyes turned to the eastern side, where the men of House Marach were bivouacking. It’s been a long time since he could look at such a great host of men and elves. Countless banners unfurled, dancing on the wind. The sun glancing off of the tips of spears and displaying the emblems on the shields of each house. The view was magnificent. But would all of this be enough to defeat the orcish and goblin army, who were now riding on high spirits after their victory over Lord Bregolas and his people?

“My king?” Durufin asked after a longer pause, awaiting orders.

“Sound the trumpets, make ready to depart. We are going to battle” the king answered. “Inform my son, Fingon, that he will be commanding our elven host, as the vanguard. He will position our battalions to the north-east of our enemy. Let the men of House Marach march behind him and position on Fingon’s west flank. To my brother-sons send word to march out, as well. I want them to fall on the orcs from the south-west. Finally, say to Lord Ecthelion to hasten and with his host converge on the enemy from the south, and doing so we should be secure on all sides and prevent any orcs from circling around us.”

“Yes, king!” said captain Durufin. Though he felt excitement at the thought of swift battle to come, he remained dignified before the king.

When the captain left, Fingolfin sat down again. He did not expect how hard and tiresome it would be to make this decision. He felt absolutely exhausted, as if he had just climbed to the summit of one of Ered Wethrin’s mountains in full armor and weapons in hand, and carrying a heavy pack on his back. After all, the lives of so many were at stake and he was responsible for them.

With these thoughts in mind the king made some final preparations before departing and went to meet with his son.

House Marach

The men of the household of Hador were just finishing their morning meal. Galdor and his sons, Hurin and Huor were with them. Soon the blaring of horns was heard throughout the encampment and having received news from Fingolfin’s messenger about going to battle, they knew the time has come to march out. Old Hador looked at his son and grandsons. He nodded to them and they knew… it was time.

Being mortal men and knowing that such an occasion might not come again soon, they were eager to go fight and show their worth. They were proud to represent the House of Marach, but even prouder to fight alongside the elves and their overking, Fingolfin. They were willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice and die for him and the free peoples of Beleriand, if that’s what it takes.

Feanor:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngLJt2NVce89BG-n0PLvCsvbe0YTv9To

(ooc) Do you prefer this font size or the smaller one? I know everyone is using the small one, but for me personally it's easier to read longer amounts of text with a bigger font. Maybe it's also a matter of spacing the text out, between paragraphs.
    Last edited by Adanedhel; December 01, 2018 at 08:53 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'll need an extension please, I'm very much exhausted
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Sorry for the lateness, I've been incredibly busy lately. It's currently 23:50 and 7 hours till I have to wake up, so I'll post the save now and edit in the rp tomorrow, Doriath up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v-F...ew?usp=sharing
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

done my turn..just waiting on a admin query..
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

King Thingol tapped his foot as courtier after courtier pressed there various messages as the management of his domain began to provide him with a dire position of the outside world and its suffering . Even Turgon , the king of Gondolin had sent a communication asking for aid, highlighting the misery of the House of Beor in the north . Weighed down , with story after story , of the darklord winning victory after victory , his tapping became more pronounced, until finally he could stand it no more , standing up.

"Enough!", roared the King , and turning to one of his most trusted of advisors , he queried, " To the abyss , with all this bad news! What can we send out to reduce the suffering of the people of these lands?"

The advisor looked down at his feet, avoiding the kings gaze, whilst he made a quick accounting , of the elven forces and the threats there were to face.

"ahem..." , said the advisors finally looking at the king and clearing his throat, "Of aid, to the outside , probably very little , if we wish to protect the forest, against the forces , which asail us. Remember my lord, shelob and ungoliant still are a threat , which is not destroyed , and there there may be threats unseen , we need to prepare for? Also remember , our troops will not fight under a noldor leader considering it is there bane that has caused these problems"

The King stared at the advisor , who took a shameful supplicant look , and gave a slight shrug , at his opinion of the situation , but ultimately the responsibility lay with the king. Thingol became lost in thought and leaned sideways to consult with his wife, Melian, as they considered the options , with slight whisper's that couldn't be heard on the air, even with elfven ears. Finally they moved back to there normal sitting positions as Thingol made a announcement.

"We will not and cannot stand idle , whilst the world turns to darkness , all around us , and none should have it said, that Thingol and his people did nothing whilst the children of men , and elfves lay slain on the cold ground. As for help in leading these forces , we can look to Nargothrond or to the falathrim, for our people would be sure to follow their advise or commands , as we know not of the lands to the north ", he finally stretched out his at his advisor with a pointed finger commanded.

".....I command , that on the eastern defences , that three cavalry companies and two elite archer bands , shall move eastwards to the dwarfs, in there hour of peril. To be sure, our response , is not perhaps the forces they expect, but perhaps the best we can send in these dire times."

"As for the House of Beor , they are in peril , and the kingdom of Doriath , shall make a mighty host which shall move northwards , to their aid . Hopefully we can strike a blow against Ungoliant on the way past, if luck favours our troops . Thus have we spoken , and so shall it be....", the king then stood and held out his hand , taking the outstretched hand of the lady Melian , as both with graceful movement , strode out from the throne-room inside the caves of Menegroth.

The advisor shook his head at such a move, and knew that he had his work cut out for him with reallocations of troops and the defence of Doriath. The elven smith's would be working double shifts , to make sure the army had enough arms and armour before the army marched out in the next season. The messages sending out the light force to the dwarfs would be easy to achieve, and as such they would be able to sent out on there long journey with all speed , for they had much ground to travel. As for the bigger force, he scratched his head, knowing that he had the nucleus of a army already formed , which had blunted Ungoliants attack in the north, and perhaps that could be reinforced to make a bigger army-group . He struck his fist into his otherhand , synapse's firing inside his head ,as he began to leave the courtroom , thinking out all the alternatives, he could manage and balance.

Turn to the Falathim
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0re5vm6dg...rim_6.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:14 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

"It is done, my lord, all the men we could gather have come," An officer told Halmir

"Good, then finally it is time, I will prepare myself then we will depart," the High Lord replied.

As Halmir armed himself he recalled the strange events of the last weeks. He ordered that all the men of Brethil be armed after reports came in of the darkness approaching. This was just a precaution however, he never thought he'd be marching forth with these men. But news of the fall of Dorthonion urged him to act, and now he was going all in with the Elves in this war. He realized that if the foe's advance was not stopped soon then they would reach his people and then defeat would be assured, just like what has passed with the house of Beor. He also realized that he could not sit idle while all the other of the Edain were fighting so valiantly, including his kinsmen that volunteered to follow the Kingdom of Gondolin.

So he grabbed his bow, and his sword, and took command of his hastily assembled army.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lY...LcxF8Bnx2bE0Fd Gondolin

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

At last the lords Ecthelion and Glorfindel had joined with their allies in the north though the enemy had blocked the roads north cutting Glorfindel off from the main host and leaving him and his men vastly outnumbered they advanced non the less for their hatred for the orcs was deep, so the elves under Glorfindel set up camp outside the enemy fort close enough to catch a glimpse of the foul things that crept inside..

The lord Ecethelion fared better being but a few days ride from the combined armies of men and elves on the road but the situation they were met with was just as dire as Glorfindel for the nameless one sent legions of orcs led by the fallen Maiar led by their captain the feared and dreaded Gothmog lord of the Balrogs.

Few dared stand but mighty lords had answered the High Kings call to arms and marched with their armies with Hurin the fearless leading 3,000 warriors from his domain along with thousands of elves under the command of the heir of Fingolfin the high lord Fingon, brother to Turgon and son of Fingolfin both skilled warriors feared by orcs, though will the brave men triumph and slay the dreaded balrogs and free the land from evil is yet to be seen..

Meanwhile in the south King Turgon continues his march and sends a envoy to the house of beor with a gift of land in the west safe from the enemy..

Nargothrond up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/9ph6xzxitx5awst/QS_Nargothrond_6.sav/file

Content Emeritus

Sorry for the delay, will be up tomorrow!

Content Emeritus

Nargothrond and the House of Bëor

The long wait was at an end, something had to be done. The board was set and the Elvish Lords decided it was time to challenge the raging hordes of Morgoth head-on. Those present, not counting Angrod and Aegnor, were Fingon, son of the High King Fingolfin and with him came Vanimon, an Elvish Lord and the men of the House of Hador, From Gondolin came Ecthelion, Lord of the Fountain and Glorfindel, Lord of the House of the Golden Flower. The time had come to fight the monsters of Melkor and halt their advance or die trying. After a short march from Gobel Rivil they arrived at the smoking plain of Anfauglith.

The forces from Nargothrond were to engage the Orcs from the west with in support the men from Gondolin while the forces of Fingon would approach the enemy from the north with the men of Hador in tow. The idea was to quickly envelop the enemy position and crush the Orcs between the two Elven lines. When the enemy cam into view they did not find a disorganized band of Orcs but a battleline waiting for them, many of them carrying heads and limbs from the conquered men of Bëor. The Orcs' mocked and antagonised their Elven counterparts into a furious rage. Aegnor, whom had loved not only the people of Bëor but a particular woman from that house could no longer restrain himself and charged, his men following shortly after. Angrod, being more level-headed than his brother could do nothing else than sound the advance. The Elves made good progress in their thunderous charge and many of the Orcs fled before their burning eyes. The Elven advance was halted when reinforcements arrived with the Balrogs whipping the miserable creatures forward, into the grind.

"Brother!" Angrod cried. Aegnor didn't seem to hear while he gracefully sliced up Orc after Orc, his sword flowing like a stinging river.

"BROTHER!" Angrod cried again, now gripping his brother's shoulder. Aegnor turned ready to strike, tears flowing from his eyes but whether from rage or anguish none knew. Perhaps a bit of both.

"This is where we will hold them and wait for Fingon to support us." Angrod waited to see if the message had been registered before turning to his own men.

"THIS IS WHERE WE'LL STAND! ELBERETH GILTHONIEL!"

"ELBERETH GILTHONIEL!" the soldiers cried as the Orcs' frenzied charge hit them.

Angrod and Aegnor fighting side by side in the Dagor Bragollach

For now the fiery lieutenants of Morgoth kept out of the battle, being happy to send the arrowfodder to soften up the Elven defences. After half an hour of fierce combat, the Elves took heart at the sound of silver trumpets heralding Fingon's arrival. Fingon advanced from the north, as they had agreed upon but upon their arrival it was clear they would not be able to flank much. More Orcs kept flowing from the south in a seemingly unending stream to fill the gaps and expand the lines. It was clear to all that victory would not be achieved this day and as the sky darkenend the ELven hosts sounded the retreat. As the Elves retreated, the Balrogs finally joined the fray. Flaying their flaming whips they quickly gained on the Eldar and Edain. What started as an orderly retreat, soon turned into a panicked rout with the Elves fleeing in all directions. Battered and beaten Angrod supported his injured brother out from the battlefield and made haste back to Gobel Rivil.

They had lost.

Meanwhile in the mountains of Dorthonion the men of Bëor prepared for their inevitable demise in the Pass of Anach.

LORE
    Aegnor and Andreth

Aegnor was the third son of Finarfin, who himself was a son to Finwë, High King of the Noldor. Aegnor had, like his other siblings, golden hair which was uncommon for a Noldor who predominantly had black hair. This golden colour he had inherited from his father and in extension his grandmother, Indis of the Vanyar Finwë's second wife. It was said that Aegnor was terrible in battle and wih a consuming fire in his eyes yet for all that he remained very generous and was noble of spirit.

Andreth was the daughter of Boromir, 4th Chieftain of the House of Bëor and first Lord of Ladros. The Men of Bëor resembled the Noldor most in appearance being dark of hair and grey of eye. Andreth often visited her uncle Belemir from whose wife, the Wise woman Adanel, she learned many things concerning the lore of Man. After Adanel passed away, Andreth took her place as Wise-woman. Andreth had a great friendship with Finrod, Aegnor's elder brother, who during the Siege frequently visited her to talk with her wisdom on matters of both Elves and Man. One of these conversations has been written down in the
    Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth

Aegnor first saw Andreth in a reflection of Lake Aeluin in Ladros where they fell in love with each other. At the time the Siege of Angband was still ongoing and according to the law of the Eldar, no marriages were to happen during war time. Aegnor would not take a bride among the Eldar and Andreth would not take a human husband. Both ended up unwed and childless as Aegnor died in battle during the Dagor Bragollach and Andreth died in the same year, yet it is no specified if she died during the invasion of Ladros or she died of old age, being 94 at the time.

Battle results

*I was given permission from the admin Jadli to post this defeat for RP reasons.

Dwarves of Belegost up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a7l0qw...ost_6.sav/file

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Wow, 9,000 good cannot defeat 10,000 orcs? Are the evil forces very high quality or just normal orcs?