Thread: MAARC LXXVI - The result!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default MAARC LXXVI - The result!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

MAARC LXXVI

Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is Written in Sand by Kilo11. This relatively new AAR has beaten a large an impressive field to earn Kilo11 his bronze Writers' Study medal. It is set in the Arabian desert, and Kilo11's descriptive writing conveys the atmosphere as well as the action. Congratulations on winning the MAARC, and additional congratulations on the new medal, Kilo11!

In SECOND PLACE is A Wolf Among Sheep by Seether. Following a three-way tie-break for second and third place, we have another fairly new AAR in second place, giving Seether his first Writers' Study points. This one is set in China, and brings us lively action, interesting characters, and great screenshots.

In THIRD PLACE is The Saga of Haraldr Yngling and the Nordmanna by theSilentKiller. The title of this one says it all, really - this has everything you would expect, or could want, from a Norse saga. Fighting, gods, mead, poetry, a contest with huge stakes... it's all here.

Thanks to everyone who submitted and everyone who voted, and many congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here, the original voting thread is here, and the tie-break thread is here.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: MAARC LXXVI - The result!

Congratulations, Kilo11, Seether and theSilentKiller!

Thanks to all my fellow entrants, to everyone who voted and to Caillagh for running our 76th MAARC!

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Well done everybody, and congrats Kilo11 on your shiny bronze medal.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

As Darkan said, well done!!! Now I need to catch up on my reading after the lapse of a month.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Congratulations everyone! Three great tales have won in an increasingly more difficult competition.

Thanks to everyone who took part and voted. After seeing the tie-break vote I actually thought my AAR was out, as the field was super competitive this time around, with amazing entries from everyone! Keep up the good work all you writers out there, and keep sending in that good stuff!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing