Thread: Baktrian reform (from Satrap to King) not starting

Default Baktrian reform (from Satrap to King) not starting

Dear all,

I have been playing EB1 for a long time and decided to download and try EB2 at last. I have chosen to play one of my fav factions, Baktria. I am playing M/M (I know, not impressive for a decade-long TW player, but I love to play slow and grow my Empire). I have first put my economy on track, and then refused to pay the AS tax until AS attacked me in order to get independance, as per the explanations provided. After having taken 2 Large Towns and fought a number of land battles (I guess the 4 mentioned), I did get the message about "AS being ready to forgive me". I have refused it and taken a third province since (this time, a City). I am around Turn 200, and since I have taken the third city, about 5 turns ago, I still get each turn the proposal of AS to forgive me, but they have not recognised my independance.

Should I wait for more time, or have I done something wrong? Or do I have to send a diplomat to AS?

I would very much appreciate some hint on that, as I really love this campaign and would like to continue!

Best regards,

FFJean

Default Re: Baktrian reform (from Satrap to King) not starting

Winning at least 4 land battles and capturing at least 3 regions from Seleukia will make Baktria a kingdom, ending the war.

Note that an event will fire after 4 battles won and 2 settlements taken, where Baktria can be forgiven and become a satrapy again, allied with Arche Seleukia (and paying tributes again, I would assume).
    A few things to note : it is possible that you need to defeat an AS family member for the battle to count towards your land battle victories. You also probably need to initiate that battle. It is also quite possible that you need to have a FM in your own army, at least when you capture a settlement, for it to count as well.

Tips
    Earning independence unlocks the top-tier government building, the Basilike Patris. This in turn unlocks elite units, such as Hetairoi, Oxybeles, Hypaspistai and Baktroi Hippeis. It also allows Baktria to build factional governments outside of Baktria itself

Dear Lusitanio,

I did exactly as mentioned. That's what I tried to explain in my previous message (battles won, 2 cities captured, triggering the message about AS offering to forgive, then taking another city). I guess it is not directly afterwards, but maybe a few turns?

Sorry for my English, this may explain why you thought I did not even read the reform guide and copied it. But I had already read it ;-)

Best regards,

FFJean

But did you fought the battles or did you auto-resolve them?

Dear Lusitanio,

I did auto-resolve at least one. I’ll try to fight one more directly. Do you think it can wait a few turns to trigger? Or should it be direct?

Thank you for your help,

FFJean

I think that after you accomplish the necessary requirements by fighting the battles on your own and not automatic, it will most certainly happen after the next turn. Although some of the reforms rely on probabilities, I don't think that's one of them.

You should be fine if you wait it out. I had the same experience in my Baktrian campaign a few days ago. I captured a few cities and won a few battles until I got the "ready to forgive" message. I refused, but kept getting it (I think every year) until the independence message popped up.

If for some reason that doesn't work, there's always the failsafe that grants you independence once the AS is down to a few territories. I've found that to be reliable, as that's how I got freedom on my first Baktria campaign.

Dear both,

The reform finally triggered after another battle I fought and did not autoresolve. Just the turn after.

Thank you again for your time !

Best regards,

FFJean