Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

Default Re: [RP HS] Quenta Silmarillion - First Age Roleplay Hotseat - SIGN UP

sorry people been busy with uni finished now will have this up tommorow

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3lxv8p3srs7rcal/QS_Laegrim_10.sav/file

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

No RP from me. Just expressing my frustration that this battle is not winnable, despite a numerical advantage and 7:4 odds:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uIs...ew?usp=sharing

It's not even close. The best result was an average defeat killing 1300 for the loss of 2500. I don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

Morgoth:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1awB...ew?usp=sharing

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

The dark halls of Angband echoed a terrifying roar, filled with rage and hate as Morgoth realized that one of the Silmarils was stolen from his crown by the thieves. A pair of lowly scum, an elf and her human lover, had stolen one of his most prized possessions. Unspeakable torture and suffering was waiting for them once he captured them. Morgoth's rage had also woken his whole court who had fallen prey to the sleeping spell and began to pursue the thieves who could not have made it far. Morgoth himself gave chase as well, with a limp but nevertheless causing vibrations on the ground as his massive form did with every step. Such was his rage and focus on getting catching the thieves, that he even crushed a number of orcs who happened to be in front of him as he and his court made way for Angband's gates. Carcharoth woke from his slumber as well and had intercepted the thieves as they were making their escape. Cornering Beren and luthien, the werewolf snarled and prepared to attack as Beren lifted the Silmaril in defence.

"BEGONE VILE BEAST!" yelled Beren as he raised the silmaril.

It was in vain as his hand and the Silmaril it was holding was swallowed up by the werewolf. Suddenly the werewolf howled in great pain as he went mad with rage and began running out of the corridor into the mass orcs swarming in, tearing, crushing and snapping at all who stood in his way. This was the chance the thieves needed and so made a run for it to Angband's entrance.

As the chasing host emerged from Angband a huge shadow swept over them as the giant eagle Thorondor flew towards the mountain flanking the gates accompanied by two lesser eagles. Morgoth realized that the eagles were picking up the thieves in their talons to be carried off. Two small figures in the distance could be seen in the eagles' talons as the giant birds flew off towards the south. Further enraged beyond comprehension, Morgoth took his hammer Grond and smashed the ground repeatedly, causing an earthquake which in turn causing the Iron Mountains to begin erupting, terrifying all those who could see them. He had lost his chance at capturing the thieves.

Morgoth turned to his commanders.

"Take all of your swiftest riders and follow those cursed eagles! Follow them till the ends of the world if need be!" Morgoth boomed as they scampered off in fear to their wargs.

He would get his stolen property back or all will suffer for it...

In the east, the final stronghold of the elves in Ard-Galen had been taken as two hosts of Angband broke through the city gates using troll catapults that had recently arrived with reinforcements. Every single inhabitant was slain and the stronghold put to the torch as the forces of Morgoth made their way south-east. The war was proceeding well on both fronts for the forces of the Dark lord.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Melon; May 10, 2019 at 03:15 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Fingolfin up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/wczx8c

As the forces of Morgoth were ever pushing into deeper the lands of the elves and men, the dragonkind was busy assembling a new horde in the blue mountains, so that new Dwarven halls will be conquered and taken to establish more colonies.
    Meanwhile Glaurung follows the path the Balrogs are paving for him towards the deeper parts of Beleriand. It will take some time before he and his following children will see another combat, but if that comes Glaurung will show once more to the world what is the might of the Dragons.

With greatly increased numbers Shelog, last children of the Great Ungoliant sent forth his offsprings to take back the cave of Ungoliant and to chase away the intruding elves from their hunting lands. Their presence was now more irritating even, if they are a great prey and food source, however the elves are also the most dangerous as their weapons and fighting skills possess great threat againts the spiders. Yet the former lairs must be retaken in order to provide the necessary shelter, Shelog needs to increase her great web in the world.

The Raugdúath, creatures of the night were relentlessly hunting in the lands of the elves and men punishing any openings they leave within their borders and terrorizing any settlements and its inhabitants whereever they can. The recent attack againts House Haldad was a devastating attack againts the unsuspecting humans. Their counterattack so far was unsuccesful, however the last skirmishes and fights battered down the horde thats roams their lands.
    https://imgur.com/dTDavLS

Meanwhile another the great wolf pack roams the lands of the Avari and striking at their next undefended settlement, running over the small number of guards and rampaging through the village.
    https://imgur.com/Rg45dN8

However on the other side of the river 2 of the largest horde the world ever saw coming from the dark forests gathered and in their path only the avari armies lead by their King stood, protecting the only way into their lands, a rivercrossing. Its a choke point the elves prepared for any outside attack, however the Raugdúath didn't fear much and their Dark Lord having confidence in the numbers the 2 horde gathered and the order to attack was given. Hundreds of wolfs, wargs, bears and giant bats swarmed out of the forests all moving towards the bridge on the rivercrossing. In mere half day they reached the crossing and after a few minutes charged towards it and the elven defenders. The elves were prepared for the attack and their bows shot hundreds of arrows into the air severly injuring any beast they hit, however even with the devastating arrow storms the creatures managed to cross the bridge and engaged the forward defenders. The elves in close combat slashed, pierced the beasts with their fine quality swords and spears, however the claws and teeths of the creatures were as dangerous for the elves aswell. The forward leader of the elves, Herenyonnen commanded all of his men to stay their ground but in one moment his life ended when a great warg jumped and closed his mouth upon his neck ending his life instantly, but despite his death his men kept fighting. However as the Dark Lord was confident the tide of battle was turning to the elves instead, who held their ground even with hundreds of body smashing to them. Slowly but steadily the number of the creatures dwelled down. Soon the command echoed and the creatures withdraw and spreaded out into the wildlands, while the battered elves finally let out a sigh of relief. The battle was over and the Raugdúaths greatest horde was defeated, but the elves didn't achieve this without good number of casualties.
    https://imgur.com/emAOgpW
    https://imgur.com/q5jvXp1
    Last edited by General Dragon.; May 03, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Citizen

Dragon - much respect. If I had known that you were going to RP the Raugduath as the semi-intelligent creatures they are, I would not have complained. Obviously I would never expect a Morgoth faction to do something like this as their commanders possess higher intelligence. But if you are going to play the evil creatures in this way, then I will certainly buy back in, even if I end up losing in the end.

(And it looks like I might still be overwhelmed...holy crap did I lose a lot of elves! I will RP about that - but no more complaining at least )
    Last edited by joerock22; May 03, 2019 at 12:14 PM.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

You are right about Morgoth faction ork, Balrog and dragons/drakes commanders possessing higher intelligence, but even them would might get too "cocky" sometimes.
    While the Dark Lord gives commands to the beast they are still mostly beasts/animals going on by instinct sometimes. My bodyguards are beasts aswell, they just have ork picture.
    Also I rped it as a real battle, because ingame I could win probably, if I really try (didn't check with reloads), especially if the bridge isn't there but that wouldn't be that accurate.

(btw changed my avatar to represent an important part of this hotseat later on)
    Last edited by General Dragon.; May 03, 2019 at 01:04 PM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Feanor: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pS...vA1hn1Le19z6lV

The brooding quietness continues in the north-west, where the Noldor established many villages and towns for the refugees of war. For now they were allowed to live undisturbed, but for how long...

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I've been sick for the past week, and thus not been on TWC. I apologize for being late, if you'll allow me another day or two I'll have the turn done.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Just want to note that the OP is very out of date, particularly since I show up in it.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Day or two turned out a bit longer, but the deed is done. Doriath https://drive.google.com/file/d/14zU...ew?usp=sharing

So much blood had been spilt. So many lives lost. So many elves dead, and for naught. The host of Maedhros were truly hopeless against the mighty host of Melkor. The relentless horde of orcs kept on pouring south, and no elves could stand in their way. The vassals that were the House of Bór had sent their men north to fight, but they arrived too late. Alas, if only a turn more could be spared. So little time, and so much dead. So much dread.

Amras was filled with sadness. Twice he had seen the enemy come, and twice he had watched his folk perish from a distance. Men, women, children, the dark forces spared none. He watched the burning ruins of what was Ard-Galen, and thought of how it all could have gone. It was only last week that the fort protecting it was overrun, when he watched Amrod charge so valiantly out, with a great host of cavalry behind him. They pushed deep into the ranks of the enemy, but they all fell before the great Balrogs of Morgoth. The golden tide was stemmed there, before the fiery death. Slaughtered to a man. And there was nothing Amras could do.
    The host went north, and so defensive measures were put out around Ard Galen. The city was prepared for a long siege, and Amras was ready to charge in. Maeglor commanded the defenses of the city, where it would stand. As soon as the great enemy came, word would be sent to Himring where Mhaedros himself stood ready with an army to counterattack and drive back the foe. The Men of Bòr too arrived, with a small force gathering near Himring, and the other in the east. All withing one short march of Ard-Galen. When the enemy came, all they had to do was push. Ard-Galen had been sieged and held before, despite great losses. Thus, it had to hold again.

Alas, the gods willed it not so. The enemy came, and word was sent. But this time the forces of Morgoth were prepared, and had brought catapults with them to break down the walls. Maeglor was powerless to hold, for once the city was breached the garrison had no hope of holding them back. They fought valiantly as elves did, but they were too few and the enemy to many. Once the wall was breached, the tide of doom rolled in and slaughtered all. Maeglor himself fell, fighting on the front lines with his men. As flames rose up from the distance, Amras again watched from the south. Again, he was powerless. He could not save his twin by the fort, and he did not have time to save his brother. A dwarven diplomat came to Amras to warn of the enemy approaching, but he came too late. Ard-Galen was burned. And Amras cried.

Maedhros recieved word of the enemy approaching, and promptly marched out of Himring to drive the enemy back once and for all. On the way however he met Amras, who told him of what had already happened. With three fourths of his soldiers dead in the past weeks, Maedhros knew he had too few to fight back. He could not beat the foe, and he cried for it. Thus, he was left with only one option. The enemy would soon sack Himring, for with the catapults and thousands marching under the Balrogs and the dragons coming from the east Maedhros knew that he would just be left to another slaughter. And so, he called for the city to be abandoned, and for all elves to march south and reinforce what little land they had left. With a few turns they could summon a few more troops, but it was a vain hope. Maedhros lowered his head, mounted his horse and rode south with what remained of his folk.

Amras took one last look at the burning city of Ard-Galen, before mounting his horse and riding south with his small retinue. Two sons of Fëanor dead, and Amras knew the remaining five were unlikely to live to see the end. They were sworn to protect the land they stood on, but they could not. The oath for the Silmarils stood, but they were beyond any grasp now. All that mattered was stopping evil, which could not be stopped. All hope was lost, though the sons of Fëanor would make the enemy pay dearly for each drop of blood spilt.
    Last edited by King Athelstan; May 18, 2019 at 05:41 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

The communication between the races should of the lands ruled by the dark lord , had increased , as the races felt underthreat by the increase of attacks from the creatures that although not ruled by the power to the north , certainly wished his forces to prevail . Warnings of another threat near the pass'es of Sirion had been notified as was the fact that the capital of the falathrim was now under siege.

The men of the house of haldad , asked the kingdom of Doriath for help against the foes' that had attacked there lands to the south of there provinces, and a elven task force was duly dispatched to the area, to solve this problem. Likewise the spiders had returned , there eastern caverns had disgorged a mighty host which now beseiged the small garrison that held the western caverns.

The northern taskforce under a doriath general balked at the task of taking this force on single handled and had retreated seeking further forces, and indeed another general was sent out to relieve the current commander for his lack of intiative in his attack [or lack of] in the northern regions.

King Thingol had spoken to many of the races to the south of kingdom hoping to form a coalition willing to get a grip of the current situation to the south , for if they could not reduce the threats coming from evil creatures , in this area, he felt most of the elfves would be doomed , as there forces ran hither and thither trying to extinguish fire's lit in the south, long after the dark forces had grabbed the initiative..

Turn to Falathrim

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs5m3dc0ap...im_11.sav?dl=0

{Note : no RP from me , this turn , as Captain Melon took my part for this turn , but more for next turn , as the last turn of the Bern/Luthien arc finishes }
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:20 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

The Falathrim

The sun was in the west over the sea when Cirdan's ships had made it to the shore, and a huge thunderstorm could be seen brewing in the east. He landed to the south of Eglarest which was in distress, for a huge horde of beasts had surrounded the high white walls of the haven. His troops disembarked and made their way towards the city, they encountered some lone wolves which were quickly subdued by their archer's arrows so to keep their advance concealed. They met up with a smaller force just south of town on the road, and they marched to face the foe. After some time they had sight of the haven and the huge horde around it. The fields had been abandoned and were ravaged, the city was packed with innocents and the defenders were shooting arrows and throwing harpoons onto the beasts with little impact.

Cirdan recalled the woe that had befallen his people when he had lost his part of the first battle. Legions of orcss besieged his havens and he required the help of his victorious King Thingol to drive them off. He vowed to never let that happen again, yet here he was watching his people be beset by foul creatures, and King Thingol's people were also in danger, so no aid would come. He ordered his warriors into battle formations as the horde took notice of the new threat on their southern flank. The trumpets of the Sindar then sounded. The Elves drew their weapons, and their swords and spear tips shone in the red sun, and the charge began. The battle was fierce, the fiercest his people had fought since the Noldor arrived. But they were well trained now, and he was confident in their strength of arms. Cirdan came in with his elite guard of nobles, armed with gallant glittering swords and sturdy shields and they cut down scores of wargs and swatted down the swarms of bats. At the sight of this valorous display Bellasvalainon, the Lord of Eglarest, sallied forth with his troops and joined the fray, and the Falathrim had the numbers.

Then the sun set, which was no problem to the Elves who were born under starlight, but shortly afterwards the thunderstorm reached the coast and a downpour started. Both the Elves and the beasts could hardly see and the fighting turned gruesome. Cirdan and his guard kept cutting through but became isolated, and suddenly four great wargs, the largest that he had ever seen jumped in close to Cirdan. They crushed and scratched and bit at many Elves in those moments, and Cirdan's nobles wavered. However he steeled himself and charged in and fought all four of them at once, dealing terrible blows to them with his sword, but taking many bad hits himself. And his comrades, seeing their lord fight against these fearsome creatures so bravely were emboldened in their hearts and ran to aid their leader. The four great wargs, now greatly outnumbered, fled lest they take many more strikes.

The battle continued for several more hours, until the horde was thinned and tired, and eventually fled eastward into the hills. The Elves were victorious, but exhausted and could not give chase. Several hundred of them were slain or grievously wounded. When morning came Cirdan sent out cavalry to chase the remaining beasts, and to bring him the whereabouts of the four great wargs, but they found little. The remnant of the foe had scurried off into the night eastwards well outside of their borders, and Cirdan hoped they would never return.

After the battle Cirdan rested, but he was worried. Reports came in that the great dragon Glaurung was making his way into Beleriand. This was the worst of news, and he could not properly celebrate his victory because of it. He wrote letters to his King for advice. He was ready to face the black foe, but the Elves would need a large coalition to defeat Morgoth and his dragon now.

House of Haldad

The situation in Brethil was dire. Many men were killed or eaten alive and those that survived were scattered. However Prince Haldir came riding in from the east with his men in great haste. He had seperated from Hunthor and rode as fast as he could to Brethil when he got news of the horde that was assailing his home. He gathered all the troops that he could and launched one final attack in the morning against the beasts. They were outnumbered at first, and the fighting was messy. His men were exhausted, but still determined to not flee as they would not abandon their prince. There were rumors of Elves from Doriath coming in from the east, but they would not make it on time that day. Instead Hunthor the fearless arrived with the volunteers. These were the best of Brethil that chose to fight the foe in the north, but unfortunately (or fortunately) did not make it in time for the fourth battle that went so wrong. They cut through the hordes, taking light casualties as they were accustomed to fighting in the woods. They fought all morning and things were going well, until the great beast Uur came in and bit Prince Haldir, wounding his arm badly. This beast was the leader of the pack, and it led the horde through its rampage, killing scores and ravaging many towns. It was proud and took its time with its lordly prey. It tossed around Haldir in his mouth and sent him into a tree, knocking him to the brink of consciousness. It prepared to devour the prince, but then young Hunthor the Fearless leapt down from the tree and stabbed the beast fatally, thus saving his lord and ending the battle. The remaining wolves and bats fled and were chased out of Brethil northwards until they were across the Brithiach.

Brethil was secured, for now. But still the great dragon Glaurung was fast approaching, and the men's hardest days laid ahead.

Gondolin up. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zz...QQqiuWrTS2pz6r

By the way I think we should do the fifth battle shortly after we finish the Beren and Luthien stuff, hopefully Feanor doesn't die by then.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Nargothrond up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/q0r7jvf5silaz7w/QS_Nargothrond_11.sav/file

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Nargothrond and the House of Bëor

Finrod has gone to the Halls of Mandos and Orodreth, his nephew, was crowned King of Nargothrond. Songs, lamenting the fallen king, echoed day and night through the underground fortress of Finarfin's finest, as the Noldor mourned. The gap Finrod Felagund left behind was insurmountably large and Orodreth knew he could not fully fill it. Messengers from Doriath came bearing the condolences of Thingol and Melian. Not only were the descendants of Finarfin, kin of Thingol through Finarfin's marriage to Olwë's, Thingol's brother, daughter Eärwen but also a great friendship had existed between Finrod and the King of Doriath, the two of them often taking counsel from one another when Finrod visited the Thousand Caves of Menegroth. The messengers also beared other news. Tidings from the forests of Brethil, where a large host of spiders had invaded and creatures from the Wild Forests to the south had come to ravage the lands of Man and Elves alike. Thingol implored the rulers of western Beleriand to strengthen our bonds in the wake of these threats. Orodreth agreed that they should band together for seperated they could not hold back the storm that came from both the south and north. To further worsen the situation, reports telling of the dragon Glaurung's descend into Beleriand through the Vale of Sirion, were sent by the men of the Haladin, whose scouts had seen the wyrm making his way south. The Havens of the Falathrim too were under assault by the monsters from the southern forest but Círdan had succesfull repelled them and send them fleeing back to their nests. The Falathrim courier reported that the wolves and bats were last seen fleeing towards Nargothrond and Orodreth started a great search through his lands to find these creatures. Not before long they had found the greatly diminished horde and Orodreth gathered a strong force to destroy them utterly. Thusly marched the new King of Nargothrond to war.

Beren and Luthien RP

Now it is taled that when Huan left Beren and Lúthien, he travelled across the lands with great haste where spoke to all beasts who did not follow the shadow to keep a watchful eye on the northern lands for the coming of Beren and Lúthien, for doubtless the hosts of Morgoth would be on their heels should they succeed in their quest. It was thus that Thorondor, Lord of the Eagles, and two of his vassals were patrolling the skies above Morgoth's realm when the couple emerged from the Gates of Angband. Their presence prevented the complete failure for the quest of the Silmarils. Beren was caught in one of the talons of the Eagles and Lúthien mounted one and they were borne aloft while Morgoth's wrath was unleashed. The mountains reeled and spew forth flames, bolts flying far into air yet the Eagles were unaffected as they soared high above the fire and smoke. Thorondor sped southward, flying across the Hidden Vale of Tumhalad where Lúthien saw, through the cloudless sky, the Jewel of Gondolin as a small white and emerald sparkle, her view altered by tears. Beren had not spoken or openend his eyes nor moved after his ordeal with the Great Wolf of Angband. Lúthien had swiflty cleaned the wound of his missing hand, sucking out the poison and binding it. She feared Beren would surely die and when Thorondor set them on the ground, near the borders of Doriath, Huan came and together they tended to the ill-stricken Man. Long did Beren wander the borders of death and Lúthien began to lose hope he would wake again. Then she sung softly and Beren reared and rose again from the dark pits of death. Here in the Wilds, away from civilisation they spent some blissful days until Beren, now called Erchamion, the One-Handed, remembered his oath and promise to Thingol. Thus it was doomed that Beren and Lúthien returned to Doriath.

Khazad-ai-Belegost up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gckq96...es_11.sav/file

sorry lads forgot about this will get it done later today

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yy7w1y2ino8495r/QS_Laegrim_11.sav/file
    Last edited by JCdestr0yer; June 05, 2019 at 09:20 AM.

Citizen

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

High Chieftain Guorwe stands on a low hill before the remnants of his army, prepared to give the most important speech of his life. To say the words he is about to deliver are controversial would be a gross understatement. Some of his subordinates are in agreement, while others are vehemently against it. But all agree on one thing: the common soldiery will not like it. Some even believe the men might be driven to mutiny.

Hence, their High Chieftain stands before them. Inspire, or slink home in humiliation, with the knowledge that you have missed an opportunity to strike a blow that could alter the course of this war. Those are the only two paths laid out before them. The Elves must choose the right one.

“Brave Elves!” he begins, momentarily surprised at the low tenor of his own voice. It sounds as though it has been beaten down by war, and yet it booms across the landscape, drawing every eye. His mouth is a forge, his tongue the hammer, projecting sharp steel with every utterance. Or perhaps he is only deluding himself into thinking so; perhaps his words remind his men of a mouse squeaking excitedly about a delectable piece of cheese. The next few moments will tell. Plowing forward, he utters the words that his men least want to hear.

“We march west.”

Cacophony erupts. Shouts of dismay, incoherent screams, and even a few sharp shinks! of swords being drawn. Guorwe holds up his arms for peace, his features remaining impassive. This is the first true test: do his men respect him enough to grant him an opportunity to change their minds?

It takes a long time, far longer than Guorwe had hoped for, but eventually his men grow quiet. Not silent, not by a long shot. But the volume of the discontented grumbling diminishes enough for him to project his words to all ears once more.

“I know you are weary. I know that you have each slain dozens of enemies, and watched more than your share of comrades perish next to you. I know you feel that the sight of lifeless corpses and the stench of burning flesh will haunt you until the end of your days. I understand, my brothers! But hear me!”

Here Guorwe pauses for a moment, and the angry rumble which had been steadily growing in volume during his speech suddenly quiets once more. Heartened, he continues.

“As each of you knows, to the west of us lies a great breeding ground of evil creatures. How many of the enemies which we have fought here in battle were spawned in that wicked place? One can only imagine. Our scouts report that the way is clear, and the defenses are light. We have an opportunity before us to sack that place, to tear down and burn the evil trees they love and scorch the earth, so that they will not be able to breed in that place for years to come. And we have a chance to destroy the defending garrison, to wipe them out so they will never combine with other enemy forces to threaten our homelands.

“I know you want to return to your homes. Believe me, there is nothing I wish for more than to return to my wife’s loving arms and embrace my son. But it would be a short-lived comfort! For if we do not eliminate this breeding ground, this cesspool of evil, it will soon spawn creatures too numerous for us to defeat with our depleted armies. We must go on one more offensive. We must put our reunion with our families on hold for a brief time, to ensure that the reunion is not short-lived. Join me, my brothers! Join me, and I promise you, we will return home once victory is won! And when you see your families again, you will be able to sleep peacefully, with the knowledge that they are much safer for your brave efforts!”

There. He has given all he can give. Now it is up to his brothers-in-arms. The rumble rises once more, as they turn to each other, some speaking in hushed tones, some shouting, other gesticulating wildly. But gradually swords are sheathed, and more and more of the men turn back to regard their leader, their eyes filled with steely determination. Finally one of his captains raps his sword sharply against his shield, then repeats the action, over and over again as more of the army joins in with each repetition. Soon most of the soldiers are taking part, drowning out the lingering doubt in a great wave of rhythmic sound. Several of the captains begin singing together, the tune perfectly in time with the rough rhythm and rapidly growing in ferocity. It is a simple soldier’s song, a song of home.

At that exact moment the sun batters its way through the clouds, bathing the elven army in warmth. Guorwe tilts his head back to bask in the glow, which neither he nor his men have felt in days. Is it a sign from a higher power, a blessing of their mission, or is it merely a fortunate coincidence? No one will ever truly know, and at the moment Guorwe does not truly care. Nor does he care about the twin tears trailing down his cheeks. He knows without looking that he is far from the only one so moved.

Soon the army will march west toward yet another battle, but for now, they will enjoy the sunlight, and the fury of a battle song which should strike fear into every evil creature who has the misfortune of hearing it.

Morgoth:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GLI...ew?usp=sharing

Sacking of the breeding ground:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/119n...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JyC...ew?usp=sharing

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

A group of elves were encamped by a woodland stream deep in the forest of Neldoreth. Enjoying wine and food among themselves, their merry making was suddenly cut short as a terrible howl sounded off nearby. The elves stood up immediately unsheathing their weapons. It was disturbingly quiet for all the crickets quieted. Only a soft breeze from the west and the soft sound of the stream was heard in the air. Suddenly behind them, a giant furry shape jumped out of the dark, smashing into the elves who were looking away from it. It had fooled the elves for they could not sense t approach thanks to the breeze and its quiet paws. The first elf died as the thing bit his head off. The other 4 elves quickly began releasing arrows at the beast. Enraged and filled with pain, the beast charged the nearest elf with arrows embedding into its hide. It engulfed the female scout and carried her off into the woods screaming in pain as the beast crushed its prey in its jaws. The remaining elves set in pursuit but even with their swiftness, they could not catch up to the monster.

After following for a few hundred meters, the trail had gone cold. The only evidence of the beast's existence being the dismembered torso and upper body of it's prey. Horrified that their weapons seemed to do no damage to it, for there was no blood trail they could see, they immediately set out to inform everyone they could of this new threat. The reign of terror of Carcharoth the Red Maw had begun in Doriath.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ID LIKE TO JOIN AS ANY FACTION

bump
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz