Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

got this, im travelling, might take 3 days...

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

hm...

Sorry for the wait, next turn will make up
    https://discord.com/channels/4102036...37999325966366

So:

The Drawves suffered more defeats, and were not able to capitalize on taking anything. they also see another army coming down, they know they can defeat it, but will once again take several of their men

this turn the only thing they did was push back the enemy that recked their troops... not much
    and killed spies

The elven situation was diffenret, they actually had a good turn.

Aside from the normal sabotage in enemy lands, they were able to easily push a enemy force sieging their city

(i got a normal vicotry in my trials. then i got a heroic, reloaded a few times, got another heroic with even worst results than any previous, so i just used that one)

The focus of this turn was to lift another siege, the elves had to send all their men there to be able to push the enemy back

not everything went according to plan. one of the elven generals came from the other city that was lifted, and he was too weak and hurt and perish in battle (i did this for roleplay)

the main achievment was taking hurin, which the elves had been hidden in the woods for a while, they were suprised how few garrision remained in the city, and they attacked it at once, during the night, they lost no men

some enemies were defetead in previous turns, and were quickly attacked by some elves

a city that was taken by a few dragons, was reclaimed

and the norther force was able to take another city, reclaiming it from the dark forces

The problem now stands as follows:

The up most norther expedition was killed. The elves had some generals and mercenaries deep in enemy land, and they were close to be able to take a city. unfortunetly the enemy spotted them and they all died. they were part of the sabotage crew and have been disrupting enemy supplies lines for a while (and was fun), but now they lie dead...

The men of Bor are another problem. there was nothing the elves could had done, and the enemy knew that and thats why it siged a bunch of cities to prevent any help from reaching them.
    The Bor men capital is under threat, their army is in the open which was unable to enter the city. The big orc host is right nearby.... and there is little to none hope. best they can do is try and take as many orc with them... they can still hold 2 turns, the next one and the battle outisde the city, and one more when the city is seiged. but on both of those occasions it will be the enemy who will iniciate the battle. the elves hop is that the men of bor place a good last stand to hurt that enemy forces as much as they can. as that enemy force is now too strong to be attacked in the open...

On a positive news, the forest to the south is now producing units, after several turns after being taken by the enemy, this turn we saw the first units arriving toward Lindon. those fresh units will be crucial to come and defend the elven homelands that have been depleted of manpower

bump
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Gorgoroth, save sent to Dragon on Discord

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Fingolfin up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/979e9s

While the resistance of the elves and dwarves are commendable, they are just delaying the inevitable:
    https://imgur.com/a/kuuJWBX

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Need an extension

The Elves saw the reports of the enemy, and quickly decided to send a message to all good factions to send gold to the elves, this turn, urgently

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Gold has been sent lol. Doriath up: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Doriath_43.sav

sadly i have been given the previous turn[turn43-it should be 44] i will leave a message for isenbard on discord to speed things up

EDIT : i have found turn 44 sent on discord...i shall test this
    Last edited by paladinbob123; June 29, 2022 at 07:46 AM.

The shadow moving in from the west, sacked and despoiled Esgalduin, leaving it a burnt and smoking ruin, where orcs cackled in the burnt tree tops, playing in the spoilheaps of the treasures of the elfs that once dwelt there. Meanwhile the Balrog cracked his whip and positioned his forces in the western lee of the ruin of Esgalduin , In the east, the borderfort had been destroyed , a nominal garrison placed, and the orcs withdraw a little to the east, their fear of the elven forces apparent.

Thingol, the army camped to the north of Menegroth , had assembled all of his forces there, with the heroic remaining men of Haldad,now penned a last few notes, to his valiant allies , of Cirdan, the farathrim, and the laegrim warning them they could not get out , all that remained, was the distant wardrums of the orcish forces in the distance that played day and night, as they prepared for the final assault of the heart of the forest. He spoke of the follies of his life, his love of his wife, his daughter , of his people, and warned the Falathrim and the Laegrim to withdraw into the south or east, or for them to depart across the sea, adding their voices in appeal to the Valar, with his wife, asking them to help[a fact he personally was loath to do]. lest the whole of middle earth and its peoples be lost to Morgoth, for only they, the Valar had the strength to deny him, what he wanted....

turn to Falathrim

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgh1kjwqxv...im_44.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:58 PM.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi guys! I'm really sad to say this, but I'm quitting hotseating, possibly for good. I've been doing poorly when it comes to playing on time, even though I'm playing only in two hotseats now. This is due to less available time and, well, less interest lately. The nail to the coffin, however, is me changing my PC (I'm writting this on my new gear). I really can't see myself going through the hassle of installing all the components to play this game now.

I really enjoyed my time hotseating and especially in the first couple of years I was absolutely fascinated by these game modes. It will always be a great memory, I started when I was in college. I remember joining at the very same time as Dragon and Jadli. Do you guys remember the first hotseats we played togeter/against each other in TA? Jadli, you played Gondor, I was Dale and I was up against Viking as Rhun. We lost pretty hard, but it was a blast! xD Damn, those were some good times, making my first steps in hotseating. Had a great time playing with you Dragon, as well in various games, Tag Tournament, etc, as well as with Chieftain, Joe, and others. Sorry for the long post, started to reminisce. For now it will be all from me. Wish you all the best!

kudos to Adanedhel for his efforts, and wishing him all the best,

but its time for the regular "bump" as we move this hotseat onto another turn, as we slowly can move this hotseat, to its ultimate end

Gaming Emeritus

indeed... mnot sure what happened to Arrow, will arrange a sub today if i cant get him to play...

Also, who would like to sub Fingolfin, Turkawinfe or Isenbard perhaps? (the faction doesnt have many settlements at this point I believe, so it wouldnt take that much time...

i can perhaps sub one or two...if we need to more things forward for a bit....forward the ones you wish me to sub to me,if you wish me too...to keep things moving

Gaming Emeritus

oh yes, I somehow forgot for a moment you might be the best choice ... especially as your faction might die as well soon?

Will send you cs now

Falathrim and House of Haldad [subbed - just for the moment]

Turn to Gondolin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zdjwpu3zt...in_44.sav?dl=0

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

The siege of Bar-en-Nibin-noeg continues as more Falathrim join the fray.

Save sent to Dwarves player via discord: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2gkex...es_44.sav/file

bump