Thread: Speed of battles

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Speed of battles

Hi Guys,
    I’ve got 3 questions:
    1. how do you play battles in the “realistic” mod (no orders while pausing)? I’ve managed to play a battle with one stack on both sides, but having more units I simply couldn’t follow what’s going up on the map and the AI just attacked my units with no orders, or some my units were chasing the enemy in strange directions.
    2. is it possible to slow down the speed of the battles below 1/2 (eg. in the Medieval 2 you can slow it down at 0.1 thresholds: 0.1, 0.2 etc)
    3. it is possible to see what’s going on with morale and stats of your units during the battle? I mean – not the general info, but slightly more precise. (I might have mixed it up with the Attila system, but I recall being able to see the changes in morale and stamina in real time thus being able to assess the dangers of line breaking up etc. - for the moment I could discern the "Formation broken" or something description - but what's the effect? Minus morale or defense?)
    Cheers
    JoC

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Speed of battles

Hey Jurand,
    1. Regarding this 'realistic mode', I haven't tried it, yet, though I'm quite curious about it and certainly will give it a try in the near future. I can imagine that controlling all of the units in this mode must be quite a daunting task, especially when there is the whole stack involved. Have you actually considered the option of putting some of the groups of units under AI's control once the actual fighting gets under way? That should allow you more freedom to micro-manage those units that require more sophisticated manouvering, like the cavalry or light troops, while the rest - like your line infantry - is taking mostly care of themselves. Historically speaking that also makes sense as the general would normally have a rather limited impact on the exact movement of his troops after the battle has begun.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sadly only in Attila and other games forward you can see morale changes in live mode.

As for formation broken, it is just renamed flanking penalty. For some reason in all new TW games flanking penalty if often applied also when units are fighting frontally. Due to that the flanking penalty is very small but rear attack penalty is higher.

Only way you can know what morale values are for specific units is to see their status, for example stuff like shaken, steady, wavering etc. Each has own threshold so if a unit has shaken status on their description it means their morale is between 5 and 20 points.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Would it be possible to add the parameters for the effects inside the tooltips, like (+x%)?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Thanks, Guys, for the answers!
    JoC

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Would it be possible to add the parameters for the effects inside the tooltips, like (+x%)?
    Well they work in sorta weird way as half of the effects are triggered by specific values like lower threshold of 5 and max threshold of 5 while others mean that overal unit morale is 10% above starting unit morale...
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod