Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Sorry for the long wait, but managed to get the turn finally, however RP have to wait for tomorrow.
    Fingolfin up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/mqhdb3

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - First Age] Quenta Silmarillion (Roleplay Hotseat)

Marach

After many years of living in the secret kingdom of Gondolin, learning the ways and craft of the Gondolindrim and receiving teachings from Turgon himself, Hurin started to feel home sick. He longed to see his father and brother and walk the mountainous trails of Dor-lomin again. So he went to the king and spoke with him.

“My lord, your hospitality and kindness to me has been overwhelming and my appreciation cannot be described in words. The only thing I can do to repay you for this is to swear that when the time comes I will come to your aid, even if it be at the risk of my own life. However, I need to talk to you about a burning matter to me. As of late, I have been longing to see my home again and my family. Since the lands are so dangerous nowadays, I haven’t heard from them in quite a while. May I ask your permission to leave now and return to my lands?

“My dear Hurin! You have been like a son to me that I never had. I would have you live by my side till the rest of your life like a prince among Elves with the highest honors. But I can see that you’ve been distant lately and can only imagine how much you miss your family. I have to say that this is a tough decision for me to make. As you know, our law forbids anyone to leave this land once inside with no exceptions,” said Turgon. “I cannot let anyone learn about the secret of this country,” he added, but felt terrible about this.

Hurin left the king downcast. A few days later he pleaded with the king once more saying that one of the great eagles could carry him away and that way no one would learn of the secret.

The king thought long about this in his chamber. Seeing how Hurin was torn inside and sensing that a stronger fate envelops this man (and his brother), he decided to release Hurin.

The Eagles of Crissaegrim were informed and the preparations for Hurin’s departure were made.

The only person that couldn’t stand the king’s decision was Maeglin, a dark elf who was one of Turgon’s chief advisors and captains by now.

“I can’t believe that you are willing to make an exception for this MAN. You weren’t so generous to my father!”

Yet the king had none of that and the decision was final. Maeglin had to live with his bitterness for now.

Before Hurin’s departure the king had a private word with him.

“Before you go, I need to tell you something in confidence. I’m beginning to feel that the kingdoms of Beleriand won’t survive hatred of Morgoth. I’ve been having dreams that I believe came from Ulmo who warns me not to blindly believe in the secrecy of our kingdoms and strength to withstand the Enemy. I don’t believe that Morgoth has the power to defeat such places as Doriath or Gondolin, but Ulmo speaks about a secret hope,” now the king started to whisper to Hurin, “that is tied to the fate of our two lines, specifically, to the line of your brother Huor.” Hurin looked at the king full of wonder, but said nothing.

Turgon continued, “I believe a time shall come that the offspring of our two families will save us from the grasp of Morgoth.”

Hurin now replied, “I shall speak about this to my brother Huor, but no one else. If this indeed is a message from the Valar Ulmo, the Enemy must not know about it.”
    The king nodded in silence and embraced the man in a last farewell.

Hurin was carried away from Gondolin and taken near his own lands.

Feanor: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SO...krv7wL0UNp-ADA
    Last edited by Adanedhel; June 28, 2019 at 04:33 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

With slight delay but here is mine:

New and new packs of dragons and drakes are gathering in the Blue Mountains making a swarm so big and numerous the world never seen before, all in preparations to invade further into the dwarven kingdoms and seize their mountain halls. Meanwhile Glaurung is halfway through the pass into the deeper lands of Beleriand and soon the first settlement will feel his wrath and power.

With the elves hastily leaving Shelob and her children managed to retake the lair that belonged to the great Ungoliant. While the Great Spider is now dead, her lair will serve Shelob well for the future as she is slowly rebuilding her spider "empire".

The Rhaugdaur felt the wrath of the elves and after the great defeat at the bridge the elves took no time to relax and pushed further on plundering and burning down one of the lairs of the creatures. While this was a great setback, the dark forests still holds many more hidden lairs and caves and their threat will still linger on the nearby elven kingdoms. It will take some time before they regain their numbers, but the elves only delayed the inevitable for a small time window.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

I've posted it in the Players' Absence Notice but I will post it here as well so you all know it. I'll be going on holiday for two weeks starting from the 13th of July until the 28th of July. Regrettably I won't have access to my or any computer in that period so I won't be able to play any of my turns in the hotseat. I know we can't stop the hotseat just for me so I will have to be subbed until I return. I do intend to return to the hotseat when I return!

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Can we get a sub or something?

Gaming Emeritus

I would like, if someone else from the elves would play Athelstans turn. I can send a clear save, if someone willing to do it.

i can do it ..if a cleared turn can be sent?
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Sons of Feanor and House of Bor subbed ...

next turn is Doriath which i will do tommorow

Heavy was the burden of King Thingol , when he knew that his precious daughter had returned from the quest, and he hurried , with his wife , Melian to greet her, at the gate of Menegroth upon hearing that three eagles had bought them to safety. Grabbing his robes he met the bedraggled party of both his daughter, Luthien and Beren , who was in poor state, with his hand missing. Beren nodded to the King in greeting , barely keeping himself aloft whilst his daughter ran to embrace Melian , with tears in the eyes, and even the eyes of King Thingol grew misty , as he called healers forth to take care of the couple , and carry them to the rooms of healing.

Many days , the couple lay exhausted recovering from the exertion of travel ,with the pain and injuries they had suffered , and the healers aided in the healing of their bodies and minds , until both were brought before the king and queen of Doriath in front of the whole court , to hear their tales , of the quest the king had set.

Before the king Beren told that the quest had been fulfilled and that he held the jewel within his very hand , upon the king asked to see the jewel , to which beren raised his arm with a empty stump to show where his hand once was. Thingol intrigued with what could have been the story behind such events, asked for explanation of what had transpired , and beren and luthien between them , told the tale of what had befallen them , and how they had taken a jewel from morgoth's crown, and King Thingol sat mesmerized at such tales they wove, for never had he heard of such tales of bravery and daring , and when the tale had finished, he gazed at his wife, who nodded and Thingol announced that Beren was no mere man and worthy of his daugher. Indeed now in Thingol's view ,Beren stood with the other heroes of men , and had no issues with him marrying his daugher Luthien , and the two eagerly agreed to be wed that very afternoon.

With the wedding of his daughter, the realm of doriath , stood a little lighter, and a little merrier for several days , as feasts and parties, were held throughout the realm , with elfvish bards, singing out the new tale of Beren one hand and the tale of the quest of the Silmaril , and it echo'd thought the whole of the forest . But such merriment could'nt last, as at last word reached the king of the mighty Carcharoth , wolf of the darklord to the north, had broken through the Girdle of Melian and was slaying all doriath elfs he could find.

The king however was planning to send his best captain , Mablung to face the spiders to the north , as the army on the border, needed a better commander to face the spiders [actual game we are playing] but Thingol spoke to him, to wait , and assembled a mighty hunting party to , pin down the evil creatures position , so that it could be finished for the last time. Later that day , King Thingol had assembled his best warriors in that Mablung, and Beleg Cúthalion were ready to help in the hunt . Also beren was now called Beren Erchamion, or the "One-handed" and he was also willing to fight , his recovery of his body was complete , and although one handed , he moved his spear with a swiftness, that belied his lack and he would be a tough opponent. The three setout into the northern woods, with other small parties of elfs on the flanks on the hunt , and in the midst of the forest , they were joined by Huan the hound , who had finally escaped from morgoth's lands and wished to rejoin Beren and Luthien. Knowing of the threat in the north , the hound , accompanied his friend , Beren , to perhaps complete the unfinished business of the quest.

It took many days of hunting , but at last they found his trail and tracked Carcharoth, to under the eaves of Neldoreth [Forest of Neldoreth was where Lúthien was born], drinking beneath a waterfall of the River Esgalduin. The King and his companions sprung out and confronted the mighty beast , trying to surround it , and wear it down from all sides, and it almost seemed , there to be a light glowing from the beasts underside, as the jewels light , was so bright , to shine even out of the great beasts flesh , perhaps even burning it , and driving it beyond madness.

A nearby elfven patrol rushed forward to the king's aid , in the struggle , one of the number getting to close, as the great beast bit into him and hurled his burning flesh high in the sky , whilst other's like Beleg and other archers pelted the great beast with arrows which he shrugged off. Scattering his opponents, Carcharoth rushed at the King Thingol near driving him from his horse , and the mighty monarch might have fallen that day , but for the speed , bravery and skill of beren , who leaptin front of the king , striking the foul beast with his spear. Carcharoth parried the blow and then bit deep into the Humans chest, ripping out a great chunk of the brave mans flesh, and with the King down , Beren wounded, and the rest of the elves scattered it looked like Carcharoth would be celebrating another victory , but before he could finish off Beren , brave Huan jumped out and took hold of Carcharoth and rend't his flesh with his great claws. The two greats then circled each other before grappling each other in a mass of claws, and bites as the rest of the elfes looked on in awe at the furiosity of the fight . For a full ten minutes , each creature , rent the flesh , bite and clawed at each other , with no backing down , and as both began to inflict life givng wounds on each other , they began to tire, and Huan rallying the last of his strength , took Carcharoth's neck with his jaw, biting down , ending the evil creatures reign of terror.

Elfves flooded forward checking on the king , and others of the hunting party ,and they found Beren and Huan both dying from mortal wounds ,they had no skill to cure . In his death throe's , Huan clawed his way forward on the ground , moving himself ever closer to Beren where he spoke his third and final time before dying wishing Beren and Luthien farewell as he breathed his last, with beren's hand upon his head. {Thus was Huans prophecy fulfilled]

Thingol ordered his huntsman Mablung to retrieve the jewel, and the elfven guard, drew a large dagger he wore and he began to skin Carcharoth Stomach and saw the precious jewel, shining like the stars still grasped within berens hand. Lifting the hand and jewel out , he found his hand suddenly forced to ground with the weight of the jewel , and henceforth the hunter would be called "Mablung of the Heavy hand" . Peeling away the jewel from the hand, Mablung carried it to where Beren still lay in deep pain , and placed it within his hand , so that he could complete the quest, which he did in handing the jewel to the king , but such was his pains from his wounds , that he could'nt speak , and soon the elfs, placed him aboard a horse, to take him back to Menegroth for healing, if he would survive the journey. Thingol's eyes glimmed at the appearance of such a jewel, but such was the commotion at dealing with the dead and wounded of the party , that he placed it one of his pockets to be examined later, when they returned...as the party returned at speed, and Mablung was set on his duty to return to the war against the spiders [this is game RP bit ] .

Reaching Menegroth , the party dissembled, but Luthien was already there waiting to see their return , and with dismay they took beren from his horse, and lowered him to the ground , were weeping Luthien took him in her arms, and Beren looked one more time into her eyes, before he breathed his last. The silence of the forest of Doriath seemed palpable , and Luthien felt no comfort , as she held the dead body of her loved one, his spirit now departed for the Halls of Mandos where souls were judged . But as the days grew on , despite attendants , her parents , and many healers , Luthien would'nt eat, nor take sleep or comfort, and within a few days , she too died of a broken heart, to the dispair of all.

-----------------------------------

...And now the tales turn to the Halls of Mandos, which stood on the northern shores of Valinor, looking out across the Encircling Sea , the Halls were said to grow in size as the World aged, and their walls were hung with the tapestries of Námo's spouse Vairë, depicting all the events of unfolding history. The sable Hall has floors and columns of jet and is draped with dark vapours. It is lit only with a single vessel containing some gleaming drops from the pale dew of Silpion, placed in the centre.

It was to the Halls of Mandos that the spirits of Elves and Men were gathered to await their different fates, and so Mandos was given its name of the Halls of Awaiting. After a time, the immortal Elves could be re-embodied, and return from the Halls to their kin in Aman. Men had a different fate, a fate which, even among the Lords of Valinor, only Mandos and Manwë truly understood. No one, however, not even Morgoth, could escape the Halls without Mandos' permission. But here in halls now stood Luthien , her heritage making her a important guest perhaps, as she stood with other spirits to await the judgement of the powerful valar.

When Luthien's turn came , she stood before Mandos himself , and sang a beautiful and wonderous song of her own making about her ill fate, and the longing for Beren,the dead mortal husband taken from her , at the point they were truly together and happy, ....... the mighty Valar sat in wonder at her song......enjoyed the melody , she wove..........before he would make his judgment........

{Last part to be done by turkinwe when he returns to complete the RP tale of Beren and Luthien}

---------------------------------------------

Beleg Cuthalion

Beleg Cúthalion was a Sindar who served King Elu Thingol of Doriath. He was considered to be the best archer and huntsman of his time , Beleg means "mighty" in Sindarin and his epessë Cúthalion means "Strongbow".

Together with Mablung, he was one of the great captains of the Sindar. Beleg was captain of the Marchwardens and therefore was usually on duty on Doriath's northern borders near Brethil, Dimbar and Nan Dungortheb. Beleg carried a black bow named Belthronding, to which his epessë (surname) referred, and an arrow called Dailir.

If he went outside of Doriath, he was often accompanied by Mablung, e.g. when they went to the Mereth Aderthad. He and Mablung also were the only two Elves from Doriath who joined the hosts of the Noldor in Nirnaeth Arnoediad.

He took part in the Hunting of the Wolf, together with King Thingol, Mablung, Beren Ercharmion and the great hound Huan.

Later he became a good friend and brother-in-arms of Túrin Turambar, but that will be another tale.....

Mablung

Mablung was a captain and marchwarden to King Elu Thingol of Doriath , together with Beleg Cúthalion he was one of the great captains of the Sindar and were often seen together when outside Doriath. Contrary to Beleg, who was on duty in the marches of Doriath, Mablung seems to have been in a position of command in Menegroth and present at important events.

Mablung and Daeron were present at the Mereth Aderthad as Thingol's messengers.

With Beleg, he also participated to the Hunting of the Wolf to reclaim the Silmaril from Carcharoth, who had swallowed Beren's hand holding it. Mablung "was chiefly remembered by in legend" for after removing Beren's hand (still unpolluted and holding the Silmaril) from the belly of the beast, his own hand fell violently to the ground and was "forced open", from what appeared to be the great weight of the Silmaril.

Beleg and Mablung were the only two Elves of Doriath who took part in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and he fought with the host of Fingon.

Mablung the Hunter became entwined in the Doom of Húrin's children when he interceded in a confrontation between Túrin and Saeros (a counselor to the King) in Thingol's hall but again like Beleg ..that is for another tale..

Turn to the Falathrim
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ilw3afj9p...im_12.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:21 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Nargothrond and the House of Bëor

On the edge of the Meres of Twilight the Elves of Nargothrond found the evil creatures licking their wounds. Orodreth fell on them swift and ruthlessly taking out Bat and Warg sentries before starting the slaughter. Long had it been since Nargothrond had sent such a grand host outside it's borders, the Dagor Bragollach being the last time before sealing their Kingdom. But Orodreth was emboldened by the deeds of Beren and Lúthien and he felt the bonds of kinship with Thingol and the Sindar more than his Noldor brethren. Thus he had thrown away caution and had marched outside his Halls to bring battle to the foes of Elves and Men alike. He triumphed over his dminished enemy and sent them running back to the dark forest from whence they had come, leaving many an evil beast behind. A small victory but perhaps the beginning of the turning of the tide.

Battle Results

Beren and Lúthien

Mandos sat on his throne, ever looking grim, and listened to this song that Lúthien wove. Though his face looked grim his spirit was moved by the Elf-Maiden's grief and sorrow and he pitied her, something Mandos was never moved to and never more again will be. He therefore summoned Beren, whose spirit had lingered in the Halls as Lúthien had requested upon his death, not willing to depart before their last goodbye. There the two lovers met once again and Mandos went for counsel to Manwë, Lord of Arda under Illúvatar. Mandos had not the power to withold the souls of Men to pass beyond this world and nor did Manwë. Manwë took counsel with his inmost thoughts to see the will of Illuvatar. After much contemplation Manwë came to the Halls of Mandos and presented Lúthien with a choice. Through her deeds and the great sorrow that was inflicted upon her she would be released from the Halls of Waiting and could spent her days in Valimar unto the world's ending, where her hurts would be healed. Beren would not be able to join her there for not even Manwë could deny Beren Death which was the Gift of Illuvatar to the Second Kindred.

Caught in the afterlife
    I've gone too far
    When sorrow sang softly and sweet
    The air was filled with tears
    Full of sadness and grief
    When sorrow sang softly and sweet

The second choice was this: that she would return to Middle-Earth together with Beren, without any certanties of long life or joy and become mortal just like Beren. Thus they could spend one mortal life together and be subject to a second death and leave the world together forever. This is the Doom she chose, her love for Beren stronger than any bonds of kinship. This is the choice she took and both were released from Mandos and sent back to Middle-Earth to live out their days.

Beren and Lúthien woke again in their bodies in Doriath and the residents of that Kingdom were both filled with joy and fright for they knew their souls had departed to the Halls yet somehow they had been sent back. Thingol, who had been taken by grief, was cured of the winter that ruled his heart by the touch of Lúthien but Melian saw in her daughter's eyes the Doom of Men and turned away in sorrow. Melian knew there was to be a definitive parting at the edges of the world and she would have to say goodbye indefinitely. No other could have felt the fierceness of Melian's grief of loss.

Then the couple went forth and crossed the river Gelion, into the lands of Ossiriand where they settled on the Isle of Tol Galen in the midst of the river Adurant. Henceforth the Eldar called the island Dor Firn-i-Guinar, the Land of the Dead that Live. There they dwell in contentment and Lúthien bore a son, Dior, Thingol's Heir, joining the Two Kindreds forevermore.

Thus ends the Lay of Leithan.

Out on the water
    The island of the dead that live
    There they dwelt
    Until they left the world and
    Still their deeds live forth in songs

A big thank you to everyone who participated in the telling of Beren and Lúthien's story. Special thanks to paladinbob123 who put so much effort in organising it and writing excellent RP on top of that!

Dwarves up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e0bnlt...es_12.sav/file
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; July 30, 2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added link and battle results

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jbc2qrzkqf6o4gx/QS_Laegrim_12.sav/file
    Last edited by JCdestr0yer; August 06, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

All is quiet. For once, there is no story to tell. But the Elves know the peace will not last.

Morgoth:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1les...ew?usp=sharing

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Dark clouds gather in the north as Morgoth's legions prepare and reinforce themselves as more and more reinforcements arrive from Angband.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gaming Emeritus

As the Dwarves prepare their forces and defenses, more and more drakes are gathering for a push into deeper in the Blue Mountains, while in the southern dark forest the Raúgdaur are still licking their wounds after one of their major cave system has been ravaged by the Avari Elves.

Fingolfin up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/gwlf0j

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

After many years of separation, Hurin finally returned to his family in Dor-lomin. People wondered at how Hurin had changed and looked more like an Elf prince, rather than a human. Galdor, Hurin's father, asked him where he was all this time, but the son fell silent. After a string of relentless questions, Hurin finally replied that he was under an oath of secrecy and could not reveal anything. The family dropped the questioning, seeing that Hurin was involved in some bigger plot, and instead rejoiced in his return. It was a joyous time for everyone, as all loved their valiant commander. Feasts were held every day for a fortnight in celebration.

Feanor: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mQ...FodS0qHtlxAOvZ

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Dark clouds gather in the north as Morgoth's legions prepare and reinforce themselves as more and more reinforcements arrive from Angband. Meanwhile, the elves stand helpless to the south, and shore up their defenses in any means they can. But hope is but a fragile thing, for against the great enemy the people of Fëanor will surely perish. But being elves with grim resolve, then shall fight ferociously until no more blood can be spilt. And they are not alone in their struggle, for the men of the House of Bór stand with them. All seems hopeless, but what is life without hope? Maedhros gazes north, and sighs.

Doriath

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g7t...ew?usp=sharing
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

King Thingol was worried about so many things in these winter days , and the news that his daughter had returned to the lands , but had become mortal was a bittersweet blow , that he and Melian had much to ponder over, glad that she had returned abet to the lands of Laegrim , but equally bitter that she had renounced her immortality. Weighed down with the worry for his daughter, there was little good news , as he was advised that the evil forces had gathered their forces for perhaps another attack , and that Cirdan , the shipwright, had advised him , that many elfs gathered new arms to resist the effort in the north , as the forces of Morgoth attempted to push the pass of Sidion again.

Thingol sighed, that he did'nt have the strength to add his own forces to the struggle as his fight was more to the south , as he attempted to form a rough collation of the southern peoples to perhaps perhaps reduce the holdings of evil in their own territories , so that , one day , they all might add their own warriors to the struggle in the north, but today was not that day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mesage.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	336.6 KB 
ID:	359346

Of immediate problems was the raided lands of Aelin-Uial which had been taken from Nagrothrond , but another wandering band of evil creatures and a small joint force was formed from both Doraith and from Nargothrond , as both moved to help solidify their own borders. The peoples of Doriath arrived first, laying siege to the small town , building some ladders whilst they awaited arrival from the small battlegroup from Nargothrond to arrive , letting none of the evil forces inside escape. Within weeks, they were joined by a small battlegroup of their allies and both setout to assault the small town , making use of their superior bow skills to pin down most of the creatures , mostly being bats , commanded by what appeared to be orc like creatures. It took little effort covered with bowfire , to secure the ladders and secure the walls , shooting all bats whereever they seemed to concentrate , as they seemed to lack battle field awareness, unlike the orc like creatures, who putup stiff resistance , and it took a small number of elfven lives to secure the town , much to the disgust of the elfven commander in charge of the forces of warriors.

Name:	battle at Alein.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	421.2 KB 
ID:	359347

-----------------

In the north however , a small group of Doriath elven rangers, forest wardens and heavy swordsmen , using their spies , navigated themself's into Shelobs lair , and confronted the foul beast , within her nest. It looked bleak for the elven rangers, as most where grabbed and poisoned by her venom , some where surprised with sudden rushs and thrown against walls and roof with shelobs furry of limgs succumbing to unconsciousness or to death , and it was only at the efforts of many rangers, waving their torches at her , keeping her at bay , whilst the heavy elven swordsmen ran forward beating their elven blades at her foul hide and legs, with the rest of the rangers, sending arrow after arrow into her. Shelob , stood up on her back legs , suddenly scattering many of the swordsmen , pushing them away with her legs , knocking them back against the walls of the cavern , before emitting a fiercesome shriek , before she shuttered off into the darkness into deeper tunnels that none dared to follow , to never to be seen again.

Rangers and other elf's cheered thinking themselfs the victors of this fight, as the heavy swordsmen and forest wardens rushed forward with sword , shield and bow , finishing off the rest of Shelobs minor kin , who threw themselfs at the elven battle group in a foolish effort , to overwhelm the more skillful attackers. When at last the foul work had been done , and the Spider Lair , secure , many of the elfs, took to the top of the cavern looking around at the surrounding fields and forest , happy that the deed had finally been done , hoping beyond all hope , that perhaps the last nest of the spiders had been taken , and that this would be the last they would see of the spiderkin.

Suddenly , there was rumbling in the great caverns below , as in response , to the great spider Shelobs, departure at being driven from her home , as hundreds of spiders, large and small began to spill out of the holes , crooks and caverns around the Spider lair , as the rest of the eggs that Shelob , had hidden in the depths had hatched and with their overwatching protectors they had issued out from the depths forming into another small army much to the horror and shock of the elven battlegroup thinking their work had been done.

Name:	main-qimg-f149779999b9c2b3953236d050393014.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	359349

Yes Shelob had been driven from the elven realms ,to who knew where [at least not to be seen again in these times], but the last of her kin , had rallied and formed another sizable armygroup at her loss, and now stood in the plains below the spider lair , as the elite elven battlegroup took to arms , ready to defend the cavern , as they had'nt the strenght or time to retreat in the open.

Name:	attack on Shelob.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	413.5 KB 
ID:	359348

Turn to the Falathrim

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjzseiua77...im_13.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 06:22 PM.

Halmir stood as dusk fell on his army's camp. The camp was hidden at the edge of the woods, positioned to ward against any army that approached from the north, and it was large, the largest he'd seen in his life. Still, he knew it needed to be larger. He needed more men, yet there were none. He had all the troops he could muster from the victory against the beasts in the south, plus some freshly recruited men who hadn't wielded a weapon in their lives. He sighed. Suddenly his son Haldir rode up beside him, and dismounted. They were alone.

"Do you have news from the Elves?" Halmir asked.

"Yes, father. Turgon will stand by us, and I have more news, unexpected news," he said with a grin. "A lone rider came in from the west last night. He was of Cirdan's folk, and came from the Havens. He brought a message for your eyes only." He handed his father the sealed letter.

Halmir opened it and read. He noted that the handwriting was too good to be anything but an Elf's.

"What does it say?" Haldir asked.

"Cirdan is coming, with thousands of his warriors. As we speak he crosses the plains of Nargothrond." This was just the news Halmir needed, maybe he could give the enemy a good fight. "Also, Haldir, I must tell you something, I have orders for you."

"What is it? Are you finally going to give me a command?"

"No, I want you to not engage if the Dragon attacks. You must stay behind to lead if I fall."

"But Father, I've proven myself in battle. You will need me on the battlefield, I've led my troops to victory already," he pleaded.

The High-Lord spoke firmly, "Against wolves, Haldir, against wolves, and bats. Not Dragons and Balrogs. I'm sure you've seen the reports. The enemy outnumbers us three-to-one, and the difference grows every day. The pass is blackened with the sheer number of Orcs. Most of our good men died fighting the wolves. Defeat is the most likely outcome of the coming battle even if Cirdan arrives in time. And if we lose then Brethil is lost, and the people will need you to guide them. Go west, pledge your service to Cirdan, and he will surely let what's left of our people live in his lands."

"Then what?" his son asked.

"Fight alongside the Elves. Resist while you can, but stay alive. Victory may come in the end, even if it's not soon. Keep our people safe until they can return home, or find a new permanent home, we've done this before." He sighed. "I am old, even if we were to win the next battle I would likely not live to see the final victory, but you may. Your time comes as mine flees away."

"I see, father. I will follow your orders," he said and left, leading his horse by the reins away into the gloom.

Sorry for the lateness. I forgot to check TWC the last couple of days. I've been spending most of my evenings reading The Wheel of Time https://drive.google.com/open?id=14z...1ia2_Le1zZqhbb Gondolin up