Thread: Would anyone be interested...

Default Would anyone be interested...

I'm just about finished with a really tiny sub-mod, just wondering if I'm the only person who actually thinks this.

The submod would add a whole bunch of traits. Not to generals - they have enough already. To basically everyone EXCEPT generals.

Want witches who cook children for breakfast, or priests who give them presents? Want pirate princesses or merchants who get into crazy debt? Transvestite diplomats or circus freak spies? Well with this it would all be possible and so much more.

Currently I've implemented 340 new traits to add variety to your otherwise boring characters. I want to finish 500 for the release.

There are gameplay implications. Over time, I've found most characters will increase their stats on their own. But honestly I've found it makes my characters feel more real, so it's a small price to pay. At last not only generals get 10+ traits.

Thoughts? Any ideas for a mod name or suggestions for traits?

Default Re: Would anyone be interested...

I'm sold, a few bit randomness could extend playtime you know! Heheh

However, how does one trigger such traits? Is it completely random? I mean a pirate princess would happen if she is fighting pirates/at sea? Though it won't matter too much as the game is called Total War for a reason

Just to name a few ideas : larz's traits submod, total traits submod, more traits for agents?

Anyway, onto the suggestion. (And you've already implemented 340 new traits, chances are what I mentioned probably existed already)

o> Gourmand (All agents?)
    Decrease move speed, {Let's eat that and, oh! More food!}
    o> Globetrotter (All agents?)
    Increase move speed, {To the East and West}
    o> Impolite (Diplomat)
    -1 Diplomacy, -
    o> Odd (Diplomat)
    -1 Diplomacy, {he is, simply, odd...}
    o> Criminal (Assassin, Spy)
    +1 Subterfurge, {Has good previous 'experience'}
    o> A Murderer (Spy)
    -1 Subterfuge, {Tend to raise heat by killing people}

Traits with Special Conditions
    o> Legal Killer (Assassin)
    +1 Subterfuge, requires Town Hall line, {Feels good to kill people in the name of the King!}
    o> Blessed Killer (Assassin)
    +1 Subterfuge, requires Religious Buildings Line, {Feels good to kill people in the name of God!}
    o> Good Connection (Merchant)
    +1 Finance, requires Brothel Line, -
    Last edited by Cokjan; July 11, 2018 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Cokjan! Just got another few in.

My original pirate princess trigger required her to be a warrior princess (which can happen if she's in a castle or a town with a higher-level barracks-type building), not be a bimbo (or any other of the vapid traits), and to board a ship, from where it has a 25% chance per turn of happening. In practice I've found princesses board ships so rarely that I might get rid of the warrior princess requirement.

Although I'll admit a few of them have caused me trouble. I want to get a "Supports Crusade" trait working for violent priests (and a similar "Supports Jihad" for violent imams) but no matter what I try it keeps triggering for non-Christian factions too. But hey, that's what testing is for! There also doesn't seem to be a battle trigger for agents, at least as far as I can tell, so that limits me a bit.

I really like those ideas! Just added a couple of them in now! "Total Traits" has a nice ring to it too.

Progress: 391 traits so far.

Need more inspiration for traits of admirals and assassins.

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Kudos to you and your work
    I would not have the nerve to do that. I was glad when I had implemented everything in traits and ancillaries I wanted to...

So good luck for your submod.
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

The requirements for Warrior Princess to trigger by having a barracks sounds good tho, without the need to board ship. Or maybe even a chance to get one from birth (like Arya Stark iirc)

I'll think about other traits too, wait for me to edit this post later!

EDIT:
    I cannot for the love of people, format the posts nicely using this forum. Please forgive me

• Hungarian Assassin +1 Subterfuge "Excels not only on the battlefield." Requires Barracks

• True Hashashim +1 Subterfuge "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." Requires Hashashins guild
    • Military Trained +1 Subterfuge "Learn how to kill better." Requires Barracks, random chance of 20%
    • Drunken Fool -1 Subterfuge "What's your order again... uh, sir? Hiccup" Random chance of 5% by staying in cities with brothel line or at creation
    • Loves gambling -1 Subterfuge "insert quote" Random chance of 5% by staying in cities with brothel line or at creation
    • Damascus/Toledo/Ulfhbert blade +1 Subterfuge "The fine steel of [insert]" Requires the respective wonder, for Assassins only

• Bishop of a Cathedral [Catholic]+2 Piety "insert quote"
    • Bishop of [insert church wonder] +2 Piety "insert quote"
    • Imam of a Mosque (Jama tier) +2 Piety "insert quote"
    • Imam of [insert islamic wonder] +3 Piety "insert quote"
    • Drinker/Gambler [PRIEST/IMAMS] -1 Piety
    • Priest of [insert pagan god] +3 Piety "insert quote"
    • Bishop of Cathedral [Orthodox] +3 Piety "insert quote"
    • A Merchant of Tripoli's Port +1 Finance "insert quote"
    • A Merchant of [insert economic wonders like above (salt mine, etc) +1 finance "insert quote"
    • Have Faith/Faithless -1 or +1 Subterfuge (increased chance) when killing a Priest
    Last edited by Cokjan; July 13, 2018 at 02:23 AM.

Slower progress because I've done a lot of testing. 404 traits so far, and I'm going to lock down and say no more traits for priests, heretics or witches (currently at 85 for priests and 35 for witches / heretics), at least until after the first release. My main focus for the next day or so will be getting more done on assassins.

Thanks for all the suggestions! And for the vote of confidence 4zumi