Thread: unit's accuracy

Default unit's accuracy

hi there

congrats for this great mod. I downloaded this mod 3 days ago and spent hours enjoying it. Thank you !! ( north&south was my favourite game on amiga as well - yeah i am that old) I really appreciate your great work. It is almost a complete new game and i can see the effort on it really. Thank you!

My question is how can i increase unit's accuracy? I have PFM ver. 5.0. I opened file acw_data.pack file and unit_stats_land_tables - acq_histbattle_units_stats_land table. But i dont see any column named as " accuracy" Is it "core marksmanship value" that i need to alter to increase inf. unit's accuracy level? Because i see 200 units firing the enemy unit from a very close distance but they can only kill like 5 or 6 enemy units. So firing at each other takes too long time. ( and to get the result i have to charge at the enemy and battles become melee fest) I want to increase accuracy for this reason.

And other thing is cannons are not very effective. ( even cannister shot doesnt do much effect.)

I think you set these values like that to maintain the reality and i can understand that but i like to see effect when i fire at the enemy by 3 full units from 3 different angels. ( most cases this also cause only 10 casualties from the enemy unit only)

thank you and congrulations again.
    I may write some more feedbacks if you accept

Default Re: unit's accuracy

If you are using PFM, the column is called "Accuracy". Most people would argue that the units are too accurate. The values are all normalized based on a unit's quality so if you set them all to the same number you will unbalance a large part of the game-play. Remember that if you have flank or rear fire on a unit, their morale drops faster so you are doing that correctly. Artillery canister shot is set to the actual number of balls/shot per canister and you would have to edit the projectiles table to change those.

Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you are enjoying it. Version 2.1 will be out in a couple days so check back soon.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019