Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Cleared save sent to a new player

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

The new player played, but doesnt have time to post RN, so he asked me to post for him...

Morgoth up! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...deloth_16c.sav

Greetings, this is the Alvari Elfs, the new Lord

The forces of Raugd˙ath are pushing into the lands of Lorian, which help is needed.

There was a huge battle to defent a city under siege where both forces lost around 1150 men

We shall try and hold for as long as we can, but it seems they have recently made gains....

I notified wrong person before, so Captain Melons time starts now.

Captain Melon's Avatar Ducenarius

The legions of Morgoth continue their march south through the pass of sirion, burning everything in their wake. Their ultimate goal still unknown to the enemy. In the east, the dark lord's armies have reached Himring and begun to construct the siege engines required to breach it's mighty walls. Morgoth, observing all transpiring events, was pleased at the progression of his forces as well as knowing the realm of elves and men had nothing to match his might.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Wrong save. I'll add that writing rp is much more time consuming than actually playing the turns, hence I've been lacking in this respect, due to time constraints. If there is someone, or you know of someone, that would do a better job with this, I'd be glad to give my factions. Otherwise, I'll try to play the turns and not hold up the turn on my end. Maybe write something occasionally, as time allows.

bump?
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Wrong save. I'll add that writing rp is much more time consuming than actually playing the turns, hence I've been lacking in this respect, due to time constraints. If there is someone, or you know of someone, that would do a better job with this, I'd be glad to give my factions. Otherwise, I'll try to play the turns and not hold up the turn on my end. Maybe write something occasionally, as time allows.
    Its Dragons turn, who is late, but he should play tomorrow. I was busy in the last week, so sorry for not looking into this sooner.

I think you are doing pretty good work, no need for you to leave

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Citizen

Ulfang up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/i52vly

I can't post RP right now, unless you guys can wait 2 days (and I don't forget it)

"
    The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

You two days then

Fingolfin up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ypt38...in_16.sav/file

House Ulfang marches north to join up with forces of House of Feanor and Bor...

and as I said before, I think we can Nirnaeth Arnoediad event on the next turn.
    Forces of the good factions that are not in warzone can be send close, either close to Gondolin, or to House of Feanor to attend upcomming battle. On next Houe of Ulfang turn I will move those armies. So you now have a turn to negotiate whether the neutral armies, or allies distant allied goog factions would send forces to aid House of Feanor and Fingolfn and others. If you have such an army, please leave it outside a settlement/fort and send me their names.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Feanor: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-s...gpUcMCR8NEicca

The Elves and Men under the command of Fingon are preparing for war. They've been itching for it, for quite a long time now, and at last the time is drawing nigh!

Doriath: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-s...gpUcMCR8NEicca

The Drakes of Dor Gorgoroth descend from The Blue Mountains. Their overwhelming numbers now Threaten Helevorn, forcing Curufin to retreat into Eithel gelion, where his brother Caranthir dwells.
    Himring and The March of Maedhros are soon to be raised by the Balrogs and orcs of Morgoth, leaving Maedhros no choice but to order the abandomnent of the Capital.

Meanwhile, House Bˇr has sent their forces to aid the Nˇldor in this struggle, and hence are forced to ignore the call for assistance by their allies, the Green-Elves, against the Shadow in the South.
    The future of Beleriand will be a dark one if the invaders are not repelled.

As the Capital, Himring is lost, The Nˇldor have gathered their final strenght and are ready to defend the fortress of Eithel Gelion and the outpost of Maglor's Gap.

Maedhros, the head of The House of FŰanor personally pleades for help of any allies who are able to figth with him against these Dark Forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Isenbard View Post
    Doriath: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-s...gpUcMCR8NEicca

The Drakes of Dor Gorgoroth descend from The Blue Mountains. Their overwhelming numbers now Threaten Helevorn, forcing Curufin to retreat into Eithel gelion, where his brother Caranthir dwells.
    Himring and The March of Maedhros are soon to be raised by the Balrogs and orcs of Morgoth, leaving Maedhros no choice but to order the abandomnent of the Capital.

Meanwhile, House Bˇr has sent their forces to aid the Nˇldor in this struggle, and hence are forced to ignore the call for assistance by their allies, the Green-Elves, against the Shadow in the South.
    The future of Beleriand will be a dark one if the invaders are not repelled.

As the Capital, Himring is lost, The Nˇldor have gathered their final strenght and are ready to defend the fortress of Eithel Gelion and the outpost of Maglor's Gap.

Maedhros, the head of The House of FŰanor personally pleades for help of any allies who are able to figth with him against these Dark Forces.
    save is for feanor

Ah shoot, my bad

Doriath: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12O...2H75n1T8X6zuXw

This should be it

kk my thanks

King Thingol was duly aware of the need for troops as it seems the shadow to the north was making a further attempt at expansion but he had no forces to spare, as news of Shelob having recaptured the cave network to the north, headed southwards into the forest of doriath to either test the defenses of Doriath or to attack the house of haldad. Either push would have to be stopped and significant forces would be required to stop them , particularly when rumors of shadowy spiders had been spotted in the forest, only to vanish at the edge of ones sight, acting as spies for the massive forces of spiders heading south.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider encursion.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	287.4 KB 
ID:	360585

But in the south of the Forest, wolfs and bats and other foul things had circled around the Girdle of Melian , hoping to test its magic and try and break through the magical defenses of the forest. Luckily or perhaps less so for those there, a small force had reinforced the area.First being sent southwards to perhaps push southwards to gain a small village, their movement had been blunted by the arrival of this force, and they retreated to safety only now to be placed under siege at the edge of the forest. The newly appointed commander of the southern forest, a elf named beren , moved quickly however with his own small force and just as the forces of shadow were beginning their assault using the light of the moon, it was under this light that he attacked the rear of the horde of creatures , throwing any semblance of order away in the enemy forces, forcing many of them to flee in confusion.

In the mass of battle as now both elven armies surrounded the wolfs, bats and other foul things, Beren found the enemy commander, slaying him in single combat, and with more than half of their strength left, the foul things broke and ran , only to be hacked down , as they fled, and hunted down in the forest by the elven rangers. Bodies of wolfs were skinned and left out on poles on the southern end of the forest, to leave a message for the foul things to the south, to act a warning for future incursions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beleg attacks.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	401.9 KB 
ID:	360586
    --------------

In addition to this the green elfs of the Laegrim called for aid, and messages were sent to some of the elvens that were sent to the dwarfs , to divert their attention southwards and to move in haste, whilst precious jewels were parceled up and given to a giant eagle ready for travel , the elfes had befriended, who would take this precious aid directly to the beleaguered elfs to the south, for King Thingol had not forgotten their losses when the King of the Laegrim had moved to support his forces in the first battle of belegriand, and he owed them a great debt...

------------

With all that he was doing he equally was asked to help out with the forces to the north, but King Thingol waved his hands at the messenger saying he had no aid to send, for his defenses & those of his allies to the south were being sorely tested at this time and nothing could be sent...

Turn to Falathim

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjhucahita...im_16.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; February 04, 2020 at 12:00 PM.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

It was very late in the evening along the River Teiglin, and Haldir, prince and heir to the House of Haldad, was riding alone as he did every day. He rode across the grassy plains, a small hill between him and his destination. A ford, the only one large enough for an army to cross, lay at the other side. His hope was that an army, either from Nargothrond or the Falas, would be there. His people needed aid. He read the reports from the north as they came in. They told of deathly armies, those black hordes driven on by the shadowy Balrogs. At the tail end stood Glaurung, the doom of many Kingdoms. It seemed the pace of their advance was limited by the dragon's speed, but they were ever advancing southward nevertheless. His father had gathered every man to the north, except him, and a small company. He was to lead the people of Brethil in his father's absence. Perhaps it would be a permanent absence. He knew that without Elven help their forces would stand no chance.

At last he crested the hill, expecting disappointment. But what he saw made his heart swell. Thousands of armed Elves, bearing the banners of Cirdan, were at the ford, one half on each side, and a stream of soldiers making their way over. Their weapons and armor shone in the evening-red sun. It was the grandest thing he had seen since he had marched north to the Dagor Bragollach many months ago. Perhaps they would be able to save his people from their fiery fate.

He rode down to meet them, and was led to Cirdan by an Elven officer. The tall Elf was among the oldest in Beleriand, and his eyes were filled with wisdom.

"Good evening, my lord, you come at such a desperate hour, but in good time," he said, greeting the Elf Lord. "I am Haldir, Prince of the Haldad."

"Good evening, Prince Haldir. What is the situation in your lands?"

"My father has gathered every warrior at the northern edge of Brethil, leaving only a small company with me. The enemy lay somewhere across the Brithiach. I haven't seen their host, but all the reports say it's the largest group of anything they've seen in their lives. They say the pass is filled with smoke from their fires, and the Sirion is tainted from their filth. In the north, as you can see, my lord, there is a great black cloud. It's been there for weeks, and inches nearer every day."

"I see," Cirdan said simply. "What of Gondolin? I have had very little contact with Turgon since he and his people vanished from Vinyamar."

"Of them I do not know, but we know their hidden gates lay somewhere across the Brithiach, and that is where the enemy moves. They are perhaps the target of this movement. King Turgon has been a valuable ally to us, I marched with his forces, myself. The Elves of Gondolin are strong, and will not fall easily."

"We will march through the night, then. The great doom of Beleriand is nigh. If we lose this battle, your people must go west, to the havens. There is always room. I say you should ride back to your people, and tell them I am here."

So he rode away with much haste. He knew that even with Cirdan's army, their chances of victory were slim. But at least they had a chance.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qi...hIJaTgUoN9nKSq Gondolin up.
    Last edited by Arrow2daknee; February 05, 2020 at 12:31 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Centenarius

Iĺll have this up tomorrow.

PeaMan's Avatar Centenarius

King Turgon musters the elves of all 12 noble houses of Gondolin consisting of both Noldor and Sindar elves to face the approach of the balrogs of morgoth and the brood of glaurung and calls for aid from his kin from afar revealing the hidden pass of the city so that they may join their hosts in time for the assault..

Penlod, Lord of the house of Pillar and house of the Tower of Snow is given command of half the Gondolindrim by his king and under him was many fierce elves clad in plate and wielding spears made to sow fear amongst the enemy.

Duilin, Lord of the house of Swallow volunteers to guard the outermost fortifications with the master archers of his house bidding farewell to his kin knowing that he and his elves will most likely perish against the spawns of evil.

Many songs were heard in those valleys that night, heard by the eagle Thorondor and he sought out Turgon to inform him of the enemy who would soon be upon them. King Turgon asks the eagle of manwe to bring word to Ecthelion Lord of the house of the Fountain requesting that he return to Gondolin with his men.

Thorondor searched far and wide for the Lord of the Fountains and upon the plains of Mithrim the elf lord was spotted with a company of elves.. All in silver was he clad, and upon his shining helm there was set a spike of steel pointed with a diamond and as his esquire took his shield it shimmered as if it were bedewed with drops of rain, that were indeed a thousand studs of crystal.

Upon hearing of his King's command, Ecthelion rushes south with his company to defend his city..

Note: As the goodies have the option of getting their armies teleported for the coming battles, could I get Ecthelion moved into the encircling mountains or near them for RP purposes? Who knows he might slay a balrog or two

Nargothrond up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/0e7heyfjfxm8txh/QS_Nargothrond_16.sav/file
    Last edited by PeaMan; February 08, 2020 at 05:42 PM.

My Modding work.. - Game of Thrones

TurkafinwŰ's Avatar The Absurdist
    Civitate

Nargothrond and the House of BŰor

Deep underground, King Orodreth sat distressed. It seemed that Elves and Men tried to gather a formidable force to challenge Morgoth's might once more. Orodreth was more cautious than Finrod had been, but those days had been more blissful. The loss of the northern lands of Dorthonion and the Vale of Sirion had been tough blows to cope with. However the death of Finrod proved to be the greatest blow to hit the Kingdom of Nargothrond. Orodreth and his people looked more to themselves and seldom fought battles far from their borders. Relations with the other Noldor princes had soured due to the debacle with Beren's Quest. Thus Orodreth was reluctant to send a large force north. And the House of Finarfin had other problems as well. The wild creatures of the forest needed to be dealt with. For this he sent a great force south, under the command of an elf-lord named Feredir. This formidable force reached the outskirts of the Taur-im-Duinath, the sun shining on their golden armour. The vile monsters had a nest there and had gathered a large host of bats and wolves there. Feredir started his encirclement of the lair and began his siege in the hopes of destroying their spawning holes, so close to Nargothrond. The ultimate goal was to cleanse the forest from their evil altogether. Further north Nendir received news from Doriath and that the creatures of the night they had been hunting had already struck the southern borders of the Girdle of Melian. Beleg, the Great Bow, reached out once more to the Noldor commander to join forces. Nendir obliged and set course for the meeting place.

Dwarves up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lt9h6g...es_16.sav/file