Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

I use GEMFX 1.0.8 since the 1.0.9 doesn't work for my Rome 2 or Attila (wierdly enough it works for WH1 and WH2.. -.-)

I don't use any programs to track down the FPS, but I haven't noticed any differences with the new patch.

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Ancestral Update Beta Fix Pack - Updated August 1

For me i got a steep drop in fps,from 50-60 in large battles to 35-40
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar August View Post
    I use GEMFX 1.0.8 since the 1.0.9 doesn't work for my Rome 2 or Attila (wierdly enough it works for WH1 and WH2.. -.-)

I don't use any programs to track down the FPS, but I haven't noticed any differences with the new patch.
    It works for me, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNNyT View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for visual mods? The new update made GEMfx 1.0.9 unusable as it will cause major framerate loss when on.
    A light form of Reshade or even standard GEM without Anti Aliasing.

Quote Originally Posted by elementall View Post
    So, can that be the cause of loss of FPS? because before the update, the game ran very well. but I have lost frames, to a greater extent, in the campaign map ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittman View Post
    For me i got a steep drop in fps,from 50-60 in large battles to 35-40

You're probably using both ingame Anti Aliasing (the new one is much heavier and probably problematic) and GEM's Antiliasing together and as a result your FPS are tremendously suffering or just the new A.A which is laggy, even when using it without any other additions.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 11, 2018 at 09:25 AM.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Lighting mods are bugged. Something with shadows on campaign map. If you have trouble in battle they are first to go down.
    G.E.M is reshade it will eat a lot . Another layer (multiple) of postprocessing require a good rig as always.
    It is 10% usually if you are over the top.
    They upgraded game to have better effects add GEM and you will be off chart pretty soon. Choose your settings differently.
    DeI have far bigger units

Senator

So is the new campaign DEI'ed yet?
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

The new campaign will take some time to be compatible. I have to alter pretty much every aspect of the mod to get it working since its adding a new map, new subcultures, etc.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    Lighting mods are bugged. Something with shadows on campaign map. If you have trouble in battle they are first to go down.
    Yep. Lighting mods will surely need an updat,e since sun movement or lighting effects have changed with the new patch.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The new campaign will take some time to be compatible. I have to alter pretty much every aspect of the mod to get it working since its adding a new map, new subcultures, etc.
    Ah I see. I love your work which is why I'm anxious yo try this new DLC with it.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

So been playing a few campaigns and have missing textures. I.e faces n weps.

Also the spy poison ability is that working? Or I can't ass anyone..

Also perhaps it's my bad play but had two full stacks of Sacred band/three ballistas/lib hoplites and archers plus couple chariots (which seemed to suck).

And got beat by Maesayli one stack plus garrison. Are they meant to be that tough? Maybe it's not using sacred band Vs tribesman (ok they had two chevrons Vs none...and going with more swords etc also for some reason the a.i stuck my reinforcing army on the other side of the map bizarrely.

(Had no other probs say defensively with say hoplite but surely Numidian crap isn't that Uber....I had archers n slingers).

What I'll do is take 4 elephants next time but seems excessive for garrison troops.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; August 14, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

Missing textures is from missing mod parts. The agent abilities have been changed in vanilla and some have to be unlocked via skills.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Loving the mod so far, but I have a question (playing seleucids) Why can't I have Antiochos II declared to be the heir? It states that he isn't part of the dynasty and it seems there is no way of adopting him. Anyway to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Missing textures is from missing mod parts. The agent abilities have been changed in vanilla and some have to be unlocked via skills.
    I have all the parts. At least last time I checked. And the green side of the spy tree does nothing for me...you cannot ass or cause casualties as it's written in. You can sabotage and that's about it.

I had this prob initially but downloaded the last two parts is it perhaps because it's not save game compatible?

P.s And try out Masaeyla (Carthage client state at Dimmidi) with two stacks..seems off the diff.

You meant to play this mod on very hard?

ok just found a parts 9 and 10. lets see...hopefully can use spies now as well. maybe Carthage just sucks against the Africans or I need to change out units.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; August 15, 2018 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    I have all the parts. At least last time I checked. And the green side of the spy tree does nothing for me...you cannot ass or cause casualties as it's written in. You can sabotage and that's about it.

I had this prob initially but downloaded the last two parts is it perhaps because it's not save game compatible?

P.s And try out Masaeyla (Carthage client state at Dimmidi) with two stacks..seems off the diff.

You meant to play this mod on very hard?

ok just found a parts 9 and 10. lets see...hopefully can use spies now as well. maybe Carthage just sucks against the Africans or I need to change out units.
    So do you have all the parts or not ? You could also use the forums 2 part version which is usually more stable than steams 10 parts.
    Be advised that you shouldn't 't report issues as bugs if you're not 100% sure you're having a proper installation et. It confuses us and other people too.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    So do you have all the parts or not ? You could also use the forums 2 part version which is usually more stable than steams 10 parts.
    Be advised that you shouldn't 't report issues as bugs if you're not 100% sure you're having a proper installation et. It confuses us and other people too.

Cheers.
    I didnt actually say it was a bug I said I was missing textures (If I was blaming the mod I would say so...I left it ambigous because am not stupid to think I am not at fault ). If you have steam install 4 extra parts were recently added....so a few days back I had added another two...then another two showed up which werent there or I couldnt see them. Oh and some units do appear to have all the stuff so you can play thinking you are ok...only to then play a battle and notice something is amiss.

So it's slightly misleading as it appears in steam. (there are ten parts now I had 6 I think).

Moreover what adds confusion is the game loads without informing you you are missing parts so for someone who hasnt played in a while you arent necessarily going to be aware to dig about for the extra parts. Am sure am not the only one who will have missed this! I would add it might be beneficial to have a warning message appear some how...but I guess once u know where to check etc etc this perhaps is by the by.

And I still think the Spy cant use any of the poison abilites. (ill check later just about to try and use one).

p.s if you get confused thats not my fault! And if others get confused so be it as well. I'll gladly write back and help them if I can after have solved the issue myself...thats how a forum works no?
    Last edited by Totalheadache; August 15, 2018 at 07:47 AM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    I didnt actually say it was a bug I said I was missing textures (If I was blaming the mod I would say so...I left it ambigous because am not stupid to think I am not at fault ). If you have steam install 4 extra parts were recently added....so a few days back I had added another two...then another two showed up which werent there or I couldnt see them. Oh and some units do appear to have all the stuff so you can play thinking you are ok...only to then play a battle and notice something is amiss.

So it's slightly misleading as it appears in steam. (there are ten parts now I had 6 I think).

Moreover what adds confusion is the game loads without informing you you are missing parts so for someone who hasnt played in a while you arent necessarily going to be aware to dig about for the extra parts. Am sure am not the only one who will have missed this! I would add it might be beneficial to have a warning message appear some how...but I guess once u know where to check etc etc this perhaps is by the by.

And I still think the Spy cant use any of the poison abilites. (ill check later just about to try and use one).

p.s if you get confused thats not my fault! And if others get confused so be it as well. I'll gladly write back and help them if I can after have solved the issue myself...thats how a forum works no?
    And that's why I still can't comprehend why people - and the established TWC-users in particular - would even bother going to steam to get the mod there if they can simply download it directly from here, have it clean and tidy without any issues...

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    And that's why I still can't comprehend why people - and the established TWC-users in particular - would even bother going to steam to get the mod there if they can simply download it directly from here, have it clean and tidy without any issues...
    Why do people buy Iphones when they can buy other products? How long is a piece of string?

Such questions arent very important in the grand scheme of things. Only petty minded people would think otherwise...

p.s if you are gonna troll you are gonna have to do waaaay better than that capitan!

rem I eat trolls for breakfast!
    Last edited by Totalheadache; August 15, 2018 at 08:19 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I dont think we can do anything in regards to informing people more than we already do. The steam version specifically states you need 10 parts and we cannot control the mod manager.

The question why people use the steam version is most often a question of the mod automatically downloading the newest version. The downside is that the steam version is often less stable and this is why some fail to understand the use of steam.
    Personally I can understand why some would use steam, but in the end I would always encourage people to use the TWC version.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    I dont think we can do anything in regards to informing people more than we already do. The steam version specifically states you need 10 parts and we cannot control the mod manager.

The question why people use the steam version is most often a question of the mod automatically downloading the newest version. The downside is that the steam version is often less stable and this is why some fail to understand the use of steam.
    Personally I can understand why some would use steam, but in the end I would always encourage people to use the TWC version.

You are missing the point I made. Maybe the mods states you need 10 parts at the start but I had already installed parts and perhaps there was a message and I did read on here to add parts. However I believe there were 4 parts added not 2 which were the only ones to show up for me initially.

No blame on the mod creater but I had to scroll down to find the last two or they werent easily visible a few days ago. So believing I had installed the extra two I needed another two!!!!! (and its easily missed in game if you arent fighting much...I only spotted today some of the units were missing faces. And I believe one of the posts I saw said something about missing parts and there being two not four hence why I missed it!!!!

Does that make sense?

Ofc if I had been installing from fresh this might have been different.

Anyways its a pointless discussion really...am fine now so moving on...

((the point I am trying to make is the mod works without the extra parts so you could in theory be playing for awhile and then only realise days later. Its no big deal)).
    Last edited by Totalheadache; August 15, 2018 at 09:29 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah. Glad it works for you [emoji4]
    Sadly there is Nothing else we can do and have to hope that people are capable of looking at the multiple pages where we inform how to properly install the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Yeah. Glad it works for you [emoji4]
    Sadly there is Nothing else we can do and have to hope that people are capable of looking at the multiple pages where we inform how to properly install the mod.

With my limited experience with mods usually what happened was if I didnt have all the right parts the mod would just crash to desktop.

Just an idea but cant you just add a command line that would stop people from playing who have say 6 out of the 10 parts from playing? I.e then they wouldnt have to post here in theory because an error message would say please go x and then would say you need to download another 4 parts...

but its not that important.