Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Times were very dark indeed, with three giant armies of the north moving down the northwestern edge of brethil forest, after smashing both the forces of Cirdan and those of Nargothrond they skirted the woods and moved around its western side. The plan had been to lure the forces of shadow into the woods, and using the advantage of the tree's, lure the orcs and other such creatures into a perilous position and silence them, but the balrogs that commanded obviously had learnt from the losses of their brothers and had decided against that strategy.

To compound this, the spies of the green elf's[laegrim] to the east reported to King Thingol that two balrog commanded armies ,moved southwards heading seemingly towards his eastern border, with a small grouping of spider-kin leading the way.A great sigh was given from the elven king and he signaled the return of the armies of Doriath to take a defensive stance and use the natural advantage of the trees and the great forest. All the border patrols were tightened up , and the elven companies of troops faded back into the depths of the forest , where-as before they had been on the edge to push forward to attack, but now the communications with the outside world, began to fade as the great forest buttoned up, sealing the borders down readying for tough times ahead.

With the tightening of the defenses inside the forest, a orcish spy was found, and quickly and quietly silenced...as ever the forest preferred to keep its secrets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider spy.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	365917

Turn to the falathrim
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujvbnqc2dh...im_38.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:41 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

bömp

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Reminder sent to Turkafiwne, if this is not played today/tomorrow, its getting skipped/subbed

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Save sent to francisco via Discord. Sorry for the delay

2021 anti-member award incoming

ups... i was the one that asked how the hs was going, and i myself also forgot... monday both turns will be done

The elves and drawves came together to plan their tactics for this turn. The elves, that were attacked near the city, though they were safe and out of danger. what they didnt realize is that the map tricked their eyes, and the units were within range from an attack and not safe behind the city... this was a serious concern...

And yet there is no save file

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...edeloth_39.sav
    https://discord.com/channels/4102036...37773931208705

The Evil forces are pushing too strong... There is little hope left... even with great moves, the drawves werent able to attack and win, so they remained in the caves. The elves were only able to score a victory against the evil forces bc their human allies came to their aid, as if that city fell their city would be next.-- there is little hope left in the hearts of the free folks.-- the west seems to be falling, and the east wont stand many more seasons, and the elves started to retreat inwards.... its a dark day

(there were also a few assasinations)

Gaming Emeritus

i added discord names into the first post, as some people were unable to find each other on discord

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

A week after the defeat of the King of Nargothrond's forces, he and his retinue retreated to an abandoned fort, a few days journey from the battle. Melkor's hordes were hot on his tail, finally catching up just half a day after the Elven king reached his destination......where him and his men were butchered and ripped apart before the sun came up the next day. His head now rests on an Uruk captain's pike.....where the elven scum belongs...

https://www.mediafire.com/view/xpjn4...%2529.jpg/file
    https://www.mediafire.com/view/oycgk...%2529.jpg/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nuida...th_39.sav/file

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gaming Emeritus

reminder sent

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

King Thingol sat on his throne , his head in his hands, a figure of solemn fortitude, with the weight of mountains on his back, the news was worse, if such a thing was possible? The grim ever fearful,constant spies and messengers moved into the throne room , each bringing newer and ever darker news.

"The King of Nargothrond was caught by the armies of the shadow in the northwest, as he tried to retreat back to his own lands!....."

"The dwarfs and Leagrim are losing ground in the mountians and lands to the east!..."

"Two armies of the shadow from the north commanded by Balrogs approach our eastern borders!..."

"At least three armies of the shadow ,some commanded by Balrogs, advance into brethil forest, sacking one of the strongholds of men, ever advancing southwards and a little eastwards!...."

"spies from the spiderkin and those from the north , have entered the forest and wander the land , spying out invasion routes!...."

"A force of spiders descends from the north entering the forest!..."

"Enough!" , yelled Thingol , his face red in rage, standing now tall and fierce once more as he was in his youth, his face strained with the weight of his people, "I just need time! ....just some time and peace.....to collect my thoughts!"

The courtiers and those of the court, scattered in all directions at their kings rage, but at the back of the throneroom , the doors opened wide, and their stood Melian, glowing slightly with a eerie light blue hue aura, her power was cloaked around her, as she moved towards her husband speaking as walked.

"It is time , my husband, it is clear the doom is upon us , the firstborn cannot stand against the shadow and darkness that awaits us..........It is time for me to return home,back to Aman, " , she approached the turbulent king, placing her hands on his shoulders, whispering in his ears, whilst providing council.

"Let us leave this wondrous land [a grimace of pain fell over melians face], let us away to the coast, where i hope Cirdan still holds ships that can carry us to the undying land, to live out our days, in safety. Middle earth is falling to morgoth, and his legions, and it is clear that none can stand against him....Not feanors children, nor the strongest of the nolder, not even the dwarfs in the east can hold their own fortresses against the flame that comes down from the north"

Thingol moved away from the steps, holding hand with his wife, and together they sat in the now quiet halls , softly and carefully they talked, the discussion went on for hours, and there was some weeping to be heard from both of the rulers of this land as truths were laid bare. Melian thought at one point she had convinced Thingol to leave, for thingol's face changed as they talked undergoing the pain of leaving ,his love of the Simaril he concealed, his love of land and the beauty it held within and the people he protected.He at one point moved to join her to make arrangements to pack his possessions, he realized he couldnt leave this land,that he loved and made his own . Weeping they both grasped each other , as the light of the day departed and all was silence in the hall apart from muffled murmuring voices.

-----------------------

In the morning , King Thingol and Queen Melian were better deposed and prepared for a announcement for the realm , when a shock arrival arrived from the east, a small dwarfven caravan arrived and the leader of the caravan , a stout dwarf Thori of Nogrod , red bearded with a splendid shaped beard which had been woven into braids. The dwarf bowed and spoke.

"It is well noted, that the King of the forest was a dwarf friend that came to our need, when our need was great....and now i am honoured to return the flavor" , he said with a flourish, and with his hand he pointed at the three dwarfven wagons that were being inspected by the elfven guards of Menegroth. One of the elven guards after inspecting some of the barrels, called out to the king , that the wagons contained barrels of gold coins.

King Thingol was touched by the gift by the dwarfs particularly when their own situation was so dire, and a small tear began to form at the side of his left eye, and with a swift turn he disguised a quick wipe of the moisture and welcomed the dwarf as a guestfriend,invited him and the other dwarfven wagon drivers to eat at his table as thanks for their well timed treasures, which would be put to good use.

As the night worn on, and the elfs broke into wine, song and dance, the king moved to talk to Thori , to ask tales of his own people, and the two sat down together observing the merryment as elf and dwarfs drank and sang together in the background. Dark tales,Thori wove of dragons and other fell breasts, breaking doors, breathing fire on all defenses, as line after line of his people made their stands, and in turn each was torn down. Even the dwarf misted up a little, as the alchocol worked its magic with him , as the dark tales and suffering of his people, emptied from his frame. In turn , the elfven king told of his troubles, and the previous efforts of his people to hold the line, with the now famous tales of beren and luthien which warmed the old dwarfs heart. Perhaps it was there in their joint suffering that King Thingol finally found his peace, and ordered a wondrous treasure of his, that he had coveted for some many years to be brought forth.

Nauglamir [the second most previous thing that Thingol held which had been detached from the simaril] was gifted to the dwarfs, perhaps one of the most beautiful things of craft that Thingol possessed was given back to its makers in thanks for their honour, and their deeds. Thori made move to protest , even as he was in awe of such a gift, but Thingol held his hands, and thanked him and his people, saying this was perhaps the least of things, he could do, and wished the dwarfs speedy departure in the morning warning him that the roads, exiting the forest, were even now being cut and controlled from the shadow from the north,so he must hurry if he wanted the road east. Thingol turned his back, moving towards his wife, Melian , whose eyes sparkled with happyness at his return to her side, as they moved from the hall together, and didnt see the dwarf openly weeping and asking the other dwarfs to give the king a rather drunken salute with their cups..

------------------

In the morning, Thingol stood at the steps of the entrance of Menegroth, and near the bridge that was the main route out of the giant cave was a gathering of many elfs that had elected to depart with Melian to head to Cirdan , the havens and the sea as the word had spread that the queen was departing the forest. No doubt there would be many that would follow Melians decision to leave , thinking their lives or those of their families would be made safe, others asked their families to leave so they could fight all the harder against the shadow , some perhaps no doubt knew the way the war was going and used it to get their families to safety.

Melian closed with her husband , with Thingol handing her a small silver box, in which was contained his most precious of gifts , the famed silmaril within , as Thingol spoke.

"With the leaving of the most precious of gifts, my wife...i give unto you a gift to give to Cirdan......let us hope that he, in his wisdom makes more use of this most precious of gifts , than i did"...with that he kissed his wife once more on the lips , then another on the forehead, before they stared at each for a few minutes in silence, making many uncomfortable, before Melian , bowed and strode towards the bridge.The other elfs, opening a path for her to leave, as many of them then filled in the gap of her passing through the crowd, before they moved in a thin column of followers behind her.

One of the kings guard, turned to his king in his despair and said ,

"Is that it, my king? Is this the end?", the tightness of his voice betraying his fear.

"Take heart , my friend", said the king, patting the solder on the shoulder, displaying a unfamiliar confidence he did not feel,

"Many have tried to break the doors of Menegroth, but all have failed....these armies of darkness shall break against our doors, like a rotten fruit and tree's they stem from." , the guard momentary cheered and a few of his colleagues likewise joked and cheered with their friend, as the king departed, none seeing the strained, dark lines of his face.

"lets put this gold to goodwork" , shouted the king as he re-entered the caves, "start the furnaces and sharpen the blades, for we have preparations for guests to make"

Turn to Falathim
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n69smj0rx...im_39.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:42 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Once again Cirdan found himself deep within the wilderness, defeated by the shadow, his forces shattered. He had only a small band with him, exhausted and worn by both the elements and battle. But still, he lived, and the havens were not burning, not yet.

When he finally set camp he sat down and wrote three messages he had put off in flight. His eyes were heavy with weariness as he worked his pen. Riders would take them swiftly ahead of his own movement, for he did not know whether he would survive the retreat to the sea. He wrote a letter which would head south, to the lords of Nargothrond, promising them that the swords of the Falathrim would stand with them until the end. Then the west, to the Havens, he wrote to make ready the great ships with all haste. The Pass of Sirion was well-breached by the enemy, and now they laid waste to the plains towards Nargothrond. For the first time there was no force to stay them, and he knew not how far they could push before being the Elves could muster any counter.

There was no guarantee that the ships he had prepared could reach Valinor, but they were quickly exhausting all their options. If he didn't launch any voyages soon, then there might not be any good left in Beleriand to save. And he couldn't bear to see his beloved home fall to ruin. There was so much uncertainty about the whole thing. Would the Valar even listen to their cries of sorrow? All he could do was harden himself. He knew now that he would never leave Beleriand until he died, or the land itself disappeared.

The last important letter he wrote was directed to his King, Thingol. The rider who would bear it would have to brave difficult, orc-infested terrain to bring it to Doriath, but it was worth writing. It may prove to be the last letter his King received from Cirdan.

After he was finished, he gazed up towards the stars, glittering. They were ever a reminder of the good that remained in the land. That which he strove for.

-------

(How will we play out the sailing to Valinor? If Earendil is a character on the map I do not have him but I have Elrond and Elros. I think it's better to play out the fall of Gondolin first before we do Earendil, but with Thingol's Silmaril in the Havens it should be pretty clear that whoever sails over to Valinor should use it to guide them like Earendil used a Silmaril to do it in the real story. I could just RP with Earendil despite him not being in my faction, or I could use Elros as a substitute for him or something)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N7N...ew?usp=sharing Gondolin up

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

I'm having difficulty with my game (the game crashes upon loading the save file) I'll try and fix it today. Will keep you updated.

Gaming Emeritus

message me if you have further issues, Im sure I can help you