Thread: Need help with the campaign aspect of a mod

Default Need help with the campaign aspect of a mod

Hi, I'm trying to create a mod that gives Arkhan the black an additional set of OP custom fire spells unique only to him, and I got it to work in custom battles as per the following screenshots:

Regular set of spells / Regular spells visible in the custom battle menu

Custom set of OP fire spells / Custom spells visible in the custom battle menu

However I can't get it to show up at all when I'm in a campaign, as can be seen here

I found some mods that added in custom skills to the skill trees in order to give lords new spells, but I was wondering if it was possible to just add on custom set of spells to an existing skill?

For example, I'm thinking of adding it on to the Right Hand of Nagash ability, which I have located in the character_skill_nodes_table in the db of data.pack, under character_skill_key, and it's ID appears to be wh2_dlc09_skill_tmb_arkhan_unique_5

However I can't seem to find any correlation between a unit's skills and the abilities it has.

Is there a specific table or a set of tables I need to modify in order to link my custom spells to Arkhan's ability, Right Hand Of Nagash?

I did the same thing with Malekith where i gave him the default lore of death magic, and it worked in custom battles, but not in campaign after completely unlocking everything in his skill trees (I did not mod his skill tree as well, cos I don't know how)

I've uploaded my arkhan mod above for reference, please let me know if you know how to get the spells to work in campaign, thanks!

Default Re: Need help with the campaign aspect of a mod

Just noticed this was posted some time ago so I'm not sure if help is still required, regardless, I'll put it here just in case.

Alright, I've done this type of thing before, creating LL skill trees, so I'll attempt my best to help you out. From what I gather, you want to add the lore of fire to Arkhan the Black, I'm assuming you've done so in custom battles via the land_units to abilities junctions table?

To get them in game, since you aren't creating any new skills or abilities/spells, it's actually quite simple, all you need to do is find the node of the skill you want to add the spells to, in this case, as you have found it, you need to add in the table, character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions and find the spells that you want to add in in the same table, or look through the effects table, for example, what you should be looking for within the case of the flaming sword of Rhuin is '
    wh_main_effect_magic_fire_enable_flaming_sword_of_rhuin' as well as the upgraded spell if need be, moreover, since you can assign multiple effects to the same skill within the case of magic, you may also want to add the reduced cost effect as well, do this for each spell for the same node following the similar level, effect scope and value as seen in the vanilla table and it should appear.