Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your football club?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

Default What is your football club?

Now that the Cup is over, we'll go back to our normal lives, rooting for our own clubs in our local tournaments. Since there's people from a lot of places here (mostly Europe, though), I got curious to know which clubs are your clubs, the ones you follow and root for on domestic and continental competitions. Not the ones you just sympathize with, but that one which you have been a fan of all your life, and always will be. True football passion.

Nice to get some club-level discussion going.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: What club do you root for?

As an Australian, I "root" for the AFLs Saint Kilda Football Club. CAAAAAARN SAINTERS!

Won't lie though, they're not an easy team to barrack for, they've only won one premiership game and that was in 1966 :'( which is waaaaaayyyy before my time haha. Although my dad was there as a little tacker.

Last edited by isa0005; July 16, 2018 at 08:55 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    As an Australian, I "root" for the AFLs Saint Kilda Football Club. CAAAAAARN SAINTERS!

Won't lie though, they're not an easy team to barrack for, they've only won one premiership game and that was in 1966 :'( which is waaaaaayyyy before my time haha. Although my dad was there as a little tacker.

As an Australian too...my favorite club is one of the most historic ones in the country with participation to world club Cup once:

Former Hellas Melbourne FC.
    As a Hellen but fun of the Middle Ages Roman Empire my favorite FC is PAOK:
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Nice. Is "root" an inadequate expression for "belonging" to a team? I don't know how to say that in English. In Brazil we say "torcer", which means literally "to twist" or "bend" or something like that, and can both mean that you have a club which your are specially a fan of, or that in a particular match you want one team to win, so you are "torcendo" for them.

Edit: Oh, your club plays football with their hands! You don't happen to cheer for a team of soccer, as you call it over there?
    Last edited by Macunaíma; July 16, 2018 at 09:31 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

The Red Devils...Forever.

I thought you were Greek.

Oh I am.
    Greek football league isn't that great tbh, but AEK Athens F.C won the league this year and you could say it's my ''favorite'' Greek team. But I'm a hardcore Manchester fun, plus I love Premier League too much.

Default Re: What is your football club?

Apparently AEK is trying to buy one of my club's players, Rodrigo Moledo. I hope they don't succeed.

By the way, that's my club:

The great Sport Club Internacional, of Porto Alegre!

Oh I didn't know that ? hehe I hope he deserves his money.

He played in Greece last season, but for Panathinaikos. Even won a prize as best central back in the league or something like that.

But this buying of him might as well be an invention of the press.
    Last edited by Macunaíma; July 17, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macunaíma View Post
    He played in Greece last season, but for Panathinaikos. Even won a prize as best central back in the league or something like that.

But this buying of him might as well be an invention of the press.
    Oh, I think I know the guy. Yeah it's quite possible.

Tell you what, I'll root for AEK on the Champions League this season, then. Hope they do better than Olympiakos. But only if they don't take our defender.

This thread is so underwhelmingly empty. I thought people would actually want to dick-wave their clubs around. Guess not.

If it's good then I guess we'll need him.
    Oh I'm sure more people will comment at some point.

Fortunate that in my lifetime My club won two champions league 1 UEFA cup, one Europa league, and really fortunate to see great world class players play for my club.

This will always be in my memory.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

THis one i was too young to remember.. but still quite epic... The great Rabah Madger...

Οh I still remember that. Great final and overall performance from Porto.

I've also been fortunate to see Inter win 2 Copa Libertadores and one Club World Cup, defeating the mighty Barcelona of Ronaldinho in the final. You might have seen it...

I've also been fortunate to see Inter win 2 Copa Libertadores and one Club World Cup, defeating the mighty Barcelona of Ronaldinho in the final. You might have seen it...
    Hell yeah I have seen that game. It was really something.

Oh yeah Porto also has 2 world club trophies Allmost didnt remember that honestly i dont even remember who they played . And one european super cup. We lost the other one in 2004/2005 I think against valencia

In 2004 I know you beat Once Caldas from Colombia by penalty kicks. They were probably one of the greatest upsets on Libertadores history, beating defending champions Boca Juniors in the final by penalty kicks too.

Is Porto in 2004 considered an upset?

Edit: In 87 you beat Peñarol in extra time. A great honor if you ask me. Peñarol is one of the greatest South American clubs, but that was their last Libertadores title. Now they barely reach the knockout stage.

They did reach the final in 2011, though, and were defeated by Neymar's Santos. Even knocked us out in the eighth finals .
    Last edited by Macunaíma; July 20, 2018 at 02:48 PM.

In 2004 I know you beat Once Caldas from Colombia by penalty kicks. They were probably one of the greatest upsets on Libertadores history, beating defending champions Boca Juniors in the final by penalty kicks too.

Is Porto in 2004 considered an upset?

Edit: In 87 you beat Peñarol in extra time. A great honor if you ask me. Peñarol is one of the greatest South American clubs, but that was their last Libertadores title. Now they barely reach the knockout stage.

They did reach the final in 2011, though, and were defeated by Neymar's Santos. Even knocked us out in the eighth finals .
    Was Porto an upset in 2004? no i dont think so. The Mourinho tenure was brilliant, as it was his football at the time. ( not the Bus that is like today in United if you ask me)

They won everything they could win in those years with Mou, they also played the best football i ever seen Porto play, under Mourinho. With the likes of Deco, Maniche, Costinha, Ricardo carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Valente, Baia, Derlei, Carlos Alberto ( when he was young and good), The awesome Benny Mcharty and such. best Porto team i have seen. And i was fortunate to have seen a few.

From what i remember that match against Once Caldas, Porto was already looted of players, and the manager was Luiz Fernandez. So different team, different football etc.

It was a peculiar and particular awesome champions the one Porto won in 2004. It was a year where the smaller teams suddenly begun to win against the Big teams. It wasnt just Porto.
    Monaco, Lyon, and Deportivo, made Brilliant runs in that season in CL, beating the likes of Real Madrid, Ac Milan, and Manchester United from what i recall, in epic matches. Porto was able to eliminate United, Lyon did the same with madrid i think. Depor had a legendary match vs AC. MIlan. Etc.

Porto ended up winning the final against Monaco 3-0 SO nothing upset by that.
    That champions league was a pretty awesome edition if you ask me. Of course people who lost it will always be upset. But that is football.

Btw the year earlier Porto had a legendary final in Seville against Celtic, in Uefa cup final.
    That final was everything but Upset

Also In that UEFA cup, Porto had legendary game against Lazio in the semis ( At the time Lazio was a great team btw.) Porto had a 0-0 draw in the first leg with Lazio in Italy. And the second leg was...well..EPIC!!

P.S: About Cristiano Ronaldo. He had already planned to leave Real Madrid months earlier if they did not fix the tax issue he owes to the Treasury (Hacienda). The rest is "salsa rosa" from the press. And if it serves as something for this thread, as a Madridista, I was very annoyed by the statements he made when the game against Liverpool ended. It was premeditated and ready to be the protagonist. Hhhmmmm ... 34 years old, Thank you, God bye ...
    Real Madrid and its 13 European Cups are above one player.
    In short ... Hala Madrid and nothing else! "¡Hala Madrid y nada más!"
    P.S.2: As Florentino said: "the contract is that there is and there is no more." (in bus) After celebration of 13th Champions League

And before insurrections and disrespect, goodbye.
    Salty much?

Btw i agree he should have stayed quiet after the Liverpool game, and far from me to want to defend Cristiano on fiscal issues. But everything else? I cant agree with you. Nor do i see how Cristiano put himself above the club either.... Florentino promised him a better contract. Wich he didnt follow trough, or more likely didn't wanted to follow trough since the beginning, knowing very well the situation would create. Perez have been pushing to see Cristiano go, for a good while now. As lots of Madridistas, oddly enough.
    So im not really surprised by this to be honest. Nor your reaction.
    I do think its Real loss though.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 21, 2018 at 07:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast