Thread: Suggestion about AI

Default Suggestion about AI

This is a question that for a long time i wanted to ask, but here i am asking now : For Medieval 2 Kingdoms, there is a mod or system, ReallyBadAI, who makes the AI very good and very fun to play against it. I think is incorporated in Stainless Stell mod to. I am curious if something similar could be made for RTW mods. For me, after all this years of playing RTW, no matter how good graphics, or new elements or whatever, a mod has, after a while it becomes boring and that's because of how retarded the AI is. So if the guys who mod this game see this, please take into the consideration for the next versions, something that would make the AI really good...of course, if it's possible with this old game. Stainless Steel mod is a good example of this.

Default Re: Suggestion about AI

Thank you, I’ve never heard of that mod, and I don’t play M2tW much. However I know what you mean and we will definitely look into it!

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Thank you, I’ve never heard of that mod, and I don’t play M2tW much. However I know what you mean and we will definitely look into it!
    You're welcome. This is the mod/system i was telling
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-v5-7-Released! and this is Stainless Steel( in wih ReallyBadAi is implemented) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...tainless-Steel . This should be a good inspiration for future work. For example, in this mod(Stainless Steel) if you have a veteran army led by an amateur general, there are big chances for you're army to loose heart against a mediocre army led by a very good commander. It's one of the most realistic mods i ever played. Anyway, good luck in you're future work and hope someday you guys will succeed in creating something similar

Oh!!! I know this mod, we actually tried it before and it was really buggy, but we are gonna look into it again as CATW uses it.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I doubt there's an easy way to implement the RBAI into the RTW engine as it's unique for the M2TW. However, I share Gaspare's feeling that's the AI with the RBAI makes out the best of the M2TW engine and in the mods lacking it (WotN, BC, DoC) you can feel the lack of it.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!