Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New beta from CA

Default New beta from CA

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet, CA posted on facebook a short video announcing a new beta for tomorrow (heavly hinting at the family tree too)

Edit by Dresden - Hijacking this to let everyone know we have a fix pack available to use with the new beta here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?786757 (If the OP wants me to remove this edit, let me know!)
    Last edited by Dresden; July 12, 2018 at 05:47 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: New beta from CA

Well yeah...Isn't that a bliss?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Well yeah...Isn't that a bliss?
    Honestly I was pretty satisfied with the current political system so I'm not terribly hyped. I would love if they fixed phalanx behavior and AA, but I don't know if the current team has the right personell to do that, seems more like an engine issue.
    On the other hand, you modders already knew everything and have stored an already up to date version, right? d:

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Honestly I was pretty satisfied with the current political system so I'm not terribly hyped. I would love if they fixed phalanx behavior and AA, but I don't know if the current team has the right personell to do that, seems more like an engine issue.
    On the other hand, you modders already knew everything and have stored an already up to date version, right? d:
    Well, the political system will need a few readjustments I guess, but it's quite possible that we are ready (as always) to face-tweak, whatever the new patch will bring.

Assuming it is the family tree (which that video seems to heavily hint at), I think a lot of people will be excited. Its absence was one of the biggest criticisms of the game at release so I imagine it will be a popular addition. Maybe we will get an even more robust political system with a family tree included

As always we will be here to update the mod and hopefully have it compatible as soon as possible.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Nearly 5 years late but fair enough.

I hope they tie loyalty of characters to individual people instead of parties. Right now the politics feels like it's an earlyish mid game mechanic and at some point you've beaten it and all parties are super loyal to you forever. It would be awesome if parties loyalty was dependent on your faction leader so when you lost your king or emperor there would be a high chance for civil war

Can someone post a link or something? I see no such videos on their FB page...

Edit: Nevermind, found it on twitter.
    Last edited by Falco; July 11, 2018 at 08:52 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Someone should still post a link for those of us too stupid or too lazy to go looking haha.

Oh yea, a dream will be true!

As we mentioned in the last blog, we’re currently working on a big feature as the free content update for the next campaign pack for Total War: ROME II, which we’ll be opening for a public beta once we’ve announced the content of our new campaign pack. This helps us to ensure that we’re giving all of you the chance to get hands-on with a new feature that will affect the entirety of ROME II’s Grand Campaign. Apart from the Free-LC, the historical new content team is also developing a campaign pack set in a specific location and time period. This particular combination of time and space has barely been touched by ROME II’s current content and comes with a very detailed new campaign map, brand new units, and factions familiar and new. There are also a number of new gameplay mechanics that aim to explore other ways of conducting total war in ROME II.
    June 5 2018 .

https://steamcommunity.com/games/214950/announcements/detail/1682541886215513828

better late than never...but seriously almost 5 years after release?? This was easily the #1 request from the community, instead we got female gladiators and BEES ARTILLERY lol. I'll never understand the decision making at CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Assuming it is the family tree (which that video seems to heavily hint at), I think a lot of people will be excited. Its absence was one of the biggest criticisms of the game at release so I imagine it will be a popular addition. Maybe we will get an even more robust political system with a family tree included

As always we will be here to update the mod and hopefully have it compatible as soon as possible.
    Dresden, I've been meaning to say this for a long time, but, I love you, and I want to have your babies.

Keep up the good work and great attitude

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

I dont know whether you will be able to see that but anyways Im posting it here. Hopefully you can use the link as well:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...cus_composer=0

Anyways, great to see family tree and well, thats all for us DeI players. New general skills, new agent skills, better AI recruitment! CA - we already got it from magnificent DeI team! Gimme good pathfinding in city sieges!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    I dont know whether you will be able to see that but anyways Im posting it here. Hopefully you can use the link as well:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...cus_composer=0

Anyways, great to see family tree and well, thats all for us DeI players. New general skills, new agent skills, better AI recruitment! CA - we already got it from magnificent DeI team! Gimme good pathfinding in city sieges!
    Read the patch notes, there's mention of graphical improvements, AI improvements, ships leaving the shores when disembarking and more

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah, I just did. Removed foliage will actually make forest battpes playable + some minor tweaks. Most of the issues with the game were already solved by DeI team so nothing spectacular. Ships leaving the shores is cool indeed.

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Libertus

Oh God, several startpos changes/issues in the later parts of the patch notes. That's gonna be a pain, huh?

"[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Start-pos characters have been rebalanced in all campaigns – many more were added, both historical and created for gameplay purposes
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Start-pos family trees for campaign other than Grand might have missing characters, names or links between characters
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Some start-pos characters might be labelled as members of another party when they are not expected to be"

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Doesn't sound like a total reworking of it though. How bad do you think it'll be?
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]

[/COLOR]

Libertus

lol my post goofed, but I can't edit. Question still stands I guess

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast