Thread: A working, non-Prologue Sons of Mars - how?

Default A working, non-Prologue Sons of Mars - how?

Ever since I was aware that this game could be modded (years, in other words), I have wanted to create a version of the Sons of Mars campaign which worked just like a regular campaign. Pick your faction in this tiny map and go. None of the scripted Prologue crap. And yet every time I have tried, I have failed for some reason.

I'm not prepared to let Rome 1 go, and I'm not prepared to give up on this.

I copied the files over from the sons_of_mars folder and I stripped out everything that didn't look essential. The folders went, as did anything called "bookmark" etc. The campaign script too. I made sure to make a copy of the regions and settlements file in data/text and renamed my copy to "my_campaign", like the main map folder, just as Myrddraal counselled. And yet it doesn't work. AND -show_err won't say so much as a word to me.

Only thing I've done is I've moved Tarquinii as-is under the Julii and shifted whichever guy was in there (Admetos, I think) one tile under, because I think the game would have problems with that.

Other info: I'm running it in a modfolder, I'm using Steam (obviously), and I'm running Windows 10.

Can anyone help me?

Default Re: A working, non-Prologue Sons of Mars - how?

(Double post since I seem to be unable to edit the original post)

Currently I'm getting to the very end of the loading screen before it CTDs.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: A working, non-Prologue Sons of Mars - how?

Maybe it would be better to post it at the miscellaneous sub-forum.You might find the help you want there.