Thread: FMIR Near-finished Beta

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Default FMIR Near-finished Beta

Hi guys. since the developers have expressed desire to finish this mod (I was a tester before Salvor Hardin disapeared), and I FINALLY found it, I've uploaded the installer. I was told it was about 99% completed in the form of this upload. We do not know if Hardin is even alive, or what he's up to. There's no sign he isn't coming back, and I have no doubt if he is gone, or simply doesn't want to return, he would be fine with releasing it. As far as I know, none of the developers who still come on the forum have this beta.

Keep in mind, there are balance problems. Playing as Judea (Hasmonean Dynasty) is almost impossible, or outright impossible, because Nabataea is scripted and boosted. The reason why is Judea played by AI, tended to completely stomp out the Nabataeans too quickly. This needs to be addressed, because the Hasmoneans are unplayable without cheating, from my experience. Nabataean boost scripts need to be reduced or something.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AheBYtPQpTPijYBpXSqjv9Bluw5idA

Default Re: FMIR Near-finished Beta

It's good. I've installed it and right now i'm playing it. It's beautiful. I hope someday, somebody will remaster Caesar Imperator, making it more ''modern'', because it has that vanilla style.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

oh my glob!!!!!!!!!!

I played with spqr.This was ok until the battles with the armies of Pontus that do not work.Other, congratulations for a very good mod.

I played with spqr.This was ok until the battles with the armies of Pontus that do not work.Other, congratulations for a very good achievement.

So that's why my battles wont load. I thought that is something with my computer. First with Rome with Pontus, than with Pontus with Rome. I hope someone will finish it and fix all it's problems, because is a good mod.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

This used to be one of the most anticipated mods for me. Now I have finally a change to download it, thank you very much Prince of Judah!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for posting the download link! I was also beta-tester of FMIR and I tested Romans, Seleukids and Hasmoneans. I lost my installation file, so I´m really grateful for your upload

Personally I would say the mod was far for finished and it was playable only as Rome. Seleukids/Hasmoneans very unplayable as you said and the fixes were needed (facing Nabataea was insane and when the Romans came the game was over ). Sadly HS disappeared (I hope he is fine, such a great person and talented developer).

Also it will be great to revive the FRRE mods.

So would anyone know how to nerf Nabatea? I cannot find anything in the data, I am to bad at this.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So would anyone know how to nerf Nabatea? I cannot find anything in the data, I am to bad at this.
    Hi I'm sorry I took so long to respond. I do not know whether Nabataea needs to be nerfed or not. If I recall correctly, some or all, of the problem, is due to scripting, which does something, possibly spawn nabataean stacks, which make the game unwinnable while playing as Judea.

There are problems with eastern thorakitai.All the battles they participate do not work.

eastern thorakitai

The file has been deleted. Please reupload.

The link as broken, please make the upload again.

-Edit-

I manage to recover the link, he as now uploaded here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/first-man...fmir-installer
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; September 20, 2022 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Uploaded links

So this mod is just dead?

That's what I fear ...