Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms F.A.Q.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms F.A.Q.

While some liberties were taken in several aspects, this mod is meant to be historically accurate and represent the historic political situation of late 2nd century China. Instead of the novel, we have relied upon SGZ, ZZTJ and other historic texts to make the mod.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    While some liberties were taken in several aspects, this mod is meant to be historically accurate and represent the historic political situation of late 2nd century China. Instead of the novel, we have relied upon SGZ, ZZTJ and other historic texts to make the mod.
    I assume Gan Ning was one of these liberties?

Gan Ning, Zhou Cang, any generals of the Nanman...

Gan Ning? Is he not a historical person?

How many settlements are used in this mod? For what I could gather, it seems to have 156 settlements. Is that right? Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Open descr_regions in Notepad++, then search for religions, click 'count'. Result = 156

Same principle for EDU, use ownership. Result = 493

Yeah that's exactly what I did, but i wasnt sure if they could be entries somewhere else (like characters that are in campaign script and not in descr_strat. Thanks Gig!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Please remember that each water RGB value counts as one region towards the 200 max count, eg in vanilla you had three values: main, red sea, caspian sea. RotK has only one.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 07, 2019 at 01:03 AM.

Quick Question:

Some of the faction leaders get traits regarding visiting a sacred Mount. How is this activated in game?

I actually worked on this yesterday and revamped it. In your current version it is broken, but how it will work is you will get a small faction bonus when you faction leader visits a sacred mountain and a substantial bonus once he visits all five.

Few questions:

1. Any ETA on 4.0? I'm thinking about AAR I wanted to do since well long time. Up for beta testing anyway.
    2. I saw in the changelog that regional recruitment is back, so units now can't be replenished across other regions?
    3. Stack spam script - any changes since 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by gasas View Post
    Few questions:

1. Any ETA on 4.0? I'm thinking about AAR I wanted to do since well long time. Up for beta testing anyway.
    2. I saw in the changelog that regional recruitment is back, so units now can't be replenished across other regions?
    3. Stack spam script - any changes since 2.0?
    1. I am giving the final files to Gigantus either today or tomorrow, so that he can begin compiling the 4.0 installer.
    2. Border Colonies were introduced a few versions ago to alleviate this.
    3. Values per settlement level were lowered for 4.0, but stack spam won't disappear entirely. The AI tends to pool their units into the same regions, unlike human players, so the issue appears much worse than it actually is. Bribing captain-led armies is the best bet to "thin the herd".

Which CAI is now implemented? I was thinking about tweaking this script to find some solution, yeah bribing sounds like an option but kinda cheezy. Good to be back here.

I believe we went back to SavageAI after briefly trying out Skynet; the latter was found to be way too passive.

Where's the main menu music from?

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    Where's the main menu music from?
    There are actually two main menu soundtracks, both from the movie White Vengeance (Hong Men Yan). The first you hear is Howl of the Mighty Wind, and the second is When Snow Falls Upon the City of Wu.

Is there a Chinese advisor dub for Medieval 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    Is there a Chinese advisor dub for Medieval 2?
    Not that I'm aware of. A Chinese mod team may have done it, but I have yet to see it.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

What's is your favourite faction btw, Seether? I have always a hard time to choose who to unite China with aside the four clans that have custom missions.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Wouldn't say I have a favorite faction, but there are a few (outside of the main 4 factions) that I find to be fun or interesting campaigns.

- Jingnan: Starting position isn't too horrible - Liu Biao to the north, Shi Xie to the south, Sun Ce and Shanyue to the east, but your west is secure because of the mountains. You can easily secure your core region and set defenses against your neighbors, plus you have both Huang Zhong and Wei Yan from the start. I usually go after Jingzhou first, which not only gives you some great cities (Xiangyang, Jiangling & Jiangxia), but also access to quite a few Unaligned characters.

-Liang: Li Jue is a turd, but he has a very strong starting position and some very competent characters at his disposal. I usually focus on eliminating Ma Teng and Han Sui first, then Zhang Lu. After that you can choose whether to head south into Shu, east into the Central Plains, or north-east against Zhang Yang and the Heishan.

Chen: Starting position is bad... surrounded on all sides by powerful neighbors, like Cao Cao and Yuan Shu. Being small and vulnerable, you will need to make friends, be careful with who you wage war against, and rely on bribing Unaligned characters to expand your officer base. I usually get friendly with Liu Biao and Cao Cao, then move against Yuan Shu. This can result in a relatively safe stronghold in the Huainan region. After that you pretty much have you pick of expansion targets, like Zhang Ji, Liu Bei, or the Jiangdong region.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast