View Poll Results: Who will be our leader?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don mad orc 'y ave

2 11.76%
  • Pope Diamat

5 29.41%
  • Spokesman mishkin

5 29.41%
  • dark lord saraunman

3 17.65%
  • Emperor Shogun

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elect Your Glorious Leader! (III)

Icon3 Elect Your Glorious Leader! (III)

The fine, upstanding denizens of Thema Devia gather to decide who will be their leader.

One year ago, a mighty contest shook the foundations of Thema Devia. Many a stalwart staked their claim to the throne, though in the end, only Diamat - leader of the Avian Alliance and head of the Holy Church of Meloncat - was left standing. Since then, as Pope he has ruled the realm as its first ruler since the days of Dictator Cahoma. His elected term is, however, coming to an end. Thunder clouds are gathering and the disquiet is felt by lord and commoner alike. Will a new challenger appear to seize the throne? Will any of those unsuccessful in the previous election return with a vengeance and oust the feathery one? Will Pope Diamat retain his throne and become even more powerful?

RULES Post here to nominate yourself as the "Head of State of the Thema Devia". Please state your:

Title: (King, President, Emperor, Shah, Shogun, Dictator, Doge, Stadtholder, Sith Lord, etc.)
    Form of Government: (Monarchy, Empire, Republic, Anarchist Commune, Failed State, Intergalactic Theocracy etc.)

You are free to elaborate on why you should be elected as Head of State of the Devia, and to post ToS-abiding heraldry, imagery and such.

- Following 7 days of self-nominations, 7 days of voting will be held featuring all nominees. The winner will be determined by simple majority. You may vote for yourself.

- Should the result be a tie, a subsequent round of voting will be held between the tied members.

- One year after the election of the 'Head of State', a new election will be held. The incumbent Head of State may run again or abdicate/step down.

- No special rules or codes concerning the elected member will be made by members. 'Head of State' is not an official TWC position and the elected member is granted no genuine change in status as a member of the forum.

- No rep-dealing (eg. promising to give rep if elected, requesting rep if elected).

The Administratum has graciously permitted the holding of fresh elections in the Thema Devia. All members of TWC are invited to join in the election of the next leader!

As a historical background, it should be known that the first iteration resulted in the election of Cahoma, who ruled as a Dictator before his abdication in February, 2012.

Those of us participating would do well to behave, for while the Administratum is benevolent, it has made clear that no trouble is to come of this event, and should that be the case, we can be assured of the swift downfall of our polity, and the guillotine for whomever lies responsible.

Who will step forward?

List of Candidates:
    Last edited by Inkie; July 15, 2018 at 05:53 AM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Default Re: Elect Your Glorious Leader! (III)

Name : Don mad orc 'y ave.

Type of government : Benevolent cartel.

Name of government : Thema Devia cartel.

Allegiance(But not total surrender to....) - The Avian alliance, the church of Meloncat and the new, soon to be created 'Order of the silver Pike' .

Love and companionship for - Everyone.

" Brothers and sisters, companions and friends, the sweet cherry of bravery and power, hail the Thema Devia. I am mad orc. I want to contest the election, now before contesting the election, many might ask me.

mad orc, why are you contesting?

And they would not be wrong. Nobody contests just for fun. Hence, the below paragraph is my try to explain my reasons.

I am a member of the TD since only last year. I used to come here before that, but didn't post. People(Whom i won't name) told me that the TD was a joke and that your reputation as a writer would be ruined by posting in that useless forum. Foolishly i believed them. For that, at the moment that I am writing this I am slapping myself hard on the cheek. Now lets get to the present, I am in love for the TD. People had told me that TWC has got a warm community and the best place to experience it is with the friendly users of the Thema Devia.

May it be chatting, playing silly games, hanging out with people on the internet and making new relationships, I should have come here sooner.

But I am wasting too much time, let me get to the point.

The only reason that i am contesting here is because I wish to serve the Thema Devia and the users, whether old or new. I wish to make the Thema Devia, a golden experience for everyone. I wish to become the supremo, the don for this reason only.

I love all the ladies and gentlemen(and animals) here. If you choose me, then I give you my personal promise that i will help you always and become a better orc. For the people who think that there is some bad thing inside me, I tell them only this "Give me a chance and I will make sure that i will become the best ruler you have ever seen.

Let me rule, and let me the giver of life.................err................fun, on the TD.

Looking forward to your wishes
    Don mad orc 'y ave"

and not to mention, a dinosaur ruling the TD, would be coooooooooooooooooool
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; July 15, 2018 at 11:20 AM.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

This thread is HERESY! One cannot remove the POPE from office! Let our blessed THEOCRACY stand for eternity! Devians, HEAR me! Follow the HOLY MELON! MELONCAT is your salvation!
    Trust in HIM! Drink from his bountiful juices! Vive l'Église!

Note: In 30 days, I shall proclaim the establishment of the COLLEGE OF CARDINALS OF THE HOLY CHURCH OF MELONCAT. All those who display their FAITH in this thread shall be considered for a cardinal position.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Spokesman (just because you are required to present a name/position to participate).
    Anarchist Commune,

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

well dark lord saraunman for the URUK HAI and ISENGARD
    here are a few campaign videos

Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Indefinitely Banned

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Title: Emperor Shogun
    Form of Government: Empire Shogunate

Hello Thema Devia,

I am Stone Cold. I am a Panther. I drink beer. I bet you have never seen a black panther who talks and drinks beer do you? If not, that’s why I’m your man, to become Emperor of this place called the TD. The Stone Cold Era has begun! Elect me, as your Emperor Stone Cold (the first) and there will be beer for all. Many cases, all types. You no like beer? That’s okay too. Cranberry juice for you!

Elect me, fellow TWC members. Please, the livelihood of Beerdom Empire is at stake. Those of you who elect me will be granted positions in my realm. And those who are defeated by me will be brought into my Empire with great respect.

Stone Cold Shogun Panther

Blog Entries

Hey, guys, this is not a design contest, stop ridiculing my post.

A poll has been added!

Come one, come all! It's time to vote!

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Blog Entries

Voted. Good luck. Losers.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Voted as well; I regret of not being able to participate this time, but I was busy with too many things these days.. and in any case I need to do more political campaign before people will understand the greatness of the Way of the Dude

best luck to all the losers
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Oh man, this is gonna be a battle for the ages. Good luck guys, and remember to uphold the fine tradition of derailing any conversation by arguing about bread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    bread.
    Yours stinks.

Last edited by Bo1Bo1Sha3; January 26, 2019 at 03:22 AM.
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Indefinitely Banned

Voted!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

voted
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Came back from Promixa Centauri to vote in this election thingy, Jeb Bush seems to not be on the ballot however.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Are we going to organize a "last man standing" tournament in case of evens? Please tell me that it will be so...

Due to errr.. internal struggles in the MA committee I'm used to organize such tournaments; weapons are usually deadly tools like slippers, brooms, strainers, toilet brushes and in general any other kind of weapon that it will take ages to kill (on the logic: the longer the assault, the more the pain! )
    Last edited by Flinn; July 25, 2018 at 04:58 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

”Cut his heart out, with a spoon!”
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I did my civic duty by voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    ”Cut his heart out, with a spoon!”
    "Why a spoon, cousin?"

"Because it's dull, it'll hurt more, you twit!"

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

For the Avians and Diamat. Meloncat protects
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast