Thread: My altered background_script-file - play hotseat as all but one faction!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default My altered background_script-file - play hotseat as all but one faction!

I have added two more alternatives to the hotseat-option back in 2014. I forgot about it but it enables you to play hotseat as everyone on your own, with the exception of one faction that has to be AI-controled, you could also play with friends excluding one faction to the AI.

There are issues like if you used all the factions and didn't include one AI faction then you would win the game when the faction supposed to be the AI (Eriador/Free People's) lost.

I do believe one faction is the AI that you cannot beat without winning the campaign, and a second one (the one you choose first) is the player and if it is beaten you loose and cannot continue playing.

I had this issue with the campaign ending when i beat the Free People's and when Gondor (the faction i clicked on first) got defeated i lost the campaign.

So do not beat the faction in control by the AI until the very last moment of the campaign. And as for the faction you select to play first (the players actual faction) remember that if it is beaten the entire campaign is lost.

This means the players faction has to be kept alive for the hotseat to not end. So there are in fact two factions that are "special" and that cannot be allowed to fall before the others if the hotseat should continue on. RomeTW isn't made with Hotseat in mind after all.

Code:
    ;**********************************************;ACTIVATE HOT SEAT mod here:
    ;**********************************************

declare_counter hotseatmod
    set_counter hotseatmod 0

;Modify "set_counter hotseatmod 0" with the number of the hot seat mod you want to play:
    ;   0: No hot seat (default)
    ;   1: A New Power is Rising (Isengard-Dunland)
    ;   2: Forces of the Darklord (Mordor-Easterlings-Southrons)
    ;   3: Men of the West (Gondor-Rohan)
    ;   4: Sons of Men and Sons of Stone (Dwarves-Dale)
    ;   5: The First Children (Noldor-Galadhrim-Silvan)
    ;   6: Middleearth (Gondor-Rohan-Mordor-Isengard-Orc Rabbles-Southrons-Easterlings-Dwarves-Dunland-Dale-Galadhrim-Silvan-Noldor)
    ;   7: Midgard (Gondor-Rohan-Mordor-Isengard-Orc Rabbles-Southrons-Easterlings-Dwarves-Dunland-Dale-Silvan-Noldor-Free-peoples)
    As you can see in the number 6 and 7 entries - Free People's are playable in 7 (Midgard) and Galadhrim in 6 (Middleearth).

They are AI in the other respectively - the faction you choose first is the players faction.

I've edited more text than the lines above to make hotseat work like this. The reason for the extended hotseat is i liked to play campaigns as everyone in the past against myself.

Download-link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1weT...ew?usp=sharing

It's all done in the scripts/show_me/background_script file.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 04, 2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: My altered background_script-file - play hotseat as all but one faction!

Thank yoy Mr_Nygren. It sounds like a good addon.
    I have not tested this hotseat mode in a long time, I'm glad to see it is still being used.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: My altered background_script-file - play hotseat as all but one faction!

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Thank yoy Mr_Nygren. It sounds like a good addon.
    I have not tested this hotseat mode in a long time, I'm glad to see it is still being used.
    Hello Bardo, i think your and Wlesmania's LotRTW mod is awesome and there are parts of it i actually prefer over Third Age - such as the AI, the "custom settlements everywhere", the Goblins look way more like in LotR, Mordor is more of a swarm and Isengard has the best looking units with Testudo formation and everything. I also love how the battlefields are connected so that if one fights in the area neighboring Mount Doom one can see Mount Doom in the distance. That is awesome for the immersion.

Thank you and the rest of the developers for the ultimate RomeTW mod - Fourth AgeTW is a close second.

- Yes, hotseat mode is a nice feature.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal