Thread: Mr_Nygren's "Illidan's Naga" Let's Play! Beta 1.1

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Mr_Nygren's "Illidan's Naga" Let's Play! Beta 1.1

Illidan's NAGA - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #1

This is my let's play for Warcraft: Total War, where I'm playing as the Naga. This is a total mod conversion for Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms. I'll also be talking about various aspects of the mod during the campaign. Links down below!

Check out Warcraft: Total War here!
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-to...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/warcrafttw

Lady Vashj strikes back! - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #2

Enslaving the Murlocs at Mosswalker Village! - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #3

Lady Vashj and her Naga are fighting a smaller contingent of Night Elven troops (Kaldorei) - while Veehja over in Northrend is now assaulting Mosswalker Village in order to impose Naga rule on the Murlocs there!

Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Mr_Nygren's "Illidan's Naga" Let's Play!

Nice job!
    By the way it seems that the cursors are not recorded properly, i initially thought that was a problem related to my old rig or Bandicam but after watching your videos that's not seem the case here.
    That's kinda odd since they actually are visible in-game...at this point i really don't know if this problem is related to Med2 or to any recording software recording Med2... .
    Nevertheless, if you want to get rid of that annoying background noise may i suggest you to use audacity?
    I always did have noisy microphones and i kinda learned how to get rid of that noise almost completely by now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-38-33-442.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	354011
    Now let's pretend that the .mp4 file is your next walkthrough.
    As you can see i already have extracted the related audio file from the video, i usually use a third party program for that but actually you can do that with Audacity too: file-import-audio-open.
    The problem is, Audacity come out with default video libraries and it will not extract audio from .avi or .mp4 unless you update the libraries like this: edit-preferences-libraries-FFmpeg download.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-47-19-251.jpg 
Size:	404.5 KB 
ID:	354009
    But since the download and install of that libraries it's kinda tedious i do really think you should just stick with a third party program for extracting the audio.
    Now extract your audio as a .wav file and just select and drop it into Audacity or open it, there will be a massage about the file, since you have the original video as a backup just choose "faster" and click ok.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-42-56-729.jpg 
Size:	343.0 KB 
ID:	354010
    Now your Audacity should be look like this or just a bit more spiky than that.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-57-00-181.jpg 
Size:	423.8 KB 
ID:	354008
    You now need to find a specific part of the track that contains the background noise only, so click on play and found it.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-24-39-249.jpg 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	354007
    Now let's say that you found the noise part there, the first thing you wanna do is zoom in until you need it.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-25-44-923.jpg 
Size:	427.4 KB 
ID:	354006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-26-39-152.jpg 
Size:	427.5 KB 
ID:	354005
    Now click and hold until you have select the noise part, it should be look like this.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-26-57-399.jpg 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	354004
    Now go to effect-noise reduction-get noise profile.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-32-15-979.jpg 
Size:	458.2 KB 
ID:	354003
    Now zoom out until you are able to see the entirety of the track and then select all of it with ALT+2 clicks, it should be look like this.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-38-06-254.jpg 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	354002
    Now all you have to do is return to effect-noise reduction and this time click on ok.
    After the elaboration you can play again the track to make sure that everything is fine and after that you have to go to file-export-as wav.
    And finally you just need to take the new track into your video editor along with the original video, mute the old track, merge the new one and finally export the video with the new audio!
    It kinda feels complicate at first but when you get the hang of it this program will improve your audio quality a lot!

EDIT: After some testing i found the solution for the cursors not being recorded properly, it seems that most of the recording software come with a default option set to NOT show any cursor in-game so all you have to do is search that option and set it as show cursors in-game!
    Last edited by Zerg93; July 03, 2018 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg93 View Post
    Nice job!
    By the way it seems that the cursors are not recorded properly, i initially thought that was a problem related to my old rig or Bandicam but after watching your videos that's not seem the case here.
    That's kinda odd since they actually are visible in-game...at this point i really don't know if this problem is related to Med2 or to any recording software recording Med2... .
    Nevertheless, if you want to get rid of that annoying background noise may i suggest you to use audacity?
    I always did have noisy microphones and i kinda learned how to get rid of that noise almost completely by now.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-38-33-442.jpg 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	354011
    Now let's pretend that the .mp4 file is your next walkthrough.
    As you can see i already have extracted the related audio file from the video, i usually use a third party program for that but actually you can do that with Audacity too: file-import-audio-open.
    The problem is, Audacity come out with default video libraries and it will not extract audio from .avi or .mp4 unless you update the libraries like this: edit-preferences-libraries-FFmpeg download.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-47-19-251.jpg 
Size:	404.5 KB 
ID:	354009
    But since the download and install of that libraries it's kinda tedious i do really think you should just stick with a third party program for extracting the audio.
    Now extract your audio as a .wav file and just select and drop it into Audacity or open it, there will be a massage about the file, since you have the original video as a backup just choose "faster" and click ok.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-42-56-729.jpg 
Size:	343.0 KB 
ID:	354010
    Now your Audacity should be look like this or just a bit more spiky than that.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 19-57-00-181.jpg 
Size:	423.8 KB 
ID:	354008
    You now need to find a specific part of the track that contains the background noise only, so click on play and found it.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-24-39-249.jpg 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	354007
    Now let's say that you found the noise part there, the first thing you wanna do is zoom in until you need it.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-25-44-923.jpg 
Size:	427.4 KB 
ID:	354006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-26-39-152.jpg 
Size:	427.5 KB 
ID:	354005
    Now click and hold until you have select the noise part, it should be look like this.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-26-57-399.jpg 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	354004
    Now go to effect-noise reduction-get noise profile.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-32-15-979.jpg 
Size:	458.2 KB 
ID:	354003
    Now zoom out until you are able to see the entirety of the track and then select all of it with ALT+2 clicks, it should be look like this.

Name:	bandicam 2018-07-03 20-38-06-254.jpg 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	354002
    Now all you have to do is return to effect-noise reduction and this time click on ok.
    After the elaboration you can play again the track to make sure that everything is fine and after that you have to go to file-export-as wav.
    And finally you just need to take the new track into your video editor along with the original video, mute the old track, merge the new one and finally export the video with the new audio!
    It kinda feels complicate at first but when you get the hang of it this program will improve your audio quality a lot!

EDIT: After some testing i found the solution for the cursors not being recorded properly, it seems that most of the recording software come with a default option set to NOT show any cursor in-game so all you have to do is search that option and set it as show cursors in-game!
    Thanks for the instructions man. I have had Audacity for a long time but i have never attempted to remove the noise. Will test that in the future perhaps.

About the cursors they are fixed now. It was Bandicam because i hadn't un-checked the "remove cursor" or whatever option.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Illidan's battle near Nordrassil - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #4

Illidan Stormrage and his full stack of Naga are about to fight the bigger part of Archdruid Malfurions force, led by a Night Elven captain outside of the Night Elven capital (Tree in Warcraft 3) Nordrassil.

It would seem the army, which already includes Hydras and Sea Giants - will fight it's first battle against an army with Druids that can transform into birds and bears in actual gameplay.

- The Havamal

The battle outside of Auberdine - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #5

Lady Vashj is facing off against the two stacks of Night Elves protecting the town of Auberdine in the Darkshore region of Kalimdor. The battle seem to be dictating the outcome of who will control the region - the Night Elves (Kaldorei) or the Naga?

- The Havamal

The battle of Auberdine - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #6

Lady vashj has to defend against an army of Night Elves which arrived just in time to save the Large Town of Auberdine, which had been open to fall after the very recent battle outside of the Town in which Lady Vashj beat Broll Bearmantle's army.

A Night Elven Captain named Jarod has arrived by ships from Feathermoon to save the Town. Who will be victorious in the battle? The battle of Auberdine is to be decided!

The battle of Nordrassil - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #7

Illidan Stormrage is besiegiing the great Tree of Nordrassil (a large city in this mod) and a big Night Elven army, led by Cenarius and another known figure - are assaulting him as Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage is sallying out from Nordrassil himself. Who will win this epic battle? It's very equal.

The battle of Sillpine Hold - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #8

Lady Vashj has ventured to Sillpine Hold with her army, after first reinforcing her spent forces of the last few battles with a completely fresh group of units - arriving from the Solarsal and Bloodmyst Isles.

It's time to complete the mission to take Sillpine Hold, one of two settlements in control by Furlbolgs - the Gnolls are the placeholders of the Furlbolgs.

The battle of the village will be fought outside of the settlement area and henche there will be a traditional battle on the field determining the fate of the village.

The battle of Bristlelimb Village - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #9

Lady Vashj and her army has besieged the Furlbolg (Gnolls in this mod) village named Bristlelimb Village - the Gnolls are sallying out and Lady Vashj and her Naga will have to defend against the enemy! The battle of the viillage will be decided!

The battles of Arkkoran and Darnassus! - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #10

The Naga Rajnaz of Azshara is about to fight the battle of the Temple of Arkkoran - defended by the Sea Giant Rrurgaz and his two Sea Giant friends, and their army of Murlocs.

Also, the city of Darnassus is besieged by Lady Vashj, and the army stationed inside of the large town is reinforced by two other contingents resulting in the battle of Darnassus being fought as well.

Will the settlements fall to the Naga, or will the Night Elves or the Minor Factions succeed at defending them?

- The Havamal

The battles of Nendis! - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #11

The battle of Starbreeze Village! - Warcraft: Total War (The Naga) #12

- The Havamal